Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,945 members, 7,952,818 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:02 AM

LG Optimus G Pro Thread - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / LG Optimus G Pro Thread (9177 Views)

Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro Thread...help! / Official Infinix Note 3 And Note 3 Pro Thread / Infinix Hot Note Pro Or LG Optimus Pro (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by Mekurexx: 1:46pm On Jul 02, 2015
i checked for Note 3. i no see note 3 at 45k oh. 50k+ angry
koice:

Even it is 45k, it's still a good deal. You can get a fairly used Samsung Note 3 at that price.
Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by donhils: 2:28pm On Jul 02, 2015
koice:

It's from your charger joor. Get an original universal usb cord (cost 1k in some phone outlets), then plug it into a laptop's usb port, change the Usb option to 'Charge only', switch off your phone and then watch something fantastic take place. Uninterrupted, 2 hours, give or take, your LG pro will be fully charged.
So you're saying that laptop charges faster than normal chargers? Remember, usb port from a laptop can dispense only 500mA, So how can it charge faster than my charger that's rated 1.8A?
Plus switching off my phone has little or no effect on the charging rate. I just switched off now and charged for 30mins and guess what I got...23%.

1 Like

Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by kazzonline: 2:30pm On Jul 02, 2015
koice:

Even if it is 45k, it's still a good deal. You can get a fairly used Samsung Note 3 at that price.

@koice yes 45k for a used lg g3 with line on the screen is a good deal no doubts sir,and for the note 3 it wont be neat or it must sha hav one fault which seller wont want to let you know of,unless its a distress sale sha.
Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jul 02, 2015
donhils:

So you're saying that laptop charges faster than normal chargers? Remember, usb port from a laptop can dispense only 500mA, So how can it charge faster than my charger that's rated 1.8A?

Dude, it's a known fact that charging phone via a lappy is more efficient than normal charging. Safer too. This is not an issue to argue over. Just make sure you used a cord that is recognizable to your system to enable a successful driver installation.
Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by kazzonline: 2:33pm On Jul 02, 2015
Mekurexx:
I think the only backdrop about LG G3, Gpro etc is over heating (based on what i have read from other peeps stories). the slow charging is not new. even right from the boom of blackberry. i have used s4, grand duos and experienced slow charging. but what i do is i use original phone chargers of other brands with usb mouth (nokia esp) to charge and it works like magic. idk hw lg charger be like tho embarassed

Well as for me ooo,my lg g3 doesnt overheat and it has never ever slow charged never!!!
Infact lg just didnt state it,g3 has fast charging capabilties,with the original lg charger,i am always amazed at how fast it charges
Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by kazzonline: 2:35pm On Jul 02, 2015
Mekurexx:
i checked for Note 3. i no see note 3 at 45k oh. 50k+ angry

You nor fit see,unless na distress sales,some sellers hav some for sale on nairaland.the note 3 is a beast,no b anyow phone
Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by donhils: 2:37pm On Jul 02, 2015
Elxandre:

Check the power rating of your charger.
Is it up to 2A?
My charger is rated 1.8A, it's one BlackBerry charger that usually has very long cable. When I got it earlier, it was somehow fast. My phone gets filled in 1hr 58mins then. After like 3 months of use, the charging speed began to wane. Once it gets to 75%, the thing becomes extremely slow. Ok, once I had a Samsung charger rated 2A, that one too charged well for some time and became bad. The worst was the one that came with the phone when I bought it, 1.2A and it took 7hrs to charge completely.
Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jul 02, 2015
I'm going used phone hunting this weekend. Just wanna know the prices of Uk used Samsung Note 3, Sony Xperia Z3, Huawei Mate 7, and HTC One (m8).
Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by donhils: 2:42pm On Jul 02, 2015
koice:

Dude, it's a known fact that charging phone via a lappy is more efficient than normal charging. Safer too. This is not an issue to argue over. Just make sure you used a cord that is recognizable to your system to enable a successful driver installation.

I don't believe it. Number 1, no matter the cable I used to plug the phone I get slow charging displayed on my phone screen. In 2hrs I get about 54% though I don't switch it off but I still don't think it will make any difference.
Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jul 02, 2015
donhils:

I don't believe it. Number 1, no matter the cable I used to plug the phone I get slow charging displayed on my phone screen. In 2hrs I get about 54% though I don't switch it off but I still don't think it will make any difference.

Well, that's your own wahalla. Been charging phones with my HP probook 4530s as long as I can remember. The trick is to modify the power options by setting it on power saving mode, then in the instance of power outage, put the lappy on sleep mode by shutting down the lid, then plug in your phone and you're good to go. It doubles as my power bank.

1 Like

Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by Darkseid(m): 3:23pm On Jul 02, 2015
I dont know about you guys but my pro takes about 80mins to charge from 0 to 100 percent. After about 4hrs of movie watching I still have about 60percent left.
Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jul 02, 2015
Darkseid:
I dont know about you guys but my pro takes about 80mins to charge from 0 to 100 percent. After about 4hrs of movie watching I still have about 60percent left.

Mine takes a little longer than that to negotiate the 90% home stretch, the battery though doesn't last as long as it used to on heavy usage, but I chalked that up on the battery and the chipset having seen better days.
Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by donhils: 11:19pm On Jul 02, 2015
Darkseid:
What do you charge with?
Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by Elxandre(m): 10:54am On Jul 03, 2015
koice:

Well, that's your own wahalla. Been charging phones with my HP probook 4530s as long as I can remember. The trick is to modify the power options by setting it on power saving mode, then in the instance of power outage, put the lappy on sleep mode by shutting down the lid, then plug in your phone and you're good to go. It doubles as my power bank.

Most PCs come with a 500mA output rating.
Your probook is probably one of the exceptions, as a few PCs, especially more decent ones like yours, come with a higher 750-1A rating.

1 Like

Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by Mekurexx: 9:03pm On Jul 03, 2015
Hello bro. wanted to ask you whats your current OS version on your phone? and can lollipop run smoothly on g3. pls advise
kazzonline:

Well as for me ooo,my lg g3 doesnt overheat and it has never ever slow charged never!!!
Infact lg just didnt state it,g3 has fast charging capabilties,with the original lg charger,i am always amazed at how fast it charges
Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by kazzonline: 12:04am On Jul 04, 2015
Mekurexx:
Hello bro. wanted to ask you whats your current OS version on your phone? and can lollipop run smoothly on g3. pls advise

Android 5.0 yes its runs butter smooth
Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by Elxandre(m): 11:11am On Jul 04, 2015
koice:

Mine takes a little longer than that to negotiate the 90% home stretch, the battery though doesn't last as long as it used to on heavy usage, but I chalked that up on the battery and the chipset having seen better days.
Koice, Please do you know of anywhere UK used phones are sold in Akure?
Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jul 04, 2015
Elxandre:

Koice, Please do you know of anywhere UK used phones are sold in Akure?

Go down to Oyemekun Road, then make enquires.
Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by Elxandre(m): 3:28pm On Jul 04, 2015
koice:

Go down to Oyemekun Road, then make enquires.
I don't live in Akure actually, that's why I'm asking. Was just hoping you knew, so when I need a phone, I can be sure about it.
Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jul 04, 2015
Elxandre:

I don't live in Akure actually, that's why I'm asking.
Was just hoping you knew, so when I need a phone, I can be sure about it.

I don't live in Akure either, did my NYSC there though.
Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by Elxandre(m): 3:36pm On Jul 04, 2015
koice:

I don't live in Akure either, did my NYSC there though.
Ok then.

1 Like

Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jul 04, 2015
From my research of Uk fairly used phone prices (took a trip down to Ring road in Benin City, this afternoon):

-Lg G3: 65k but negotiable to 60k
-Samsung Galaxy s5: 65k but negotiable to 60k
-Samsung Note 3: 70k but negotiable to 65k.
-HTC One (m8): 50k but negotiable to 45k to a serious buyer.
-Samsung galaxy s4: 50k but negotiable to 40k
-Sony Xperia Z3: 70k but negotiable to 65k to a serious buyer (comes with full accessories upon purchase).

My interest is now focus on the Z3. Will be buying this flagship killer very soon.
Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by kazzonline: 8:44pm On Jul 04, 2015
koice:
From my research of Uk fairly used phone prices (took a trip down to Ring road in Benin City, this afternoon):

-Samsung Galaxy s5: 60k but negotiable to 55k
-Sony Xperia Z3: 70k but negotiable to 65k to a serious buyer (comes with full accessories upon purchase).

My interest is now focus on the Z3. Will be buying this flagship killer very soon.

Ghen ghen baba don vex oo,z3 na beast abeg u go enjoy am,
But as for that guy wey wan buy g3 35k i still dry wait d guy ooo,fake and chinco g3 full town oo he shld be careful thou
Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by mrdrizzy(m): 9:06pm On Jul 04, 2015
koice:

-Samsung Galaxy s5: 60k but negotiable to 55k

i taught u said the z3 series has rooting probs

anyway still rooting for the z3 compact,i want it small and pocketable!!
Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by mrdrizzy(m): 9:11pm On Jul 04, 2015
kazzonline:

But as for that guy wey wan buy g3 35k i still dry wait d guy ooo,fake and chinco g3 full town oo he shld be careful thou
its always hard to create an lg g series clone and not detect,cus the g3 is well made,just like the htc one series!!

Bt sammy gather clones,inshort its clone is actually more than original
Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jul 04, 2015
kazzonline:

No be small beast oh! I was caught in a situation where I had to choose between G3 and Z3, but after doing a quick online specs perusal, I opted for the Z3 eventually. It's not only superior to G3 in terms of hardware, but extremely more grip and pocket friendly.

Paid the dealer a deposit to keep the phone for me on standby till I come back for it on Tuesday.

I agree, any G3 that goes for less than 50k is either well used by the previous owner, faulty or a chinko knockoff.
Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jul 04, 2015
mrdrizzy:

Yeah, it's difficult to root, but it's doable. I knew exactly where to go to get it rooted, so that's not a problem.
Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by kazzonline: 11:47pm On Jul 04, 2015
koice:

No be small beast oh! I was caught in a situation where I had to choose between G3 and Z3, but after doing a quick online specs perusal, I opted for the Z3 eventually. It's not only superior to G3 in terms of hardware, but extremely more grip and pocket friendly.

Paid the dealer a deposit to keep the phone for me on standby till I come back for it on Tuesday.

I agree, any G3 that goes for less than 50k is either well used by the previous owner, faulty or a chinko knockoff.

On point!! Enjoy your new phone ooo,its all about choice,

1 Like

Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by kazzonline: 11:49pm On Jul 04, 2015
mrdrizzy:

G3 sef get rooting probs,na lollipop thingy i guess,but uf u hav a system and u r gud,u go root an,me na the lazy way to root i like pazs eg kingroot
Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by mrdrizzy(m): 11:22am On Jul 05, 2015
koice:

Yeah, it's difficult to root, but it's doable. I knew exactly where to go to get it rooted, so that's not a problem.
yeah!!

Anyone can root,if u have the right things and steps
Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by Darkseid(m): 12:38pm On Jul 05, 2015
donhils:

What do you charge with?
I use a 1.8A blackberry charger
Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by donhils: 5:05pm On Jul 05, 2015
Darkseid:
I use a 1.8A blackberry charger
With very long non detachable cable? that's what I use too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I'm Done With Xiaomi Brand / Blackberry Z10 Forum / NCC To Fine Network Providers N5m For Unsolicited Text Messages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.