Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam (46393 Views)

Final Year Student Of UNIZIK Dies From Malaria As Friends Mourn. Photos / Final Exam Pictures Of UNIUYO Business Management Students / 720 Intending Lawyers Fails Bar Final Exam.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam by Nobody: 7:35am On Jul 02, 2015
Well...goodluck to you!

I always wanted to study mass communication rig from secondary school
And I must say I did not regret a day choosing,my four years in school was me living my dreams.

1 Like

Re: Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam by platz(m): 7:35am On Jul 02, 2015
This is like chosen to suffer for no cause

1 Like

Re: Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam by Nobody: 7:36am On Jul 02, 2015
ifeanyija:
That's life for u
u are pretty, will u marry me.
Re: Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam by Nobody: 7:37am On Jul 02, 2015
[quote author=edoyad post=3538534. but he wouldn't be the first. Sanjay Gupta on CNN already do that.

I despise people like you and I feel pity for individuals who have to cope with your kind. [/quote]

Imagine combining neuro-surgery with journalism was a very laudable feat.

He should have persisted till the end of the program and then go back for journalism

2 Likes

Re: Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam by lastmessenger: 7:39am On Jul 02, 2015
I completely agree with with your last line.
The best would have been to complete his medical degree and then go on to become a journalist by taking a short course in journalism. I hear of medical correspondent in bbc and he would have fitted in perfectly in such role.
ALKARULEZZ:
Having the certificate is the primary motive.. The other things it entails are secondary, which are not as difficult as the former.. My favourite quote comes to mind in this situation;

Whenever you feel like quitting, think about why you started

Btw, Not all Mass Communicators studied Mass Communication

1 Like

Re: Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam by Nobody: 7:39am On Jul 02, 2015
He is a fool.

You could endure for 10 years. What's wrong with writing your final exam?

[size=20pt] He knows what he is doing but he doesn't know what's doing him.[/size]

4 Likes

Re: Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam by Nobody: 7:40am On Jul 02, 2015
He's my hero. He simply applied unconventional wisdom and trailed his passion. That's where success lies.

My former colleague of mine also dumped medicine for Chemical Engineering. Today, he's a fulfilled man, making it really big in the IOCs.

Life and success goes beyond certificate. Do what your passionate about.
Re: Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam by Nobody: 7:40am On Jul 02, 2015
Lagusta:

Actually, most of us ARE bright!!! grin
. Most medical students were the very best in their primary and secondary schools
Re: Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam by bestyclass(f): 7:41am On Jul 02, 2015
Lord!! I come against every spirit of near success syndrome in Jesus Name, Amen!!!

3 Likes

Re: Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam by Nobody: 7:42am On Jul 02, 2015
AgapeCharis:
He is a fool.

You could endure for 10 years. What's wrong with writing your final exam?

[size=20pt] He knows what he is doing but he doesn't know what's doing him.[/size]

I doubt you have the right to abuse him for choosing the direction of HIS life. People are becoming more courageous and self - directed these days.
Re: Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam by lasheez(m): 7:43am On Jul 02, 2015
If there is anything you should not do is doing anything in vain.Well he has done it and he is following his dream which makes him happy and finding fulfillment.This is just a tale of two stories and the moral of the story is:1.Never do anything in vain at least he should had written his final exam and 2.Do whatever makes you happy even if he had to give in 10yrs following his fathers dream,he finally believed and is following his own dream.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam by Jennifer89(f): 7:45am On Jul 02, 2015
he had to wait untill his final year? we would have just write the exams and go for a second degree

2 Likes

Re: Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam by Nobody: 7:45am On Jul 02, 2015
lasheez:
If there is anything you should not do is doing anything in vain.Well he has done it and he is following his dream which makes him happy and finding fulfillment.This is just a tale of two stories and the moral of the story is:1.Never do anything in vain at least he should had written his final exam and 2.Do whatever makes you happy even if he had to give in 10yrs following his fathers dream,he finally believed and is following his own dream.

I totally subscribe to your line of thought. That's all.
Re: Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam by femi4: 7:46am On Jul 02, 2015
chowlade:
very lazy student, loquacious is allowed though. 4 me there is no course in d Uni i cannot handle or dat i'll find difficut. all way na my way.

dis one na Omo jaiye jaiye na.
Its a pity you didn't read the story and you didn't read the posts before yours before writing those jagons
Re: Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam by AreaFada2: 7:46am On Jul 02, 2015
Lagusta:

Actually, most of us ARE bright!!! grin
Why do you even reply the clown. Top 2% of society in academic performance are not bright. Really? As if to cram those big books easy. And score minimum of 87 or even 91% just to pass a paper. In any case, people learn in different ways. If you just have to memorise your anatomy or pharmacology for exams, you do just that. Is he saying lawyers and engineers don't cram?

2 Likes

Re: Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam by Nickymezor(f): 7:47am On Jul 02, 2015
Hmmmm, gud for him den
Re: Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam by Nobody: 7:47am On Jul 02, 2015
Venom104:
Medicine a profession for crammers.. Most of them aren't actually bright..

At least he gets to challenge himself under journalism
. See this mumu o, you think the medical curriculum is one small pamphlet you can just cram. Every subject is like a course for most undergraduates, and if you are the cramming type you will surely fail. There is a limit to what u can cram. Most medical students would surely be easy first class materials in other courses

1 Like

Re: Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam by ElPhoche(m): 7:49am On Jul 02, 2015
Some of us are not cut out for the job. To have survived up to final year in medicine means that you are more intelligent than the average lot. I know a lot like him now in my class. But to have just given up 2 weeks before the final MBBS smacks of a bad decision. He should have weathered it out and then gone for the course of his choice.
I know some people in my class who say they wont practice after graduation, like Kelvin who says he is going to play professional football.
I am two weeks from my own final exams, come 24th July by his grace, I would be a certified doctor.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam by edigas1996: 7:51am On Jul 02, 2015
i lik dat dcision........bfr u cm da murder pple fr operation.... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam by cerzo(m): 7:52am On Jul 02, 2015
rubbish..dat is what i called frustration..smth is wrong wth him..maybe he knows dat he is going to fail..nd it may entail withdrawal..his admission to unilag was it via transfer or jamb..if by transfer then he is right in wat he did cus writing d exam nd failing it will lead to withdrawal from college of medicine..gd luck bro...u re lucky dat u parent have d money to support u

1 Like

Re: Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam by Nobody: 7:54am On Jul 02, 2015
cult boiz don threaten my Niqqa him dey here dey yarn shii.
undecided
Re: Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam by Realist2: 7:54am On Jul 02, 2015
isolated:
rare

Don't you see em mouth like fowl yansh?
Why not obtain the certificate of that of medicine first before you go and enrolls in mass com?

1 Like

Re: Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam by noblegrex: 7:54am On Jul 02, 2015
Yea:: he looks like a journalist but he's stupid. After 10yrs. Even when it seems to b true I refused to believe it. What is he thinking all this whille when he's failing faling failing n failed till final year b4 making that ureasonable bt desirus decision.

1 Like

Re: Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam by Nobody: 7:57am On Jul 02, 2015
dearpreye:

I doubt you have the right to abuse him for choosing the direction of HIS life. People are becoming more courageous and self - directed these days.
I'm not abusing him. I only stated the obvious. Yes he chose a direction for his life but it was a very foolish step by taking the wrong part. He could have written his final exam just in two weeks and go ahead to pursue his dream in mass comm.

Nothing is wrong with the decision he made but he stepped his foot on a wrong part. Even if you don't want it, at least, for the persons that have spent a fortune on you for the past decade
Even if he's the one seeing himself through school, there is no iota of wisdom in quitting just two weeks to final exam after 10 years.

That makes him a renowned fool. It's not an insult. Just stating the obvious.

1 Like

Re: Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam by chukzzy1(m): 7:57am On Jul 02, 2015
chowlade:

wot's chemistry and geology mitcheew talkless of medcine.
you'll actuually fail in the english department "talkless"

1 Like

Re: Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam by me1234: 7:58am On Jul 02, 2015
O boy see witch hand work. I think that the father must have offended the village gods. They are obviously after him. Prayers needed.

1 Like

Re: Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam by me1234: 7:59am On Jul 02, 2015
O boy see witch hand work. I think that the father must have offended the village gods. They are obviously after him. Prayers needed.
Re: Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam by funkybully(f): 8:01am On Jul 02, 2015
Chinua Achebe and Chimamanda Adichie both abandoned medicine for English literature.

Not a big deal, though I see him as wasteful son. U for to final n u couldn't endure.

4 Likes

Re: Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam by ElPhoche(m): 8:02am On Jul 02, 2015
cerzo:
rubbish..dat is what i called frustration..smth is wrong wth him..maybe he knows dat he is going to fail..nd it may entail withdrawal..his admission to unilag was it via transfer or jamb..if by transfer then he is right in wat he did cus writing d exam nd failing it will lead to withdrawal from college of medicine..gd luck bro...u re lucky dat u parent have d money to support u
I was wondering oh, since his final exams should hqve been by July. He would have waited for Jamb, unless he switched or something which he did not explain well.
Re: Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam by Nobody: 8:02am On Jul 02, 2015
chukzzy1:
you'll actuually fail in the english department "talkless"

chukzzy1:
You'll actually fail in the English department "talk less"

Wot of you?
Re: Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam by 5minsmadness: 8:02am On Jul 02, 2015
sofadj:
Very bold decision, he was begged by everybody including lecturers and his enemies to come write the final exam but he refused.

Years have gone by now but I still believe he made a wrong decision, he should have written the final exam, obtained his certificate as a doctor and then proceeded to study whatever he wished to study.

That way not only would he actualise his dream, that would probably make him the first doctor-journalist.
I disagree with you 50%.
The moment you get your medical certificate it'd like a one way speeding train into the medical world and you can hardly stop for anything until one day you wake up and realise you are deeply embedded in a profession you hate with passion and by then it might be too late. People will keep asking you "ah but you have the medical certificate already na, why not continue the practice." It might actually have been easier for him to do what he did than write the final exam and probably seal his fate forever.

The guy courageous sha.

1 Like

Re: Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam by ChelseaDr(m): 8:03am On Jul 02, 2015
Lagusta:
Yes, I know him very well, he was my senior....

I was there when everything happened....

Even the HODs of medicine and surgery were begging him to go and write the final exams, even if it was just his name he would write on the answer scripts....

He even went against his mother's wish....

But I'm still proud of Alfa esin as we all know him to be....

My brother from another mother, lm happy you know this guy...but l want to tell you that this guy did not pass 2nd MB... mark my word you can dig this out... he probably joined gis colleagues to clinicals to deceive his peeps but had no other option but to quit.

Thi is because l find it difficult to believe he left two weeks to his 5th MB BS exam... check it naahhh! Even if it was his last chance he should have attempted the exam..the department may have taken decision to pass him...who knows... and he left just like that? U and l know there is more to this story

l wish him well anyway

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Sister Result Brain And Beauty..pics / #PHOTO: UNIABUJA Student Dies In His Sleep Night After Death Tweet / Abdulkareem, UNILORIN VC Strips Graduands Off Their Gowns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.