Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,597 members, 7,809,167 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:28 AM

LG Optimus G Pro Thread - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / LG Optimus G Pro Thread (8952 Views)

Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro Thread...help! / Official Infinix Note 3 And Note 3 Pro Thread / Infinix Hot Note Pro Or LG Optimus Pro (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by Mekurexx: 11:30am On Jul 01, 2015
HELLO House!. had to search for an LG thread to air my views. was considering getting a Note 3 but decided to do an all-night research last night and came up with Lg Gpro 2. I'm looking to buy it tomorrow and the specs are amazing (3gb ram, 13mp, 4k video resolution, battery etc). I know specs can be deceitful as i experienced after shelling out 45k to buy a brand new Tecno phantom z(camera,video and picture quality very wack, just the 2gb ram very good for gaming and fast charging + long battery liufe). Please advise a fellow brother on the LG G Pro 2. im buying more specifically for gaming and video since its kinda too big to be a regular phone. Thanks smiley smiley smiley (pardon my long essay lipsrsealed
Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by donhils: 11:44am On Jul 01, 2015
Mekurexx:
HELLO House!. had to search for an LG thread to air my views. was considering getting a Note 3 but decided to do an all-night research last night and came up with Lg Gpro 2. I'm looking to buy it tomorrow and the specs are amazing (3gb ram, 13mp, 4k video resolution, battery etc). I know specs can be deceitful as i experienced after shelling out 45k to buy a brand new Tecno phantom z(camera,video and picture quality very wack, just the 2gb ram very good for gaming and fast charging + long battery liufe). Please advise a fellow brother on the LG G Pro 2. im buying more specifically for gaming and video since its kinda too big to be a regular phone. Thanks smiley smiley smiley (pardon my long essay lipsrsealed
Are you sure that G pro 2 is in Nigeria?
Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by Mekurexx: 11:50am On Jul 01, 2015
Yes It is. I got someone that wants to sell and he confirmed it is G Pro 2. its also sold on Kaymu.com
donhils:

Are you sure that G pro 2 is in Nigeria?
Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by Mekurexx: 12:59pm On Jul 01, 2015
I got really good deals and a choice to make. So kindly help. Should I get an LG G3 or a G pro 2.? I'm getting them as grade A1 UK used. will appreciate comments
Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jul 01, 2015
Mekurexx:
I got really good deals and a choice to make. So kindly help. Should I get an LG G3 or a G pro 2.? I'm getting them as grade A1 UK used. will appreciate comments

Depends on your preference, really. G3 has a smaller screen of 5.5, the best screen resolution out there (538 ppi), while G pro 2 has a bigger screen of 5.9, lesser pixel density. They both have Corning gorillas glass 3.

G3 comes with Kitkat out of the box but upgradable to Lollipop, while G pro 2 comes with the latest version of Lollipop OS out of the box.

Chipset wise, they are both identical, the same with their cpu and gpu. Also, they both come with 3gb ram and Rom of 16gb (expandable to 128gb).

On the battery front, G pro 2 has an edge but only very slightly.

All in all, they are both super phones. Personally though, I would opt for G3 cuz, let's face it, there is nothing like a super FHD screen resolution powered by superior processors, 3gb ram and adequate battery input and output.

How much does a UK used G pro 2 and G3 go for?

2 Likes

Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by mrdrizzy(m): 3:28pm On Jul 01, 2015
koice:

Depends on your preference, really. G3 has a smaller screen of 5.5, the best screen resolution out there (538 ppi), while G pro 2 has a bigger screen of 5.9, lesser pixel density. They both have Corning gorillas glass 3.

G3 comes with Kitkat out of the box but upgradable to Lollipop, while G pro 2 comes with the latest version of Lollipop OS out of the box.

Chipset wise, they are both identical, the same with their cpu and gpu. Also, they both come with 3gb ram and Rom of 16gb (expandable to 128gb).

All in all, they are both super phones. Personally though, I would opt for G3 cuz, let's face it, there is nothing like a super FHD screen resolution powered by superior processors, 3gb ram and adequate battery input and output.

report has it that the g3 ba3 isnt gud enough due to the over extensive and irrelevant screen pixels(IMO)

the gpro is beta

bt the size is also so huge,i dont really fancy such,if want a tab get a tab,if you want a phone get one,that inbetween thingy aint my thing
unpocketable
over noticeable

which is why imma take a bow on the g pro latest series anything above g2's size(5.2'') is way overboard

considering

SONY XPERIA Z3 COMPACT
Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jul 01, 2015
mrdrizzy:
report has it that the g3 ba3 isnt gud enough due to the over extensive and irrelevant screen pixels(IMO)

the gpro is beta

bt the size is also so huge,i dont really fancy such,if want a tab get a tab,if you want a phone get one,that inbetween thingy aint my thing
unpocketable
over noticeable

which is why imma take a bow on the g pro latest series anything above g2's size(5.2'') is way overboard

considering

SONY XPERIA Z3 COMPACT

Hmmm... Xperia Z3 compact... not a bad choice at all, but gotta warn you, the price for a new one is pretty steep, and I heard from a reliable source that rooting it is nearly impossible.

G3 exuberant screen resolution is one of it's strongest selling point. Of course, it goes without saying that such dense pixels will put the battery performance to ample task. Where a 3000mah battery could be seen as somewhat modest for a phone of such magnitude, G3's Qualcomm MSM8974 Snapdragon 800 (I hope I got it right) chipset is more than up to the task.

Bottom line: G3's battery performance might not be the best compared to most, but its adequate.

I agree with you on G pro 2. It's way too chunky and huge to be called a phablet. It's even bigger than the monster called Samsung Note 4.
Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by RandomVic(m): 4:18pm On Jul 01, 2015
donhils:

Ok, I'll do it but maybe when I'm ready I'll add you on whatsapp for prompt response. The Lg drivers you're talking about is the Lg pc suite right? I already have that one when I upgraded to kitkat. Then the Lg flash tool, I should do Google search for it? And finally to root my phone, which app do I need for it? And the cwm recovery tool.
I hope you don't get pissed if I ask you too many questions, it's just that I haven't done any of these b4

You won't be needing the LG flash tool and LG drivers if you're only gonna be flashing a custom rom only. Everything will be done via your phone. Frist thing is to download the custom rom. Everything else will be done in subsequence.

The LG drivers is not the same as LG PC suite.

I could give you a link to download the LG flash tool and the driver, If you want, but I don't think you'll be needing those since you're going the custom rom route it seem.

For the rooting, try KINGROOT the interface is self explanatory.

For the recovery, download ROM manager from playstore. Rom manager should automatically detect your phones version. After it has finished detecting your phone, you should proceed to downloading the CWM recovery from ROM manager.

Nahh why I wan vex na? Afterall this is an LG G Pro thread, we got each others back. Ask me anything you want abeg.

1 Like

Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by Mekurexx: 8:13pm On Jul 01, 2015
Your Analysis was spot on. I did an awful lot of research too and head to head comparison on both devices. I was rooting for the G pro 2 but when a member here said he has G3 i said ok lemme go check it out. I was glad it had a 3gb ram and some amazing specs. I think the bigger screen of G pro 2 just put me off.

yeah and as for the price, guy A on the island is selling G pro 2 for 35k(just the phone), Guy B that owns a shop and sells phones in ikeja, I negotiated G3 for 35k too. initial price was 37k(just the phone), and 40k(with all accessories). All London used... It seems like the phones are selling for cheap (exactly what was said in reviews). I was going for Note 3 but too expensive, Z3 new one to is on the high side so let me just settle with G3. smiley smiley
koice:

Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by Mekurexx: 8:15pm On Jul 01, 2015
I think battery usage can be covered up with powerbanks etc. But damn that G pro 2 screen size is a lot. it wont make sense not been able to put your device in your pocket or somewhere comfy.
mrdrizzy:

the gpro is beta

unpocketable
over noticeable

considering

SONY XPERIA Z3 COMPACT
Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by Nobody: 12:15am On Jul 02, 2015
Mekurexx:

yeah and as for the price, guy A on the island is selling G pro 2 for 35k(just the phone), Guy B that owns a shop and sells phones in ikeja, I negotiated G3 for 35k too. initial price was 37k(just the phone), and 40k(with all accessories). All London used... It seems like the phones are selling for cheap (exactly what was said in reviews). I was going for Note 3 but too expensive, Z3 new one to is on the high side so let me just settle with G3. smiley smiley

Wow! 37k is a great deal for such a power house. I'm almost envious.
Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by donhils: 12:18am On Jul 02, 2015
koice:

G3 has 2 variants, one is 2gb ram and 16gb rom while the other is 3gb ram and 32gb rom
Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by Nobody: 12:21am On Jul 02, 2015
donhils:

G3 has 2 variants, one is 2gb ram and 16gb rom while the other is 3gb ram and 32gb rom

Apparently. It goes without saying he wanted to know about the 3gb ram version.
Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by gametalk: 2:16am On Jul 02, 2015
Are you sure the camera sucks? Cos I wanted to buy one this weekend?

Mekurexx:
Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by mrdrizzy(m): 8:31am On Jul 02, 2015
Mekurexx:
Your Analysis was spot on. I did an awful lot of research too and head to head comparison on both devices. I was rooting for the G pro 2 but when a member here said he has G3 i said ok lemme go check it out. I was glad it had a 3gb ram and some amazing specs. I think the bigger screen of G pro 2 just put me off.

wow reall 35k where did u get all these prices kamyu?

Btw it will be best if u wonna settle for a g3 u should all accesories as there isnt really much difference,if u can beat the g3 from 37-35 u sure can beat all from 40-38/37.

Its alway gud to charge d device with own charger to avoid any issues
Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by donhils: 8:48am On Jul 02, 2015
koice:

I'm not.

1 Like

Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by Nobody: 9:47am On Jul 02, 2015
donhils:
I'm not.
Why?
Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by Mekurexx: 9:55am On Jul 02, 2015
I wasnt impressed at all. i give it 5/10. the picture quality was poor esp on snapchat and the videos kept breraking and lagging. not a good run for your money. I wont advice you to buy it. The ram is OK. and you play games with ease and interface too is clear and simple to navigate. Depending on how much you wanna shell out, you can get either lG or Note 3. cheesy cheesy
gametalk:
Are you sure the camera sucks? Cos I wanted to buy one this weekend?

Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by Mekurexx: 10:02am On Jul 02, 2015
The guy on kaymu sells for k but based on say na online platform, im not sure there will be room for bargaining. well the one selling for 35k like i said owns a shop in ikeja, will test everything before payment and comes with receipt.so watever frauds or illegality can be checked. but i go still buy charger and i wanna change the back cover. i dont like the follow come
mrdrizzy:
wow reall 35k where did u get all these prices kamyu?

Btw it will be best if u wonna settle for a g3 u should all accesories as there isnt really much difference,if u can beat the g3 from 37-35 u sure can beat all from 40-38/37.

Its alway gud to charge d device with own charger to avoid any issues
Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by Mekurexx: 10:04am On Jul 02, 2015
I saw this on a thread from KAZZONLINE. where can i buy this kind of cover in ikeja or lagos? And this 6000amh battery, wont it affect the phone negatively? Where are they sold in lag?

Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by kazzonline: 10:37am On Jul 02, 2015
Mekurexx:
I saw this on a thread from KAZZONLINE. where can i buy this kind of cover in ikeja or lagos? And this 6000amh battery, wont it affect the phone negatively? Where are they sold in lag?

It wont affect your phone negatively ooo,infact it would affect your phone positively cos you hav extended battery life(close to 26 hours usage per charge),phone runing at full capacity oo.am not sure you can get it in ikeja,but you can always order online,if you need help on how to order reply i wouls giv u details.
Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by donhils: 10:52am On Jul 02, 2015
koice:

Why?
Cos I don't like LG phones anymore. In as much as I have G pro, I'm not really enjoying it. They don't update their phones on time, up till now their phones are yet to have fast charge support, my g pro takes forever to charge and drains a lil too quickly for a 3140mah battery. The charging part is the most annoying part. And it's not faulty. So why would I want to associate myself with phones again when they can't deal with important things? Any phone that can't charge from say 5% to 100% in at most 90mins is a no go area for me .
Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by Mekurexx: 11:31am On Jul 02, 2015
okay thanks. how can I get them
kazzonline:

It wont affect your phone negatively ooo,infact it would affect your phone positively cos you hav extended battery life(close to 26 hours usage per charge),phone runing at full capacity oo.am not sure you can get it in ikeja,but you can always order online,if you need help on how to order reply i wouls giv u details.
Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by Elxandre(m): 12:01pm On Jul 02, 2015
donhils:

Cos I don't like LG phones anymore. In as much as I have G pro, I'm not really enjoying it. They don't update their phones on time, up till now their phones are yet to have fast charge support, my g pro takes forever to charge and drains a lil too quickly for a 3140mah battery. The charging part is the most annoying part. And it's not faulty. So why would I want to associate myself with phones again when they can't deal with important things? Any phone that can't charge from say 5% to 100% in at most 90mins is a no go area for me .
Check the power rating of your charger.
Is it up to 2A?
Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jul 02, 2015
donhils:

It's from your charger joor. Get an original universal usb cord (cost 1k in some phone outlets), then plug it into a laptop's usb port, change the Usb option to 'Charge only', switch off your phone and then watch something fantastic take place. Uninterrupted, 2 hours, give or take, your LG pro will be fully charged.

1 Like

Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by kazzonline: 12:51pm On Jul 02, 2015
donhils:

As for fast charger issues bro,no update can bring fast charging to your device,cos na part of hardware build imo thou,even lg g3 i use nor get fast charging but i wont lie,original charger while charging works like fast charger oo,e fast die
Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by kazzonline: 12:54pm On Jul 02, 2015
Mekurexx:
Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by kazzonline: 12:54pm On Jul 02, 2015
Mekurexx:

You hav to order from china,contact all these guys that import from china and ask them how much it would cost?as for me i imported tru @toluxa you can search him up and add him on wahtsapp,he was very helpful the shipping was fast,

But if you nor wan go tru all that wahala,try buying power banks or even another orignal battery and charging cradle,at least it would be almost the same price you would import(just an opinion thou)
Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by kazzonline: 12:57pm On Jul 02, 2015
koice:

Hmmnn 37k for used lg g3,bro before u buy abeg go equipped with cpu-z ,run it on the phone and confirm if its the real g3 oo,jes saying thou,the cheapest g3 i hav seen online is 38k/40k and it cos it has line/crack on the screen and also cos its branded
Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jul 02, 2015
kazzonline:

Hmmnn 37k for used lg g3,bro before u buy abeg go equipped with cpu-z ,run it on the phone and confirm if its the real g3 oo,jes saying thou,the cheapest g3 i hav seen online is 38k/40k and it cos it has line/crack on the screen and also cos its branded

Even if it is 45k, it's still a good deal. You can get a fairly used Samsung Note 3 at that price.
Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by Mekurexx: 1:41pm On Jul 02, 2015
definitely.im going to buy with a friend and we going with a PC to test the phone for originality etc. Anoda reason why it might be going less is because LG phones are not in demand like Samsung, apple etc and even in the reviews not only 9ja, the phones are sold cheaper than the specs brand it out. and as a business man, you dont wanna keep stock in your shop gathering dust right I will let the house know wassup when i get the phone
kazzonline:

1 Like

Re: LG Optimus G Pro Thread by Mekurexx: 1:44pm On Jul 02, 2015
I think the only backdrop about LG G3, Gpro etc is over heating (based on what i have read from other peeps stories). the slow charging is not new. even right from the boom of blackberry. i have used s4, grand duos and experienced slow charging. but what i do is i use original phone chargers of other brands with usb mouth (nokia esp) to charge and it works like magic. idk hw lg charger be like tho embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

MTN Announces Massive Price Cuts And Free Data / How To Do Inter-networks Credit Transfer( Eg: Mtn To Glo) / Mtn Now Partner With Opera App For Free Browsing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.