Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,241 members, 7,849,883 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 11:02 AM

Why Diezani Must Be Probed - Keyamo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Diezani Must Be Probed - Keyamo (836 Views)

GEJ Denies Being Probed for Alledged Links to the NDA. Threatens Libel Suit / Missing 71 Trailers Of Rice For Adamawa IDPs Should Be Probed - Tsamdu / Buhari's Panel Reveals When Jonathan Can Be Probed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Diezani Must Be Probed - Keyamo by lolaxavier(m): 7:00am On Jun 28, 2015
Barely 24 hours after President Muhammadu Buhari dismissed all the members on the Board of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, a Lagos-based human rights lawyer, Festus Keyamo, has reiterated his call for the erstwhile Minister of Petroleum Resources, Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke, to be probed.

Keyamo had, on June 17, written a letter to the Senate President and Speaker of the House of Representatives asking the National Assembly to commence investigations into the activities of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, especially with regard to the crude oil swap programme and offshore processing agreements of the company.

He alleged that some NNPC officials, in collaboration with some local companies, were looting the country’s resources.

In an interview with Sahara TV on Saturday, Keyamo said there was an array of issues necessitating investigations into Alison-Madueke’s management of the ministry.

He said, “It is about a whole lot of issues. In my petition, I was particular about what has come to be known as the crude oil swap deals. Under this arrangement, we never knew that a lot of our crude oil was given to private oil companies in exchange for their bringing in petroleum products. Under one arrangement, they were supposed to take it out. We signed (out) the products and then took them back to Nigeria whether they were petroleum products or by-products.

“Under the other arrangement, we were supposed to be given the crude oil to sell at the international market and then use the money to import petroleum products into the country. Now, there have been reports in the papers of late that under these arrangements, certain Nigerian oil and gas companies made very huge, unwarranted profits and the simple reason is that they imported far less than the crude oil that they bought.

“Under this arrangement, some of them bought private jets, property around the world and began to live large. Certain individuals in the NNPC were seen as collaborators in this deceitful and grand plot. Before the minister left office, she picked up her pen and wrote a petition to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, inviting it to probe these individuals and these groups. And I asked myself some imple questions: It is a bit curious who had supervisory authority over these individuals and these issues.”

According to the legal practitioner, Alison-Madueke had access to all the relevant documents. He explained that she could have easily called for the offenders and given queries to them.

“Why did she wait till the last minute to write a petition to the EFCC to probe these deals? And I told myself: It is not a safe person who runs to a police station to complain that is always the victim of the crime,” Keyamo said.

http://www.punchng.com/news/why-diezani-must-be-probed-keyamo/

Re: Why Diezani Must Be Probed - Keyamo by indiraserv: 7:02am On Jun 28, 2015
I don't know why people fear probes....
A probe is not an indictment if your hands are clean......then it shouldn't matter

But then most politician's hands are perpetually buried in grit

1 Like

Re: Why Diezani Must Be Probed - Keyamo by Nobody: 7:19am On Jun 28, 2015
Gulping money like water.. na wao
Re: Why Diezani Must Be Probed - Keyamo by rawtouch: 7:59am On Jun 28, 2015
Work don scarce padi man needs the portfolio to stay afloat

Support the call though everyone must be accountable for their deeds on earth and in the afterlife

1 Like

Re: Why Diezani Must Be Probed - Keyamo by tayoxx(m): 7:59am On Jun 28, 2015
Yes yes yes
Re: Why Diezani Must Be Probed - Keyamo by natas22: 8:00am On Jun 28, 2015
Re: Why Diezani Must Be Probed - Keyamo by mrvitalis(m): 8:03am On Jun 28, 2015
I support the prob I do I honesty but my question is,,
is buhari ready to prob NNPC, I mean all of NNPC not some selected few
Is buhari ready for the consequences of that action
Is buhari ready to go the extra mile and bring those who are involved to book no matter how highly placed they are
Is buhari ready to put his life on the line for that job because believe me energy cabals are the most powerful in the world
If he is ready then I wish him good luck and God protection cos he will need it
Re: Why Diezani Must Be Probed - Keyamo by ZeezaRapture(m): 8:07am On Jun 28, 2015
Festus Keyamo; The boldest lawyer ever!!! The ever-daring legal practioner!!!

The head-ache of "evil doers association of Nigeria"!!!! grin grin

ask Obasanjo what this man did to him during his tenure grin

now look at these looters below angry

Re: Why Diezani Must Be Probed - Keyamo by lolaxavier(m): 8:21am On Jun 28, 2015
mrvitalis:
I support the prob I do I honesty but my question is,,
is buhari ready to prob NNPC, I mean all of NNPC not some selected few
Is buhari ready for the consequences of that action
Is buhari ready to go the extra mile and bring those who are involved to book no matter how highly placed they are
Is buhari ready to put his life on the line for that job because believe me energy cabals are the most powerful in the world
If he is ready then I wish him good luck and God protection cos he will need it

This is a wait and watch game. No need to rush. I believe Buhari will definitely do the needful. He is not a man to be scared of consequences. Meanwhile, Mama Ngozi should join the list.
Re: Why Diezani Must Be Probed - Keyamo by lolaxavier(m): 8:38am On Jun 28, 2015
These thieves should never be allowed to go without being punished. Imagine how some power-drunk individuals can just decide to drain a whole Nigeria...
Re: Why Diezani Must Be Probed - Keyamo by ddippset(m): 9:22am On Jun 28, 2015
Surely, someone will soon come here and say: leave diezanni alone, leave diezanni alone. What about tinubu, what about amaechi? Probe them first. Surely!
Re: Why Diezani Must Be Probed - Keyamo by lolaxavier(m): 9:37am On Jun 28, 2015
ddippset:
Surely, someone will soon come here and say: leave diezanni alone, leave diezanni alone. What about tinubu, what about amaechi? Probe them first. Surely!

Whoever is found wanting should face the music.
Re: Why Diezani Must Be Probed - Keyamo by funlord(m): 9:50am On Jun 28, 2015
grin
This woman ehn? Chei!
Re: Why Diezani Must Be Probed - Keyamo by Nobody: 9:54am On Jun 28, 2015
Keyamo, before u shout, check ur cupboard, if u have any skeleton, Nnamdi Kanu will tear u apart.

That's what he promised u.

Don't dare, go ask owner of Punch why he backed down from this same shouting.

He without sin, cast the first stone.
Re: Why Diezani Must Be Probed - Keyamo by utytill(m): 9:57am On Jun 28, 2015
long hissss.dis same guy wey withdraw from timipre silva's case d talk now.abi na SAN nomination d givam morale?
Re: Why Diezani Must Be Probed - Keyamo by lolaxavier(m): 9:57am On Jun 28, 2015
Normality:
Keyamo, before u shout, check ur cupboard, if u have any skeleton, Nnamdi Kanu will tear u apart.

That's what he promised u.

Don't dare, go ask owner of Punch why he backed down from this same shouting.

He without sin, cast the first stone.

And you think you've made sense with your comment. So, looters and thieves should be allowed to roam the streets freely...SMH
Re: Why Diezani Must Be Probed - Keyamo by Nobody: 10:08am On Jun 28, 2015
lolaxavier:

And you think you've made sense with your comment. So, looters and thieves should be allowed to roam the streets freely...SMH

Let Buhari probe his tenure as head of NNPC, probe OBJ as Petroleum Minister, Probe IBB for for using the huge money meant to service the refineries to build refinery in Abidjan C.I.

See this man.

(1) (Reply)

PDP Declares Nationwide Prayer For Buhari / Delta State Governor,mr. Okowa Knows Fate Today In The Tribunal / Egbin Power Plant Now Generates Above 1,000MW

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.