Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,990 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:54 AM

Wike Orders Payment Of Workers’ April, May Salaries - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Orders Payment Of Workers’ April, May Salaries (2349 Views)

Wike Orders Prosecution Of Asita Okorie Over Murder Of Corper / Wike Orders Arrest Of Pro-biafra Agitators / Presidency Orders Payment Of FG Workers’ Salaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike Orders Payment Of Workers’ April, May Salaries by Yem0350: 8:35pm On Jul 01, 2015
The Rivers State Governor, Chief Nyesom Wike, has
directed that civil servants in the state be paid April and
May salaries.
Wike said on Wednesday that the directive was in line
with his administration’s commitment to the welfare of
workers in the state.
The governor inherited the two months salary areas
from the immediate past administration in the state.
He assured civil servants that their welfare would be
given top priority by his administration.
Wike also expressed his commitment to promoting the
interest of all people resident in the state.
Meanwhile, Wike has said that funding will not be a
challenge in the state government’s commitment
towards rehabilitating and reconstructing major roads
in Port Harcourt.
Speaking during his inspection tour of the East West-
Elelenwo-TransAmadi-Garrison road on Wednesday, the
governor assured contractors that his administration
had taken steps to ensure that road projects are unded.
He charged the contractor handling the road to work
towards the established completion date, November.

www.punchng.com/news/wike-orders-payment-of-workers-april-may-salaries/
Re: Wike Orders Payment Of Workers’ April, May Salaries by Dbrainiac1(m): 8:39pm On Jul 01, 2015
Korrect
Re: Wike Orders Payment Of Workers’ April, May Salaries by Young03(m): 8:42pm On Jul 01, 2015
ori mma
Re: Wike Orders Payment Of Workers’ April, May Salaries by temitemi1(m): 8:52pm On Jul 01, 2015
Correct governor unlike that useless man in Osun who was paying december salary in july grin cheesy grin
Re: Wike Orders Payment Of Workers’ April, May Salaries by ipreach: 8:58pm On Jul 01, 2015
Wike is the only man that have the interest of his people at heart
Re: Wike Orders Payment Of Workers’ April, May Salaries by samueld0(m): 9:04pm On Jul 01, 2015
Like Wike like Fayose. They don't take the welfare of their people for granted

The first primary work of the goverment is to put food on the common man's table. All other thing should follow

5 Likes

Re: Wike Orders Payment Of Workers’ April, May Salaries by stebell(m): 9:10pm On Jul 01, 2015
Wike a man with purpose.
President Buhari, no purpose. Jus to answer the name president.

Wike carry D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ go. We the people of Rivers State are solidly behind yu.
Re: Wike Orders Payment Of Workers’ April, May Salaries by glory2glory: 9:12pm On Jul 01, 2015
Who is he ordering? Does he need to order to pay salaries. Other governors have paid June salaries without noise, Wike is still ordering. As if he is doing the workers a favour. I pity Rivers people. 30billion naira loan to be paid back from IGR, una go hear am.
Re: Wike Orders Payment Of Workers’ April, May Salaries by glory2glory: 9:14pm On Jul 01, 2015
Yem0350:
The Rivers State Governor, Chief Nyesom Wike, has
directed that civil servants in the state be paid April and
May salaries.
Wike said on Wednesday that the directive was in line
with his administration’s commitment to the welfare of
workers in the state.
The governor inherited the two months salary areas
from the immediate past administration in the state.
He assured civil servants that their welfare would be
given top priority by his administration.
Wike also expressed his commitment to promoting the
interest of all people resident in the state.
Meanwhile, Wike has said that funding will not be a
challenge in the state government’s commitment
towards rehabilitating and reconstructing major roads
in Port Harcourt.
Speaking during his inspection tour of the East West-
Elelenwo-TransAmadi-Garrison road on Wednesday, the
governor assured contractors that his administration
had taken steps to ensure that road projects are unded.
He charged the contractor handling the road to work
towards the established completion date, November.

www.punchng.com/news/wike-orders-payment-of-workers-april-may-salaries/

Which one is east west-elelenwo-trans amadi- garrison road?
Re: Wike Orders Payment Of Workers’ April, May Salaries by Yem0350: 9:16pm On Jul 01, 2015
glory2glory:
Who is he ordering? Does he need to order to pay salaries. Other governors have paid June salaries without noise, Wike is still ordering. As if he is doing the workers a favour. I pity Rivers people. 30billion naira loan to be paid back from IGR, una go hear am.
What about OSUN dat jst paid DEC salary? Wike paid the salary Rotimi supposed to av paid before leaving
Re: Wike Orders Payment Of Workers’ April, May Salaries by samueld0(m): 9:18pm On Jul 01, 2015
glory2glory:

It worth it dude. He's cleaning the mess Ameachi created before he left
Re: Wike Orders Payment Of Workers’ April, May Salaries by glory2glory: 9:32pm On Jul 01, 2015
Yem0350:

What about OSUN dat jst paid DEC salary? Wike paid the salary Rotimi supposed to av paid before leaving
Wike has not paid. The news said he ordered. Two weeks ago he promised the civil servants, he is yet to pay. Meanwhile allocation has been received and other governors have paid. If Wike was committed to workers welfare as he claims he would have paid off the workers who were yet to receive April salaries. Amaechi commenced payments of April salaries before he left.
Re: Wike Orders Payment Of Workers’ April, May Salaries by glory2glory: 9:36pm On Jul 01, 2015
samueld0:

It worth it dude. He's cleaning the mess Ameachi created before he left
What mess did Amaechi leave for him? How much debt did Amaechi leave for him? The guy has borrowed 30billion in one month, what exactly does he want to do with the money?
Re: Wike Orders Payment Of Workers’ April, May Salaries by help3852: 9:44pm On Jul 01, 2015
glory2glory:

What mess did Amaechi leave for him? How much debt did Amaechi leave for him? The guy has borrowed 30billion in one month, what exactly does he want to do with the money?
Do you know how many months salaries are being owed in rivers state, from state civil servants to teachers, doctors etc.

You should be asking what ameachi did with monthly allocation which is the second highest and IGR which is also third highest.
Re: Wike Orders Payment Of Workers’ April, May Salaries by U235weapongrade: 9:45pm On Jul 01, 2015
Onye obio-akpor,what about june....
Re: Wike Orders Payment Of Workers’ April, May Salaries by brainpower(m): 9:46pm On Jul 01, 2015
I know this man intends to work atleast to make his own mark. He has always been associated with action and he knows that it is the only thing that will endear him to the hearts of Rivers people. But money constraints and too many people to settle might disturb him coupled with Amaechi's problems. But he has my support.
Re: Wike Orders Payment Of Workers’ April, May Salaries by richidinho(m): 9:54pm On Jul 01, 2015
Now that is a God fearing leader

That yeye girl called Ngenekwenu will not report this kind of news
Re: Wike Orders Payment Of Workers’ April, May Salaries by samueld0(m): 10:14pm On Jul 01, 2015
Cc OAM4J, Afam4eva, Ikenna351
Re: Wike Orders Payment Of Workers’ April, May Salaries by Tekzyflex(m): 10:17pm On Jul 01, 2015
Last week we heard the same thing...ok let the alert start buzzing.
Re: Wike Orders Payment Of Workers’ April, May Salaries by DONMAYOR19(m): 10:21pm On Jul 01, 2015
Tekzyflex:
Last week we heard the same thing...ok let the alert start buzzing.
enemy of progress u will kill yourself with hatred. If no be say here na social media I for say u be heavy Mumu. 1-diot.
Re: Wike Orders Payment Of Workers’ April, May Salaries by ddippset(m): 10:25pm On Jul 01, 2015
All this one wike is doing is IGG initial gra gra. He's running around so that if the tribunal sacks him, the people will still vote for him. Rivers people will see the real wike if the tribunal upholds his election or he wins the re run. Rivers state will be doomed.
Re: Wike Orders Payment Of Workers’ April, May Salaries by Tekzyflex(m): 10:35pm On Jul 01, 2015
DONMAYOR19:
enemy of progress u will kill yourself with hatred. If no be say here na social media I for say u be heavy Mumu. 1-diot.

O boy u be foool oooo. See as u wan kill urself for person Wey no get ur time.
Re: Wike Orders Payment Of Workers’ April, May Salaries by mayorchelsea(m): 10:55pm On Jul 01, 2015
samueld0:
Like Wike like Fayose. They don't take the wearfair of their people for granted

The first primary work of the goverment is to put food on the common man's table. All other thing should follow
Haba!! wearfair?". See product of a failed educational system.
Re: Wike Orders Payment Of Workers’ April, May Salaries by Wildrage: 10:57pm On Jul 01, 2015
ddippset:
All this one wike is doing is IGG initial gra gra. He's running around so that if the tribunal sacks him, the people will still vote for him. Rivers people will see the real wike if the tribunal upholds his election or he wins the re run. Rivers state will be doomed.

He can't be worse than Amaechi, infact no one can be worse than that lousy lout who spent rivers money recklessly and obnoxiously like it's inexhaustible. Come to Rivers state and tell me if you can see evidence of a trillion naira expenditure, meanwhile close to 3trillion accrued to the state under his tenure. The bastard sold off 70% equity in the state power project for a whooping $300m dollars around nov last year, changed it through bureau de change and frittered it all away with no evidence of what it was spent on. Between Jan and February this year, sought the permission of the house to spend the 50b naira he claimed he was saving for the state since the inception of his administration, pls tell me what the money was spent on. Instead of forming a transition committee to hand over to the new administration, the clown was busy spending billions of state fund shopping round the country for an injunction to stop the swearing in. The worst Mistake Buhari can make is to entrust the "Ubima disaster" with a sensitive portfolio
Re: Wike Orders Payment Of Workers’ April, May Salaries by Tekzyflex(m): 11:28pm On Jul 01, 2015
Wildrage:

He can't be worse than Amaechi, infact no one can be worse than that lousy lout who spent rivers money recklessly and obnoxiously like it's inexhaustible. Come to Rivers state and tell me if you can see evidence of a trillion naira expenditure, meanwhile close to 3trillion accrued to the state under his tenure. The bastard sold off 70% equity in the state power project for a whooping $300m dollars around nov last year, changed it through bureau de change and frittered it all away with no evidence of what it was spent on. Between Jan and February this year, sought the permission of the house to spend the 50b naira he claimed he was saving for the state since the inception of his administration, pls tell me what the money was spent on. Instead of forming a transition committee to hand over to the new administration, the clown was busy spending billions of state fund shopping round the country for an injunction to stop the swearing in. The worst Mistake Buhari can make is to entrust the "Ubima disaster" with a sensitive portfolio

Amaechi nah fool
Re: Wike Orders Payment Of Workers’ April, May Salaries by samueld0(m): 11:39pm On Jul 01, 2015
mayorchelsea:
Haba!! wearfair?". See product of a failed educational system.

What a wicked soul You've got You've refused to correct me of my typographical error, but mocking me is the best you can do
Re: Wike Orders Payment Of Workers’ April, May Salaries by jlinkd78(m): 12:43am On Jul 02, 2015
I v always complained about Iwofe road and to God b d Glory, Wike has ordered MCC bk to site n 2 days ago they v actually started work on DAT road. It remains Egbelu / Ogbogoro road
Re: Wike Orders Payment Of Workers’ April, May Salaries by amaben2020(m): 12:58am On Jul 02, 2015
I love this Man, AMAECHI is a big loser, useless looter
Re: Wike Orders Payment Of Workers’ April, May Salaries by mayorchelsea(m): 7:33am On Jul 02, 2015
samueld0:

What a wicked soul You've got You've refused to correct me of my typographical error, but mocking me is the best you can do
The comments you made didn't show any sign that you needed correction. I only took you as one of those biafrans who see nothing good in people. Had to restrain from even attacking you verbally
Re: Wike Orders Payment Of Workers’ April, May Salaries by mistabiola: 7:37am On Jul 02, 2015
lipsrsealed
Re: Wike Orders Payment Of Workers’ April, May Salaries by glory2glory: 12:28pm On Jul 02, 2015
help3852:

Do you know how many months salaries are being owed in rivers state, from state civil servants to teachers, doctors etc.

You should be asking what ameachi did with monthly allocation which is the second highest and IGR which is also third highest.
3months salaries, April, May and June. Most have been paid April salaries before Amaechi left. Amaechi was paying salaries late but he was paying all the same. Allocation dropped! Rivers state wage bill is over 8billion which is also one of the highest and almost equivalent to the allocation. Wike has not paid civil servants any salaries since he took over yet he has borrowed 30b.
Amaechi had to pay off most of Rivers state debts. Rivers state debt profile is currently 17b which is amount the least compared to most states like CRS, AKS, Delta and LAG which owe hundreds of billion. Besides GEJ refused to refund to Amaechi 108billion used to construct federal roads.
Amaechi may not be perfect but he has tried.

(1) (Reply)

. / Top Ten Dictators Of Africa (photos) / Boko Haram: Stop Lying To Nigerians – Ezekwesili Dares Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.