Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,149 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:57 AM

Most Dangerous Drugs Produced In Anambra –NDLEA - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Most Dangerous Drugs Produced In Anambra –NDLEA (5271 Views)

Roli Bode-George Is Acting Chairman Of NDLEA- The Vanguard / Most Dangerous Drugs Produced In Anambra, Says NDLEA / Most Dangerous Drugs Circulated In The Country Are Produced In Anambra –NDLEA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Most Dangerous Drugs Produced In Anambra –NDLEA by 500GP: 6:41am On Jun 29, 2015
The National Drug Law Enforcement
Agency has declared that the most
dangerous drugs circulated in the
country are produced in Anambra State.
The state NDLEA Commander, Mr. Sule
Momodu, who made the declaration on
Saturday at the Women’s Development
Centre in Awka to mark the 2015
United Nations Day against Drug Abuse
and Trafficking, identified one of the
dangerous drugs produced in the state
as methamphetamine
Momodu expressed worry over the
increasing production of illicit drugs,
abuse and trafficking in the state and
called for a concerted effort to stop the
development.
He disclosed that the anti-drug abuse
and trafficking agency arrested at least
122 drug suspects between January and
June this year. While 114 of them were
men, eight were women.
A total of 110.624kg of illicit drug, he
said, was seized during the period under
review with cannabis sativa known as
marijuana topping with 107.26kg.
Other seizures were cocaine, 138.2
grammes, heroine, 100.54grammes,
liquid methamphetamine 2.615kg and
solid methamphetamine 510 grammes.
The NDLEA commander said the agency
also arraigned 22 suspects during the
period, out of which eight convictions
were obtained while 28 fresh cases
were filed.
He expressed optimism that the agency
would fight drug abuse and trafficking in
the state, asking stakeholders to join
hands in the campaign against drug
abuse.
Momodu warned that if the war against
illicit drug use and trafficking “is not won
now, the scourge will take over the
society soonest.”
He lauded the state Governor, Willie
Obiano, for the support he had given to
the agency, especially involving it in the
State Security Council and the approval
of a parcel of land in Awka, the state
capital, for the building of the agency’s
rehabilitation centre.
Momodu, however, called for the
inauguration of the state Drug Control
Committee to help drive national drug
control plans and objectives.
The state Commissioner for Health, Dr.
Jesophat Akabuike, who represented
the governor at the event, restated the
state’s commitment to the fight against
crime in the state, including drug abuse
and trafficking.

http://www.punchng.com/city-news-feature/most-dangerous-drugs-produced-in-anambra-ndlea/

2 Likes

Re: Most Dangerous Drugs Produced In Anambra –NDLEA by dhardline(m): 6:43am On Jun 29, 2015
Breaking Bad

3 Likes

Re: Most Dangerous Drugs Produced In Anambra –NDLEA by chudidonas(m): 6:43am On Jun 29, 2015
They are not sorry. If you can't give them Biafra, the plan is to drive the north and west insane and forcefully take biafra. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Most Dangerous Drugs Produced In Anambra –NDLEA by omoelesa(m): 6:45am On Jun 29, 2015
Land of d rising crime

9 Likes

Re: Most Dangerous Drugs Produced In Anambra –NDLEA by maverickdude(m): 6:46am On Jun 29, 2015
ok
Re: Most Dangerous Drugs Produced In Anambra –NDLEA by Baba419(m): 6:48am On Jun 29, 2015
IPOB

1 Like

Re: Most Dangerous Drugs Produced In Anambra –NDLEA by osaslord500(m): 6:48am On Jun 29, 2015
shocked
Re: Most Dangerous Drugs Produced In Anambra –NDLEA by ZeezaRapture(m): 6:48am On Jun 29, 2015
BIAFRA'UDSTERS lipsrsealed

Z.R
Re: Most Dangerous Drugs Produced In Anambra –NDLEA by SLIDEwaxie(m): 6:57am On Jun 29, 2015
chudidonas:
They are not sorry. If you can't give them Biafra, the plan is to drive the north and west insane and forcefully take biafra. cheesy
keep on masturbatin and assure yourself u were having sex. we all knw the truth, including urself..

in your imagination, u think u dey make sense while the truth keep staring at u...

there are some set of junkie as a tribe wey no dey think before they talk. they live on hearsays, strife of stories, they are incited to violence easily and they know nothing but illusions and chases mirage. even they chase this with all their might..a lost cause...

those are the ones high if cheap cracks...they needed it for the struggle of their Biafra

6 Likes

Re: Most Dangerous Drugs Produced In Anambra –NDLEA by OduaVanguard: 7:01am On Jun 29, 2015
Who doesn't know that Anambra is infamous for being the den and home of both Hard drugs and commercial traders. This isn't news abeg.

1 Like

Re: Most Dangerous Drugs Produced In Anambra –NDLEA by Obascoetubi: 7:07am On Jun 29, 2015
IGBOS & THEIR FAKE DRUGS

6 Likes

Re: Most Dangerous Drugs Produced In Anambra –NDLEA by Zaikon(m): 7:12am On Jun 29, 2015
watin concern USB with hard drug hhhmmm may be deh need it as well.
Re: Most Dangerous Drugs Produced In Anambra –NDLEA by gratiaeo(m): 7:13am On Jun 29, 2015
I don't know doing drug and criminal, kidnapping, ritualist killing, child r'ape who better pass

1 Like

Re: Most Dangerous Drugs Produced In Anambra –NDLEA by Feranchek(m): 7:14am On Jun 29, 2015
Despite the propaganda, ndigbo are still focused!!

God bless the memory of Ojukwu (your manhood still lives on grin)

God bless PMB
God bless his wife
God bless Nigerian(s)
God bless the SOVEREIGN UNION OF BIAFRA!!!
Re: Most Dangerous Drugs Produced In Anambra –NDLEA by FKO81(m): 7:14am On Jun 29, 2015
OduaVanguard:
Who doesn't know that Anambra is infamous for being the den and home of both Hard drugs and commercial traders. This isn't news abeg.
Hard drugs and ritual dens in south west which one is more horrendous if I may ask? Don't allow me to dig in southwest crime land this Monday morning.

1 Like

Re: Most Dangerous Drugs Produced In Anambra –NDLEA by OduaVanguard: 7:17am On Jun 29, 2015
FKO81:

Hard drugs and ritual dens in south west which one is more horrenous if I may ask? Don't allow me to dig in southwest crime land this Monday morning.

Mehn, ffvck you cheesy Wetin you wan talk about SW wey your people never already flog to death here already? If to say na Osun matter now dis thread go reach 100 pages. Abeg go and hang yourself boy. Anambra is just as bad if not worse than other Nigerian states. Fact will always remain that most apprehended drug traffickers of igbo extraction are from Anambra. Fact.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Most Dangerous Drugs Produced In Anambra –NDLEA by Nobody: 7:22am On Jun 29, 2015
Land of the rising Criminals

6 Likes

Re: Most Dangerous Drugs Produced In Anambra –NDLEA by Starships4u(m): 7:26am On Jun 29, 2015
When a problem is known, then its half solved... Deal with it....
Re: Most Dangerous Drugs Produced In Anambra –NDLEA by FKO81(m): 7:27am On Jun 29, 2015
OduaVanguard:

Mehn, ffvck you cheesy Wetin you wan talk about SW wey your people never already flog to death here already? If to say na Osun matter now dis thread go reach 100 pages. Abeg go and hang yourself boy. Anambra is just as bad if not worse than other Nigerian states.
ffvck your parent first before I learn how to fvck myself, I hope you will not call the mod when I start?
Re: Most Dangerous Drugs Produced In Anambra –NDLEA by OduaVanguard: 7:30am On Jun 29, 2015
FKO81:

ffvck your parent first before I learn how to fvck myself, I hope you will not call the mod when I start?

Lol. Mumu like you. I don't need to run to any mod. I'll just leave the Imo Mafia to treat your ffvck up, after all you loud-mouthed Anambra people have lately been attacking and accusing Imo people of producing more prostitutes than other Nigerians combined. They will soon feast on this thread and make minced-meat of your drug-trafficking lot. I can bet even you are a drug-trafficking/sniffing junkie. Lol. cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Dangerous Drugs Produced In Anambra –NDLEA by JohnFrankling(m): 7:33am On Jun 29, 2015
That's a good development but arrest the kingpins too, kashamu's case comes to my mind

1 Like

Re: Most Dangerous Drugs Produced In Anambra –NDLEA by OduaVanguard: 7:35am On Jun 29, 2015
JohnFrankling:
That's a good development but arrest the kingpins too, kashamu's case comes to my mind
I agree. I suspect that all those much-touted Anambra "billionaires" are the kingpins you speak of. cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Most Dangerous Drugs Produced In Anambra –NDLEA by FKO81(m): 7:42am On Jun 29, 2015
OduaVanguard:
NDLEA vows to rid Ekiti drug peddlers 20:33 11/02/2015 Ekiti - The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, Ekiti State Command, on Wednesday expressed its determination to rid the state of drug peddling and abuse. The agency said all those who indulged in drug peddling would be arrested and prosecuted. The Public Relations Officers of the Agency, Mr Peter Njoku, disclosed this in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Ado-Ekiti. Njoku said that officers and men of the agency had been combing the nooks and crannies of the state to arrest anyone found selling hard drugs, Indian hemp and other illicit herbs. Also read: 30 drug peddlers arrested in Adamawa He said that men of the command had arrested some people, including men, youths and motorcyclists for allegedly taking and selling Indian hemp. He also said that the agency had been sensitising residents of the state on dangers of taking hard drugs. The NDLEA spokesman warned those cultivating farm lands of Cannabis and selling drugs to desist or face prosecution. He appealed to land owners, landlords and residents in the state to give information on the hideout of drug peddlers in the area. - NAN

3 Likes

Re: Most Dangerous Drugs Produced In Anambra –NDLEA by Nobody: 7:45am On Jun 29, 2015
Guy u no well ooo... grin grin
chudidonas:
Re: Most Dangerous Drugs Produced In Anambra –NDLEA by ApcSucks: 7:46am On Jun 29, 2015
dhardline:
Breaking Bad

LoL
Re: Most Dangerous Drugs Produced In Anambra –NDLEA by rawtouch: 7:46am On Jun 29, 2015
Crazy scientists
Re: Most Dangerous Drugs Produced In Anambra –NDLEA by gratiaeo(m): 7:46am On Jun 29, 2015
I Will Better Do Drug than Ritual Killing South Wasters are shameless

2 Likes

Re: Most Dangerous Drugs Produced In Anambra –NDLEA by JohnFrankling(m): 7:47am On Jun 29, 2015
OduaVanguard:

I agree. I suspect that all those much-touted Anambra "billionaires" are the kingpins you speak of. cheesy
its not only them Kashamu and all those that have any Drug related case should be arrested even if na Tinubu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Most Dangerous Drugs Produced In Anambra –NDLEA by Macelliot(m): 7:48am On Jun 29, 2015
omoelesa:
Land of d rising crime
While Ogun state is the home of Ritualist... Ogun State, the Ritualist haven
Re: Most Dangerous Drugs Produced In Anambra –NDLEA by OduaVanguard: 7:50am On Jun 29, 2015
JohnFrankling:
its not only them Kashamu and all those that have any Drug related case should be arrested even if na Tinubu

I agree, if NDLEA has a case on Tinubu, Kashamu, whoever you be (not coz you or myself think so) , they should be arrested and prosecuted accordingly. Do you have any proof against Tinubu? If you do NDLEA is your friend. grin

4 Likes

Re: Most Dangerous Drugs Produced In Anambra –NDLEA by FKO81(m): 7:54am On Jun 29, 2015
NDLEA arrests 84 suspects with 2,633kg of Indian hemp in Ogun o

By Daud Olatunji

ABEOKUTA—Ogun State command of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA, has arrested 84 suspects with cannabis sativa, otherwise known as Indian hemp, between January and June this year.

The sector commander of the agency in the state, Balla Fagae, disclosed this in Abeokuta after a roadshow organised by the agency in collaboration with other sister security agencies to mark this year’s World Drug Day.

Fagae explained that the command found 2,633 kilograms of Indian hemp and 35 kilograms of psychotropic substance with the suspects.

He further said that of the 84 suspects, the command had been able to secure 18 convictions in all the cases charged to court, while 30 of such cases were still pending at the Federal High Court.

He said: “Between January and June, NDLEA, Ogun State command has been able to arrest 84 culprits from whom we have been able to make drugs seizure totalling 2,633 kilograms of Indian hemp majorly, 35 kilograms of psychotropic substance.’’

Speaking on the strategy adopted by the command to reduce the rate at which cannabis sativa was being planted in the state, Fagae said: “We have embarked on Operation Weed Out, where we moved into the forest reserves where these drugs are cultivated, destroyed such before they are ripe for harvest because it will be difficult to be able to curtail such drugs if allowed to be transported into the city.”
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/ndlea-arrests-84-suspects-with-2633kg-of-indian-hemp-in-ogun/

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Osun Pensioners In Fresh Protest Over Non Payment Of Pensions, Gratuities / Biafrans Finish Governor Wike Online -funny Pictures / Peter Obi, Shina Pellet At Obi Cubana's Mom Burial In Oba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.