Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,641 members, 7,809,403 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:59 AM

Do You Believe In Life After Death? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Believe In Life After Death? (22273 Views)

Apostle Suleman To Dismiss Members Who Don't Believe In Him, Calls Them Demons / What Happens After Death? (Christian POV) / Why Don't Scientists Believe In God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Believe In Life After Death? by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 8:22pm On Jun 28, 2015
SammyO4real:
Oui, oui, oui
Je croyez dans vie apres mort. Peut Dieu nous aider dans le nom de Jesus.

Bien dit,merci pour ca,moi meme je croyez.
Re: Do You Believe In Life After Death? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jun 28, 2015
People should move from belief to conviction. For me I am convinced that I continue to live after I pass on beyond this earth.
Re: Do You Believe In Life After Death? by AdeniyiA(m): 8:34pm On Jun 28, 2015
1 Corinthians 15:19 If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable. 15:20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.
15:21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Life After Death? by notoriousbabe: 8:50pm On Jun 28, 2015
I no know why igbo just dey hungry me today
Re: Do You Believe In Life After Death? by Banjoramos(m): 8:56pm On Jun 28, 2015
Jacksparrow0712:
No such thing as 'life after death'. It's all crap. Your world and everything is over as soon as you die. We shouldn't allow ourselves to be brainwashed by these religion hypocrites

And man (the disbeliever) says: "When I am dead, shall I then be raised up alive?"

Does not man remember that We created him before, while he was nothing?
#qur'an 19:66-67

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Life After Death? by chikwadomn(m): 8:57pm On Jun 28, 2015
Jacksparrow0712:
No such thing as 'life after death'. It's all crap. Your world and everything is over as soon as you die. We shouldn't allow ourselves to be brainwashed by these religion hypocrites

May God help very hot hell fire dey wait u....dey decieve urself
Re: Do You Believe In Life After Death? by Banjoramos(m): 8:59pm On Jun 28, 2015
Slimzjoe:
There's no Life after Death.....I believe in Judgement on the Final day and they shall be Gnashing of teeth for the Sinners

I hate Thinking about it cry

What have you prepare for the day?
Re: Do You Believe In Life After Death? by MDMA: 9:01pm On Jun 28, 2015
Too much kids on Nairaland these days.
Re: Do You Believe In Life After Death? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jun 28, 2015
Hell fire kor, he'll water ni
chikwadomn:

May God help very hot hell fire dey wait u....dey decieve urself
Re: Do You Believe In Life After Death? by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jun 28, 2015
I'd be lying if I said I understood your quote. Simplify yourself sir
Banjoramos:

And man (the disbeliever) says: "When I am dead, shall I then be raised up alive?"

Does not man remember that We created him before, while he was nothing?
#qur'an 19:66-67
Re: Do You Believe In Life After Death? by Feranmicharles(m): 9:19pm On Jun 28, 2015
7Alexander:

i just laughed. 10likes
hehehehegrin
Re: Do You Believe In Life After Death? by charmingeyes(m): 9:28pm On Jun 28, 2015
Jesus Christ my saviour said do, it was recorded, I believe it and that settles it.

We r only experimenting with science. Soon, all that will end and God's word will forever remain and manifest in unfathomable awesomeness.

Amen.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Life After Death? by peeparty(m): 9:38pm On Jun 28, 2015
iamkingzlee:
lmao grin bro! You sef follow die? For some minutes grin

seriously bro. I did talked about it during my interview with wristwatch
Re: Do You Believe In Life After Death? by jelraj(m): 9:39pm On Jun 28, 2015
it will be totally unfair if dere is no life after death...i mean na wu no sabi sin..if dere is no hell den ritualist would go scot free...dat sound unfair enof
Re: Do You Believe In Life After Death? by anataala: 9:43pm On Jun 28, 2015
In Islam, an individuals life after death or their Hereafter, is very closely shaped by their present life. Life after death begins with the resurrection of man, after which there will come a moment when every human will be shaken as they are confronted with their intentions and deeds, good and bad, and even by their failure to do good in this life. On the Day of Judgment the entire record of people from the age of puberty will be presented before God. God will weigh everyones good and bad deeds according to His Mercy and His Justice, forgiving many sins and multiplying many good deeds. One who excels in goodness will be rewarded generously, whereas one whose evils and wrongs overweigh his good deeds will be punished. Those who emerge successful in this judgment will go to paradise and the doors of eternal bliss will be opened to them. Those who are condemned and deserve punishment will be sent to Hell - the abode of fire and torture.

Those who disbelieve say: The Hour will never come unto us. Say: Nay, by my Lord, it is coming unto you surely. (He is) the knower of the unseen. Not an atoms weight, or less than that or greater, escapes Him in the heavens or in the earth, but it is in a clear Record.That He may reward those who believe and do good works.For them are pardon and a rich provision. But those who strive against our revelations, challenging (Us), theirs will be a painful doom of wrath.
[Al-Quran: 34: 3-5]

The Need to Believe In Life After Death

Belief in life after death has always been part of the teachings of the Prophets and is an essential condition of being a Muslim.Whenever we are asked to do something, it is our very nature to think about its benefits and its costs.We regard a useless action as unnecessary and are not prepared to waste our time doing it. Similarly, we are not very eager to avoid a thing that is harmless. The deeper our conviction about the usefulness of something, the firmer our response to it will be. The more doubtful we are about its usefulness, the more wavering and shaky would be our attitude.After all, why does a child put his hand in fire? Because he is not sure that fire burns. Why does he evade studying? Because he does not fully grasp the importance and benefits of education.
peeparty:
One of the biggest-perhaps the biggest question.
this question has implications, not just for what happens
to us when we leave this world,but,also how we live while
we are here on earth.

I'd love to to get your take on this.
Do you believe in life after death?
or do we believe that we cease to exist after we die.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Believe In Life After Death? by anataala: 9:50pm On Jun 28, 2015
Everyone is scared of dying and rightly so. The uncertainty of what lies beyond is frightening. It may be that of all religions, Islam, provides the most graphic details of what comes after death and lies beyond. Islam views death to be a natural threshold to the next stage of existence.

Islamic doctrine holds that human existence continues after the death of the human body in the form of spiritual and physical resurrection. There is a direct relation between conduct on earth and the life beyond. The afterlife will be one of rewards and punishments which is commensurate with earthily conduct. A Day will come when God will resurrect and gather the first and the last of His creation and judge everyone justly. People will enter their final abode, Hell or Paradise. Faith in life after death urges us to do right and to stay away from sin. In this life we sometimes see the pious suffer and the impious enjoy. All shall be judged one day and justice will be served.

Faith in life after death is one of the six fundamental beliefs required of a Muslim to complete his faith. Rejecting it renders all other beliefs meaningless. Think of a child who does not put his hand in fire. He does not do so because he is sure it will burn. When it comes to doing school work, the same child may feel lazy because he does not quite understand what a sound education will do for his future. Now, think of a man who does not believe in the Day of Judgment. Would he consider belief in God and a life driven by his belief in God to be of any consequence? To him, neither obedience to God is of use, nor is disobedience of any harm. How, then, can he live a God-conscious life? What incentive would he have to suffer the trials of life with patience and avoid overindulgence in worldly pleasures? And if a man does not follow the way of God, then what use is his belief in God, if he has any? The acceptance or rejection of life after death is perhaps the greatest factor in determining the course of an individual’s life.

The dead have a continued and conscious existence of a kind in the grave. Muslims believe that, upon dieing, a person enters an intermediate phase of life between death and resurrection. Many events take place in this new "world", such as the "trial" of the grave, where everyone will be questioned by angels about their religion, prophet, and Lord. The grave is a garden of paradise or a pit of hell; angels of mercy visit the souls of believers and angels of punishment come for the unbelievers.

Resurrection will be preceded by the end of the world. God will command a magnificent angel to blow the Horn. At its first blowing, all the inhabitants of the heavens and the earth will fall unconscious, except those spared by God. The earth will be flattened, the mountains turned into dust, the sky will crack, planets will be dispersed, and the graves overturned.

People will be resurrected into their original physical bodies from their graves, thereby entering the third and final phase of life. The Horn will blow again upon which people will rise up from their graves, resurrected!

God will gather all humans, believers and the impious, jinns, demons, even wild animals. It will be a universal gathering. The angels will drive all human beings naked, uncircumcised, and bare-footed to the Great Plain of Gathering. People will stand in wait for judgment and humanity will sweat in agony. The righteous will be sheltered under the shade of God’s Magnificent Throne.

When the condition becomes unbearable, people will request the prophets and the messengers to intercede with God on their behalf to save them from distress.

The balances will be set and the deeds of men will be weighed. Disclosure of the Records of the deeds performed in this life will follow. The one who will receive his record in his right hand will have an easy reckoning. He will happily return to his family. However, the person who will receive his record in his left hand would wish he were dead as he will be thrown into the Fire. He will be full of regrets and will wish that he were not handed his Record or he had not known it.

Then God will judge His creation. They will be reminded and informed of their good deeds and sins. The faithful will acknowledge their failings and be forgiven. The disbelievers will have no good deeds to declare because an unbeliever is rewarded for them in this life. Some scholars are of the opinion that the punishment of an unbeliever may be reduced in lieu of his good deeds, except the punishment of the great sin of disbelief.

The Siraat is a bridge that will be established over Hell extending to Paradise. Anyone who is steadfast on God’s religion in this life will find it easy to pass it.

Paradise and Hell will be the final dwelling places for the faithful and the damned after the Last Judgment. They are real and eternal. The bliss of the people of Paradise shall never end and the punishment of unbelievers condemned to Hell shall never cease. Unlike a pass-fail system in some other belief-systems, the Islamic view is more sophisticated and conveys a higher level of divine justice. This can be seen in two ways. First, some believers may suffer in Hell for unrepented, cardinal sins. Second, both Paradise and Hell have levels.

Paradise is the eternal garden of physical pleasures and spiritual delights. Suffering will be absent and bodily desires will be satisfied. All wishes will be met. Palaces, servants, riches, streams of wine, milk and honey, pleasant fragrances, soothing voices, pure partners for intimacy; a person will never get bored or have enough!

The greatest bliss, though, will be the vision of their Lord of which the unbelievers will be deprived.

Hell is an infernal place of punishment for unbelievers and purification for sinful believers. Torture and punishment for the body and the soul, burning by fire, boiling water to drink, scalding food to eat, chains, and choking columns of fire. Unbelievers will be eternally damned to it, whereas sinful believers will eventually be taken out of Hell and enter Paradise.

Paradise is for those who worshipped God alone, believed and followed their prophet, and lived moral lives according to the teachings of scripture.

Hell will be the final dwelling place of those who denied God, worshipped other beings besides God, rejected the call of the prophets, and lead sinful, unrepentant lives.
Slimzjoe:
There's no Life after Death.....I believe in Judgement on the Final day and they shall be Gnashing of teeth for the Sinners

I hate Thinking about it cry
Re: Do You Believe In Life After Death? by OPUU: 10:25pm On Jun 28, 2015
Yes there is life after death and it's more real than d very life we now live. Whichever side u find urself after death, u will be operating in d true nature man was made initially. No lies or whatsoever.
Re: Do You Believe In Life After Death? by Banjoramos(m): 10:34pm On Jun 28, 2015
Jacksparrow0712:
I'd be lying if I said I understood your quote. Simplify yourself sir
There is life after death and that is the real life. here is a test ground and preparation of next life
Re: Do You Believe In Life After Death? by Krisddon: 10:41pm On Jun 28, 2015
Barselonia:
As Muslim there is.... one of the prophet prayer at the prayer ground

oh Allah, forgive him and have mercy on him and give him strength and pardon him,be generous to him and cause his entrance to be wisee and wash him with water and snow and frost. Cleanse him of his transgressions as white cloth is cleansed of stains. Give him an abode better than he has known and a family better than he has known. Take him into paradise and protect him from the punishment of the grave and from the punishment of HellfireYes

When you're done fasting, pick the bomb it's by the left corner of the room.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Life After Death? by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jun 28, 2015
I laugh in Swahili cheesy cheesy cheesy
Banjoramos:

There is life after death and that is the real life. here is a test ground and preparation of next life
Re: Do You Believe In Life After Death? by Barselonia(m): 10:46pm On Jun 28, 2015
Krisddon:

When you're done fasting, pick the bomb it's by the left corner of the room.
I was not tot that way
Re: Do You Believe In Life After Death? by Banjoramos(m): 12:20am On Jun 29, 2015
Jacksparrow0712:
I laugh in Swahili cheesy cheesy cheesy
why laughing?
Re: Do You Believe In Life After Death? by Nobody: 12:29am On Jun 29, 2015
Cuz yur funny
Banjoramos:
why laughing?
Re: Do You Believe In Life After Death? by badboyphc: 12:35am On Jun 29, 2015
Seun360:

And how is that any of ur buzness?

You are defending her. You wey never get job.
Re: Do You Believe In Life After Death? by Banjoramos(m): 1:11am On Jun 29, 2015
Jacksparrow0712:
Cuz yur funny
I Am funny? I don't think so
Re: Do You Believe In Life After Death? by Jose35(m): 6:47am On Jun 29, 2015
SammyO4real:
Oui, oui, oui
Je croyez dans vie apres mort. Peut Dieu nous aider dans le nom de Jesus.

guy na naija u de o. I no understanding wetin u speut
Re: Do You Believe In Life After Death? by Nobody: 7:21am On Jun 29, 2015
Ok sir
Banjoramos:

I Am funny? I don't think so
Re: Do You Believe In Life After Death? by lionihube: 8:45am On Jun 29, 2015
lol u r very funny mehn
krattoss:
After making heaven what next?

Are we gonna stay their till eternity? Ages to ages, we re in heaven? I mean its funny. If true, wont it be boring. Come to think of it, centuries to centuries, we re in heaven singing and praying.

No not me, adonbliv it
Re: Do You Believe In Life After Death? by Nobody: 8:56am On Jun 29, 2015
lionihube:
lol u r very funny mehn
it isnt funny, just think about it
Re: Do You Believe In Life After Death? by queebeediva(f): 11:31am On Jun 29, 2015
Saklekplus:

Best first to comment of the year ... ..

Bae, am sorry, I can't fit date u, I wonder how many hours u spend on Internet,, sorry to say, u go like gossip too much. . grin

As for the topic,

There is a life after death, it's just that, there is no something like hell fire immediately after death,, what I see was that, those wicked soul will be punish through hardwork till judgement day
then what will happen at the judgement day?
Re: Do You Believe In Life After Death? by no2fuks(m): 2:38pm On Jun 29, 2015
notoriousbabe:
I no know why igbo just dey hungry me today

you dis gal or whatever you are not serious why u won derail thread

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Prophet Jeremiah Takes Succour To Flood Victims In Delta, Bayelsa, Anambra, Kogi / Tb Joshua - 'Pray Against The Interruption Of Democratic Practice (Throwback) / UNBELIEVABLE! DISGRACEFUL! Nairaland Atheists see nothing wrong with Bestiality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.