Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,511 members, 7,812,587 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:45 PM

Supreme Court Order Removal Of Ten Commandments Monument From State Capitol - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supreme Court Order Removal Of Ten Commandments Monument From State Capitol (3487 Views)

Ambode Places Permanent Ban On VIO Officials, FRSC From State Roads / Nnamdi Kanu Disobeys Court Order,Appears In The Presence Of More Than 10 People / NNPC Engineers Mount GPS Monument As Search For Oil In The North Intensifies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Supreme Court Order Removal Of Ten Commandments Monument From State Capitol by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jun 30, 2015
Ten Commandments monument must be removed from grounds of state Capitol, the Oklahoma Supreme Court ruled Tuesday

The Ten Commandments monument must be removed from the grounds of the state Capitol, the Oklahoma Supreme Court ruled Tuesday.

In a 7-2 opinion the Supreme Court found the placement of the monument on the grounds of the state Capitol violate Article 2, Section 5, of the Oklahoma Constitution which prohibits the use of public money or property to directly or indirectly benefit a “church denomination or system of religion.”

Source: http://newsok.com/article/5430792?utm_source=NewsOK.com&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=NIC-Facebook

Please check my signature too. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Order Removal Of Ten Commandments Monument From State Capitol by HungerBAD: 5:00pm On Jun 30, 2015
I am a Christian and also want the separation of religion and state.

Nice one Court.

5 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Order Removal Of Ten Commandments Monument From State Capitol by Minet16(m): 5:01pm On Jun 30, 2015
b
Re: Supreme Court Order Removal Of Ten Commandments Monument From State Capitol by INFROVERT: 5:02pm On Jun 30, 2015
yup
Re: Supreme Court Order Removal Of Ten Commandments Monument From State Capitol by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jun 30, 2015
Good!
Re: Supreme Court Order Removal Of Ten Commandments Monument From State Capitol by paragon40(m): 5:04pm On Jun 30, 2015
prayer warriors over to u....
Re: Supreme Court Order Removal Of Ten Commandments Monument From State Capitol by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jun 30, 2015
May God help us all. The rate America is going now is worrisome. We pray for God's help.

3 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Order Removal Of Ten Commandments Monument From State Capitol by Tolexander: 5:26pm On Jun 30, 2015
Some people will come to start shouting anti-christ!

As if the unsettlement in the world isn't majorly caused and fuelled by religions.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Order Removal Of Ten Commandments Monument From State Capitol by MrFairplay4ume(m): 5:27pm On Jun 30, 2015
And some dudes will shout America is a Christian country. America is epicenter of anything but religion in the world

3 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Order Removal Of Ten Commandments Monument From State Capitol by denedene(m): 5:27pm On Jun 30, 2015
america shaaa! recreating sodom n Gomorrah since 1550
Re: Supreme Court Order Removal Of Ten Commandments Monument From State Capitol by Vanityupnvanity(m): 5:50pm On Jun 30, 2015
I have a dream that one day a "terrorist" will rule america
Re: Supreme Court Order Removal Of Ten Commandments Monument From State Capitol by zenith4biz(m): 5:59pm On Jun 30, 2015
America trying hard to remove any related to God,,,,, truly the fall is imminent

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Order Removal Of Ten Commandments Monument From State Capitol by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jun 30, 2015
zenith4biz:
America trying hard to remove any related to God,,,,, truly the fall is imminent
true. God remains God no matter Americans think.

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Order Removal Of Ten Commandments Monument From State Capitol by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jun 30, 2015
denedene:
america shaaa! recreating sodom n Gomorrah since 1550
Re: Supreme Court Order Removal Of Ten Commandments Monument From State Capitol by Masterclass32: 7:17pm On Jun 30, 2015
Just sad
Re: Supreme Court Order Removal Of Ten Commandments Monument From State Capitol by Emyben(m): 8:14pm On Jun 30, 2015
I really dont understand America again. They pride themselves as a nation founded on Christian principles yet there is nothing Christian about them.

4 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Order Removal Of Ten Commandments Monument From State Capitol by richidinho(m): 8:15pm On Jun 30, 2015
Hope if same is done to my brother musa's religion, there won't be war

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Order Removal Of Ten Commandments Monument From State Capitol by philGeo(m): 8:18pm On Jun 30, 2015
Ok

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Order Removal Of Ten Commandments Monument From State Capitol by phyllosilicate(m): 8:31pm On Jun 30, 2015
HungerBAD:
I am a Christian and also want the separation of politics and state.

Nice one Court.

I am not a Christian, but how have the monument been affecting the politics?

4 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Order Removal Of Ten Commandments Monument From State Capitol by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jun 30, 2015
The US is no longer God's own country

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Order Removal Of Ten Commandments Monument From State Capitol by phyllosilicate(m): 8:37pm On Jun 30, 2015
richidinho:
Hope if same is done to my brother musa's religion, there won't be war

Instead of you to address issues, you are pointing at others. On the guise of secularism, christianity as been so watered down that if you resurate a christian that leaved 200 years ago, he wouldn't be able to recognise it.

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Order Removal Of Ten Commandments Monument From State Capitol by EdCure: 8:40pm On Jun 30, 2015
God deliver and restore America from this army of ultra-liberals and anti-christs.

4 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Order Removal Of Ten Commandments Monument From State Capitol by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jun 30, 2015
EdCure:
God deliver and restore America from this army of ultra-liberals and anti-christs.
Amen
Re: Supreme Court Order Removal Of Ten Commandments Monument From State Capitol by MythAngel: 10:21pm On Jun 30, 2015
EdCure:
You need candle, perfume, white clothes and incense? ... Why not go fast on top of the hill? .... Africans sha ... With your ways of praying . African esp Naija should have been a paradise but it seems the so called deceit only their to fuel lies and to dampen the reasoning of people.... Am not in support of America , but the same time this people have come to realize the evil under most religions and they ripping away the clogs.. Sadly the true religion they won't heed to know

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Order Removal Of Ten Commandments Monument From State Capitol by ifyan(m): 11:20pm On Jun 30, 2015
Seriously religious should be separated from politics at some point but not in this.
Re: Supreme Court Order Removal Of Ten Commandments Monument From State Capitol by omenka(m): 11:25pm On Jun 30, 2015
Here we go again. Those of you criticising, tell me, how much more righteous is Nigeria where I believe there are the most number of churches per square kilometres in the world?

#Hypocrisy.

4 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Order Removal Of Ten Commandments Monument From State Capitol by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jun 30, 2015
God knows I'm here just to make money, get sufficient education and run back to NAIJA sharpally before they make "gayism" mandatory.

Nyash dey naturally pain me to sh1t, God knows how the pain go be when one 1diot put his dicke in it.

God forbid bad thing. Tufia angry
Re: Supreme Court Order Removal Of Ten Commandments Monument From State Capitol by IlekeHD: 11:40pm On Jun 30, 2015
Yassssssssssssss cool cool cool cool

I hope they remove all confederate flags too.

Remove religion and remove racism! I support!
Re: Supreme Court Order Removal Of Ten Commandments Monument From State Capitol by dor75: 12:40am On Jul 01, 2015
phyllosilicate:

I am not a Christian, but how have the monument been affecting the politics?

Unfortunately those are the people making things go pear shaped the so call pretenders calling them self Christians.
Re: Supreme Court Order Removal Of Ten Commandments Monument From State Capitol by blonker1: 1:08am On Jul 01, 2015
USA is going down to Egypt. How has the mighty fallen.
Re: Supreme Court Order Removal Of Ten Commandments Monument From State Capitol by Opinedecandid(m): 1:17am On Jul 01, 2015
Brother Obama, you are gradually handing over The States to Satan, the devil.

Could Christians, true Christians in USA rise to the occasion and pray earnestly for their beloved country?

Why is lucifer fighting tooth and nail everywhere to make his heinous statements.

Let's all rise and remind that hell-bound destroyer that the earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof.

We have a duty to enforce our victory in Christ in this world.

Cheer up believers, the end of this battle had already been decided in our favour.

Bastard devil!

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Order Removal Of Ten Commandments Monument From State Capitol by bigboss80s(m): 1:34am On Jul 01, 2015
HungerBAD:
I am a Christian and also want the separation of politics and state.

Nice one Court.

You mean "separation of religion and state."

5 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Revealed!!!! Lagos Explosion Not Caused By Refrigerator. / Pics Of Biafra Advancing To Awka Few Hours Before Obiano Flee Government House / FG Sets Aside N940 Million For Grazing Reserves

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.