Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,673 members, 7,823,899 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

APC Crisis: Akande’s Letter Angers Northern Party Leaders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Crisis: Akande’s Letter Angers Northern Party Leaders (32401 Views)

Saraki’s Trial Splits APC; Senior Member Blasts Party Leaders For ‘keeping Quiet / With The Rejection Of APC In Bayelsa- Can We Say APC Is A Northern Party? / APC Crisis: Akande’s Letter Angers Northern Party Leaders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Crisis: Akande’s Letter Angers Northern Party Leaders by HzRF(m): 2:05am On Jul 01, 2015
FRESH facts on Tuesday indicated that the national caucus meeting of the All Progressives Congress scheduled for Monday was cancelled because of the suspicion within the party.

The PUNCH learnt that the APC leadership called off the meeting because of reported anger of some leaders of the ruling party in the north at insinuations by Chief Bisi Akande that they were behind the crisis in the party.

Akande, a former interim national chairman of the APC, had in a letter made public on Monday alleged, among other things, that, “Most Northern elite, the Nigerian oil subsidy barons and other business cartels, who never liked (President Muhammadu) Buhari’s anti-corruption political stance, are quickly backing up the rebellion against APC with strong support.”

A member of the party’s caucus from the North-East geopolitical zone, who spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the matter, said it would have been a rancorous session if the caucus meeting had held in what he described as “such an atmosphere of mutual suspicion.”

The party leader, who in fact said he would have spoken on the record if not for the fence- mending efforts being made by other leaders of the party, said, “We (northerners) are unhappy about Chief (Bisi) Akande’s outburst. It was unnecessary because we are all trying to put out a fire that is threatening to consume our house. And when you have a respected leader and elder making such unguarded statements it does not help.

“I personally hold Chief Akande in high esteem but what he wrote in that letter was nothing short of an insult on our collective sensibilities. How can you single out a section of your party and call them criminals who were supporting rebels to destroy the party we all built? This is most unexpected and uncharitable to say the least.”

Also, a chieftain of the APC, Alhaji Kawu Baraje, on Tuesday, described as unfortunate, the statement by Akande.

Baraje, in a statement in Abuja, said he was disappointed that Akande who had led the party and served as a state governor could author a statement in which he was allegedly seeking to divide the nation by setting the North against the South-West.

The APC leader, who once served as the national chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, said, “I do not know where Chief Akande and his cohorts are getting this unsubstantiated information they are circulating. We challenge them to provide proof and let Nigerians make their judgment.

“Akande and co believe that they have exclusive right to determine who occupies what position in today’s Nigeria and whoever tries to challenge their position must be subjected to savage attack in the media. That tactic is definitely undemocratic.

“I have known Chief Akande to be an honest man. I got the shock of my life when he alleged that I had a meeting in my house with ‘some old and new PDP members with a view to hijacking the National Assembly’ through the aspiration of Dr. Bukola Saraki as the Senate President.

“I have been quiet as a leader so as to not to be seen as taking sides because of my closeness to Dr. Saraki, else people will read meaning into it.

“Akande has been playing a role which I admire. He will recall that he met some actors, with a governor from the North-West and a leader of the party from the South-West, where the leader from the South-West was cautioned to be reasonable in this crisis.

“He (Akande) supported the view of the governor from the North-West that the particular leader from the South-West should be admonished for his action. It is therefore surprising that Akande is now being economical with the truth and painting a picture that exists only in his imagination.”

Baraje said the allegation by Akande that a purported meeting took place in his (Baraje’s) house after the general elections, where “a so-called new PDP group plotted with a view to hijacking the National Assembly…with an ultimate aim of resuscitating the PDP as their future political platform” was a mere fabrication.

Our correspondents learnt that renewed peace moves were being made in the party and that the party leaders were hoping that they would before Friday achieve an atmosphere conducive to holding the APC NEC meeting.

The APC NEC meeting was shifted from Tuesday (yesterday) to Friday to enable party leaders to engage in further consultations.

A top member of the APC National Working Committee, who did not want his name mentioned, said that the meeting was postponed to allow tempers to go down.

“All leaders are in touch with one another and I can assure you that the crisis will be resolved on Friday,” the party source said.

However, the Deputy Senate Leader, Senator Bala Ibn Na’Allah, himself a northerner, had defended Akande on Monday. Na’Allah said Akande must have been misquoted.

The senator said, “Chief Bisi Akande is a highly respected senior member of this country and I am not so sure he had not been misquoted on that issue. Even where it exists, I am absolutely sure that it cannot be the correct statement on the situation.

“The North holds every section of this country high; we detest the idea of even labelling us as North because we have passed that stage with the current development in our country.

“We are a united country whether we like it or not with some few interests being defined at different levels of our governance but as far as Nigeria is concerned, I don’t want to believe that there is any conspiracy.

“If there is any conspiracy on the part of the North, what made you think that the conspiracy will involve bringing somebody from the Peoples Democratic Party and from the South-East to become the deputy senate president?”

The Deputy National Publicity Secretary of the APC, Mr. Timi Frank, on Tuesday, confirmed that the party’s National Executive Committee would meet in Abuja on Friday to thrash out all issues affecting the party.

“We are holding our NEC meeting on Friday and I am sure all our issues will be thrashed out and the party will come out stronger,” Frank said.
http://www.punchng.com/news/apc-crisis-akandes-letter-angers-northern-party-leaders/
Re: APC Crisis: Akande’s Letter Angers Northern Party Leaders by HungerBAD: 2:06am On Jul 01, 2015
The APC should get its act together and stop acting like Ojukwu's Children fighting for their fathers property.

We did not Vote for APC Internal wranglings.

We did not vote for tribal clique-ism.

We did not vote for Saraki and his cronies to hold our "BLUKUS" to ransom.

In every democratic setting, the President is the Automatic leader of his party, so Buhari should step up and be a leader before it is too late,and may what happened to the Otuoke Clown not be his portion when PDP went to the dogs.

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: APC Crisis: Akande’s Letter Angers Northern Party Leaders by Nobody: 2:09am On Jul 01, 2015
Gambari slavery

103 Likes 10 Shares

Re: APC Crisis: Akande’s Letter Angers Northern Party Leaders by xcolanto(m): 2:19am On Jul 01, 2015
The marriage of strange bed fellows are crumbling like a badly placed pack of cards!
it is clear that the only aim and objective these greedy fellows could agree on was to oust GEJ at all means, now that is achieved nothing else seem to be worth holding the center together.
The greed and power tussle between the north and the south west would bring this sham party to its knees!
So far in this unholy marriage, the north seems to be wining with the one sided appointments of their members, leaving the south west pained and feeling cheated. well, the show has just begun, almost a month into the current administration and the nation seems to be on standby as these selfish fellows cannot come together to forge a common front! keenly watching these events in 5D! cool

208 Likes 21 Shares

Re: APC Crisis: Akande’s Letter Angers Northern Party Leaders by kenny091(m): 2:26am On Jul 01, 2015
If chief Akande really said that, it is unfortunate. APC needs to get their acts together. The losers at the last election are hungry for any chance to attack them, why helping them do their job.

1 Like

Re: APC Crisis: Akande’s Letter Angers Northern Party Leaders by dayo23(f): 2:36am On Jul 01, 2015
Akande make a valid point, but these is actually not the right time to have say that.
I still blame President Buhari for all this rubbish, if as the leader of the party he insist on remaining quiet then am sorry APC is heading to france

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Crisis: Akande’s Letter Angers Northern Party Leaders by dayo23(f): 2:38am On Jul 01, 2015
xcolanto:
The marriage of strange bed fellows are crumbling like a badly placed pack of cards!
it is clear that the only aim and objective these greedy fellows could agree on was to oust GEJ at all means, now that is achived nothing else seem to be worth holding the center together.
The greed and power tussle between the north and the south west would bring this sham party to its knees!
So far in this unholy marriage, the north seems to be wining with the one sided appointments of their members, leaving the south west pained and feeling cheated. well, the show has just begun, almost a month into the current administration and the nation seems to be on standby as these selfish fellows cannot come together to forge a common front! keenly watching these events in 5D! cool
how has the south west been cheated? Are u telling me South east and south south are not part of Nigeria? Beside Saraki is from middle belt so what the big deal.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Crisis: Akande’s Letter Angers Northern Party Leaders by AlPeter: 2:54am On Jul 01, 2015
Get your house in order fast
Re: APC Crisis: Akande’s Letter Angers Northern Party Leaders by xcolanto(m): 2:55am On Jul 01, 2015
dayo23:
how has the south west been cheated? Are u telling me South east and south south are not part of Nigeria? Beside Saraki is from middle belt so what the big deal.

You care to tell me why baba akande is writing a letter accusing northerners of backing saraki if the south west is not feeling cheated and disgruntled?? As for the south-south, majority of them never voted for this devilish party so they don't expect much or anything from them anyways. Maybe now you don't see meaning to what I typed but a time would come and you would. wink

121 Likes 13 Shares

Re: APC Crisis: Akande’s Letter Angers Northern Party Leaders by HzRF(m): 3:15am On Jul 01, 2015
dayo23:
Akande make a valid point, but these is actually not the right time to have say that.
I still blame President Buhari for all this rubbish, if as the leader of the party he insist on remaining quiet then am sorry APC is heading to france
Lol luk at Tew.
U want buahri to create more enemies for himself and NPDP for that matter, this NPDP is Lyk apc pillar
He knws what he's doing
He meddle into it pdp taps on it
D npdp get angry
Buahri get more enemies

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Crisis: Akande’s Letter Angers Northern Party Leaders by tbmas(m): 3:21am On Jul 01, 2015
The inability of the presidency to act quick is giving some people room for nonsense talks..

2 Likes

Re: APC Crisis: Akande’s Letter Angers Northern Party Leaders by moderate99(m): 3:23am On Jul 01, 2015
Akande needed not say dis@dis tym.
Re: APC Crisis: Akande’s Letter Angers Northern Party Leaders by mistabiola: 3:28am On Jul 01, 2015
National politics can't be run the same way as state politics, the members of the party are dying of greediness. cheesy cheesy

18 Likes

Re: APC Crisis: Akande’s Letter Angers Northern Party Leaders by M4gunners: 3:35am On Jul 01, 2015
What goes around turns around. I need Akupe first d heat is much here.

7 Likes

Re: APC Crisis: Akande’s Letter Angers Northern Party Leaders by Bollove: 3:38am On Jul 01, 2015
Yoruba leaders are still playing Opposition in the ruling party.
I don't believe Akande said what Nigerian Newspaper quoted.
Junk Journalism everywhere.

6 Likes

Re: APC Crisis: Akande’s Letter Angers Northern Party Leaders by Atlantian: 5:18am On Jul 01, 2015
A contraption united by the greed for Niger Delta Oil. You parasites should advise Daura President to pay the Niger Delta Welfare package to the students abroad, if not, a suicidal hungry man might resort to dynamite and the collective interest of you thieves will be obliterated.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Crisis: Akande’s Letter Angers Northern Party Leaders by Atlantian: 5:20am On Jul 01, 2015
Bollove:
Yoruba leaders are still playing Opposition in the ruling party.

I don't believe Akande said what Nigerian Newspaper quoted.

Junk Journalism everywhere.
Its a natural thing for the Yorubas. Even after orchestrating an enthronment using their party as vehicle to Aso Rock, they have totally been marginalized, they are back to opposition - their default destiny. I dey laugh oh.

105 Likes 7 Shares

Re: APC Crisis: Akande’s Letter Angers Northern Party Leaders by Chiefpriest1(m): 5:31am On Jul 01, 2015
Akande is a responsible politician. I wonder when he started making comments made on assumptions.

I don't see any northern conspiracy in this NASS tussle. At least not yet
Re: APC Crisis: Akande’s Letter Angers Northern Party Leaders by Nobody: 5:32am On Jul 01, 2015
dayo23:
I thought you people said Tinubu was the national leader of the party? Why are you calling Buhari again. The national leader should resolve it, Buhari is only a product of the party and can't do much naa Lol

71 Likes 5 Shares

Re: APC Crisis: Akande’s Letter Angers Northern Party Leaders by vedaxcool(m): 5:38am On Jul 01, 2015
Atlantian:
A contraption united by the greed for Niger Delta Oil. You parasites should advise Daura President to pay the Niger Delta Welfare package to the students abroad, if not, a suicidal hungry man might resort to dynamite and the collective interest of you thieves will be obliterated.

You should tell Jonathan and his clan to pay up the so called welfare package since they "mismanage" trillions of naira it would be simply chicken change to them. Thanks

3 Likes

Re: APC Crisis: Akande’s Letter Angers Northern Party Leaders by Nobody: 5:41am On Jul 01, 2015
Atlantian:
Its a natural thing for the Yorubas. Even after orchestrating an enthronment using their party as vehicle to Aso Rock, they have totally been marginalized, they are back to opposition - their default destiny. I dey laugh oh.
They were not actually marginalized,they have gotten their fair share and attempted to dominate others before they were put in place.

What sort of greed and wickedness would make Tinubu and co want to take everything that should have gone to the other southern regions. You already have the VP,it was only fair the SS should have been allowed to produce the speaker since the SE has no ranking APC HOR member. Their greed eventually became their undoing. Even in the sharing of principal offices of the NASS,they grossly marginalized and under estimated the SE/SS/NC.This eventually became their undoing as the three regions came together to ensure the political decimation of their local champion

87 Likes 6 Shares

Re: APC Crisis: Akande’s Letter Angers Northern Party Leaders by Atlantian: 5:41am On Jul 01, 2015
vedaxcool:

You should tell Jonathan and his clan to pay up the so called welfare package since they "mismanage" trillions of naira it would be simply chicken change to them. Thanks
What is talking ?

43 Likes

Re: APC Crisis: Akande’s Letter Angers Northern Party Leaders by Nobody: 5:41am On Jul 01, 2015
Even the bible said #FearNorth grin

15 Likes

Re: APC Crisis: Akande’s Letter Angers Northern Party Leaders by vedaxcool(m): 5:43am On Jul 01, 2015
Atlantian:

Bad belle is allowed, as long as people like u live in eternal pain everything u yap is like the aimless meandering sounds of a parastic amoeba.

7 Likes

Re: APC Crisis: Akande’s Letter Angers Northern Party Leaders by vedaxcool(m): 5:44am On Jul 01, 2015
Atlantian:
What is talking ?

Nnamdi Kanu your future emperor of Biafra is talking.
Re: APC Crisis: Akande’s Letter Angers Northern Party Leaders by Nobody: 5:44am On Jul 01, 2015
vedaxcool:

It is better you pay the boys now to finish and become useful to themselves and the country. If they are frustrated and return home. In few months or years to come, Nigeria would be the one begging them

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Crisis: Akande’s Letter Angers Northern Party Leaders by Atlantian: 5:44am On Jul 01, 2015
chukwudi44:

They were not actually marginalized,they have gotten their fair share and attempted to dominate others before they were put in place.

What sort of greed and wickedness would make Tinubu and co want to take everything that should have gone to the other southern regions. You already have the VP,it was only fair the SS should have been allowed to produce the speaker since the SE has no ranking APC HOR member. Their greed eventually became their undoing. Even in the sharing of principal offices of the NASS,they grossly marginalized and under estimated the SE/SS/NC.This eventually became their undoing as the three regions came together to ensure the political decimation of their local champion

I laugh at the South West Earners all the time. They thought they are the greatest schemers. Now the schemers get schemed by their Masters. They are back to their default opposition role, even in APC they midwifed. What a regional embarrassment.

63 Likes 4 Shares

Re: APC Crisis: Akande’s Letter Angers Northern Party Leaders by Nobody: 5:46am On Jul 01, 2015
Chiefpriest1:
Akande is a responsible politician. I wonder when he started making comments made on assumptions.

I don't see any northern conspiracy in this NASS tussle. At least not yet
Akande like Tinubu has always been a closet tribalist masked under 'National' interest

53 Likes 6 Shares

Re: APC Crisis: Akande’s Letter Angers Northern Party Leaders by vedaxcool(m): 5:48am On Jul 01, 2015
chukwudi44:

It is better you pay the boys now to finish and become useful to themselves and the country. If they are frustrated and return home. In few months or years to come, Nigeria would be the one begging them

Either Jonathan and his clan of trillion naira mismanagement pay up or They will finish their school in Nigeria transfer papers will be filled.

1 Like

Re: APC Crisis: Akande’s Letter Angers Northern Party Leaders by Atlantian: 5:49am On Jul 01, 2015
vedaxcool:

Nnamdi Kanu your future emperor of Biafra is talking.
Know your enemies and define your friendships. Is Nnamdi Kanu pet project giving you guys sleepless nights already ? Then prepare for goose pimples.

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: APC Crisis: Akande’s Letter Angers Northern Party Leaders by Nobody: 5:49am On Jul 01, 2015
vedaxcool:

Bad belle is allowed, as long as people like u live in eternal pain everything u yap is like the aimless meandering sounds of a parastic amoeba.
I think you are the one in serious pain here. You have been sidelined in a Government you had earlier thought you would dominate. We the lower Niger people are really enjoying the whole show

59 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari To Commission Osogbo High School In Osun (photo) / Buhari Arrived Delta State To Flag Off Presidential Campaign - Photos / Buhari, Governors May Clash With Tinubu Over Ambode - GuardianNg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.