Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,995 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:45 AM

What Does Hebrews 6:1 To 3 Mean? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does Hebrews 6:1 To 3 Mean? (843 Views)

Can Salvation Be Lost? Let's See : Hebrews 6:4-6 - Paul Ellis / Igbo People Are The Hebrews Of The Bible ... 100% Proof / What Does Hebrews 10v26 Mean Please? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does Hebrews 6:1 To 3 Mean? by Wayne4uall(m): 8:25pm On Jun 27, 2015
It says....
1 Therefore let us leave the elementary teachings about
Christ and go on to maturity, not laying again the foundation
of repentance from acts that lead to death, and of faith in
God, 2 instruction about baptisms, the laying on of hands,
the resurrection of the dead, and eternal judgment. 3 And
God permitting, we will do

A Muslim frd showed me in the Bible to explain to him. I can't pls guys come to my aid
Re: What Does Hebrews 6:1 To 3 Mean? by cooluc(f): 8:34pm On Jun 27, 2015
Ummm bible interpretation is nt like concepts n theories of men that one can just give meaning to...what I will suggest is u read d entire chapter n pray dat the holy spirit drop a msg in your heart about it....cos you are bond to read several views and opinion in here....best of luck
Re: What Does Hebrews 6:1 To 3 Mean? by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jun 27, 2015
First, you need the help of the Holy Spirit to understand the scriptures.. The chapter you are referring to begins from chapter 5, so read and understand why the book said let us move on to maturity and leave the elementary stage, and also read on to know what the whole chapter is saying. The Chapter explains a lot about christianity which I can't start explaining here, just ask the Holy Spirit to guide you into all truth... Selah

1 Like

Re: What Does Hebrews 6:1 To 3 Mean? by Scholar8200(m): 1:02am On Jun 28, 2015
@Op, like others have said, seek the Teaching of The Holy Spirit. On this forum, we need to discern when it's best to, ''give not that which is holy unto the dogs lest they turn again and rend you''.
However, it is not a call to abandon Christ or the gospel.
If you will diligently consider chapters 6-13, the depths and heights in Christ that Paul was inviting his readers to is tucked therein but can only be seen by revelation of the Spirit.
Re: What Does Hebrews 6:1 To 3 Mean? by Nobody: 4:16am On Jun 28, 2015
Wayne4uall:
It says....
1 Therefore let us leave the elementary teachings about
Christ and go on to maturity, not laying again the foundation
of repentance from acts that lead to death, and of faith in
God, 2 instruction about baptisms, the laying on of hands,
the resurrection of the dead, and eternal judgment. 3 And
God permitting, we will do

A Muslim frd showed me in the Bible to explain to him. I can't pls guys come to my aid
I believe the elementary the teachings are the foundations of Christianity, and how Christianity is practised. Those are also things done by men as doctrine - more like religion. He was telling his audience to mature in their knowledge of God by seeking deeper revelation about Him.

I would consider teachings on things like the power of God and how it works in men to be a subject requiring deeper revelation for example. Also how God's Angels work, how wickedness works in the spiritual realm, spiritual warfare, etc etc
Re: What Does Hebrews 6:1 To 3 Mean? by damilareoye: 5:28am On Jun 28, 2015
firstly, expect much more insightful interpretation from people according to how they are led because reading of the word of God brings eternally uplifting meaning and this is why they are new every morning.

those verses of the bible can be divided into two . the first is talking about early stage of Christian salvation (salvation past/present) and the second about salvation future.

at salvation past, all what is to be learnt are purely like feeding a little baby coupled with instructions but the Lord is expecting you and me to grow and come out of this stage just as we graduate in academic classes though most Christians have refused to grow because they still swim in the pool of sin.

come to reality of the end time, be ye in remembrance of the judgement day and preach the gospel that surely, all this will come to end on day. and this is the latter part. 'setting priority on things above'
Re: What Does Hebrews 6:1 To 3 Mean? by Wayne4uall(m): 1:00pm On Jun 28, 2015
Thanks guys but I have not gotten the answer I need
Re: What Does Hebrews 6:1 To 3 Mean? by Orunto: 2:47pm On Jun 28, 2015
Simply put: Practise what you preach.

(1) (Reply)

Muslims Get Rid Of Ur Photos And Cameras, Its Unislamic Apparently. / Quran 3:151 – ‘soon Shall We Cast Terror Into The Hea…’ – Commentary / 10 People Who Sold There Soul To The Devil To Obtain Fame.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.