Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,176 members, 7,825,672 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

Kwankwaso Seeks Court Injunction Stopping EFCC From Arresting Him - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kwankwaso Seeks Court Injunction Stopping EFCC From Arresting Him (948 Views)

Mohammed Yunusa Dismissed By NJC Over Injunction Stopping EFCC From Probing Odua / Senators Form G77 To Remove EFCC From Presidency Control / Ministerial Confirmation: No Court Injunction Stopping Amaechi’s Screening – APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kwankwaso Seeks Court Injunction Stopping EFCC From Arresting Him by Nobody: 10:34am On Jul 01, 2015

The former Governor of Kano State and now a serving senator, Alhaji Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso, has approached a High Court sitting in Gezawa, seeking an injunction to restrain the Economic and Finance Crimes Commission (EFCC) from arresting him.

A notice filed by Kwankwaso’s attorney has been received by the Gezawa High Court registry and the court has subsequently fixed the case for hearing for tomorrow.

Pensioners in the state had written a petition to the EFCC against the former governor, accusing him of mismanaging the state’s pension fund.

The petition filed on their behalf by Bashir Nasir &Co and signed by A. B. Bulama, alleged that the former governor deposited the sum of N2billion in the Kano branch of the defunct Euro Bank Plc.

The petition added that soon after the deposit was made the bank went into liquidation.

According to the petition, Kwankwaso refused to follow up for a claim of the said deposit from the Nigeria Deposit Insurance Corporation (NDIC).

The petitioners said the action of the former governor was a flagrant violation of the provisions of the Kano State Pension and Gratuity Law.

Recently, the Accountant General of the state, the Permanent Secretary Ministry of Finance and his counterpart at the Ministry of Works were quizzed by EFCC in connection with the petition.

Kwankwaso, who has been hibernating in Abuja since he handed over power to Abdullahi Umar Ganduje, is believed to have left behind a N300 billion debt that included N199 million unpaid advert bills.

http://www.google.com.ng/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CB0QqQIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thisdaylive.com%2Farticles%2Fkwankwaso-seeks-court-injunction-stopping-efcc-from-arresting-him%2F213555%2F&ei=6bOTVZXQEeGE7gb16YTwAg&usg=AFQjCNFYCLVht6tjGI60jM6lTOPAZ5VgdQ&sig2=sgV6a-SOQOtM00NEJEBo-A
Re: Kwankwaso Seeks Court Injunction Stopping EFCC From Arresting Him by Nobody: 10:35am On Jul 01, 2015
if you've got no skeleton in your wardrobe, then why trying to hide under a court injuction...
Re: Kwankwaso Seeks Court Injunction Stopping EFCC From Arresting Him by Emekamex(m): 10:36am On Jul 01, 2015
Why won't he? The federal chief judge is a fellow northerner.
Re: Kwankwaso Seeks Court Injunction Stopping EFCC From Arresting Him by Emyben(m): 10:36am On Jul 01, 2015
Ok ooo, we are watching
Re: Kwankwaso Seeks Court Injunction Stopping EFCC From Arresting Him by Rahmonlee: 10:37am On Jul 01, 2015
Your MTN 0.00k Free Browsing suddenly stopped working? Solve it with below link now
[url=rahmonyz..com/2015/07/your-000kb-mtn-stuff-suddenly-stopped.html] Here[/url]

Mean no Spam! grin
Re: Kwankwaso Seeks Court Injunction Stopping EFCC From Arresting Him by Nobody: 10:39am On Jul 01, 2015
Tell saraki to save you na!
Re: Kwankwaso Seeks Court Injunction Stopping EFCC From Arresting Him by MKO4ever(m): 10:39am On Jul 01, 2015
...................Anambra prison straight...................

1 Like

Re: Kwankwaso Seeks Court Injunction Stopping EFCC From Arresting Him by dunkem21(m): 10:40am On Jul 01, 2015
APC and Fraud is like aki and pawpaw ..

We will gladly welcome you to Anambra prisons grin
Re: Kwankwaso Seeks Court Injunction Stopping EFCC From Arresting Him by bjdon: 10:41am On Jul 01, 2015
Buhari, I hope your 'War on corruption' will see all these ones as well, and not just focus on 'feedeefee' smiley
Re: Kwankwaso Seeks Court Injunction Stopping EFCC From Arresting Him by TechRev: 10:43am On Jul 01, 2015
CHANGE CHANGE CHANGE to the monkeys and baboons in the zoological republic of Nigeria.
Re: Kwankwaso Seeks Court Injunction Stopping EFCC From Arresting Him by dunkem21(m): 10:44am On Jul 01, 2015
bjdon:
Buhari, I hope your 'War on corruption' will see all these ones as well, and not just focus on 'feedeefee' smiley

For your info, Kwankwaso is not PDP ..

They should bundle him to Ekwulobia prisons grin
Re: Kwankwaso Seeks Court Injunction Stopping EFCC From Arresting Him by Mogidi: 10:44am On Jul 01, 2015
So APC governors can be corrupt also, I thought that was the exclusive preserve of PDP governors?
Re: Kwankwaso Seeks Court Injunction Stopping EFCC From Arresting Him by dunkem21(m): 10:45am On Jul 01, 2015
Mogidi:
So APC governors can be corrupt also, I thought that was the exclusive preserve of PDP governors?

Na so I think before o grin
Re: Kwankwaso Seeks Court Injunction Stopping EFCC From Arresting Him by Mogidi: 10:47am On Jul 01, 2015
dunkem21:

Na so I think before o grin
Hmmm!
Re: Kwankwaso Seeks Court Injunction Stopping EFCC From Arresting Him by sunny63(m): 10:48am On Jul 01, 2015
Is that d change we voted for?Kwakwaso y r u afraid?
Re: Kwankwaso Seeks Court Injunction Stopping EFCC From Arresting Him by masquellett(m): 10:48am On Jul 01, 2015
Mogidi:

No saint in Politics.
Re: Kwankwaso Seeks Court Injunction Stopping EFCC From Arresting Him by Mogidi: 10:51am On Jul 01, 2015
masquellett:

No saint in Politics.
They painted themselves as saints before the election though.
Re: Kwankwaso Seeks Court Injunction Stopping EFCC From Arresting Him by seedgreen(m): 10:53am On Jul 01, 2015
Following
Re: Kwankwaso Seeks Court Injunction Stopping EFCC From Arresting Him by Pheals(f): 10:57am On Jul 01, 2015
...E ki gbe ole ole!! Federal thief lol i haven't heard that before o

fela's lyrics : Catch am catch am .. Robber robber...
Re: Kwankwaso Seeks Court Injunction Stopping EFCC From Arresting Him by Wildrage: 11:54am On Jul 01, 2015
Nigeria is the only country I know where armed robbers joins the mob in lynching a pickpocket

(1) (Reply)

Biafra Zionist :judge Bows To Pressure / House For Rent: Housing Problems In Nigeria (Photo) / Reinstated Police Officer Wants CBN Governor Sent To Jail.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.