Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

I Will Kill Corruption In Nigeria - Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Kill Corruption In Nigeria - Buhari (1374 Views)

No Room For Full Sharia Implementation In Nigeria – Buhari / With Cabinet, Nigeria's Buhari Puts Party Before Reforms -REUTERS / We’ll Kill Corruption, Solve Power Problem – Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Kill Corruption In Nigeria - Buhari by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jun 28, 2015
I’ll kill corruption in Nigeria – Buhari

MARCH 12, 2015 : CHUKWUDI AKASIKE, PORT HARCOURT
THE presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, General Mohammadu Buhari (retd.) declared on Thursday that he would kill corruption if he is elected the President of the country.

Buhari stated that he was taking the fight against corrupt as a priority in order to prevent corruption from killing Nigerians, insisting that Nigerians must free their country from the grip of the corrupt men and women.

The APC presidential candidate, who spoke during a South-South presidential rally at the Liberation Stadium in Port Harcourt, observed that monumental corruption had adversely affected the economic development of the country within the past 16 years the Peoples Democratic Party had been at the helm of affairs.

Explaining that corruption had permeated all spheres of the country, Buhari pointed out that the fight against corruption was not about him, but Nigerians, adding that the issue of graft should not be personalized.

“The issue before us is very clear indeed. Please sit in your home, or in small groups, and ask yourselves these questions: How much has accrued to Nigeria in the past 16 years that the PDP has controlled the federal government? How much of these funds have trickled down to you as a Nigerian? Whatever answers you arrive at should determine what party and candidate that you will vote for on April 11.

“We should not personalize this issue. It is not about Buhari; it is about us; it is about you and me; it is about our children and the future of our children. My fear is that if we don’t kill corruption in Nigeria, corruption will kill us. So, the choice before us is to resolve to kill corruption and free our country from the firm grip of corrupt men and women.

“If those in the PDP, who have been in control of our resources at the centre and in most states of the country have been responsive and responsible, there would not be so much insecurity and poverty in the country today.

“If whatever reason, you make a mistake and vote for the PDP at the centre or even in any state, I assure you, you are going to regret it,” the APC presidential candidate added.

Buhari, however, explained that Nigerians would only be doing themselves a favour if they chose to vote for the APC, adding that the naira had gone down in value with manufacturers having challenges to get raw materials and machines.

He maintained that the return of the PDP would only sustain unemployment, poverty and insecurity in the country, saying corruption has taken Nigeria backward.

According to him, “We will use the monies realized by preventing corruption to encourage the industrialization of the country, thereby, creating jobs and wealth. Corruption that has severely affected the oil industry; it has also crept into the energy sector.

“In 16 years, the PDP-controlled federal government has spent over $60 billion on the energy sector, yet we still can’t generate up to 4,000 megawatts of electricity in the country. If you reflect pensively, you will agree that corruption has taken Nigeria backward.

“Make sure you vote and that your votes are counted. If you make the mistake of voting for the PDP, Nigeria will be physically, materially and morally worst for it. God forbid! Let us join hands to kill corruption in Nigeria before corruption kills us. It is a duty that we owe ourselves and our country.”

Also, the Director General of Buhari Campaign Organisation and Rivers State Governor, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi, expressed surprise that the PDP was against the use of card readers aimed at minimizing incidents of rigging in the forthcoming elections.

Amaechi likened the card reader to a purge to the PDP, adding that votes don’t count in the South South and South East because election results were always written.

“The card reader is like purge to the PDP. Even PDP leaders, including their governors don’t want INEC to use the card readers on the day of election. Money was budgeted for the card readers and now that Nigeria has paid for them, then it is only appropriate that INEC use the card readers to conduct the March 28 and April 11 elections.

“In the South South and the South East, we don’t vote during elections, we write election results. But this time, we must vote. In 2011, President Goodluck Jonathan got 1.8 million votes from Rivers State. Let him come and take it in 2015. You know I was formally in the PDP, but this is the first time I have seen fear in the eyes of PDP leaders,” Amaechi said.

The state governor dismissed claims by the PDP that the card readers would disenfranchise eligible voters, arguing that there has never been any election where all eligible voters voted.

He said, “There was no time that all eligible Nigerians have voted in any election. So, if INEC says that it has distributed about 75 per cent of the PVCs, then that is fair enough for us to go into the general election.

Amaechi promised that Buhari would continue with the amnesty programme for former militants in the Niger Delta, but noted that there would be some modification.

“We will add what is not there for now. We will take away the arms with which some prominent politicians have rearmed some of the militants and give them something to do. We will create jobs for them. The amnesty programme will be transformed into a welfare programme,” Amaechi added.
Re: I Will Kill Corruption In Nigeria - Buhari by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jun 28, 2015
I Hope so

1 Like

Re: I Will Kill Corruption In Nigeria - Buhari by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jun 28, 2015
Closecall:
I’ll kill corruption in Nigeria – Buhari

MARCH 12, 2015 : CHUKWUDI AKASIKE, PORT HARCOURT
THE presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, General Mohammadu Buhari (retd.) declared on Thursday that he would kill corruption if he is elected the President of the country.

Buhari stated that he was taking the fight against corrupt as a priority in order to prevent corruption from killing Nigerians, insisting that Nigerians must free their country from the grip of the corrupt men and women.

The APC presidential candidate, who spoke during a South-South presidential rally at the Liberation Stadium in Port Harcourt, observed that monumental corruption had adversely affected the economic development of the country within the past 16 years the Peoples Democratic Party had been at the helm of affairs.

Explaining that corruption had permeated all spheres of the country, Buhari pointed out that the fight against corruption was not about him, but Nigerians, adding that the issue of graft should not be personalized.

“The issue before us is very clear indeed. Please sit in your home, or in small groups, and ask yourselves these questions: How much has accrued to Nigeria in the past 16 years that the PDP has controlled the federal government? How much of these funds have trickled down to you as a Nigerian? Whatever answers you arrive at should determine what party and candidate that you will vote for on April 11.

“We should not personalize this issue. It is not about Buhari; it is about us; it is about you and me; it is about our children and the future of our children. My fear is that if we don’t kill corruption in Nigeria, corruption will kill us. So, the choice before us is to resolve to kill corruption and free our country from the firm grip of corrupt men and women.

“If those in the PDP, who have been in control of our resources at the centre and in most states of the country have been responsive and responsible, there would not be so much insecurity and poverty in the country today.

“If whatever reason, you make a mistake and vote for the PDP at the centre or even in any state, I assure you, you are going to regret it,” the APC presidential candidate added.

Buhari, however, explained that Nigerians would only be doing themselves a favour if they chose to vote for the APC, adding that the naira had gone down in value with manufacturers having challenges to get raw materials and machines.

He maintained that the return of the PDP would only sustain unemployment, poverty and insecurity in the country, saying corruption has taken Nigeria backward.

According to him, “We will use the monies realized by preventing corruption to encourage the industrialization of the country, thereby, creating jobs and wealth. Corruption that has severely affected the oil industry; it has also crept into the energy sector.

“In 16 years, the PDP-controlled federal government has spent over $60 billion on the energy sector, yet we still can’t generate up to 4,000 megawatts of electricity in the country. If you reflect pensively, you will agree that corruption has taken Nigeria backward.

“Make sure you vote and that your votes are counted. If you make the mistake of voting for the PDP, Nigeria will be physically, materially and morally worst for it. God forbid! Let us join hands to kill corruption in Nigeria before corruption kills us. It is a duty that we owe ourselves and our country.”

Also, the Director General of Buhari Campaign Organisation and Rivers State Governor, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi, expressed surprise that the PDP was against the use of card readers aimed at minimizing incidents of rigging in the forthcoming elections.

Amaechi likened the card reader to a purge to the PDP, adding that votes don’t count in the South South and South East because election results were always written.

“The card reader is like purge to the PDP. Even PDP leaders, including their governors don’t want INEC to use the card readers on the day of election. Money was budgeted for the card readers and now that Nigeria has paid for them, then it is only appropriate that INEC use the card readers to conduct the March 28 and April 11 elections.

“In the South South and the South East, we don’t vote during elections, we write election results. But this time, we must vote. In 2011, President Goodluck Jonathan got 1.8 million votes from Rivers State. Let him come and take it in 2015. You know I was formally in the PDP, but this is the first time I have seen fear in the eyes of PDP leaders,” Amaechi said.

The state governor dismissed claims by the PDP that the card readers would disenfranchise eligible voters, arguing that there has never been any election where all eligible voters voted.

He said, “There was no time that all eligible Nigerians have voted in any election. So, if INEC says that it has distributed about 75 per cent of the PVCs, then that is fair enough for us to go into the general election.

Amaechi promised that Buhari would continue with the amnesty programme for former militants in the Niger Delta, but noted that there would be some modification.

“We will add what is not there for now. We will take away the arms with which some prominent politicians have rearmed some of the militants and give them something to do. We will create jobs for them. The amnesty programme will be transformed into a welfare programme,” Amaechi added.
Re: I Will Kill Corruption In Nigeria - Buhari by aare07(m): 9:13pm On Jun 28, 2015
Including those in APC
Re: I Will Kill Corruption In Nigeria - Buhari by bolabolakemi(f): 9:14pm On Jun 28, 2015
You are corrupt, will you kill yourself too ? Dullard embarassed

3 Likes

Re: I Will Kill Corruption In Nigeria - Buhari by chingum(f): 9:15pm On Jun 28, 2015
We're waiting.

1 Like

Re: I Will Kill Corruption In Nigeria - Buhari by owobokiri(m): 9:16pm On Jun 28, 2015
bolabolakemi:
You are corrupt, will you kill yourself too ? Dullard embarassed

This is akin to somebody threatening to commit suicide. .

1 Like

Re: I Will Kill Corruption In Nigeria - Buhari by bolabolakemi(f): 9:18pm On Jun 28, 2015
owobokiri:

This is akin to somebody threatening to commit suicide. .

Suicide with rat poisoning like awolowo ? grin

1 Like

Re: I Will Kill Corruption In Nigeria - Buhari by gobizzy101: 9:19pm On Jun 28, 2015
Murder n Assassinate it if u like. All I want sanity in every system

God guide u

1 Like

Re: I Will Kill Corruption In Nigeria - Buhari by owobokiri(m): 9:21pm On Jun 28, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin grin
You are in your elements this evening. .

bolabolakemi:

Suicide with rat poisoning like awolowo ? grin

1 Like

Re: I Will Kill Corruption In Nigeria - Buhari by buskie13(m): 9:22pm On Jun 28, 2015
Buhari wants to commit suicide....how can a corrupt man tame corruption not talk less of killing it....Papa Bubu has started again.....

one chance govt

2 Likes

Re: I Will Kill Corruption In Nigeria - Buhari by Flets: 9:22pm On Jun 28, 2015
Baba will jail Obj, tinubu, amaechi, fashola and all the criminals who funded his campaign.

We are waiting

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Will Kill Corruption In Nigeria - Buhari by FreeBiafra: 9:45pm On Jun 28, 2015
If this dude can kill corruption in the zoo entity I will personally apologize to him for all the insults in two national newspapers.
However, the only kill that I will accept is the jailing of the corrupt Nigerians first. In case you do not know them I will tell you. They are Atiku Abubakar, Tinubu Ahmed, Theophilous Danjuma, IBB, OBJ, GEJ, Tony Anini, Soludo Charles, Dangote, Femi Otidola, Glo Mike, Timi Silva, Odili Peter, Ameachi Rotimi, Kwakwanso, Sanusi Lamido, Saraki Bukola, Fashola Babatunde, Kalu Orji, Theodore Orji, Lamido Sule, Shettima, Asari Dokubo, Senator Ndume, Abdusalami Abubakar, Gowon, Shagari, Buhari Mohammadu,...

1 Like

Re: I Will Kill Corruption In Nigeria - Buhari by truthlegend(m): 10:02pm On Jun 28, 2015
buhari is invariably saying he will kill tinubu and the whole of the APC

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Will Kill Corruption In Nigeria - Buhari by Nobody: 11:46pm On Jun 28, 2015
truthlegend:
buhari is invariably saying he will kill tinubu and the whole of the APC
Haba now
Re: I Will Kill Corruption In Nigeria - Buhari by Nobody: 2:39pm On Aug 15, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari never said he would declare his assets publicly, his party the All Progressives Congress, APC did, says Presidential Spokesman, Mr Femi Adesina.

Nigeria’s President Muhammadu Buhari had promised to declare his assets alongside his Vice-President Yemi Osibanjo but shortly after the polls and swearing-in, the President has refused to do so publicly, being the first promise he has failed to keep.

In an exclusive interview with Mr Kayode Ogundamisi, the appointment of Public officials is the prerogative of President Buhari and Nigerians trusted him with a mandate & he promised September..

See video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzeu_Uum7Og
http://newswirengr.com/2015/08/14/buhari-never-said-he-would-declare-his-assets-publicly-apc-did-says-presidency/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

Femi Adesina, special adviser to President Muhammadu Buhari on media and publicity, says the president never promised to make his assets public.

Adesina said the issue of assets publishing cannot be credited to Buhari but the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).

He said Buhari has declared his assets in compliance with the law and may decide to make them public when verification is concluded by the Code of Conduct Bureau (CCB).

He was speaking in an interview with Kayode Ogundamisi, a social commentator.

“You need to get his words right, go and check all that the president said during the campaign, in no place would you see it attributed to him as a person,” Adesina said.

“But then there is a document by his party, the All Progressives Congress, saying he would declare publicly, so we need to set that right, it’s a declaration by his party.

“Now what does the law require? The law requires public officers to declare their assets; he has done that. But his party has a document that says he would do it publicly.

“There is a procedure for that, and the procedure is that you first declare, code of conduct (bureau) would verify and after that, if you want to make it public, the onus lies on you to say release. The procedure has to be followed.”

The presidential spokesman went on to say the decision to release or not release the asset for public consumption would be taken by the president when verification is done.

“He has declared, and it is deposited with the code of conduct bureau and they need to verify. Let’s come to that time when code of conduct would say we have completed verification.”

When contacted, Adesina said he had nothing to add to what he said in the interview.

“You already heard what I said, I have nothing to add,” he told TheCable. Nigerians have been mounting pressure on the president to publish the details of his assets.
https://www.thecable.ng/adesina-buhari-never-said-will-publish-asset
(Quote) (Report) 3 Likes (Like) (Share)
Re: I Will Kill Corruption In Nigeria - Buhari by jamace(m): 3:11pm On Aug 15, 2015
Just do it!
Re: I Will Kill Corruption In Nigeria - Buhari by saint047(m): 4:01pm On Aug 15, 2015
In a dramatic U Turn, @MBuhari media aides want to CHANGE the narrative:

1. He will make it public in 100 days
2. APC, not GMB, promised

1 Like

Re: I Will Kill Corruption In Nigeria - Buhari by Nobody: 5:17pm On Aug 15, 2015
D D dullard Wants to kill Corruption, But he's very corrupt nah.

1 Like

Re: I Will Kill Corruption In Nigeria - Buhari by dunsman(f): 5:19pm On Aug 15, 2015
My mentor.
We the masses are proudly behind you sir.

1 Like

Re: I Will Kill Corruption In Nigeria - Buhari by McKren(m): 5:56pm On Aug 15, 2015
Buhari is a very very corrupt man himself

A man who lied on his INEC form can not lecture anyone else about corruption
Re: I Will Kill Corruption In Nigeria - Buhari by sammyj: 6:23pm On Aug 15, 2015
This can only happen when you have a man of integrity as a leader and not a clueless man as a ruler!! cool
Re: I Will Kill Corruption In Nigeria - Buhari by naijaking1: 6:26pm On Aug 15, 2015
How can you kill corruption when you're part and parcel of corruption, and the people who brought you to power invested with a hope of making a good return from your government.
I beg don't confuse us!
Re: I Will Kill Corruption In Nigeria - Buhari by Nobody: 2:32pm On Aug 25, 2015
dunsman:
My mentor.
We the masses are proudly behind you sir.

(1) (Reply)

Photos : Police Responds Within Minutes To An Arm Robbery Situation In VI / Benue State Governor Has A Fake Phd, Used Pass Grade To Obtain MPA From BSU / FULL TEXT: President Buhari’s Speech At 70th Session Of UN General Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.