Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,592 members, 7,823,577 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:55 AM

Nigerians Don’t Want Nigeria To Progress - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Don’t Want Nigeria To Progress (853 Views)

Why The North Will Never Allow Nigeria To Progress / Nigerians Don’t Need Counselling To Reject APC In 2019 – Fayose / Many Countries Want Nigeria To Break Up Because Of Envy – NLC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Don’t Want Nigeria To Progress by Afam4eva(m): 5:58pm On Jun 29, 2015
I have followed politics actively for about 10 years of my life and if there is something I have noticed, it is that, contrary to what people think, Nigerians don’t want Nigeria to progress. We had an election with the electorate pitching their tent with their preferred presidential candidates for whatever reason, whether rightly or wrongly. An election was conducted and a winner by the name of Buhari emerged. One would have expected the right thinking Nigerians who had badmouthed him whether rightly or wrongly, to give up and support him for the betterment of Nigeria but trust Nigerians to take the hate a notch higher by castigating every action that the president takes. I noticed the same thing with Jonathan’s haters just few months after he assumed the saddle of leadership. These characters are praying and hoping fervently that the president fails, so that we can hear the ever popular retort of reminder “Shebi I told you”.

This guy has barely been in office for one month and his campaign mantra was one of change and despite the fact that I didn’t buy the whole change shebang that the APC presented, I kinda had the belief that BUhari had something in him to make even if it’s a minimal change. I’m eagerly waiting for him to name his cabinet but I’m not so much in a hurry because I don’t know what he has up his sleeves. Let’s just stay calm and allow him work. Atleast after 6 to 12 months, we can start appraising his progress. Until then, let’s stop acting like uneducated spoiled children whose toys have been taken from them. If you love Nigeria like you claim, give this nigga a chance to prove himself. If he fails, we will all keep him out like we did by Jonathan but if he succeeds, our country will be better for it.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians Don’t Want Nigeria To Progress by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jun 29, 2015
Okay.
The court has taken judicial notice.
Re: Nigerians Don’t Want Nigeria To Progress by temitemi1(m): 6:00pm On Jun 29, 2015
God Bless Nigeria!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Don’t Want Nigeria To Progress by kay1one2(m): 6:01pm On Jun 29, 2015
We are like Nigerian parents. We teach by scolding. wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Don’t Want Nigeria To Progress by denko(m): 6:06pm On Jun 29, 2015
Buhari will never do any meaningful thing without scolding
Re: Nigerians Don’t Want Nigeria To Progress by CallPolice: 6:11pm On Jun 29, 2015
Scolding unnecessarily?

denko:
Buhari will never do any meaningful thing without scolding
Re: Nigerians Don’t Want Nigeria To Progress by nigerdeltaa(m): 6:15pm On Jun 29, 2015
wake up. there is nothing like Nigerians

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Don’t Want Nigeria To Progress by goodgate: 6:36pm On Jun 29, 2015
Afam4eva:
I have followed politics actively for about 10 years of my life and if there is something I have noticed, it is that, contrary to what people think, Nigerians don’t want Nigeria to progress. We had an election with the electorate pitching their tent with their preferred presidential candidates for whatever reason, whether rightly or wrongly. An election was conducted and a winner by the name of Buhari emerged. One would have expected the right thinking Nigerians who had badmouthed him whether rightly or wrongly, to give up and support him for the betterment of Nigeria but trust Nigerians to take the hate a notch higher by castigating every action that the president takes. I noticed the same thing with Jonathan’s haters just few months after he assumed the saddle of leadership. These characters are praying and hoping fervently that the president fails, so that we can hear the ever popular retort of reminder “Shebi I told you”.

This guy has barely been in office for one month and his campaign mantra was one of change and despite the fact that I didn’t buy the whole change shebang that the APC presented, I kinda had the belief that BUhari had something in him to make even if it’s a minimal change. I’m eagerly waiting for him to name his cabinet but I’m not so much in a hurry because I don’t know what he has up his sleeves. Let’s just stay calm and allow him work. Atleast after 6 to 12 months, we can start appraising his progress. Until then, let’s stop acting like uneducated spoiled children whose toys have been taken from them. If you love Nigeria like you claim, give this nigga a chance to prove himself. If he fails, we will all keep him out like we did by Jonathan but if he succeeds, our country will be better for it.
GOOD ONE!!! You are One Right Thinking Nigerian.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Don’t Want Nigeria To Progress by oduastates: 6:39pm On Jun 29, 2015
Mr Afam4eva,
Buhari's success or failure will not be determined by the number of people and the number of times he is bad- mouthed.
It will be determined by his own actions .
A citizen expressing his misgivings does not mean he wants him to fail.
The sheer number of dishonest post, lies and articles online also means that the onus is on buhari to write the narrative with openness and truthfulness.
Doing nothing when some dishonest persons are posting lies online is foolish.
If at all , you should be complaining about the wardrobe allowance and how Nigerians are not doing anything at a time when they should have put the National Assembly under siege.
If you asked me , I would probably vote to scrap the National Assembly altogether and make do with a council of Chiefs( traditional rulers) .
At least traditional rulers have their thrones on the line.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Don’t Want Nigeria To Progress by Flets: 6:41pm On Jun 29, 2015
Buhari's performance is not dependent on the number of social media supporters or critics.... he should get to work.

However your statement might be true for a fair society but definitely not Nigeria. We are fundamentally flawed along regional and religious lines, ethnocentrism is our bane of coexistence and our patriotism ends in our regions.....

Until we embrace federalism, it can only get worse.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Don’t Want Nigeria To Progress by LoveMachine(m): 6:42pm On Jun 29, 2015
major props OP!
Re: Nigerians Don’t Want Nigeria To Progress by Optional2(f): 6:46pm On Jun 29, 2015
Ok
Re: Nigerians Don’t Want Nigeria To Progress by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jun 29, 2015
op...kindly remove the 'n' word from your post. It is demeaning and insulting to the office of the President of Nigeria.

I'd advice against using it at all considering its racist origins.
Re: Nigerians Don’t Want Nigeria To Progress by socialmediaman: 6:48pm On Jun 29, 2015
OP don't judge by what you see on nairaland, the people fueling this bad-mouthing are paid party supporters, their aim is to convince the unsuspecting people to think the government is no good just like GEJs. Their interest is simple; they want relevance. They have little or nothing to lose if this government succeeds, afterall the party will keep paying them to keep up their opposition, but they have all to gain if their party comes back to power. So do not be deceived, majority of Nigerians are not online, they're simply yearning for good governance that will benefit them, the ones being antagonistic are the party agents and supporters.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Don’t Want Nigeria To Progress by baralatie(m): 7:00pm On Jun 29, 2015
CBC:Lai Mohammed and the APC
Re: Nigerians Don’t Want Nigeria To Progress by Mamaflex(f): 7:07pm On Jun 29, 2015
Bless you brother. Some of the Tanoid here are people who lost in one way or the other (job, contract, appointment) as a result of this administration. They are so pained.
Re: Nigerians Don’t Want Nigeria To Progress by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jun 29, 2015
dissent and criticism are the hallmarks of democracy and APC thrived on it. The goal post can not change because APC is in power.

It is up to Buhari to prove his critics wrong.

I make no appologies when I say I will not be disappointed if Buhari fails because I really don't expect much from him.

Those who came to the conclusion that 2015 Nigeria cant do better than a 72year old former dictator should check into the nearest psychiatry

the North is full of people that could have made a modern President. It did not have to be Buhari
Re: Nigerians Don’t Want Nigeria To Progress by omenka(m): 7:38pm On Jun 29, 2015
Afam4eva, stop wasting your time. We are who we are. I don't think any amount of persuasion and cajoling would change our mindset.
Re: Nigerians Don’t Want Nigeria To Progress by PedroJP(m): 8:39pm On Jun 29, 2015
Afam4eva:
I . If he fails, we will all keep him out like we did by Jonathan but if he succeeds, our country will be better for it.

This is where Nigerians are making a big mistake. So u think ur vote counted and will ever count when we have the world known master rigger in our country.
Re: Nigerians Don’t Want Nigeria To Progress by amtalkin(f): 9:00pm On Jun 29, 2015
The same happen to GEJ
even after Nigeria was declared the biggest economy in Africa some haters didn't see any good thing out of it.

you don't expect a core GEJ supporters to clap for Buhari its not done.

that Naija politics for you
Re: Nigerians Don’t Want Nigeria To Progress by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 9:04pm On Jun 29, 2015
This guy has barely been in office for one month and his campaign mantra was one of change and despite the fact that I didn’t buy the whole change

@Afam4eva

You called our President this guy and wants me to exonerate you from his antagonists

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Don’t Want Nigeria To Progress by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jun 29, 2015
Progress to the north? I laugh in Arabic, exactly what they did to GEJ is what they will get. Nigeria progress indeed

(1) (Reply)

Beware Of War! See How Little Children Suffered (photo) / How The Mighty Have Fallen! - Buhari Laments State Of Nigeria's Military / How Cannibis Can Save The North.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.