Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,072 members, 7,863,785 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 06:16 AM

What Happened To The Sth Korean President That Alienated His Intelligence Team - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Happened To The Sth Korean President That Alienated His Intelligence Team (727 Views)

Jonathan Is The Only President That Is Not Corrupt - Ribadu / Jonathan Is The Only President That Is Not Corrupt - Ribadu / Biafra: ‘What Can We Do To Make Igbo Feel They Belong,not Alienated – Soyinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Happened To The Sth Korean President That Alienated His Intelligence Team by calid16: 2:30pm On Jun 28, 2015

During the dinner, volatile political issues including demonstrations in Busan and the opposition leader Kim Young Sam were discussed with President Park and Chief Bodyguard Cha taking a hardline and Director Kim calling for moderate measures while Chief Secretary Kim was trying to steer the topic of discussion to small talk. President Park rebuked Director Kim for not being repressive enough in dealing with protesters and Kim Young Sam, whom Park said should be arrested. Each time discussion drifted to other subjects, Chief Bodyguard Cha continued to bring up the inability of KCIA to end the crisis and suggested that demonstrators and opposition lawmakers should be "mowed down with tanks." The rebukes from President Park and especially Cha riled up Director Kim. Director Kim left the dining room to convene with his closest subordinates - former Marine colonel and KCIA Chief Agent Park Seon-ho and Army colonel and Director Kim's secretary Park Heung-ju (no relations) - and said to them: "Chief of Staff and Deputy Director are here as well. Today is the day." Asked if President Park is included as a target, Kim said yes.[4]

Kim reentered the meeting room with a semi-automatic pistol Walther PPK, shot Chief Bodyguard Cha in the arm and then President Park in the left chest. He attempted to fire again on Cha, but the gun jammed. Cha fled to a bathroom adjacent to the dining room. Kim came back with his subordinate's gun and again shot at Cha in the abdomen and Park, who was dead by then, in the head. Upon hearing the initial shots, Park Seon-ho held two bodyguards in the waiting room at gunpoint and ordered them to put hands up in hope of preventing further bloodshed especially since he was a friend with one of the bodyguards. When the other bodyguard attempted to reach for a gun, Park shot them both to death. At the same time, Colonel Park Heung-ju and two other KCIA agents stormed the kitchen and killed the remaining bodyguards. President Park, Chief Bodyguard Cha, three presidential bodyguards, and a presidential chauffeur died in the end.[5]
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassination_of_Park_Chung-hee

While seeking for material for a paper I'm writing, whether a democratic president using the military in place of constitutional institutions other than in martial law was dictatorial, I fell upon this while searching searching for material. I just hope that development doesn't affect us adversely.
Re: What Happened To The Sth Korean President That Alienated His Intelligence Team by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jun 28, 2015
I read this some days back on a blog... Good to see it here again... It's really threatening...
Re: What Happened To The Sth Korean President That Alienated His Intelligence Team by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jun 28, 2015
dhat psychophatic glorious idioooot
Re: What Happened To The Sth Korean President That Alienated His Intelligence Team by Humorclux: 2:33pm On Jun 28, 2015
The Article just be like say I dey watch one of those action movie.
Anyway, Biafra till I D.I.E
Re: What Happened To The Sth Korean President That Alienated His Intelligence Team by calid16: 2:38pm On Jun 28, 2015
Freemanan:
I read this some days back on a blog... Good to see it here again... It's really threatening...

Have you noticed how all these our "western friends" who are always quick to comment on our security agencies have been so quiet ? The silence is deafening.
I just hope this is not one sick chess game where we end up losing. Who advises GMB on such issues by the way ?
Re: What Happened To The Sth Korean President That Alienated His Intelligence Team by otipoju(m): 2:39pm On Jun 28, 2015
One reason why a coup de tat, cannot succeed in Nigeria is that it is tantamount to a suicide mission.

If any military man carries out a coup successfully in Nigeria, he should be ready to die like Ghaddafi, Osama or caught like Laurent Gbagbo.

I wont say much, but if you are wise you can inteprete.
Re: What Happened To The Sth Korean President That Alienated His Intelligence Team by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jun 28, 2015
calid16:

Have you noticed how all these our "western friends" who are always quick to comment on our security agencies have been so quiet ? The silence is deafening.
I just hope this is not one sick chess game where we end up losing. Who advises GMB on such issues by the way ?
Maybe His military ties are still firm so he is banking on it... I Hope it pays.
Re: What Happened To The Sth Korean President That Alienated His Intelligence Team by nobosaba(m): 2:41pm On Jun 28, 2015
Okay.. Seen.
Re: What Happened To The Sth Korean President That Alienated His Intelligence Team by rawtouch: 2:47pm On Jun 28, 2015
Watching events unfold from my balcony
Re: What Happened To The Sth Korean President That Alienated His Intelligence Team by doctokwus: 2:48pm On Jun 28, 2015
Strange enough,the risks you highlighted are more likely with the present set of DSS operatives as presidential body guards.That's d reason PMB probably feels more secure with military body guards who are true professionals and loyalists to the core,or at least are far safer than DSS, esp so because PMB was also a former top class general.
Re: What Happened To The Sth Korean President That Alienated His Intelligence Team by edoyad(m): 2:49pm On Jun 28, 2015
I thought I was the only sane Nigerian left. That man is toying with fire and our useles jounalists,commentators and representatives arent cautioning him. Where are the Anyaokus, Falanas and Soyinkas ?

(1) (Reply)

Yoruba Elders Regrets Voting General Buhari As President / BREAKING: Buhari Sacks SSS DG, Ita Ekpenyong, Appoints Replacement / Is This 419 Or Miracle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.