Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

The Biblical Joseph, The First And Greatest 419 Story Ever Told. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Biblical Joseph, The First And Greatest 419 Story Ever Told. (3474 Views)

Adeboye Addresses Joseph Obayemi & Odesola After Their Appointments (Photos) / Christians, Why Do You Believe In The Biblical God? / 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Biblical Joseph, The First And Greatest 419 Story Ever Told. by herald9: 7:02pm On Jun 28, 2015
johnydon22:

No one has the standard of measuring good and bad, Not atheist or theist. these two concepts are subjective.
But that's what the dude is trying to imply here.

We accuse people of blind beliefs... Now we are victims of blind questioning... Not everything is worth questioning, please.
Re: The Biblical Joseph, The First And Greatest 419 Story Ever Told. by johnydon22(m): 7:11pm On Jun 28, 2015
herald9:

But that's what the dude is trying to imply here.

We accuse people of blind beliefs... Now we are victims of blind questioning... Not everything is worth questioning, please.

I must say that questioning everything is fine but it depends on what ground your question is based?

asking the right question for the right subject is more like it. . . E.g: Was Joseph even a historical figure?

4 Likes

Re: The Biblical Joseph, The First And Greatest 419 Story Ever Told. by malvisguy212: 7:19pm On Jun 28, 2015
plaetton:

No. I don't take this as an insult.
But I judge you, malvisguy212, your moral compass, on account of what you support or do not support on this forum.

If you find justification for the many genocidal acts of yahweh as presented in the bible, then surely, a lot of us would begin to shudder, not only about your moral character, but of your sanity altogether.
You are what you believe.
God is the creator of heaven and earth and He will do what He say he will do.what do you understand by the word genocide? Genocide, murder or any killing that is
not necessary to defend another person's life is not justified. I provide a verse were it say this people sacrifice there sons and daughters to other gods,as a matter of fact, God had warn them long before in genesis but they refused to heed to his warning. You guys are very good in Exaggeration of Christian Evil, but you people always fail to provide the whole story.

God had patiently waited over 400 years until the Canaanites would be ripe for
judgment (Genesis 15:16)
Re: The Biblical Joseph, The First And Greatest 419 Story Ever Told. by herald9: 7:38pm On Jun 28, 2015
johnydon22:

I must say that questioning everything is fine but it depends on what ground your question is based?

asking the right question for the right subject is more like it. . . E.g: Was Joseph even a historical figure?
You're right to some extent. But when you question everything, people no longer take you serious. You've to question what's is questionable in order to stay relevant.

As per your example, the Jews will say he was, the story of Moses won't be complete without a mention of Joseph.

But to us, I'm still searching for the link....
Re: The Biblical Joseph, The First And Greatest 419 Story Ever Told. by johnydon22(m): 7:42pm On Jun 28, 2015
herald9:

You're right to some extent. But when you question everything, people no longer take you serious. You've to question what's is questionable in order to stay relevant.

As per your example, the Jews will say he was, the story of Moses won't be complete without a mention of Joseph.

But to us, I'm still searching for the link....

Exactly, it is about asking the right questions. . if you ask the right questions i don't see how people won't take you seriously after all it was Socrates method.

In everything he will ask "why?" "How?" and this got people thinking more than they ever could have.

So again its not about questioning everything; Its about asking the right question to the right subject.

3 Likes

Re: The Biblical Joseph, The First And Greatest 419 Story Ever Told. by plaetton: 7:42pm On Jun 28, 2015
malvisguy212:
God is the creator of heaven and earth and He will do what He say he will do.what do you understand by the word genocide? Genocide, murder or any killing that is
not necessary to defend another person's life is not justified. I provide a verse were it say this people sacrifice there sons and daughters to other gods,as a matter of fact, God had warn them long before in genesis but they refused to heed to his warning. You guys are very good in Exaggeration of Christian Evil, but you people always fail to provide the whole story.

Crap as usual.
Bottom line is, you are still supporting and justifying genocide.
That still makes you A scary character.

2 Likes

Re: The Biblical Joseph, The First And Greatest 419 Story Ever Told. by johnydon22(m): 7:48pm On Jun 28, 2015
malvisguy212:

The way to punish them was to command the death of both guilty and innocent. . .

The canaanites used their children as sacrifice, then god decided to punish them by punishing both the men and the same children one would think was the reason for the judgement to be passed in the first place.

So he made to punish them by punishing the children along with it. . . Isn't that exactly what the people initially were doing?

Isn't that why the cities were punished? Killing children.

Then after god punished the city by killing both men and children, Was it not the same crime he punished the canaanites for?

4 Likes

Re: The Biblical Joseph, The First And Greatest 419 Story Ever Told. by esere826: 8:23pm On Jun 28, 2015
plaetton:
It's all there in black and white in the bible, how Joseph, using his official position in the Pharoah's court, craftfully swindled ordinary Egyptians of their land, and then enslaved them to work in same lands for him just for their daily sustenance.
It is a manual on how to turn your landlord into your slave.

I hear the Southwest of Nigeria feel that the South East of Nigeria want to do this same thing to them in their own land

...umhhhhh
Re: The Biblical Joseph, The First And Greatest 419 Story Ever Told. by Pr0ton: 8:26pm On Jun 28, 2015
herald9:

'appear'?

Just because you're an atheist, you think you've a standard criteria for measuring what's good and what's bad?

Remember what's good to you might not be good to others.

What are you defining "good" as? The good I used in that context is in regards with your moral of "determination and rewards for honesty". Now this is what I'm saying. Even if the story appears "good", does it eliminate the questioning of its authencity like if it ever happened for real? for example
Re: The Biblical Joseph, The First And Greatest 419 Story Ever Told. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:28pm On Jun 28, 2015
plaetton:
It's all there in black and white in the bible, how Joseph, using his official position in the Pharoah's court, craftfully swindled ordinary Egyptians of their land, and then enslaved them to work in same lands for him just for their daily sustenance.
It is a manual on how to turn your landlord into your slave.

Mtcheeeewwww

I thought I'd see concrete evidence only to see the usual bit.ches on period ranting as usual angry

You don't believe in God or the bible we get it ... no one cares

please stop opening shitty threads like this that'll promote only insults , hate , mockery etc

Go to the science section and discuss this - a prominent scientist , David Auerbach ,has said that humans will be extinct in 100 years due to overcrowding, declining resources and climate change.

It should really worry you unbelievers and not Joseph who never existed grin

Stop drinking panadol for our "headache" !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Biblical Joseph, The First And Greatest 419 Story Ever Told. by plaetton: 8:30pm On Jun 28, 2015
esere826:

I hear the Southwest of Nigeria feel that the South East of Nigeria want to do this same thing to them in their own land

...umhhhhh

Thats all in your tiny mind. Southwesterners are too smart, too proud and too economically empowered to be subjugated by any group.
Stop spreading dangerous lies.
Re: The Biblical Joseph, The First And Greatest 419 Story Ever Told. by plaetton: 8:47pm On Jun 28, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Mtcheeeewwww

I thought I'd see concrete evidence only to see the usual bit.ches on period ranting as usual angry

You don't believe in God or the bible we get it ... no one cares

please stop opening shitty threads like this that'll promote only insults , hate , mockery etc

Go to the science section and discuss this - a prominent scientist , David Auerbach ,has said that humans will be extinct in 100 years due to overcrowding, declining resources and climate change.

It should really worry you unbelievers and not Joseph who never existed grin

Stop drinking panadol for our "headache" !

Shut up you mo.ron.

How dare you try to tell me what I should be doing on this forum and what I shouldn't be. undecided

Do you think this forum is a sunday school for ret.ard.s like you? .

in case you have not been smart enough to figure it out, let me repeat it for you dumb ears,.. I am here to Mock Lethal Mythologies.

2 Likes

Re: The Biblical Joseph, The First And Greatest 419 Story Ever Told. by malvisguy212: 8:52pm On Jun 28, 2015
johnydon22:

The way to punish them was to command the death of both guilty and innocent. . .

The canaanites used their children as sacrifice, then god decided to punish them by punishing both the men and the same children one would think was the reason for the judgement to be passed in the first place.

So he made to punish them by punishing the children along with it. . . Isn't that exactly what the people initially were doing?

Isn't that why the cities were punished? Killing children.

Then after god punished the city by killing both men and children, Was it not the same crime he punished the canaanites for?
did you read what I type? 400 years is not enough to repent?
" After four generations your
descendants will return here to this
land, when the SIN of the Amorites has
run ITS COURSE ." - Genesis 15:16

And through
Out the old testament God keep reminding them of His judgment, from genesis down to the book of judges

The problem begin during the exedus era in the desert, they attack the isrealite without any course,that were it all STARTED, for the isrealite had not even settle down as a nation;

Deuteronomy 25:17-18
17 Remember what the Amalekites did to you along the way when you came out of Egypt. 18 When you were weary and worn out, they met you on your journey and attacked all who were lagging behind; they had no fear of God.

And again they latter attack the isrealite during the time of judges;

Judges 3:13
13 Getting the Ammonites and
Amalekites to join him, Eglon came and
attacked Israel, and they took possession of the City of Palms

And through out that time the amalikites always invade the isrealite crop and stole there food and killed there children.

God punished the Amalekites by ordering Saul to destroy them ( 1 Sam 15:2-3) - over 400 years after they had first attacked Israel. During that time, the Amalekites had contact with the Israelites and would have heard about God. They could have repented and changed their ways, but they continued to raid and plunder other cities up to the time of Saul and David (1 Sam 30:1-3)

And listen to me very careful;

Exedus 17:14-16
The LORD said to Moses, "Write this
on a scroll as something to be
remembered and make sure that
Joshua hears it, because I will
completely blot out the memory of
Amalek from under heaven."

Moses built an altar and called it The
LORD is my Banner. He said, "For
hands were lifted up to the throne of
the LORD. The LORD will be at war
against the Amalekites from
generation to generation."

"Blot out the memory of Amalek" refers
to the extinction of the descendents of
Amalek. Clearly God was not referring to
the world's knowledge that Amalek
existed, else he would not have
commanded the Amalekites' defeat to be recorded. He wanted the incidents to be remembered, so that future generations would realize that God, not the Israelites, defeated the Amalekites and avenged their unjust treatment of others. So BE WARN!!!
Re: The Biblical Joseph, The First And Greatest 419 Story Ever Told. by malvisguy212: 8:57pm On Jun 28, 2015
plaetton:

Crap as usual.
Bottom line is, you are still supporting and justifying genocide.
That still makes you A scary character.
if God had rain brimstone and fire on boko haram. thousands years later someone like you will say God commit Genocide by killing boko haram. Smh
Re: The Biblical Joseph, The First And Greatest 419 Story Ever Told. by johnydon22(m): 9:06pm On Jun 28, 2015
This guy's lack of basic comprehension is epic. . My question was simple

Why punish the innocent along with the guilty, why kill the children alongside the men (the same children that is said to have been used as sacrifices which brought about punishment in the first place) Is killing them (children) alongside the men while meting out punishment not the same crime as the men committed?

Let me just drag myself back to the science section and continue with people that has basic cognitive ability#Sighs..
Re: The Biblical Joseph, The First And Greatest 419 Story Ever Told. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:11pm On Jun 28, 2015
plaetton:

Shut up you mo.ron.

How dare you try to tell me what I should be doing on this forum and what I shouldn't be. undecided

Do you think this forum is a sunday school for ret.ard.s like you? .

Lmao ... lwtmb ... sunday school re.tard? My knowledge of the bible is ... lolz lemme not start , you aint worth it . I'm way up high and you are ... damn man where the "beep sound" r you ? lmao

in case you have not been smart enough to figure it out, let me repeat it for you dumb ears,.. I am here to Mock Lethal Mythologies.

mtcheew ... keep wasting your time ... since 2011 you joined this forum , you aint done yet ? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed cry

Troubled mind seeking solace in the religion section cool
Re: The Biblical Joseph, The First And Greatest 419 Story Ever Told. by plaetton: 9:20pm On Jun 28, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Lmao ... lwtmb ... sunday school re.tard? My knowledge of the bible is ... lolz lemme not start , you aint worth it . I'm way up high and you are ... damn man where the "beep sound" r you ? lmao

mtcheew ... keep wasting your time ... since 2011 you joined this forum , you aint done yet ? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed cry

Troubled mind seeking solace in the religion section cool
You are right about one thing.
I am indeed a troubled mind : troubled that my country's social order churns out lobotomized zombies and re.tards like you by the truckloads: A people deeply beholden to the toxic discarded and depleted uraniums of middle east trash religions.

It gives me a lot to weep about, every day.
Seriously.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Biblical Joseph, The First And Greatest 419 Story Ever Told. by malvisguy212: 9:32pm On Jun 28, 2015
johnydon22:
This guy's lack of basic comprehension is epic. . My question was simple

Let me just drag myself back to the science section and continue with people that has basic cognizance #Sighs..
If people grow up in a culture that accepts things like murder and rape, very few will listen to their conscience and go against what everyone else says.Children learn wrong things from their parents and the surrounding culture; as they mature, they become part of the culture and perpetuate it by participating in it and passing on its teachings to their children

In the destruction of Jericho, Rahab and her family were spared because she feared God and chose to help the Israelites ( Josh 2:1-21, 6:22-25). Before the Amalekites were destroyed, their
righteous neighbors were warned to
move away ( 1 Sam 15:5-6).
1 Samuel 15:5-6
5 Saul went to the city of Amalek and set an ambush in the ravine. 6 Then he said to the Kenites, “Go away, leave the
Amalekites so that I do not destroy you
along with them; for you showed
kindness to all the Israelites when they
came up out of Egypt.” So the Kenites
moved away from the Amalekites.
Re: The Biblical Joseph, The First And Greatest 419 Story Ever Told. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:32pm On Jun 28, 2015
plaetton:

You are right about one thing.
I am indeed a troubled mind : troubled that my country's social order churns out lobotomized zombies and re.tards like you by the truckloads: A people deeply beholden to the toxic discarded and depleted uraniums of middle east trash religions.

It gives me a lot to weep about, every day.
Seriously.

You are right you know .Just like North Korea ,that very religious nation ! cool

Mr. Man stop blaming religion as the cause of woes facing this country ,only blunt minds do so *disappointed*

Russia , UAE , England are damn religious and see how they turned out.

And wow ! I guess we should stop using the internet since fraudsters use it as a medium , or because por.nography ...

Being religious doesn't make you a re.tard , only blunt minds think so *again disappointed*

Smh ...
Re: The Biblical Joseph, The First And Greatest 419 Story Ever Told. by johnydon22(m): 9:37pm On Jun 28, 2015
malvisguy212:
If people grow up in a culture that accepts things like murder and rape, very few will listen to their conscience and go against what everyone else says. Children learn wrong things from their parents and the surrounding culture; as they mature, they become part of the culture and perpetuate it by participating in it and passing on its teachings to their children

And thats why the children were killed too....

Sometimes i just wish you read what you posts in your defence of these barbaric acts. .
Re: The Biblical Joseph, The First And Greatest 419 Story Ever Told. by herald9: 9:38pm On Jun 28, 2015
Pr0ton:

What are you defining "good" as? The good I used in that context is in regards with your moral of "determination and rewards for honesty". Now this is what I'm saying. Even if the story appears "good", does it eliminate the questioning of its authencity like if it ever happened for real? for example

I understand now. And like I stated earlier, you only question things in the bible that contradicts empirical facts and common sense. But the story of Joseph doesn't contradict anything, and if you doubt it's authenticity that means the story of Moses was a sham, and it affects other stories that were before and after it, thereby rendering the whole Bible incongruous. Haba! Give some people hope now.

Next it might be "Does the Bible really exist?"
Re: The Biblical Joseph, The First And Greatest 419 Story Ever Told. by plaetton: 9:40pm On Jun 28, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Being religious doesn't make you a re.tard , only blunt minds think so *again disappointed*

Smh ...

Laughing out loud.

Maybe being a re.tar.d makes you religious.

grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Biblical Joseph, The First And Greatest 419 Story Ever Told. by malvisguy212: 9:41pm On Jun 28, 2015
johnydon22:

And thats why the children were killed too....

Sometimes i just wish you read what you posts in your defence of these barbaric acts. .
as long as the children are in the age of reasoning were they are capable of making decisions, YET they stick with deception.
Re: The Biblical Joseph, The First And Greatest 419 Story Ever Told. by johnydon22(m): 9:46pm On Jun 28, 2015
malvisguy212:
as long as the children are in the age of reasoning were they are capable of making decisions, YET they stick with deception.

Seriously the way you talk sometimes makes me wonder if you even read what you post. .

we are talking children here, day old babies, months old babies, a year old, 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 and every other age within childhood not to forget even pregnant women were ripped open.

How do you even justify killing these . . . wooooow

1 Like

Re: The Biblical Joseph, The First And Greatest 419 Story Ever Told. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:55pm On Jun 28, 2015
plaetton:

Laughing out loud.

Maybe being a re.tar.d makes you religious.

grin grin

Everyone has an opinion ... some people's own just don't count - you are deeply rooted in this category kiss

Skillfully evaded the other part of my comment - shi.t just hit him really hard . I noticed though

you are always here to win arguments and not to learn . Ignorant arrogant piece of crap smiley

Re: The Biblical Joseph, The First And Greatest 419 Story Ever Told. by johnydon22(m): 10:04pm On Jun 28, 2015

Wow this just turned into personal attacks and word wars. . . the thread is ruined. . . Seriously people why ruin the fun in all this tonight. .am out…

anyway for the people who want to discuss real deals, meet up at the science discussion thread

https://www.nairaland.com/2391945/sciences-discussion-thread

for some hot discussions with hot brained dudes, Don't forget to bring your brains along while at it folks wink
Re: The Biblical Joseph, The First And Greatest 419 Story Ever Told. by plaetton: 10:07pm On Jun 28, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Everyone has an opinion ... some people's own just don't count - you are deeply rooted in this category kiss

Skillfully evaded the other part of my comment - shi.t just hit him really hard . I noticed though

you are always here to win arguments and not to learn . Ignorant arrogant piece of crap smiley

Honestly speaking, sir, I have learn quite a lot from you since you came on board this religilous section.
But pls, don't ask me to tell you what I have learnt.
Re: The Biblical Joseph, The First And Greatest 419 Story Ever Told. by malvisguy212: 10:15pm On Jun 28, 2015
johnydon22:

Seriously the way you talk sometimes makes me wonder if you even read what you post. .

we are talking children here, day old babies, months old babies, a year old, 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 and every other age within childhood not to forget even pregnant women were ripped open.

ALL the little onse who could not make moral decision will go to heaven.

1 Like

Re: The Biblical Joseph, The First And Greatest 419 Story Ever Told. by johnydon22(m): 10:22pm On Jun 28, 2015
malvisguy212:
ALL the little onse who could not make moral decision will go to heaven.

**sighs** lipsrsealed
Re: The Biblical Joseph, The First And Greatest 419 Story Ever Told. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:37pm On Jun 28, 2015
plaetton:

Honestly speaking, sir, I have learn quite a lot from you since you came on board this religilous section.
But pls, don't ask me to tell you what I have learnt.

I care what you think of me smiley

I love sharing ideas with Christians . Quoting scriptures , learning that was what here was for but but but you ruin good christian threads , you create shitty topics , you have nothing to offer to us .

Criticizing , criticizing , criticizing .

You are the real bigot and very condescending . You are better in every aspect in life because you an atheist - that's bullshyt .

grin grin grin - but you are funny sha
Re: The Biblical Joseph, The First And Greatest 419 Story Ever Told. by plaetton: 2:47pm On Sep 06, 2015
johnydon22:

I swear this dude is a very very scary character.
He is the living proof of the dangers of religious beliefs.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Biblical Joseph, The First And Greatest 419 Story Ever Told. by Brown47: 3:41pm On Sep 06, 2015
emrain:
Smh... I still don't see any 419 in joseph's story. He was ambitious, he played his card well and got rewarded.

The gift of a man maketh a way for him.

That's the moral of the Joseph story.

Not everything in the Bible is totally useless, the Bible was written by the wisest of men at the time it was written.

lol, i like the bolded part, am happy you said it yourself.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Muslim: Please Am Confused... Watch This Video... Is Allah Greatest Of Deceivers / Witchcraft Evidence:witches Caught In The Act ( Videos ) / Should Christians Support Israel?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.