Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,738 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

Want To Give Birth In U.k Axis: Need Help On Hospital - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Want To Give Birth In U.k Axis: Need Help On Hospital (20047 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Want To Give Birth In U.k Axis: Need Help On Hospital by DisGuy: 12:50am On Mar 06, 2009
No easy answer was forth-coming but at a point, l decided that l will play it safe, "join them", since all these successful people cant be that foolish. Huh
make you no join them yet o! them can purchase citizenship or even get better lawyer arrange visa again wink
No one has explained to me, the question l asked about rich folks going-on to give birth abroad? Those that already have everything and more than enough for their "issues" to inherit!

why you no want ask them they're your bosses right?
Re: Want To Give Birth In U.k Axis: Need Help On Hospital by Akolawole(m): 4:32am On Mar 06, 2009
@Poster

People have said it all.

Nigeria will become great again and it will be in our lifetime(amen)

But if you insist on delivering in UK. Mayday hospital seems to be the cheapest in london area for private patient, its in the region of £5,000( normal delivery though). Any extra night cost £400 daily.
Re: Want To Give Birth In U.k Axis: Need Help On Hospital by shapey(f): 9:11am On Mar 06, 2009
Akolawole:

@Poster

People have said it all.

Nigeria will become great again and it will be in our lifetime(amen)

But if you insist on delivering in UK. Mayday hospital seems to be the cheapest in london area for private patient, its in the region of £5,000( normal delivery though). Any extra night cost £400 daily.

HaHA!!!!!!!!!! cheesy cheesy Akolawole!!! YOu be rich man sha!!! You call £5000 cheap?? In this credit crunch and redundancy UK is going through now. The thing is Mayday is not a very good clinic walahi. If she has £5000 to throw away, then she might as well go to better NHS hospitals. I know for a fact that there are better places in 9ja where one can receive very good care. The NHS one around kent is good. There's one at Roehampton-queen mary. It's good but more expensive than Mayday. Are you refering to Mayday Croydon? If yes, then the woman should stay put in 9ja. grin

Have a good day you all. The kind cold wey dey this morning eh, shocked
Re: Want To Give Birth In U.k Axis: Need Help On Hospital by Nobody: 10:09am On Mar 06, 2009
Re: Want To Give Birth In U.k Axis: Need Help On Hospital by Ilelobola: 11:10am On Mar 06, 2009
Last Page

Like someone said before, your colleague must have been born before 31/12/82.

A child born to non national/resident parents since 1st Jan 1983 can obtain citizenship after living in the UK for 10 years since birth (used to be 7 years). I think there's something similar in Ireland, don't know how many years the child needs to be resident there though.

The only ways round this are you either live here illegally yourself or leave your child here for 10 years, basically not choices as far as I’m concerned. I’ve never been an illegal here but from what I see on UK Border Force (a TV programme) it doesn’t seem like a good life and I believer a child has to be with its parent(s) except there are compelling reasons otherwise.

Below is an extract from the UK Border Agency website- http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/britishcitizenship/eligibility/registration/borninuk/

The requirements you need to meet

To register as a British citizen you must:
 have been born in the United Kingdom; and
 have been born on or after 1 January 1983; and
 be 10 years of age or over; and
 have spent no more than 90 days outside the United Kingdom in each of the first 10 years of your life.
It may be possible for us to make an exception to the requirement to have spent fewer than 90 days outside the United Kingdom. If you have exceeded this number of days but believe there are special circumstances, you should explain these on your application form.
Re: Want To Give Birth In U.k Axis: Need Help On Hospital by bigbumper(f): 4:46pm On Mar 06, 2009
@ Lastpages

If she cannot get automatic citizenship because you don't have residency or settled status in the UK, she has 2 choices open to her. Even people who turn up in UK to claim asylum have mouth, talkless of someone who was born in the Country.

Your son or daughter can either register to become a British citizen via the route mentioned by Ilelobola or later apply to naturalise as a citizen. So if you are not ready to spend the next 10 years trying to get yourself an "Aduro", she can always come back anytime and stay however long she wants, and as soon as she is 18, can apply to naturalise, but the only condition for that is that she has to have lived in the UK for 5 years.

Once again, If you don't have time to wait till she is 10, take her back home and as soon as she is 18 years old, let her go to apply for a visa to come to UK, she does not need any immigration officer's permission by virtue of the fact that she was born here, her birth confers her a right of abode and she will also have the right to live and work in the UK without restrictions.

Don't let anyone deter you, you can get loads of NHS hospitals to deliver your baby for around £1,500. And trust me it will be money well spent. Our goal is to pass on as much legacy as possible to our children, and our children's children. . .

Why am I saying "she" sef, I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that I am feeling broody and want a baby girl soooo bad cool
Re: Want To Give Birth In U.k Axis: Need Help On Hospital by megastu(m): 5:03pm On Mar 06, 2009
@poster. Before i tell you my experience, let me assure you that despite the fact that you came from a poor home, you will surely make it in life. When my wife wanted to give birth, i thought about different options. 1. I thought about her giving birth in the U.K, but when i heard how they were turning back pregnant women from the airport, i changed my mind.

2. I wanted to go to South Africa, where an S.A Passport holder could go to several countries(including U.K) but when i realised i could not go to S.A with her because of my work commitments, i changed my mind. At the end of it all, that period she was suppose to give birth that was when they started fighting in S.A. secondly, U.K has now even stopped SA passport holder from entering U.K visa free.

My wife gave birth in Nigeria, and all that money we should have spent in giving birth abroad was spent in buying a lot of things including clothes (lots of it) and we have a very fine, well taken care of child. In December, i, my wife and our child went on vacation abroad and we enjoyed ourselves, even more than people who go to give birth abroad.

Also, monthly we set aside certain amounts in my child's account so on 1st birthday, the child would have been a millionaire.

So you see, you can work very hard in Naija, and enjoy life by travelling on vacations. By the time the child is 18years, he/she would have had a good travel record, and won't be easily denied any visa.

Regards,

Megastu.
Re: Want To Give Birth In U.k Axis: Need Help On Hospital by Ilelobola: 5:36pm On Mar 06, 2009
@ big_bumper

At the risk of seeming to know someone in almost every situation- I know a lot of people!

My brother’s ex-girlfriend was born on the 8th of January 1983 in London and she is not entitled to UK citizenship as she was taken straight back to Nigeria by her parents shortly after her birth. She’s back here now on a student visa and has been studying for 7+ years now and she is still not entitled to UK residency or citizenship until she’s been here legally for 10 years when she can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain. Not because she was born here but because a person born in any country that’s lived here legally for 10 years can make the application; subject to the good character requirements et al.

And the rules keep changing of course.

I agree with Megatsu, an alternative is travelling as frequently as you can with your child and they should be able to get visas easily in future. And who knows what the future holds for Nigeria and the rest of the world.
Re: Want To Give Birth In U.k Axis: Need Help On Hospital by bigbumper(f): 5:42pm On Mar 06, 2009
Ilelobola:

@ big_bumper

At the risk of seeming to know someone in almost every situation- I know a lot of people!

My brother’s ex-girlfriend was born on the 8th of January 1983 in London and she is not entitled to UK citizenship as she was taken straight back to Nigeria by her parents shortly after her birth. She’s back here now on a student visa and has been studying for 7+ years now and she is still not entitled to UK residency or citizenship until she’s been here legally for 10 years when she can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain. Not because she was born here but because a person born in any country that’s lived here legally for 10 years can make the application; subject to the good character requirements et al.

And the rules keep changing of course.

I agree with Megatsu, an alternative is travelling as frequently as you can with your child and they should be able to get visas easily in future. And who knows what the future holds for Nigeria and the rest of the world.

What happened to her right to naturalise from the age of 18 shocked shocked shocked
Re: Want To Give Birth In U.k Axis: Need Help On Hospital by Ilelobola: 5:50pm On Mar 06, 2009
She has no right to naturalise at 18 because there are no such provisions in the Nationality Act.

The only right she would have had was to Registration as a citizen if she had lived here continously for 10 years since birth.
Re: Want To Give Birth In U.k Axis: Need Help On Hospital by Pataki: 6:10pm On Mar 06, 2009
Ilelobola:

She has no right to naturalise at 18 because there are no such provisions in the Nationality Act.

The only right she would have had was to Registration as a citizen if she had lived here continously for 10 years since birth.
Thank you very well said! Who would want to have his/her child here for 10 years under illegal stay. What a psychological depression such a child would face.

A British Birth Certificate DOES NOT equate to a British Passport. To think that some people call themselves educated. undecided

Anyways as it is usually said by the thing. . . . some opinions are arseholes. grin

megastu:

So you see, you can work very hard in Naija, and enjoy life by travelling on vacations. By the time the child is 18years, he/she would have had a good travel record, and won't be easily denied any visa.
At the risk of not sounding pedantic and pessimistic, a good travel record around the world does not correlate to easy visa getting for some countries such as the UK. This is my view. One may have been traveling from one's mothers womb, but if the requirements are not met for the purpose of immigration, it results in a refusal.
Re: Want To Give Birth In U.k Axis: Need Help On Hospital by bigbumper(f): 7:07pm On Mar 06, 2009
Ilelobola:

I beg to differ, she can apply to naturalise and I am quoting from the same British Nationality Act, as amended cool There are always discretion and exception to every rules cool And I am not talking based on friends or people I know cool
Re: Want To Give Birth In U.k Axis: Need Help On Hospital by bigbumper(f): 7:11pm On Mar 06, 2009
Because I am quoting what I gleened from the British Nationality Act 1981 (the law, as in no be dem say dem say), I am glad it has finally sunk into some people's thick skull and it has dawned on them that their opinions stink cool

Some people are just arindi's, as if any one said British birth certificate equated to British passport, it is clearly obvious terms I used like "register as a British citizen" or "naturalise" flew over their empty blockus (sic) head filled with pus cool

1 Like

Re: Want To Give Birth In U.k Axis: Need Help On Hospital by shapey(f): 7:39pm On Mar 06, 2009
@ bigbumper

Why do you like the cool icon?
Re: Want To Give Birth In U.k Axis: Need Help On Hospital by bigbumper(f): 7:43pm On Mar 06, 2009
shapey:

@ bigbumper

Why do you like the cool icon?

Pardon grin grin grin

Hey, I remember you, how's your troublesome sister in law lipsrsealed
Re: Want To Give Birth In U.k Axis: Need Help On Hospital by MrsOyibo(f): 9:21pm On Mar 06, 2009
If you really want to have your baby in the UK and you can afford to pay for private care then I would suggest that you use the Portland Hospital. It is a very reputable place. Click on this link and it will let you know the prices. Bear in mind that having a baby at the Portland is great if your delivery is straight forward, but if you or your baby suffer complications then things can get very expensive.

Of course, the alternative is to have your baby in an NHS hospital. Technically they aren't supposed to help you, but I've never yet known them to turn away anyone about to give birth!

Also, please do remember that all airlines have restrictions as to how far along you are in your pregnancy before they will prevent you from travelling with them. And if you look very very pregnant then there is always the possibility that you will be refused entry to the UK - unless you can prove that you've already booked a hospital for the birth, in which case you shouldn't be travelling on a visitors visa in the first place.

Please do note though that your baby having a British Birth Certificate won't actually entitle him/her to anything in the long run.

If, as Funkybaby suspects, you are planning on staying in the UK permanently after the birth of your baby, then please do think again. Of course, I don't know your personal circumstances but life without proper papers can be very hard in this country at the best of times. Let alone for a single Mum and her new born baby. You won't be able to claim Child Benefit or Child Tax Credits and you won't be able to work. Childcare is prohibitively expensive. Even if you use an unregistered friend then you'll be looking at paying at least £100 per week. Bear in mind that if you do eventually secure a job you may be looking at earning £5.73 per hour. Sounds like quite a bit if you convert it to Naira, but it's peanuts when you consider that you will pay at least £65 per week to rent a room (not a whole apartment!), then you still have your travel expenses - £13 per week if you travel by bus only and then you will still need to feed and clothe you and your baby.

In anycase, I wish you all the best. Please feel free to contact me with any further questions you may have.
Re: Want To Give Birth In U.k Axis: Need Help On Hospital by Akolawole(m): 9:55pm On Mar 06, 2009
big_bumper:

Don't let anyone deter you, you can get loads of NHS hospitals to deliver your baby for around £1,500. And trust me it will be money well spent. Our goal is to pass on as much legacy as possible to our children, and our children's children. . .

Loads of NHS hospital charging that.

I will be happy to know those loads.
Re: Want To Give Birth In U.k Axis: Need Help On Hospital by shapey(f): 10:49pm On Mar 06, 2009
@ bog bumper

My sister in law -if she can be called that- is fine, I am no longer with her brother. We now leave seperately, eventhough we wants to come back. I'll not hijack this thread. That'll be another topic entirely.
Re: Want To Give Birth In U.k Axis: Need Help On Hospital by bigbumper(f): 12:37am On Mar 07, 2009
shapey:

@ bog bumper

My sister in law -if she can be called that- is fine, I am no longer with her brother. We now leave seperately, eventhough we wants to come back. I'll not hijack this thread. That'll be another topic entirely.

Aawww, but without starting to sound like a hyprocrite, I would have walked too, but don't worry everything happens for a reason and if God says you will end up back together, who are we to question him. Stay strong and remain blessed.
Re: Want To Give Birth In U.k Axis: Need Help On Hospital by bigbumper(f): 12:46am On Mar 07, 2009
Akolawole:

Loads of NHS hospital charging that.

I will be happy to know those loads.

Maybe if you'd asked in a non-antagonistic way, I would have indulged you, so do the legwork yourself, and google DrFoster.co.uk to get the numbers of the over 300 NHS trust in the UK and request to speak to their Overseas Patient Manager undecided

Besides giving birth is not rocket science, hence the reason the Government is pushing to get people to start giving birth at home cool

And lastly, your happiness should not be dependent on a fellow human being cool

1 Like

Re: Want To Give Birth In U.k Axis: Need Help On Hospital by shapey(f): 11:05am On Mar 07, 2009
@bigbumper

Thanks alot dear. I just decided it was time to take a break. If things change-not that I'm expecting them to-good, if not, the show must go on. I am comfy and happy taking care of my baby myself. smiley

@poster

If you have that amount of money, pls try the US. The child will be given citizenship by birth, even if he is born in US airspace grin . Why do you prefer UK is there anything special about this place?. I have only just applied for my baby's UK passport, but that's becos her dad is a brithish citizen, and I have a 5yr work permit.

I know a young lady on a students visa here in the UK who went specifically to have her baby in the US.

Have a brilliant weekend all. kiss
Re: Want To Give Birth In U.k Axis: Need Help On Hospital by Hauwa1: 11:58am On Mar 07, 2009
Shapey, it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle,  cool
she is already through the UK embassy. She is all set which is  kiss

am sure if she had taken US route from nigeria, by now her dreams of giving birth oversea would have been nothing.
Re: Want To Give Birth In U.k Axis: Need Help On Hospital by Akolawole(m): 4:28pm On Mar 07, 2009
big_bumper:

Maybe if you'd asked in a non-antagonistic way, I would have indulged you, so do the legwork yourself, and google DrFoster.co.uk to get the numbers of the over 300 NHS trust in the UK and request to speak to their Overseas Patient Manager undecided

Besides giving birth is not rocket science, hence the reason the Government is pushing to get people to start giving birth at home cool

And lastly, your happiness should not be dependent on a fellow human being cool

Ummh Madam

In 2003/04, Whipp cross hospital seems to be the cheapest in london for around £1200 for private patient but as at December 2008, Mayday hospital is the cheapest in the region of 4/5k. I knew this 100%.

The manager in charge of Mayday's one is a Jamaican lady in her 40's.

Attached is their last years price list.

Re: Want To Give Birth In U.k Axis: Need Help On Hospital by VOR(m): 12:41am On Mar 08, 2009
Your son or daughter can either register to become a British citizen via the route mentioned by Ilelobola or later apply to naturalise as a citizen. So if you are not ready to spend the next 10 years trying to get yourself an "Aduro", she can always come back anytime and stay however long she wants, and as soon as she is 18, can apply to naturalise, but the only condition for that is that she has to have lived in the UK for 5 years.

Once again, If you don't have time to wait till she is 10, take her back home and as soon as she is 18 years old, let her go to apply for a visa to come to UK, she does not need any immigration officer's permission by virtue of the fact that she was born here, her birth confers her a right of abode and she will also have the right to live and work in the UK without restrictions.
[i][/i]

BB,

There are no provisions as far as I know for anyone to register as a British Citizen in the way you have suggested. With the exception of what Ilelobola stated.

If she/he attempted to register once she has turned 18 she will be refused. As several people have stated including myself, being born here to non-British or non- settled parents after 31/12/82 confers no rights. In order to come to the UK such a person would have to apply for a visa and satisfy all the requirements to obtain one like anybody else who is subject to UK immigration control.

You cannot obtain a certificate of a right of abode by residence. Without such a certificate or nationality or obtaining ILR or NTLC her child will not be able to live in the UK without restriction.

If you still disagree with what I have stated then I would be very grateful if you could point me to the provisions in the rules which allow what you have suggested.
Re: Want To Give Birth In U.k Axis: Need Help On Hospital by bigbumper(f): 10:16am On Mar 08, 2009
shapey:

@bigbumper

Thanks alot dear. I just decided it was time to take a break. If things change-not that I'm expecting them to-good, if not, the show must go on. I am comfy and happy taking care of my baby myself. smiley

So happy to hear that you are holding your head up high, how's your little one, I am sure the joy you feel everytime you look into your baby's eyes and she smiles at you is enough to compesate for all you are going through, and hopefully the bond between you and your husband would grow stronger through your baby. And don't worry, all these too shall pass wink
Re: Want To Give Birth In U.k Axis: Need Help On Hospital by bigbumper(f): 10:23am On Mar 08, 2009
*Hauwa*:

Shapey, it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle, cool
she is already through the UK embassy. She is all set which is kiss

am sure if she had taken US route from nigeria, by now her dreams of giving birth oversea would have been nothing.

Thank you Sisthren, you have said it all, A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush cheesy

Off-topic, It is not my own Busy_bod[b]y[/b] (Iyalode) giving you grief, but Busy_bod[b]i[/b] (JennyKadri) so I apologise on her errant miscreant's lard arse, Dakun, Biko, Abegi, please forgive her, she means well grin grin grin
Re: Want To Give Birth In U.k Axis: Need Help On Hospital by bigbumper(f): 10:52am On Mar 08, 2009
Akolawole:

Ummh Madam

In 2003/04, Whipp cross hospital seems to be the cheapest in london for around £1200 for private patient but as at December 2008, Mayday hospital is the cheapest in the region of 4/5k. I knew this 100%.

The manager in charge of Mayday's one is a Jamaican lady in her 40's.

Attached is their last years price list.

There has clearly been some misunderstanding somewhere . . . If the former moderator did not see what happened, perhaps you did not too, and so it was wrong for me to come down on you harshly as I did . . . Ikunle mi re, Uncle Methusalah, e fi ori jimi, e dakun . . .

Back to the manuscript, how many pregnant women/men was that "bill" you supplied, issued to? cheesy Or how can one woman have a normal delivery and a Caesarean at the same time shocked shocked shocked or unless she had twins and one was delivered normally and the other via Caesarean or unless the charges is that high because you are a pregnant man lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

From the "bill" you produced up there, the only charges that would apply to the OP lastpages by the grace of God is just £33 for outpatient appointment and £905 for normal delivery and the less than £150 she would have to cough up for blood (pathology) test.

And I have seen people giving birth and being kicked out of the hospital 2 hours later to free up beds, so she does not and will not need to spend a day in hospital. Her baby would not have to be delivered via caesarean nor would the baby be premature and need to spend time in SCBU or NNICU in Jesus's name, SOMEBODY IN THE HOUSE SHOUT AMEN grin grin grin

By the way remind me next month to take appropriate steps to sack that Jamaican lady for embezzlement and misappropriation of funds and for slyly adding up the "price list" and presenting it as the total bill cheesy We also have to sue her at the tribunal for discrimination on sex ground, how dare she want to charge you my Methuselah more just to give birth, and nearly £5,000 because you are a man grin grin grin

@ Voice of reason

I haven't forgotten you o, will BRB wink wink wink

1 Like

Re: Want To Give Birth In U.k Axis: Need Help On Hospital by Hauwa1: 2:42am On Mar 09, 2009
Bumper, how was your sunday, hope you ate rice wink

nothing miss my sister wink
Re: Want To Give Birth In U.k Axis: Need Help On Hospital by VOR(m): 5:28pm On Mar 09, 2009
BB

I dey wait you o. cool
Re: Want To Give Birth In U.k Axis: Need Help On Hospital by bigbumper(f): 5:31pm On Mar 09, 2009
*Hauwa*:

Bumper, how was your sunday, hope you ate rice wink

nothing miss my sister wink

Glad to hear that all is well then cheesy Dem no serve us rice on Sunday for yabaleft oh, we only get to eat rice with ponmo once a year every Christmas cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Want To Give Birth In U.k Axis: Need Help On Hospital by bigbumper(f): 5:33pm On Mar 09, 2009
VOR:

BB

I dey wait you o. cool

Chei, you caught me red-handed, there was me hoping you would have forgotten grin grin grin

Okay. here goes:
Re: Want To Give Birth In U.k Axis: Need Help On Hospital by bigbumper(f): 7:11pm On Mar 09, 2009
VOR:

BB,

There are no provisions as far as I know for anyone to register as a British Citizen in the way you have suggested. With the exception of what Ilelobola stated.

If she/he attempted to register once she has turned 18 she will be refused. As several people have stated including myself, being born here to non-British or non- settled parents after 31/12/82 confers no rights. In order to come to the UK such a person would have to apply for a visa and satisfy all the requirements to obtain one like anybody else who is subject to UK immigration control.

You cannot obtain a certificate of a right of abode by residence. Without such a certificate or nationality or obtaining ILR or NTLC her child will not be able to live in the UK without restriction.

If you still disagree with what I have stated then I would be very grateful if you could point me to the provisions in the rules which allow what you have suggested.

With British citizenship, there is "automatic entitlement","registration by entitlement,"  and "registration by discretion". No action is needed for the "automatic entitlement route", but the application form one has to fill for the "registration by entitlement" route and fis different from the application form one needs to fill in for the "registration by discretion" route.

The route which Ilelobola mentioned comes under the "registration by entitlement" umbrella - Section 1(4) of the British Nationality Act - and is applicable after the child's first 10 years, whether the parents have settled status or not. Even the 90 days maximum the child should not be out of the Country, is discretionary and can be waived in special circumstances.

However, section 3(1) of the same 1981 Act, which is a separate entity on its own, provides for people to acquire citizenship on discretionary grounds - registration by discretion, of which there is no formal requirement other than be under the age of 18 and have good character if over 10 years of age. This is also the section applicable to those deemed illegitimate before 1st of July 2006 because their father who is the British citizen was unmarried. . . 

Parents who are applying for settlement also have to use this section to register their children as British Citizens, as well as those children born in the UK whose parents have either no settled status nor are British citizens, and this is the section the OP Lastpages would fall under.

Under this ground, there is no minimum or maximum time you should have spent in the UK. It is all done on merits and discretion so one has to present a very convincing case. Any parent of a child born in the UK can apply for this on behalf of the child, whether you have settled status or not. The onus is on the parent to table as much reasons as possible, as to why they think the child should be accorded citizenship. 

Apart from these aforementioned 3 routes, there is also the chance for the child to naturalise if they are applying once they are over the age of 18.

If the OP Lastpages, secures an unmarried partner visa or a marriage visa, she is eligible to apply for ILR after 2 years continuous residence in the country, and this confers the right of instant "registration by entitlement" to her son/daughter and even children not born in this country, under Section 3(1) of the Act and the child does not have to wait till age 10.

If Lastpages applies for workpermit visa, HSMP visa, Investors visa, etc of which you are eligible to apply for ILR after 5 years, once again this confers "registration by entitlement" on the son/daughter as soon as her ILR comes through too, and again there is no need to wait till the child is age 10.   

So if a British born child without an automatic right to citizenship applies for a visa, he/she cannot be refused because that child could have been coming to exercise his right under section 3(1) of the British Nationality Act, and neither would the parents because they have to do the legwork.

Think about this, why should someone born in the country have to wait 10 years to secure citizenship, whilst someone who marries a British citizen can apply for ILR and citizenship for his/herself as well as children not even born in the country within 3 years.  Or a person on workpermit, HSMP, etc gets the chance to apply for his wifey/hubby and children whom might not even have been born in this country after 5 years. THAT WOULD BE DEEMED TOTALLY UNFAIR, HENCE the special provision under section 3(1). There is always an exception to every rule and if in doubt, unleash the Human Right Act on their arse wink 

@ Ilelobola

Sorry ma, for some strange reason I thought you were the poster Iranoladun who has issues with her stepdaughter hence the reason my post on that househelp thread was lost of you, abeg no vex grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

One Killed As Dangote Truck Damages Two Cars In Magodo, Lagos / All Flights across The US Grounded Due To Computer Outage / Trailer Veers Off Bridge In Lagos In A Shocking Manner. See Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.