Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:32 AM

Adeboye and Ibori - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adeboye and Ibori (2082 Views)

Secret Meeting Between GEJ And Ibori Revealed / IBB, Danjuma, Atiku And Ibori Exposed? / Tom Polo's 'list'of Name Exposed !Jonathan And Ibori Named ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adeboye and Ibori by Lagosboy: 8:09am On Mar 03, 2009
Deduce anything u might so wish.

Re: Adeboye and Ibori by Lagosboy: 8:12am On Mar 03, 2009
Re: Adeboye and Ibori by texazzpete(m): 8:56am On Mar 03, 2009
While this is in line with what some of us have been saying for a while (men of God frolicking with corrupt Government officials), sensitivity should have told you that many people will be displeased to have a muslim bringing this up. It's easy to read hidden meanings in this case.

It's kinda like how i'd get flamed if i showed photos of Imams handing out cutlasses in Bauchi state. It may be factual, but you wouldn't like that grin

You'd have been best served remarking on Ibori and Adeboye only, instead of using such a broad statement as 'pay your tithe to the House of the Lord', as if the 'house of the Lord' is a corrupt entity.

Forgive me if i'm making too much out of a trivial issue; i haven't had my morning coffee yet and i'm cranky! smiley
Re: Adeboye and Ibori by Lagosboy: 9:01am On Mar 03, 2009
Well noted and no offence intended.
Re: Adeboye and Ibori by superboi(m): 9:11am On Mar 03, 2009
adeboye thanks picture and shakes hand with alot of people, you could also show picture of him and those people, or do you believe a religious leader should discreminate?
Re: Adeboye and Ibori by Nobody: 10:54am On Mar 03, 2009
k
Re: Adeboye and Ibori by Jarus(m): 12:33pm On Mar 03, 2009
Xavier.:

Lagos

Adeboye has contributed more to humanity than Mohamnmed..

Hope i wont get ban for expressing my mind.
You have come out in your full colours. . . . and we are 'at home' for you.
Re: Adeboye and Ibori by Nobody: 1:02pm On Mar 03, 2009
when your neighbour decides to keep ant infested cans close to close house and u turn a blind eye at it, dont get offended when u start getting visits from ugly looking lizards.
Re: Adeboye and Ibori by Jarus(m): 3:44pm On Mar 03, 2009
Xavier.:

when your neighbour decides to keep ant infested cans close to close house and u turn a blind eye at it, dont get offended when u start getting visits from ugly looking lizards.
I deliberately decided to keep silent on this topic, as I always do for any topic regarding bashing of pastors, but I came in when you introduced Muhammed.
I turned blind eyes(ignore) to the rat-infested cans(this topic) because my neighbour(Lagosboy,thread starter) is entitled to his opinion and I can't stop him from discussing whatever he wants.But when the visits came from ugly looking lizards(your bashing of Muhammed), I think I can protect my house(my response). I however agree with the proverb, but you know, I coudn't have collected the can from my neighbour. . . lol
Re: Adeboye and Ibori by JJYOU: 3:51pm On Mar 03, 2009
@ lagos man congrats this is so brilliant. do we have the audio version?
Re: Adeboye and Ibori by Nobody: 4:01pm On Mar 03, 2009
@Jarus

Green cap chief for Igboland?

If you are aware that green beret is what juniour workers/agberos from Nigerian union of road transport workers (NURTW) wear, then good for you. (cos money dey for moto park). But if you are not aware, you have been swindled. tongue

No worry, I go arrange one nice red cap for you. You deserve it.
Re: Adeboye and Ibori by StFunmi(f): 4:03pm On Mar 03, 2009
Lagos

Adeboye has contributed more to humanity than Mohamnmed,

Hope i wont get ban for expressing my mind.
Roflmao grin grin grin grin
Re: Adeboye and Ibori by MrCrackles(m): 4:05pm On Mar 03, 2009
Xavier.:

Adeboye has contributed more to humanity than Mohamnmed..

If that is your opinion, fair enough!

But i flatly disagree with you!

As usual, your comments was borne out of hate!
Re: Adeboye and Ibori by JustGood(m): 4:08pm On Mar 03, 2009
I wonder if Pastor Adeboye will grant me half the audience he granted this man. . .I have tried to live my life devoid of fraudulent activities and stealing. I have not robbed any man. I have paid tithes (not very regularly, I must admit). I have helped many people in life without first depriving them of their rights and privileges. I have worked hard to get whatever I have.

Why should I go to church and be relegated but when a thieving man goes to church, he gets all the attention?
Why?
Why?
angry

1 Like

Re: Adeboye and Ibori by MrCrackles(m): 4:11pm On Mar 03, 2009
JustGood:

I wonder if Pastor Adeboye will grant me half the audience he granted this man. . .I have tried to live my life devoid of fraudulent activities and stealing. I have not robbed any man. I have paid tithes (not very regularly, I must admit). I have helped many people in life without first depriving them of their rights and privileges. I have worked hard to get whatever I have.

Why should I go to church and be relegated but when a thieving man goes to church, he gets all the attention?
Why?
Why?
angry

LMFAO
Make a mega pledge to the church and you will prolly get all the attention on a sunday and maybe another sunday!
!!! grin cheesy grin
Re: Adeboye and Ibori by Nobody: 4:18pm On Mar 03, 2009
Jarus

U have displayed GREAT wisdom. The good book says "a soft response turns away anger". I'll edit my initial comment.

But imagine Adeboye being your Dad, would you keep quiet at the kind of bashing irresponsible NLders, like Crackles and Lagosboy, throw at the old man. When did being a pastor become a crime.
Re: Adeboye and Ibori by MrCrackles(m): 4:21pm On Mar 03, 2009
Xavier.:

Jarus

U have displayed GREAT wisdom. The good book says "a soft response turns away anger". I'll edit my initial comment.

But imagine Adeboye being your Dad, would you keep quiet at the kind of bashing irresponsible NLders, like Crackles and Lagosboy, throw at the old man. When did being a pastor become a crime.

Are you a fucking retard or what?

Where did i Bash Adeboye?

Do you know the meaning between criticism and bashing

Dont get me started fella! angry
Re: Adeboye and Ibori by Lagosboy: 4:33pm On Mar 03, 2009
Xavier.:

Jarus

see me see trouble o , me i see photo for saharareporters come post am here u say i dey bash am. I did not even put saharareporters comment on here. If i saw an islamic scholar doing the same to Ibori i would have posted the samething. Men of god should not frolick with these thieves.

Tunde Bakare is an example he doesnt frolick with them, I do not think Bishop Gbonig does either , neither does olubumi okogie as far as i know and all other old school pastors.

My grudge is simple OBJ romanced with Adeboye and he could not speak against the 3rd term ambition. It is not only me that share this sentiment otherwise why was OBJ booed by the congregation at the redeemed camp when he was handed the mic. Pls lets be objective this is not a bash against chrisitianity in the least but criticism of a mere mortal that other Chrisitian leaders have constructively criticised.
Re: Adeboye and Ibori by Nobody: 4:38pm On Mar 03, 2009
Lagosboy

Do u mind keeping your bloody sentiment to urself
Re: Adeboye and Ibori by OBVIOUS(m): 4:43pm On Mar 03, 2009
The power of religion in Nigeria. Hopefully the gods of Adeboye may help the curses which rain upon his life from happening!

Adeboye should be shaking the hands of the "regular" folks who out of nothing contribute immensely to the church fund.

I remember when one of my uncles stole money (from Ondo gov) to be specific. He immediately went and bought 6 luxury cars for Adeboye and other items, he wanted prayers in return. Adeboye gave those items away to some folks and didn't pray for him, angry grin grin
Re: Adeboye and Ibori by Lagosboy: 4:54pm On Mar 03, 2009
Xavier.:

Lagosboy

Do u mind keeping your bloody sentiment to urself

Calm down my friend no need to use that word, I have never replied any of your comments before and this was the first so pls no need to vex that much.
Re: Adeboye and Ibori by Jarus(m): 5:06pm On Mar 03, 2009
Funmi et al,
Welcome back to NL. NL has been boring since morning. But you guys are coming early today. All of you are usually always present 6pm(Nigerian time) onwards.
Xavier.:

Jarus

Ko si ja tele na. . . .cheers. I have never bashed Adeboye and others on NL here. I'll rather keep silent when they are being discussed, which is what many people have termed hypocrisy. I do criticize the 'prophets of doom' when they come up with their predictions though.

nuzo:

@Jarus

Green cap chief for Igboland?

If you are aware that green beret is what juniour workers/agberos from Nigerian union of road transport workers (NURTW) wear, then good for you. (cos money dey for moto park). But if you are not aware, you have been swindled. tongue

No worry, I go arrange one nice red cap for you. You deserve it.

LOL. . . I 'inherited' the cap from my jovial boss. . . ''Ebube 1, the only green cap chief in Igboland'', that is his nick/praise name in the company, even though he is Yoruba. We also have staff bearing nicknames like Alhaji Galadima, Niger Delta militant etc. I like that ebube1 title and stole from my boss. What does green or red cap denote in Igboland, pls?
Re: Adeboye and Ibori by Nobody: 5:20pm On Mar 03, 2009
JustGood:

Why?
Why?
angry

Your case is more like the pharisee praying boasting nearby a tax collector in the church.
However, if this is the way you've been living your life; good for you and good for people around you. In Christianity; your type does not need more attention from the pastor or whoever cos you have attained the level of what Christianity is all about. undecided

Pastors are meant to draw looters, killers etc closer and not people like you who have already been saved.

Personally, I dont believe in Adeboye (not that he cares anyway), but I dont see anything wrong with a pasto/ Adeboye shaking hands with a visitor to his church but I will have problems when I see Gani shaking hands with OBJ or Ibori.

All in all, keep up your good deeds even if no one notices.

Jarus:

LOL. . . I 'inherited' the cap from my jovial boss. . . ''Ebube 1, the only green cap chief in Igboland'', that is his nick/praise name in the company, even though he is Yoruba. We also have staff bearing nicknames like Alhaji Galadima, Niger Delta militant etc. I like that ebube1 title and stole from my boss. What does green or red cap denote in Igboland, pls?

I hope some other person explains it for you cos my knowledge on the meaning might be limited. cheesy

Your office must be real fun. (playing around while working seriously)
Re: Adeboye and Ibori by Mowire: 5:26pm On Mar 03, 2009
If anyone wants Pastor Adeboye to know of his resentment about meeting and shaking hands with such people as Ibori it can better be done by going through the Redeemed website. There is a forum there too. The link is www.rccg.org.

That will do a lot more good than trying any useless religious halahala in this forum that he and those close to him hardly look at.

Lagosboy:

Tunde Bakare is an example he doesnt frolick with them, I do not think Bishop Gbonig does either , neither does olubumi okogie as far as i know and all other old school pastors.

I doubt if you know what you're saying here about Olubunmi Okogie.

Lagosboy:
My grudge is simple OBJ romanced with Adeboye and he could not speak against the 3rd term ambition.

Pastor Adeboye I know did not support the 3rd term agenda. I don't think he hid that from OBJ either.
Re: Adeboye and Ibori by Jarus(m): 5:33pm On Mar 03, 2009
nuzo:

Your office must be real fun. (playing around while working seriously)
Unlike banks where everybody is always serious, battling targets etc, we enjoy a free work environment here,with jokes interluding works, except for some time the bosses shout at us!. . . .and no be ministry I dey work o. . . lol
Re: Adeboye and Ibori by JustGood(m): 11:43am On Mar 04, 2009
nuzo:

Your case is more like the pharisee praying boasting nearby a tax collector in the church.
However, if this is the way you've been living your life; good for you and good for people around you. In Christianity; your type does not need more attention from the pastor or whoever cos you have attained the level of what Christianity is all about. undecided

Pastors are meant to draw looters, killers etc closer and not people like you who have already been saved.

Personally, I dont believe in Adeboye (not that he cares anyway), but I dont see anything wrong with a pasto/ Adeboye shaking hands with a visitor to his church but I will have problems when I see Gani shaking hands with OBJ or Ibori.

All in all, keep up your good deeds even if no one notices.

I am no pharisee. I only stated those things to show what I believe I also qualify for. Paul stated his credentials as well. . . is he also a pharisee for it?

Pastors are actually supposed to feed the flock and be sheperds. They draw looters as well in the process of evangelising. However, glorification of looters will only serve the purpose of encouraging the flock to become looters in order that they might also gain the kind of popularity that looters seem to have with pastors.
Re: Adeboye and Ibori by lucabrasi(m): 12:21pm On Mar 04, 2009
@post
so what if adeboye meets with ibori or other corrupt politicians??
if ibori in his own wisdom or otherwise hustles and tries his best to get a photo op with adeboye,thats left to him,as long as the man has not gone to ibori's house to beg for money or favours,like its been said here already and in the bible,the job of a man of GOD is not being in the midst of people who are already saved,but the sinners who are yet to be saved
Re: Adeboye and Ibori by Lagosboy: 12:32pm On Mar 04, 2009
[quote author=Mowire link=topic=241805.msg3539313#msg3539313 date=1236097561

I doubt if you know what you're saying here about Olubunmi Okogie.
[/quote] Well i could be wrong on this

[quote author=Mowire link=topic=241805.msg3539313#msg3539313 date=1236097561
Pastor Adeboye I know did not support the 3rd term agenda. I don't think he hid that from OBJ either.
[quote]

You knew but there was no public statement to butress this so we the public never knew. The polity was so heated and people were looking foward to the leading clergies to make public statement and we heard from some clergymen muslims and christians but as far as i know pastor Adeboye was silent on this issue and i would be glad if you proved me wrong.
Re: Adeboye and Ibori by Lagosboy: 12:33pm On Mar 04, 2009
lucabrasi:

@post
if ibori in his own wisdom or otherwise hustles and tries his best to get a photo op with adeboye,thats left to him,as long as the man has not gone to ibori's house to beg for money or favours,like its been said here already and in the bible,the job of a man of GOD is not being in the midst of people who are already saved,but the sinners who are yet to be saved

Well you could be right on this undecided
Re: Adeboye and Ibori by kaygee1234: 4:54pm On Mar 04, 2009
lucabrasi:

@post
True word but what has that got to do with hanging aroung with a hoodlum and not telling him the truth? Why did Adeboye not preach to the man and make him change his ways? Why did Adeboye not tell him to return is loot? Or no be the same adeboye that said that there's no proof against these looters?

Abegi
Re: Adeboye and Ibori by lucabrasi(m): 5:13pm On Mar 04, 2009
kaygee1234:

True word but what has that got to do with hanging aroung with a hoodlum and not telling him the truth? Why did Adeboye not preach to the man and make him change his ways? Why did Adeboye not tell him to return is loot? Or no be the same adeboye that said that there's no proof against these looters?

Abegi
and how exactly are we supposed to measure the sucess or failure of any preaching making an impact?the former head of the anglican communion(cant recall his name now)said when he met obasanjo,he gave him some suggestions and how much the ordinary nigerians are suffering,the answer obj gave him immediately dismissing the suggestion was it was "a christian economics"and laughting at him,the point here is that the man will tell ibori and others his own,same as a pastor will tell you or me to repent,they however have no power to force ibori or me or you to change by fire by force,how many preachers have knocked on your door or in the street that you have either ignored,or listened to and gone on to do your own thing?
saying there was no evidence,against them is because he hasnt personally seen any and didnt want to judge like the bible forbids lest he ll be judged same way without evidence
Re: Adeboye and Ibori by kaygee1234: 9:46am On Mar 05, 2009
lucabrasi:

and how exactly are we supposed to measure the sucess or failure of any preaching making an impact?the former head of the anglican communion(cant recall his name now)said when he met obasanjo,he gave him some suggestions and how much the ordinary nigerians are suffering,the answer obj gave him immediately dismissing the suggestion was it was "a christian economics"and laughting at him,the point here is that the man will tell ibori and others his own,same as a pastor will tell you or me to repent,they however have no power to force ibori or me or you to change by fire by force,how many preachers have knocked on your door or in the street that you have either ignored,or listened to and gone on to do your own thing?
saying there was no evidence,against them is because he hasnt personally seen any and didnt want to judge like the bible forbids lest he ll be judged same way without evidence
This has nothing to do with the Bible forbidding us not to judge but don't tell me you need more evidence to know that Ibori is a thief. By the way, this picture was taken after Ibori wasa accused by Ridadu. Don't give me that rubbish about no evidence seen. Comot for dia.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is This 'arewa Republic' / Obasanjo Farms And Delta State The Marriage! / Does Buhari Have An Alcohol Issue? Why Is His Speech Slurred And Impaired?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.