Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,636 members, 7,820,227 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:50 AM

HELP!!! I Need Help On How To Battle Depression - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / HELP!!! I Need Help On How To Battle Depression (831 Views)

Lagos Drivers Devise New Ways To Battle Lastma,touts ( Photo) / 7 Ways to battle depression / Anxiety And Depression Advice Thread (share whatever bothering you) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HELP!!! I Need Help On How To Battle Depression by gentlesoulx(m): 4:03pm On Jun 29, 2015
Am currently going through a series of not so good times , thus am feeling depressed and I am having silly thought, I want to change my mood but at the moment I can't seem to cheer myself up.

I would really like someone who has gone through something similar to please tell me how I can leave this depressed state of mind.
Re: HELP!!! I Need Help On How To Battle Depression by buygala(m): 4:05pm On Jun 29, 2015
Have lots of sex smiley

Avoid idleness

Become a die-hard Barcelona fan grin

finally

NEVER SUPPORT ARSENAL sad
Re: HELP!!! I Need Help On How To Battle Depression by kinibigdeal(m): 4:10pm On Jun 29, 2015
Stress and over-thinking is the major factor contributing to depression. If you can suppress the two, you are ok
Re: HELP!!! I Need Help On How To Battle Depression by yomi007k(m): 4:40pm On Jun 29, 2015
I have been in that state myself n I know it can be bad.

The earlier u fight it, d better for u. These were some things I actually did

1. Work
2. Play games
3. Exercise
4. Go out- dont need to buy or pay for things.
5. Internet
6. Help ppl- e.g I helped young n elderly when need be.

Just be Busy. And wen ur strong make sure u don't fall back into depression.
Re: HELP!!! I Need Help On How To Battle Depression by Hero10001: 4:41pm On Jun 29, 2015
Eat lots of peanuts..
Re: HELP!!! I Need Help On How To Battle Depression by graciousolo(m): 4:56pm On Jun 29, 2015
Accompanied with all these 'advices'

VERY IMPORTANTLY
Visit a counsellor a psychologist most preferably.

Find one, I'm a Psychology major and I know how important it is talking to a mental health professional in this type of situation.

Not quite long ago(about 3months ago) I fell into depression. Merely talking to a counsellor, I was able to pull myself together and was ready to fight again.(even though the problem wasn't solved at that time).

Talk therapy can really help...There is an underlying factor to ur depression and if it can be figured out and talked about, Then the journey to moving on begins...

Finally, u should know that depression is not a joke-It's one of the world's highest killers.
Re: HELP!!! I Need Help On How To Battle Depression by achinaboy(m): 7:13pm On Jun 29, 2015
before we give certain advice,we need to ask the person,where do u live,and what do u do as job,,because that could help a lot,,egg,a jobless man that lives in face me I face u, who is seriously looking for some change to pay his next rent,should'nt be told to go and seek a psychology help,,just saying

(1) (Reply)

Look At The Chinese Message Mtn Sent To Me (pictures) / See The Full Profile Of Nigeria's 1st Female Police PRO, Ag.ACP Olabisi Kolawole / What Make We Humans Lie A Lot?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.