Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,198 members, 7,818,656 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:01 PM

#ArrogantlyNaija - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #ArrogantlyNaija (1867 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

#ArrogantlyNaija by Sweetlemon(f): 7:06pm On Jun 27, 2015
I have been doing a lot of thinking on this radio Biafra thing and their hate messages on air now. Wanting your own country is not the issue, but spreading and planting hate in targeted hearts is very dangerous to our already endangered existence. Something struck me, this is how Hitler started his campaign against the Jews, this is was exactly what started the Rwanda genocide in 1994, even BH grew and is continuing to wax stronger through the media.

I call on all well meaning, enlightened and right thinking South Easterners and South Southerners to rise up against this baby monster before it becomes an adult. It will make more sense if people from the said region take this up so it doesn't look like a "sabotage" against the Biafra by enemies from other regions are forcing them to stay. The social media is now a powerful tool for propagation, let's use it to the best of our ability to totally condemn hate and preach pride and love for Nigeria. I know this is not the best of times for us as Nigerians but really it's all in our hands to decide where we're headed. Do we want another war in the south? Thankfully the Biafra thing is still in it's beginning stages, we can drown it as it is now with our collective voice. Don't think you're not relevant enough to be heard. Remember that little drops of water makes a mighty ocean. To go about this, Please post updates on your social media pages state that you are proudly Igbo/Efik/Ibibio/Benin/Ikwere/ etc but you're condemning the hate from radio biafra then tag it ‪#‎ArrogantlyNaija‬. The purpose of this is to revive the proud spirit of Naija in our youths. Youths are often times easy targets for social unrest. This is more like an antidote to the poison of hate oozing from radio biafra. Please go now and play your part in nation building. Together we can make Nigeria great again. Nothing good ever comes out from hate. The politicians you're allowing yourselves become tools for will jet out of the country with their families at the slightest hint of war. Most Northern governors have their children abroad FYI.

People from other regions should feel free to add their voice to this cause because at the end of the day it affects all of us. God bless Nigeria. #ArrogantlyNaija

7 Likes 6 Shares

Re: #ArrogantlyNaija by shizzleStar: 7:47pm On Jun 27, 2015
Sweetlemon:
[s]I have been doing a lot of thinking on this radio Biafra thing and their hate messages on air now. Wanting your own country is not the issue, but spreading and planting hate in targeted hearts is very dangerous to our already endangered existence. Something struck me, this is how Hitler started his campaign against the Jews, this is was exactly what started the Rwanda genocide in 1994, even BH grew and is continuing to wax stronger through the media.

I call on all well meaning, enlightened and right thinking South Easterners and South Southerners to rise up against this baby monster before it becomes an adult. It will make more sense if people from the said region take this up so it doesn't look like a "sabotage" against the Biafra by enemies from other regions are forcing them to stay. The social media is now a powerful tool for propagation, let's use it to the best of our ability to totally condemn hate and preach pride and love for Nigeria. I know this is not the best of times for us as Nigerians but really it's all in our hands to decide where we're headed. Do we want another war in the south? Thankfully the Biafra thing is still in it's beginning stages, we can drown it as it is now with our collective voice. Don't think you're not relevant enough to be heard. Remember that little drops of water makes a mighty ocean. To go about this, Please post updates on your social media pages state that you are proudly Igbo/Efik/Ibibio/Benin/Ikwere/ etc but you're condemning the hate from radio biafra then tag it ‪#‎ArrogantlyNaija‬. The purpose of this is to revive the proud spirit of Naija in our youths. Youths are often times easy targets for social unrest. This is more like an antidote to the poison of hate oozing from radio biafra. Please go now and play your part in nation building. Together we can make Nigeria great again. Nothing good ever comes out from hate. The politicians you're allowing yourselves become tools for will jet out of the country with their families at the slightest hint of war. Most Northern governors have their children abroad FYI.

People from other regions should feel free to add their voice to this cause because at the end of the day it affects all of us. God bless Nigeria. #ArrogantlyNaija[/s]

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: #ArrogantlyNaija by FreeBiafra: 7:52pm On Jun 27, 2015
It is not possible for God to make a promise and renege on it. God has proposed that Biafra should come and it must surely come. Isee!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: #ArrogantlyNaija by meforyou1(m): 7:59pm On Jun 27, 2015
Op, u guys call Igbos especially, so many unpalatable names. And now they want to go and u say no? What exactly is the problem?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: #ArrogantlyNaija by Sweetlemon(f): 8:11pm On Jun 27, 2015
meforyou1:
Op, u guys call Igbos especially, so many unpalatable names. And now they want to go and u say no? What exactly is the problem?

1. I'm from Akwa-Ibom
2. If they want to go why must they employ hate and incite violence?
3. Why drag the SS along with them?

4 Likes

Re: #ArrogantlyNaija by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 8:12pm On Jun 27, 2015
Why leave the microorganism causing disease and focus on the symptoms?

@sweetmelon

I don't comment on radio Biafra because I haven't listened to it nor heard Nnamdi Kalu speak.

But if I may ask, why was Nollywood movie "Half of yellow sun" banned only in Nigeria?

Why is Nigeria Civil war not part of our educational curricula?

Have you read this piece by Akpabio

GOVERNOR GODSWILL AKPABIO SPEAKS ON BIAFRA AND GOWON

THEWILL: You have been very vocal lately in dismissing and trashing the then federal military government’s post-civil war efforts at the 3 Rs: Reconstruction, Reconciliation and Rehabilitation. What don’t you agree with?

AKPABIO: As a young man, you definitely will not understand me. But I was a victim of the Civil War. I was one of those who suffered the pains of the war. I was born sometime in 1962; the civil war came really into our area in 1967. So, I was probably five or six years old during the war; and if I had been around nine years, I would probably have been conscripted.

I saw parents throw their children into pit toilets because they did not want their positions to be made known to the enemy. I saw devastation; I saw kwashiorkor; I saw hunger; I saw thousands of people and bodies littered everywhere and smelling while vultures had a field day every day. I saw houses destroyed; I saw families scattered such that till the end of the world, they can never gather themselves together again. There were children who were shipped away to Gabon, and they can never come back to Nigeria again because they were small. How would two-year-olds and three-year-olds ever know where they came from? They are proud Gabonese and I don’t think Nigerians are even asking questions.

So, during the Silverbird Man of the Year Award, there were pictures that were shown of the Civil War. Somebody, sitting by me, who is from the West, was asking if those things were acted: the Kwashiorkor-ridden children with their swollen tummies, ugly shapes and bony structures because of hunger and starvation.

The then Head of State, General Yakubu Gowon attempted to explain that he tried everything to avoid the scenes that were being shown on the screen, that he did not want the war. The other person who could have answered him, unfortunately, that is Emeka Ojukwu, is dead. He said he tried everything to stop the war from breaking out but it’s only Ojukwu who could have answered whether he equally did his part in avoiding the war.

But something struck me: it was said that Gowon should be commended for initiating the three Rs: reconciliation, rehabilitation and reconstruction. And I asked a very simple question, that I came with a written text but I wasn’t going to read it. I thanked Silverbird for the award; and I said I did not want to criticise my leaders because I am also now a leader. But I asked to be allowed to ask a question: how come reconstruction started in the West when the war was actually fought in the East? They started the Third Mainland Bridge, the National Theatre, the international airport, and so on, in the West, while the war was fought in the eastern region. And if we really wanted to ensure total reconciliation, how come every account holder in the eastern region was given only £20? It did not matter whether your father had £10,000,000 or £50,000,000 before the war; you were given just £20. It was a take it or leave it situation. If your family survived and there was an account holder alive, he/she went to the bank, and collected just £20.

Could £20 pounds solve the Kwashiorkor that we were seeing? Could it reconstruct the houses that were burnt? Could it produce food? A lot of other things happened that I did not mention on that occasion. Don’t forget that it was shortly after the war in 1971 that the policy of indigenisation started, where most of the foreign industries and companies were sold to Nigerians, and the war-ravaged eastern regions, which include the entire South-South and the rest of them, could not buy, because no one who did not have money to even feed or clothe himself would have had money to buy any industry. So, I was just wondering, as a young man, if that was true reconciliation, because one would have thought that the government would have gone to any extent to give them more money so that they could truly rehabilitate themselves.

They needed money from reconstruction, and I would have thought that reconstruction would have also started from the East. I just asked because we were lucky to have the persona dramatis of the war right in front of us: General T. Y. Danjuma, General Yakubu Gowon, General Buhari and others. It is very rare to see three former heads of state in just one place, so I had to ask.

I said also that it is important, even for the current-day leaders, that we continue to take actions that will unite Nigeria. And we should purge ourselves of actions that tend to cause pains to Nigerians. For me, I believe that because of certain policies of the federal government after the war, the war did not cease in the eastern region until about 30 years after the war.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: #ArrogantlyNaija by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jun 27, 2015
Sweetlemon:

1. I'm from Akwa-Ibom

You are that Akwa Ibom girl on Twitter that appended that hashtag to ur tweet?
Hehehe.

Rubbish.

Lol, zoo is falling tho.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: #ArrogantlyNaija by rudebouy: 11:02am On Jul 04, 2015
Normality:

You are that Akwa Ibom girl on Twitter that appended that hashtag to ur tweet? Hehehe.
Rubbish.
Lol, zoo is falling tho.
No! She is from yoruba. Becos any anti-biafran is yoruba.
If naija is a zoo, and you live in the zoo and eat the zoo food, wot are you?

6 Likes

Re: #ArrogantlyNaija by baralatie(m): 12:07pm On Jul 04, 2015
Sweetlemon:
I have been doing a lot of thinking on this radio Biafra thing and their hate messages on air now. Wanting your own country is not the issue, but spreading and planting hate in targeted hearts is very dangerous to our already endangered existence. Something struck me, this is how Hitler started his campaign against the Jews, this is was exactly what started the Rwanda genocide in 1994, even BH grew and is continuing to wax stronger through the media.

People from other regions should feel free to add their voice to this cause because at the end of the day it affects all of us. God bless Nigeria. #ArrogantlyNaija
I have not listened to radio Biafra and I don't intend to.I grew up with a. lot of guys who had this Ideaology whooped down their throat and offered my own ideas about pursuing a mor e greater goal but they refused but over the years I have seen them reformed in their thoughts towards this thinking having had a better understanding of themselves and their through culture.
as for those claiming for bloodshed well I live them with too numerous examples of country's .
#proudlyblack
#proudlynaija

3 Likes

Re: #ArrogantlyNaija by Yujin(m): 12:53pm On Jul 04, 2015
As a SE/SS person can you say you are proud to be a Nigerian? If your answer is No then the earlier you join the movement the better for you. This Nigeria has not benefitted any honest and upright person. All the systems are upside down. Only other nationals have benefitted from it namely Liberia, Sierra Leone, Niger and Benin republics. Even Cameroon has benefitted but not the hardworking populace. Look at her critically and tell me what you see. Do you any hope? Enough of the hypocrisy.
Death to this Nigeria.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: #ArrogantlyNaija by rudebouy: 9:21pm On Jul 04, 2015
Yujin:
As a SE/SS person can you say you are proud to be a Nigerian? If your answer is No then the earlier you join the movement the better for you. This Nigeria has not benefitted any honest and upright person. All the systems are upside down. Only other nationals have benefitted from it namely Liberia, Sierra Leone, Niger and Benin republics. Even Cameroon has benefitted but not the hardworking populace. Look at her critically and tell me what you see. Do you any hope? Enough of the hypocrisy.
Death to this Nigeria.

Wow! So Nigeria is the reason for all ur failures and frustrations in life?

Wot a mindset! shocked

3 Likes

Re: #ArrogantlyNaija by Yujin(m): 1:01am On Jul 05, 2015
rudebouy:

Wow! So Nigeria is the reason for all ur failures and frustrations in life?

Wot a mindset! shocked
I believe I'm more successful than you in this life. I grew up receiving prizes for excellence in academics. I wrote my Waec, Neco and Jamb once and cleared them with distinctions. I got my admission by merit and I graduated with a good result. I'm doing what I'm doing now which is best kept to myself. I hate to see things done wrongly hence my outburst Nigeria was built on a faulty foundation and her blocks were glued with the blood of the innocents. Is it not clear to you that she is headed no where? I could live my life without any care of what happens around me but I'm not cut out for that. I also chose not to die in silence. I will make an effort to change any situation I'm not satisfied with.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: #ArrogantlyNaija by TechRev: 1:09am On Jul 05, 2015
#ArrogantlyMonkey

2 Likes

Re: #ArrogantlyNaija by rudebouy: 1:15am On Jul 05, 2015
Yujin:

I believe I'm more successful than you in this life. I will make an effort to change any situation I'm not satisfied with.

Na so. U for type ya cv hia na weda u for get new jab. Nama!

How many ppl hav you paid dia scl fees? Apart from ur job, if u have any, wot have you contributed to naija so far? U want to make a change by supporting hate speeches and hate movement abi?

Ur so "educated" and "enlightened", I see.

U dont even know me and ur alredi more successful becos u pass waec and have a couple of plaques and laminated paper awards in ur wardrobe abi? cheesy

I admire ur sense of humour.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #ArrogantlyNaija by CSTR2: 1:17am On Jul 05, 2015
\.

4 Likes

Re: #ArrogantlyNaija by Lero15(m): 1:48pm On Jul 05, 2015
Nice post, sweetlemon. Spread the word.

1 Like

Re: #ArrogantlyNaija by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jul 05, 2015
I'm SS and don't need any person to tell me Nigeria is a scam. They succeeded in deceiving our parents cos of lack of education and force but the rising voices in majority of us is so overwhelming. We are determined to pull out of this zoo either by hook or crook. Worse case scenario we will re-negotiate the terms of stay.

If Biafra pulls out, make no mistake the SS will go with them. The few judases and slaves that think otherwise can go to zamfara to live peacefully with their fellow citizens. What similarity do I have with a northerner that makes us one? Eh... how we take relate?

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #ArrogantlyNaija by Truckpusher(m): 2:42pm On Jul 05, 2015
This zoo must crumble unless we renegotiate the terms

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: #ArrogantlyNaija by Nobody: 9:18am On Jul 06, 2015
(1) I am an igbo man from the the former eastern region, imo state to be precise and present day south east.
(2) I am not in support of Biafra.
(3) I stand for One Nigeria.
(4) Sweetlemon nobody is dragging Akwa ibom with u, we are only interest with our igbo kins in d southsouth and nothing more.

1 Like

Re: #ArrogantlyNaija by Nobody: 9:19am On Jul 06, 2015
Truckpusher:
This zoo must crumble unless we renegotiate the terms
OK what are the new terms u want?
All dz social media talk and no action is really getting me pissed.

1 Like

Re: #ArrogantlyNaija by Truckpusher(m): 9:21am On Jul 06, 2015
lygn19:

OK what are the new terms u want?
All dz social media talk and no action is really getting me pissed.
Piss on ya face.

2 Likes

Re: #ArrogantlyNaija by Lordave: 9:26am On Jul 06, 2015
The politicians you're allowing yourselves become tools for will jet out of the country with their families at the slightest hint of war.

Hypocrite! How am I sure you also are not a political tool been used to in a futile attempt to curb people's harmless ambition?

When Igbos were been called all sorts of unattractive names did you also use the social media to campaign for Igbos?

Rubbish!

Just go and live your live cos nobody is doing what you're proposing.

What a futile attempt to feel popular and important.
Re: #ArrogantlyNaija by YoruBanger: 9:31am On Jul 06, 2015
@Sweetlemon: I no be ss or se but I support your #ArrogantlyNaija initiative.

3 Likes

Re: #ArrogantlyNaija by Beremx(f): 9:35am On Jul 06, 2015
One thing Nnamdi Kanu should know is that Igbos cannot be easily brainwashed with his hate filled Radio Biafra. The common Igbo man is more concerned about how profitable is his business and how he intends feeding his family. Igbos who do business in other places apart from Igbo land do not even pray for war to achieve Biafra because they know they will be the greatest casualties. If it happens,this time around,their properties might not be given back to them as it was in 1970.

It is good to agitate for Biafra but the manner the agitation is going is very bad. Nnamdi Kanu is only creating enemies for Igbos and not fightng for the Biafra cause.

Dragging other ethnic groups to join Biafra is not by force. Igbos can do without them. If the south-south has refused to join Biafra,they have every right to do so!

3 Likes

Re: #ArrogantlyNaija by Nobody: 9:46am On Jul 06, 2015
Beremx:
One thing Nnamdi Kanu should know is that Igbos cannot be easily brainwashed with his hate filled Radio Biafra. The common Igbo man is more concerned about how profitable is his business and how he intends feeding his family. Igbos who do business in other places apart from Igbo land do not even pray for war to achieve Biafra because they know they will be the greatest casualties. If it happens,this time around,their properties might not be given back to them as it was in 1970.

It is good to agitate for Biafra but the manner the agitation is going is very bad. Nnamdi Kanu is only creating enemies for Igbos and not fightng for the Biafra cause.

Dragging other ethnic groups to join Biafra is not by force. Igbos can do without them. If the south-south has refused to join Biafra,they have every right to do so!
Is dat ur goal. PROFITABILITY.
Please speak for urself, I am an igbo man, and I am interested in more than the things listed above.
U and I know dat der is sth wrong with the Nigerian system, if der is nothing wrong with it u won't be in Lagos ryt now.
I believe der is always a way, but Biafra is not yet the answer.
Re: #ArrogantlyNaija by Nobody: 9:47am On Jul 06, 2015
Truckpusher:
Piss on ya face.
Gladly.
Re: #ArrogantlyNaija by Beremx(f): 9:51am On Jul 06, 2015
lygn19:

[s] Is dat ur goal. PROFITABILITY.
Please speak for urself, I am an igbo man, and I am interested in more than the things listed above.
U and I know dat der is sth wrong with the Nigerian system, if der is nothing wrong with it u won't be in Lagos ryt now.
I believe der is always a way, but Biafra is not yet the answer. [/s]
make sure you cure your identity crises before you quote me next time.

Ignored henceforth!
Re: #ArrogantlyNaija by Lordave: 9:56am On Jul 06, 2015
Sweetlemon:

1. I'm from Akwa-Ibom
[b]
1. It doesn't matter where you come from, after all, I can post your hate inciting comments about Igbos here.

2. You're not inclined/being compelled to do what Nnamdi Kanu or whatever his name is, says. But then, you've deliberately turned a blind eye on those threatening Igbos with death and mass graves if they ever try to secede.

3. Nobody can reasonably say that pro Biafrans are dragging the South South into Biafra. Nnamdi Kanu is only seeking for your alliance, which you ALONE have the power to consent to. Have you heard that Nnamdi Kanu and his followers were forcefully recruiting South South men into Biafran army Why the insecurity? Not so long ago you were bragging about how Tompolo and his boys will put the Biafrans in their rightful place and now you're here walling aimlessly. Didn't you say that Igbos are gullible and that Akpabio was using them just for his selfish political purpose? Aren't you South Southerners bold and sensible enough to ignore Pro Biafrans and their hate inciting sermons?
Now you want every Nigerian, including the Igbos you constantly abuse and ridicule to stand against pro Biafrans. How cunning of you! Or should I say smart?

Any Igbo person who knows you and how bigoted and naive you're, that indulges in this your senseless and futile campaign, I'm sorry to say, is a bigger fool.
I'd have perhaps evangelise your sermon if you were an unbiased observer, but just bear it in mind that you're a bigot and a HYPOCRITE and many people know that. [/b]

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: #ArrogantlyNaija by Nobody: 10:00am On Jul 06, 2015
Beremx:
make sure you cure your identity crises before you quote me next time.

Ignored henceforth!
LoL... dat one u saw was child's play, I will continue making problems with Yoruba ppl in d guise of d entire igbos until they start attacking u guys. so dat u ppl wud finally get some sense, dat der is no place like home.
Re: #ArrogantlyNaija by nwadiuko1(m): 10:04am On Jul 06, 2015
Sweetlemon:

1. I'm from Akwa-Ibom 2. If they want to go why must they employ hate and incite violence? 3. Why drag the SS along with them?
fvck off..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #ArrogantlyNaija by Sweetlemon(f): 12:07pm On Jul 08, 2015
Yujin:

I believe I'm more successful than you in this life. I grew up receiving prizes for excellence in academics. I wrote my Waec, Neco and Jamb once and cleared them with distinctions. I got my admission by merit and I graduated with a good result. I'm doing what I'm doing now which is best kept to myself. I hate to see things done wrongly hence my outburst Nigeria was built on a faulty foundation and her blocks were glued with the blood of the innocents. Is it not clear to you that she is headed no where? I could live my life without any care of what happens around me but I'm not cut out for that. I also chose not to die in silence. I will make an effort to change any situation I'm not satisfied with.

You achieved all these while in the zoo?

#ZooRebublicForLife grin

1 Like

Re: #ArrogantlyNaija by anulaxad(m): 12:17pm On Jul 08, 2015
calebo101:
I'm SS and don't need any person to tell me Nigeria is a scam. They succeeded in deceiving our parents cos of lack of education and force but the rising voices in majority of us is so overwhelming. We are determined to pull out of this zoo either by hook or crook. Worse case scenario we will re-negotiate the terms of stay.

If Biafra pulls out, make no mistake the SS will go with them. The few judases and slaves that think otherwise can go to zamfara to live peacefully with their fellow citizens. What similarity do I have with a northerner that makes us one? Eh... how we take relate?

What makes us one is our extensive history that spans over 100 years and you being an IGBO your history spans even longer when it comes to the southwest.You speak out of anger and Ignorance.

I can argue with you unnecessarily but trust me when I say that at 2019 when President General Muhamadu Buhari has finished his first term of presidency and the man has fixed what your brother Jonathan left behind you will definitely not want to leave this great country.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gov. Wike Meets With Pastor Lazarus Mouka At State House,Port Harcourt(pics) / Kogi: We Warned That Audu Could Die – Suleman / #what Would Have Been Naijas Fate Today If Jonathan Had Won?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.