Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,034 members, 7,825,256 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

How Reliable Is Ipage Web Hosting - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Reliable Is Ipage Web Hosting (4551 Views)

How Reliable Are Nigerian Web Hosting Companies? / Who Know How Much Ipage Is Exchanging For A Hosting Plan / Is Any Nairalander A Reseller On Ipage ??? Need Your Advice.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Reliable Is Ipage Web Hosting by Mayfrank(m): 9:58pm On Jun 29, 2015
Julius2214:

Bros.... you can lie o.. This your blog is hosted on the free platform
dude... its hosted on ipage
Re: How Reliable Is Ipage Web Hosting by semasir: 10:12pm On Jun 29, 2015
Not a bad deal from them and if you're still doubting or need support, I use namecheap and their services has been top-notch too.

I'd advise you switch to dedicated hosting or VPS if the need be. I can help you host on my dedicated server if you need any support on that too.
Re: How Reliable Is Ipage Web Hosting by newspostng(m): 10:57pm On Jun 29, 2015
i repeat, do not host your wordpress website on ipage hosting, especially does who use 1 account to host other sites, ipage can shut your site down anytime they like telling you all sort of lies that their scanner scan your site and find malware,the reason why they do this is if your site is getting much traffic,it affect their bandwidth and server loading time, so they use that scanning and malware trick to shut you down temporarily and wait for you to contact them, they have done this to me and my friends several times. at the end,the will tell us the scanner didnt later detect anything . by the time they do this to you highly ranked site. your site will temporarily become unavailable to google bot,and you will lose rank and google will also penalize you by deindexing your site.you are warned.
Re: How Reliable Is Ipage Web Hosting by cooljoe13: 11:31pm On Jun 29, 2015
I thank everyone so far for your contriibution.i really appreciate. you guys are wonderful.but please at least can anyone recomend something better.
Re: How Reliable Is Ipage Web Hosting by aristosoft(m): 12:05am On Jun 30, 2015
Ipage is one of the best hosting companies in the world you can use, I buy my domains on Smartweb, qservers and whogohost to patronize local market but host on ipage.

Though they don't use the popular cpanel, they are also very strict security wise with great customer support.
Re: How Reliable Is Ipage Web Hosting by Nobody: 12:10am On Jun 30, 2015
Well, I have been using iPage for years now.
They are okay (90 uptime) with great customer support. However, i have been noticing a steady decline in the level of their performance compared to few years/months ago.

Their affiliate programme (for the webhosting) too is now a mess, compared to before.

The choice is yours.

I got mine for 2 years at US$40.
Re: How Reliable Is Ipage Web Hosting by foxychev(m): 3:11am On Jun 30, 2015
Ipage is good. But you won't be using cpanel. You will be using vdeck. It's cool though but cpanel is a lot better.
2nd they only give access to your public_html folder, meaning you can't easily perform some stunts with it. Installing software that require higher directories is very difficult.
Ipage is a much different world of shared hosting compare to many. Try it first before you commit all your resources to it so you don't freak out at the end.
Re: How Reliable Is Ipage Web Hosting by wethebest(m): 5:01am On Jun 30, 2015
ipage is cool. also try web4africa.net wit great service.
Re: How Reliable Is Ipage Web Hosting by cooljoe13: 9:51am On Jun 30, 2015
Thanks everyone.. As I mentioned earlier I'm my post.... I only intended to host a job website. I built for a client on it... I really appreciate your responses... Thanks.....
Re: How Reliable Is Ipage Web Hosting by Kangol99(m): 11:27am On Jun 30, 2015
Re: How Reliable Is Ipage Web Hosting by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jun 30, 2015
newspostng:
i repeat, do not host your wordpress website on ipage hosting, especially does who use 1 account to host other sites, ipage can shut your site down anytime they like telling you all sort of lies that their scanner scan your site and find malware,the reason why they do this is if your site is getting much traffic,it affect their bandwidth and server loading time, so they use that scanning and malware trick to shut you down temporarily and wait for you to contact them, they have done this to me and my friends several times. at the end,the will tell us the scanner didnt later detect anything . by the time they do this to you highly ranked site. your site will temporarily become unavailable to google bot,and you will lose rank and google will also penalize you by deindexing your site.you are warned.

you are right bro. i received a mail last week that my site has been attacked by malware. they aint reliable. yet to retrieve the site. so bad.
Re: How Reliable Is Ipage Web Hosting by semasir: 11:22pm On Jun 30, 2015
If you do not mind, I have a dedicated server that I can offer you a space on. Just tell me your recommendations and I'll see how to help out. My reseller hosting portal- www.semasir.biz is under construction though!

cooljoe13:
Thanks everyone.. As I mentioned earlier I'm my post.... I only intended to host a job website. I built for a client on it... I really appreciate your responses... Thanks.....
Re: How Reliable Is Ipage Web Hosting by dbangsax: 1:51am On Jul 01, 2015
Well all web host has got their pros and con but it now depends on what you need one of the cheapest and most reailable web hosting in Africa now is www.tryantech.com their site is still under construction they give u some days of trial you can reach one of their admins on 08091611204 try them out they charge for as low as #700 per year...
Re: How Reliable Is Ipage Web Hosting by newspostng(m): 9:40am On Jul 03, 2015
do not use ipage,i repeat, they are useless. they will shut down your site anytime they like and you will lose your aleaxa rank.it may not happen fast. all users, stay away from ipage. when they will shut your site, they wont inform you. better look for a reliable hosting now before you regret hosting with this company
Re: How Reliable Is Ipage Web Hosting by cooljoe13: 12:59pm On Jul 04, 2015
newspostng:
do not use ipage,i repeat, they are useless. they will shut down your site anytime they like and you will lose your aleaxa rank.it may not happen fast. all users, stay away from ipage. when they will shut your site, they wont inform you. better look for a reliable hosting now before you regret hosting with this company

Honestly, I really appreciate your responses responses.. But can you please recommend a good hosting for me because am going to stick to the hosting... So I want the best.. Am also going to be hosting a lot of website on it thanks I will appreciate responses
Re: How Reliable Is Ipage Web Hosting by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jul 04, 2015
cooljoe13:
Good day my fellow webmaster. I want ask from those who have used ipage Web hosting.. How reliable and okay is it. ? I have used hostgator and arvixe but am not okay with the services am getting.. Most of this hosting company just type up some poo on their website front page.. I would have love to move to name cheap but it's kinda costly for me.. If you have any other good and reliable Web hosting... Kindly share.

Ps: For those who want to really know.. All th website I have hosted so far is 12...i don't mind d streess I will go through to move my client... Am just feed up with all the bandwidth exceeded on them... For your information.... I didnt even host website that could eat up cpu Resources.... One of them is a job website... I hosted for a client... Pls I really need a good advise.. Thanks... God Bless us.

Kindly check my signature for our website, our reseller plan will be superb for you since you will be hosting many websites plus we will help you transfer all your websites for free.

we will love to serve you!

I assure you, you will never get any bandwidth exceeded issues or any other issues when hosting with us plus you get a 30days money back guarantee! No risk, give us a trial
Re: How Reliable Is Ipage Web Hosting by emmalexdboy(m): 9:20am On Aug 17, 2015
I use Ipage for my weight loss blog and it's been over a year now and I can tell you their services is not so good.

I've once had issues (some time back) logging into my dashboard and when I used their live chat system to talk to one of their staff, I was told their server have been attacked by malwares.

Can you imagine?

This took close to a month before it was rectified and I was vexed. Really vexed.

Though, all the issues have been solved. I still get some complaints that my site loads slowly.

On the flip side, Ipage hosting offer is quite affordable especially for beginners that don't want to spend too much money: free domain name for the first year, hosting account for 2 years for about $40 plus free facebook and Google Adwords coupons for advertising your site.

Alluring plan, right?

If you ask me: it really helped me when I started out my first blog because I was on a very low budget.

I will be renewing my domain name next month, so the blog will still be hosted on Ipage for now.

Though, if I were to recommend a web hosting company to anyone it will be Siteground.

Always note this: No web host is perfect. A good web host today could go crappy tommorow, that why they always offer Money back guarantees.

Hope this helps!
Re: How Reliable Is Ipage Web Hosting by cooljoe13: 7:54am On Oct 06, 2015
Thanks you all for your contribution.. I already hosted with a reliable company.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Website Design Proposal / How To Create Great Content Ideas For Your Blog? / Ponzi Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.