Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,501 members, 7,812,545 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:07 PM

Abdulkareem, UNILORIN VC Strips Graduands Off Their Gowns - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Abdulkareem, UNILORIN VC Strips Graduands Off Their Gowns (46401 Views)

UNIJOS Erroneously Awards First Class Degrees To Law Graduands / Unilorin VC Tasks Young Entrepreneurs On Local Content / Oluwatoni Sanni On The List Of 1st Class Graduands At University Of Bristol (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abdulkareem, UNILORIN VC Strips Graduands Off Their Gowns by Zenithsblog(f): 3:54pm On Aug 30, 2019
Parents and their wards have been left puzzled and totally stranded at the ongoing 4th Induction/Oath Taking Ceremony organized by the *Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Ilorin (Unilorin)* in conjunction with the Pharmacist Council of Nigeria (PCN) as the Vice Chancellor of the university, Professor Sulyman Age Abdulkareem ordered the sudden cancellation of the 32-man list of graduating students earlier issued by the faculty.

According to the video, the graduands were stripped off their gowns at the entrance of the venue because they didn’t pass a course which was waived by the immediate past Dean, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Late Prof. Abdulkareem Aguna.

The student added that the Vice Chancellor, Prof. Age Abdulkareem, who’s opposed to the waiver was quoted as saying he was indisposed to honoring the opinion of the late dean since he is no more.

The event, which was scheduled to commence at exactly 10:00 am today at the University Auditorium, was delayed until noon *because the VC was reportedly reluctant to attend because he wasn’t adequately carried along*. Parents and affected students couldn’t hold back their tears, having been told to prepare for today’s ceremony.

Surprisingly the department’s best graduating student, Lawal Azeemat Adeola, who’s number 20 on the graduation list wasn’t also qualified to graduate.

See more below..
https://zenithnaija.com/parents-in-shock-as-unilorin-vc-strips-graduands-off-their-gowns-photos/

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abdulkareem, UNILORIN VC Strips Graduands Off Their Gowns by Magichand: 4:10pm On Aug 30, 2019
Lol.. Las las school na scam tongue

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abdulkareem, UNILORIN VC Strips Graduands Off Their Gowns by brodalikeme(m): 4:19pm On Aug 30, 2019
Nigerian universities, where one man can play god over the destinies of a number of people.
A course has been waived by a department, yet one man said he wasn’t carried along(not that it is against the university policy Oo)
The man he couldn’t look in eye and say no to is now dead, suddenly he has grown balls to oppose the graduation of student and shaming the memories of late scholar.

No one should think he is trying to uphold some standards here. He is trying to be vindictive and the students will be allowed to graduate eventually without a resit after his ego has been pampered.

253 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Abdulkareem, UNILORIN VC Strips Graduands Off Their Gowns by lathrowinger: 5:20pm On Aug 30, 2019
U don't mean it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abdulkareem, UNILORIN VC Strips Graduands Off Their Gowns by SmallmebigGod: 5:26pm On Aug 30, 2019
Show of shame, he would have stopped them earlier

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Abdulkareem, UNILORIN VC Strips Graduands Off Their Gowns by Commentor: 5:53pm On Aug 30, 2019
^ Illiterate.

They'll rather send our own on a condolence visit, while the president is galvanizing in foreign countries

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abdulkareem, UNILORIN VC Strips Graduands Off Their Gowns by b3llo(m): 6:07pm On Aug 30, 2019
Is the VC mentally sound? He should have honoured the decision of the past Dean. He is behaving as if he has the key to their future. Nanzenze

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Abdulkareem, UNILORIN VC Strips Graduands Off Their Gowns by zurielsam(m): 6:14pm On Aug 30, 2019
Age A.K.A Kettle if you know you know grin grin grin

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abdulkareem, UNILORIN VC Strips Graduands Off Their Gowns by Modernist: 6:22pm On Aug 30, 2019
zurielsam:
Age A.K.A Kettle if you know you know grin grin grin
Are you trying to say what I'm thinkin grin Do you mean he's a Headsla__er.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abdulkareem, UNILORIN VC Strips Graduands Off Their Gowns by Nobody: 6:23pm On Aug 30, 2019
Yes. He's in charge....

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abdulkareem, UNILORIN VC Strips Graduands Off Their Gowns by wellmax(m): 6:24pm On Aug 30, 2019
One day one day, this VC too will die.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abdulkareem, UNILORIN VC Strips Graduands Off Their Gowns by joseph1832(m): 6:24pm On Aug 30, 2019
They didn't pass a course yet, the school senate approved their result? Am I missing something here?

29 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Abdulkareem, UNILORIN VC Strips Graduands Off Their Gowns by adecz: 6:26pm On Aug 30, 2019
cool cool

Half baked pharmacists!!!

What an international embarrassment ....

Wetin person no go see under Buhari?

Na under him, in the history of the world, that
a prisoner is handcuffed, under guard, to
fly to another country for treatment
. sad sad sad sad sad

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abdulkareem, UNILORIN VC Strips Graduands Off Their Gowns by Mutemenot(m): 6:26pm On Aug 30, 2019
The man may be responsible for the Dean's death .. He's full of bitterness

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abdulkareem, UNILORIN VC Strips Graduands Off Their Gowns by toyinjimoh(m): 6:26pm On Aug 30, 2019
wellmax:
One day one day, this VC too will die.
no be lie nothing last forever

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abdulkareem, UNILORIN VC Strips Graduands Off Their Gowns by missjo(f): 6:26pm On Aug 30, 2019
Why would he wait until d-day to do this?undecided
There is definitely a backstory

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abdulkareem, UNILORIN VC Strips Graduands Off Their Gowns by Nobody: 6:26pm On Aug 30, 2019
Reign of tyrants.

Who approved the whole results in the first instance

The VC should be queried or immediately fired.

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Abdulkareem, UNILORIN VC Strips Graduands Off Their Gowns by Candycrushy(f): 6:28pm On Aug 30, 2019
Mutemenot:
The man may be responsible for the Dean's death .. He's full of bitterness
My thoughts exactly...the matter should seriously be looked into...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abdulkareem, UNILORIN VC Strips Graduands Off Their Gowns by naijadrivablog: 6:29pm On Aug 30, 2019
Village people

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abdulkareem, UNILORIN VC Strips Graduands Off Their Gowns by armadeo(m): 6:31pm On Aug 30, 2019
Utter rubbish.

Class action suit in the making

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abdulkareem, UNILORIN VC Strips Graduands Off Their Gowns by Amuocha: 6:31pm On Aug 30, 2019
Buhari sef

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Abdulkareem, UNILORIN VC Strips Graduands Off Their Gowns by KingAzubuike(f): 6:32pm On Aug 30, 2019
So what happened to parents who brought food along.

I mean what happens to the food

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abdulkareem, UNILORIN VC Strips Graduands Off Their Gowns by oneitalia: 6:34pm On Aug 30, 2019
Quite a sad and uneventful day for the parents and graduands. I’m sure the past VC didn’t just passed away yesterday, but this present VC just want to be vindictive for nothing. I’m sure the senate must have cleared the students but I must show myself VC needs to wait for the big day to embarrass himself.. small minded people.. like Ambode, like this Unilorin VC. Tueh

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abdulkareem, UNILORIN VC Strips Graduands Off Their Gowns by KingAzubuike(f): 6:35pm On Aug 30, 2019
oneitalia:
Quite a sad and uneventful day for the parents and graduands. I’m sure the past VC didn’t just passed away yesterday, but this present VC just want to be vindictive for nothing. I’m sure the senate must have cleared the students but I must show myself VC needs to wait for the big day to embarrass himself.. small minded people.. like Ambode, like this Unilorin VC. Tueh
Did u witness this nonsense..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abdulkareem, UNILORIN VC Strips Graduands Off Their Gowns by MDBoss(m): 6:35pm On Aug 30, 2019
They don't waive anything In Unilorin. Even if you failed 0unit course, you would come back

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abdulkareem, UNILORIN VC Strips Graduands Off Their Gowns by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 6:36pm On Aug 30, 2019
Waving a course is very good, Computer CSC102 Is the worst Course In School, FINALLY SCHOOL NA SCAM

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abdulkareem, UNILORIN VC Strips Graduands Off Their Gowns by coluka: 6:37pm On Aug 30, 2019
See how they are Playing with people's lives anyhow

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abdulkareem, UNILORIN VC Strips Graduands Off Their Gowns by Asour: 6:37pm On Aug 30, 2019
joseph1832:
They didn't pass a course yet, the school senate approved their result? Am I missing something here?

Apparently they (a lecturer with the knowledge of others) waived their (some students) failures. My opinion doesn't count but without this coming to light, "some" could swear that this waiving practice doesn't exist in their institution.

Oh well.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Primary School Pupils Visit Uyo Airport (Photos) / Mmesoma Ejikeme Gets Scholarship Sponsorship To The UK From Bitcoin Chief / The Largest Mega Primary School In Borno State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.