Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,711 members, 7,809,698 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:27 PM

Pictures Of Imo State University's Beautiful "Love Garden" - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Pictures Of Imo State University's Beautiful "Love Garden" (52490 Views)

Herd Of Cattle Invade Kogi State University (Photos) / See Photos Of The Ongoing Project Of FUTO Reunion/love Garden. / Students Of Imo State University Protest Over Closure Of School By Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Imo State University's Beautiful "Love Garden" by outstandinglyme(m): 1:26am On Jul 01, 2015
Dollyak:
Nigerian buildings and environment are so uninspiring.
Forget about the buildings, this is what a university environment should look like.
don't lie ooh.....if you were there would you feel like graduating and coming back to naija

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Imo State University's Beautiful "Love Garden" by Rhoteabarca(m): 1:50am On Jul 01, 2015
UI love Garden stands out!
Re: Pictures Of Imo State University's Beautiful "Love Garden" by imsuboi(m): 1:51am On Jul 01, 2015
elohorayodele:
@ imsuboi : i hope its not open at night?

It is cheesy
Re: Pictures Of Imo State University's Beautiful "Love Garden" by Nobody: 2:54am On Jul 01, 2015
Ptui! Mediocre. I don't want no mediocre! angry lipsrsealed cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Pictures Of Imo State University's Beautiful "Love Garden" by dwayni: 6:00am On Jul 01, 2015
No offense but that shittt looks like dog do park to me. The grass in my backyard look way better and fed.
Re: Pictures Of Imo State University's Beautiful "Love Garden" by chinkichun: 7:06am On Jul 01, 2015
docphresh:
In UNIBEN where I cum from we don't have Love garden, what we have is LOVE GUTTER!!

Orchard is our unofficial love garden.
Re: Pictures Of Imo State University's Beautiful "Love Garden" by Nobody: 7:13am On Jul 01, 2015
ino see anything special and beautiful here na, see the grass self undecided undecided pikin wey neva comot him papa house go think say na him papa house fine pass grin shioooor
Re: Pictures Of Imo State University's Beautiful "Love Garden" by Octaves(m): 7:42am On Jul 01, 2015
Gurgle:

foreign styles of architecture tend to evolve with age. for example 50 years ago universities in Britain used bricks but now they tend to feature glass and metal in a lot of their work

I think the soul and creativity you talk about could be done here if the need for that was properly emphasised during the planning stage. but because of urgency the primary goal is to churn out any kind of building, no matter how it looks
that's the problem. they don't take it seriously here. that's why even some government buildings look like a secondary schl hostel block. we need to start emphasising on aesthetics.
Re: Pictures Of Imo State University's Beautiful "Love Garden" by Gurgle(f): 8:18am On Jul 01, 2015
Octaves:
that's the problem. they don't take it seriously here. that's why even some government buildings look like a secondary schl hostel block. we need to start emphasising on aesthetics.

yeah I think theyre just trying to finish the building before the money *cough* "disappears"

its a shame though. i'm pretty sure houses, schools, universities, libraries and government secretariats aren't supposed to look similar undecided where did we even get that design from self
Re: Pictures Of Imo State University's Beautiful "Love Garden" by gidjah(m): 8:35am On Jul 01, 2015
uzolexis:

Decency is very relative. That's the problem with Nigerian society, we feel we have a high sense of morality but we lack it in every way. I did my 1st degree in Nigeria n now i'm doing my masters abroad. The difference is very clear,nobody bugs students about what they wear because it's a university n it's an institution 4 adults,nobody has d right 2 dictate 2 u what u wear but the more important things wc is academics n morals is visible here. Everyone respects everybody whether lecturer or student, lecturers come on time 4 their classes n r readily available 4 consultation, when u work hard u get d result of ur hardwork, no stupid lecturer can victimise u cos he doesn't like u or he wants to have sex with u, no cultism, u can go out n come back whatever time u like n nobody will harass or molest you. This is the definition of morality and not making stu.pid dress codes in an institution full of cultist n stu.pid lecturers.
aunty ,I didn't only did my masters in UK, I also lived there for a pretty Long time , decency is thrown up into d air big time, do we have rape cases there too or not? may be you should know that your culture is far apart ftom theirs!they are only selkibg their own cukture to you, while they dorminate yoy with mental slavery , i sure know people like you, your parents sent you to school, with good culture and ethics, but you come back home with foreign loosed culture of wanna wanna this ,wanna that,gonna go here, wanna come there bla bla bla bla!! if the white man has succeded in selling his cheap but awkward and loosed culture of unclothedness to u ,young Lady, the white man never succeeded in brainwashing me into buying that!!i know most of my guys over there still living there messed up with a strange way of living,no value for God and parents courtesy of your mr Exposure!abegi spare us o!most of us lived there once,but came right back to develop our nation,And by d grace of God , it shall be well done. once again if the white man has succeded in selling his cheap nude and rude culture to y, Me lived there for 8yrs and i couldnt buy it oooo!!!
Re: Pictures Of Imo State University's Beautiful "Love Garden" by Ezyoung(m): 8:53am On Jul 01, 2015
Me chilling

Re: Pictures Of Imo State University's Beautiful "Love Garden" by Gurgle(f): 8:57am On Jul 01, 2015
gidjah:
aunty ,I didn't only did my masters in UK, I also lived there for a pretty Long time , decency is thrown up into d air big time, do we have rape cases there too or not? may be you should know that your culture is far apart ftom theirs!they are only selkibg their own cukture to you, while they dorminate yoy with mental slavery , i sure know people like you, your parents sent you to school, with good culture and ethics, but you come back home with foreign loosed culture of wanna wanna this ,wanna that,gonna go here, wanna come there bla bla bla bla!! if the white man has succeded in selling his cheap but awkward and loosed culture of unclothedness to u ,young Lady, the white man never succeeded in brainwashing me into buying that!!i know most of my guys over there still living there messed up with a strange way of living,no value for God and parents courtesy of your mr Exposure!abegi spare us o!most of us lived there once,but came right back to develop our nation,And by d grace of God , it shall be well done. once again if the white man has succeded in selling his cheap nude and rude culture to y, Me lived there for 8yrs and i couldnt buy it oooo !!!

what is rude about it? just out of interest?

what was so bad about the culture that you couldn't stand it?
Re: Pictures Of Imo State University's Beautiful "Love Garden" by studbobby: 9:05am On Jul 01, 2015
the sch is so fine
Re: Pictures Of Imo State University's Beautiful "Love Garden" by Nobody: 9:07am On Jul 01, 2015
Truth is hard to swallow

[quote author=icekoko post=35338046][/quote]
Re: Pictures Of Imo State University's Beautiful "Love Garden" by Nobody: 9:09am On Jul 01, 2015
F**k. Ursef too, hit ur head on. A stone if it hurts. Dt much bt I spoke my mind cuz itts the truth imbercile

urchmanx:

Your an as**hole for this comment. Go f**k your self. Id***t
Re: Pictures Of Imo State University's Beautiful "Love Garden" by uzolexis(f): 9:14am On Jul 01, 2015
gidjah:
aunty ,I didn't only did my masters in UK, I also lived there for a pretty Long time , decency is thrown up into d air big time, do we have rape cases there too or not? may be you should know that your culture is far apart ftom theirs!they are only selkibg their own cukture to you, while they dorminate yoy with mental slavery , i sure know people like you, your parents sent you to school, with good culture and ethics, but you come back home with foreign loosed culture of wanna wanna this ,wanna that,gonna go here, wanna come there bla bla bla bla!! if the white man has succeded in selling his cheap but awkward and loosed culture of unclothedness to u ,young Lady, the white man never succeeded in brainwashing me into buying that!!i know most of my guys over there still living there messed up with a strange way of living,no value for God and parents courtesy of your mr Exposure!abegi spare us o!most of us lived there once,but came right back to develop our nation,And by d grace of God , it shall be well done. once again if the white man has succeded in selling his cheap nude and rude culture to y, Me lived there for 8yrs and i couldnt buy it oooo!!!

My friend u know nothing about me so quit ur judgemental BS. Go back n read ur history son,we were the ones that taught the white man unclothedness n not the other way round. when the white man came 2 Africa,they were heavily clothed n we were almost naked. it's our culture not theirs and that's cos our weather does not permit heavy clothing now we r the ones with the holier than thou attitude. If u r of the opinion that pple's clothing should be regulated in a university environment then i'm sorry 2 say this u r not the kind of development Nigeria needs,we need rational pple with the right mentality. We have more pressing issues 2 worry about than what pple wear in the university.
PS-we also have a lot of rape cases here in Nigeria but a lot of them go unreported cos pple like u will blame the woman for wearing shorts or walking alone at night etc.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Imo State University's Beautiful "Love Garden" by lagabush(m): 9:34am On Jul 01, 2015
Let Them Go.Any You Do That Add No Value To Your Life Met Gt Go.It May Be Your Relationship Or Any Other ThingS. Just Learn How To Let It Go.It Will Let You Realise That It Dead That Need To Let Go Of It.Just Let Them Go.
Re: Pictures Of Imo State University's Beautiful "Love Garden" by kamnene(f): 10:54am On Jul 01, 2015
Serene indeed!
Re: Pictures Of Imo State University's Beautiful "Love Garden" by gidjah(m): 10:56am On Jul 01, 2015
uzolexis:

My friend u know nothing about me so quit ur judgemental BS. Go back n read ur history son,we were the ones that taught the white man unclothedness n not the other way round. when the white man came 2 Africa,they were heavily clothed n we were almost naked. it's our culture not theirs and that's cos our weather does not permit heavy clothing now we r the ones with the holier than thou attitude. If u r of the opinion that pple's clothing should be regulated in a university environment then i'm sorry 2 say this u r not the kind of development Nigeria needs,we need rational pple with the right mentality. We have more pressing issues 2 worry about than what pple wear in the university.
PS-we also have a lot of rape cases here in Nigeria but a lot of them go unreported cos pple like u will blame the woman for wearing shorts or walking alone at night etc.
once again, if the white man succeeded in selling his culture of' modernisation' to you simpltbecause you went to spend just about 2yrs in his land, then the white MAN couldn't do that to me despite my 8+yrs I spent in his land. I shall love o have this kind of discussion with your amiable father who sent you to the oyinbos man land , may be he will see some sense in my post, rather than continue in this discuss with some lil milk and bread /buttered girl, who is carried away by d oyinbos MAN way of life and chooses to sell out her God given , prideful and honest way of life she inherited. I shall not reply or quote you over this matter again since your sense of modesty and reasoning have been so beclouded by your so called exposed life style. our unclothed culture of old wasn't for evil, it was just out of mere ignorance and knowledge, but what you and your friends call civilisation of dress sense is nothing but evil and messy . most of my pastors friend and Islamic scholars who sent their kids over there end up regretting, this was how they all started. a little sleep, a little slumber....If you and your friends are comfortable with what you call this modern sense of dressing, then, i am so sorry girls for your generation,your sense of modesty is in a state of serious COMMA
Re: Pictures Of Imo State University's Beautiful "Love Garden" by uzolexis(f): 11:15am On Jul 01, 2015
gidjah:
once again, if the white man succeeded in selling his culture of' modernisation' to you simpltbecause you went to spend just about 2yrs in his land, then the white MAN couldn't do that to me despite my 8+yrs I spent in his land. I shall love o have this kind of discussion with your amiable father who sent you to the oyinbos man land , may be he will see some sense in my post, rather than continue in this discuss with some lil milk and bread /buttered girl, who is carried away by d oyinbos MAN way of life and chooses to sell out her God given , prideful and honest way of life she inherited. I shall not reply or quote you over this matter again since your sense of modesty and reasoning have been so beclouded by your so called exposed life style. our unclothed culture of old wasn't for evil, it was just out of mere ignorance and knowledge, but what you and your friends call civilisation of dress sense is nothing but evil and messy . most of my pastors friend and Islamic scholars who sent their kids over there end up regretting, this was how they all started. a little sleep, a little slumber....If you and your friends are comfortable with what you call this modern sense of dressing, then, i am so sorry girls for your generation,your sense of modesty is in a state of serious COMMA

I never said our unclothed nature was for evil, i was trying to let u know that it's our culture and not the white man's culture as u said and does the statement "out of ignorance and knowledge" make sense to you cos it doesn't make sense to me. I see you don't have any argument to buttress ur point anymore and you have resorted to insults wc is expected considering ur level of reasoning and i have nothing more to say to you. goodbye.
Re: Pictures Of Imo State University's Beautiful "Love Garden" by shotster50(m): 12:23pm On Jul 01, 2015
T Skirts? Lol the Irony
Re: Pictures Of Imo State University's Beautiful "Love Garden" by ModiKen(m): 12:45pm On Jul 01, 2015
Dollyak:
Nigerian buildings and environment are so uninspiring.
Forget about the buildings, this is what a university environment should look like.

Godbless u.

Na so university suppose be. Not these rubbish arrangement wey dis guy dey show us here.

I skooled at IMSU, I no dey proud of dat university one bit.

Come see skools for here wey I dey now...u go shame for Nigerian universities, especially govt owned ones. We have d money to develop our university infrastructures to international standards.....but corruption has eaten deep into us. No wonder every now and then, u hear of a V.C been accused of embezzling University funds.

OP abeg abeg....there is nothing to b happy or proud abt IMUS' so called "love garden" cos in truth the environment is not comparable to even University of Cape Town or Pretoria let alone those in Europe or United States.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Imo State University's Beautiful "Love Garden" by tesmony(m): 1:58pm On Jul 01, 2015
Gbam i agree wit u guy
Re: Pictures Of Imo State University's Beautiful "Love Garden" by Octaves(m): 5:09pm On Jul 01, 2015
Gurgle:

yeah I think theyre just trying to finish the building before the money *cough* "disappears"

its a shame though. i'm pretty sure houses, schools, universities, libraries and government secretariats aren't supposed to look similar undecided where did we even get that design from self
they 'chop' the money and patch up bland nonsense for us
Re: Pictures Of Imo State University's Beautiful "Love Garden" by Gurgle(f): 5:11pm On Jul 01, 2015
Octaves:
they 'chop' the money and patch up bland nonsense for us

chai! change is on the way sha!
Re: Pictures Of Imo State University's Beautiful "Love Garden" by chesterlee(m): 7:57pm On Jul 01, 2015
uzolexis:
IMSU has dress code shocked shocked shocked this is news to me
this is a university owned by the government for crying out loud,why should they be so strict on dressing

Imsu doesn't have dress code... They only wear dept uniforms on a special day or during exam period

Thank you!
Re: Pictures Of Imo State University's Beautiful "Love Garden" by Xvenus(f): 9:58pm On Jul 01, 2015
uzolexis:

Decency is very relative. That's the problem with Nigerian society, we feel we have a high sense of morality but we lack it in every way. I did my 1st degree in Nigeria n now i'm doing my masters abroad. The difference is very clear,nobody bugs students about what they wear because it's a university n it's an institution 4 adults,nobody has d right 2 dictate 2 u what u wear but the more important things wc is academics n morals is visible here. Everyone respects everybody whether lecturer or student, lecturers come on time 4 their classes n r readily available 4 consultation, when u work hard u get d result of ur hardwork, no stupid lecturer can victimise u cos he doesn't like u or he wants to have sex with u, no cultism, u can go out n come back whatever time u like n nobody will harass or molest you. This is the definition of morality and not making stu.pid dress codes in an institution full of cultist n stu.pid lecturers.

You have a point. But remember that the standards abroad are not the same here. Also, religion, and cultural values rank high in Africa. I was at IMSU when the first rule for dress codes started. Frankly, the lecturers and other students complained that certain attires were very distracting. It also served as a way of checkmating what some people refer to "IMSU Ashawo". I still despise that generalization today.

Western countries have their standards and IMSU has theirs. It's takes a good student to abide by both.
Re: Pictures Of Imo State University's Beautiful "Love Garden" by uzolexis(f): 10:37pm On Jul 01, 2015
Xvenus:

You have a point. But remember that the standards abroad are not the same here. Also, religion, and cultural values rank high in Africa. I was at IMSU when the first rule for dress codes started. Frankly, the lecturers and other students complained that certain attires were very distracting. It also served as a way of checkmating what some people refer to "IMSU Ashawo". I still despise that generalization today.

Western countries have their standards and IMSU has theirs. It's takes a good student to abide by both.

that's the problem, we are too religious but what do we have to show for it? our so called religious values are just superficial cos they dont translate into our actions. I dont need to give examples cos we see this everyday. Also if it's about culture,covering up is not our culture, back in the days our forefathers used to tie wrappers n the women had a small cloth to cover our chest and nothing was wrong with that, that was our culture. our weather is very hot and is not condusive for all the covering up
Re: Pictures Of Imo State University's Beautiful "Love Garden" by uzolexis(f): 10:38pm On Jul 01, 2015
chesterlee:

Imsu doesn't have dress code... They only wear dept uniforms on a special day or during exam period

Thank you!

well,look at all the type of clothes ur not allowed to wear. so what exactly are you allowed to wear then?
Re: Pictures Of Imo State University's Beautiful "Love Garden" by chesterlee(m): 10:45pm On Jul 01, 2015
uzolexis:

well,look at all the type of clothes ur not allowed to wear. so what exactly are you allowed to wear then?

Just dress decently....grin
Re: Pictures Of Imo State University's Beautiful "Love Garden" by OmoEziokwu: 10:46pm On Jul 01, 2015
gidjah:

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Imo State University's Beautiful "Love Garden" by BLINGZ88: 9:37pm On Jul 02, 2015
kendiddy:
4get. The. Hype

Wat. Is the need. Of investing in education in such. A state where. Majority of them prefer making fast money like ritual killings, drug trafficing(e.g the Indonesia expeerience,n armed robbery and kidnappinng
sorry, it is not ur fault

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2013 Federal Government Scholarship Awards For Nigerian Students / Names Of Noise Makers: Do You Remember This??? (pix) / A School Teacher Did This To Your Son,as A Parent What Is Your Next Move ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.