Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,591 members, 7,837,240 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] - Satellite TV Technology (85) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (261890 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (175) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by williams85(m): 5:03am On Jul 07, 2009
@all newbies, why not go back to the previous post and read them. Their are so many birds you can track in naija without sweat. just name any sat you want to track, and the procedue will be given to you detail by detail. Unless you want to track out of footprint birds like nilesat or badr, u can call 4 help. This forum is more or less do it yourself. Hope you grab?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 8:07am On Jul 07, 2009
uchesnna:

Greetings to my people,

Geroge D, how are u, i hope fine. i miss bros . really i did try since last week , but i could not get the birds that u gave me the tracking frequency . i dont know why i could not get any signal . pls do u have any solution to this bro , i will be glad if u can be of help to me THIS WHERE THE SATELITE NAMES: .intelsat 901. intelsat 907,intelsat 10-02 ,INTELSAT 903.

THANKS BRO .

STILL COUNTING ON YOU .

UCHENNA WRITES

@uchesnna,
Unless you're not doing the right thing, those tracking frequencies I gave you should bring
out those birds. But remember that if your dish alignment is wrong, then no magic frequency
can give you green. So, check your alignment again. If you're having great challenges in
setting the declination angle for your polar mount, then call somebody with knowledge in that
area and observe as he does it so that next time you can repeat same.
We all have different learning capacities and some of us learn better by direct observation.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by rugambwar: 8:27am On Jul 07, 2009
eduzo:

rugamwar
salutations. you can see what the rdi-board lacks.
eduzo
George_D:

@rugambwar,
I just checked out your forum and I must say I was greatly impressed. What you people
lack in terms of info and product availability, we take for granted here on nairaland.
You will do well to hook up with olofofo in lagos since you're in town. Just call him by the
phone number he has provided and all your coco & abara card inquiries will be adequately
answered.
You are welcome to our side of the equator.
olofofo:

if you are truly in lagos give me a call, am sure i can be of help. 08033401080. I did not know that there was a specific thread dedicated to african viewers on that forum. thanks for pointing it out. am sure they can learn from us and vice versa.

@butoneday

WELDONE DOOO. holla when when you can for some cost saving info regarding our mutual interest.

@alofofo
thanks for the offer, i appreciate it and so will by brothers back home. i will call you in the course of the day, your line is still down.

@eduzo
indeed, i can observe what we lack, but with the co-operation we are getting from the entire forum people, we should shape up in no time!

@george_d
yeah, we use that forum and mainly the east african located fta enthusiasts, but we have eduzo as part of the forum and a couple of other persons who directed me to this nairaland forum. i've noticed alot of satellite dishes in this region so the industry is more advanced than back home, our people are not yet in tune with this whole satellite dish, and receivers, a few of us are encouraging the masses and educating them as best as we can.

thanks nairaland for the info.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by JMS(m): 10:04am On Jul 07, 2009
Hi FTA family, i am on holliday far away from my home, i would like to share this information with you, Free2view has sent me the mail with these paramaters for those who wish to watch Michael Jackson tribute event live from Sirius 4 at 4.8°E frequency 12562V sr 27500; i do not know whether it's just a feed or a tv channel, encryption: clear. please try it on and let the house know just today. thanks in advance!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by digitalglo(m): 11:30am On Jul 07, 2009
Hello Guys,
I'm new to this particular thread. Had a problem with my fta and had to look in as I was searching for solution.
I have a strong decoder 4640. I really want to know how I can receive JSC sport channels on nilesat and showtime/ART. PLs I'll be glad to recieve the most recent keys(codes) and how to effectively input them. Thanks as I look forward to ur contributions,
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 12:13pm On Jul 07, 2009
@ olofofo try to get in touch with the Uganda guy. I think i ll get the smartwin from here,men the thing high oh! @ Butoneday long time,how ur end? @ George D how body? @ all please everybody should hold on on the issue of ftb,plz stop sending request for ftb software to my box for now cos nothing is wort giving out for now,all the program re not working and they re terribly attacking my system,u guys should hold until something new and better comes up. Lets continue enjoying what we ve for now. @ enitan and Mr Gem what up with u guys? Long time, i miss u guys.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 12:14pm On Jul 07, 2009
@ olofofo try to get in touch with the Uganda guy. I think i ll get the smartwin from here,men the thing high oh! @ Butoneday long time,how ur end? @ George D how body? @ all please everybody should hold on on the issue of ftb,plz stop sending request for ftb software to my box for now cos nothing is wort giving out for now,all the program re not working and they re terribly attacking my system,u guys should hold until something new and better comes up. Lets continue enjoying what we ve for now. @ enitan and Mr Gem what up with u guys? Long time, i miss u guys.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by dodos(f): 12:16pm On Jul 07, 2009
@ all

The site for Multi TV in ghana is up now.  The unfortunate thing is that it is FTA only with their Digibox.  The box is also MPEG 4
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by jujukemist(m): 12:54pm On Jul 07, 2009
Pito, I hail.
All, my humble greetings
george d, special greetings
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Obidebs: 1:40pm On Jul 07, 2009
Olason pls i need your help. I stay in amukoko here in lagos, i have 2 90cm dish. Pls tell me which fta will be good for me to search in order to watch la liga and premiership. Thanks i await ur reply
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Dejsam(m): 2:38pm On Jul 07, 2009
@ ifende,

my paddy we need to yarn about that stuff o.been trying to reach u on chat but to no avail.and ur nos have not been reachable from my end.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by uchesnna: 2:53pm On Jul 07, 2009
Greetings GEROGE D.

Am thankful for your reply and concern. i will do as u have said . and give u feed back soonest.

love

uchnenna
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by uchesnna: 2:59pm On Jul 07, 2009
greetings to my people .

i saw this online make we all read oh .

Multi TV Ghana, a new free digital satellite TV service [updated]
By Oluniyi David Ajao on July 3, 2009

Kojo Oppong-Nkrumah, the host of Joy FM’s Super Morning Show has been teasing his listeners’ for some days now about a new service from Joy FM’s parent company Multimedia Group Limited. The service is essentially a free multi-channel digital satellite system available in every corner of Ghana. From the group’s website:

MultiTV Ghana
MultiTV is a nationwide free to air Television in Ghana. It currently operates 20 radio and TV channels and still counting. These include Joy TV, Joy News, Joy Sports, Adom TV, Hitz TV, 4Kids, Cine Afrik, Nhyira TV, The Jesus Channel, Real TV.
It appears subscribers would only pay for equipment (digital set-up box/decoder, satellite dish) and installation. Since the service is on satellite, it would be accessible from every corner of Ghana, and by extension most part of West Africa at least. I have no information about what satellite platform the service is on. I will share that information and as soon as I come across it.

Joy FM is easily Ghana’s best radio station. The station is very professional and has maintained high standards over the years. I will write a full review about Joy FM soon. Going by the quality offered by MGL through Joy FM, one can safely conclude that MultiTV would be a very good service.

UPDATE on Monday 6th July 2009:

MultiMedia Group Limited is having a media launch for its MultiTV service today.

The service is the newest edition to the MultiMedia family. MultiMedia has been around for 15 years, offering entertainment, news of the highest quality across 6 radio stations and an online service to the people of Ghana.

Listeners have been yearning and craving for the full complement of media services. After some research, the company came to the realization that there is an opportunity to go into TV and offer that service.

Subscribers to MultiTV will need to buy a digibox from distributors spread across Ghana, and the digibox is a one-time investment. No subcription or monthly charges is required and subscribers would have access to high-quality digital TV/Radio channels.

MultiTV is starting-off with 20 radio and TVs but the technology can be scaled-up to 200 channels and therefore offers are open for churches, sport clubs to sign-up for their own respective channels. The service would be available across Ghana from day 1 since this is a satellite service.

Their website www.multitvworld.com is still under construction as at this morning and as such does not offer any information.

A brief overview of the channels:

Joy TV: international movies and series, general entertainment
Cine Afrik: movies and series from Ghana, Nigeria and other African countries
Hit TV: Music and lifestyle channel
Kids TV: Award-winning programmes targetted at children
Joy Sports: European leagues and tournamements. In addition to soccer, the station will promote other sports like basketball, lawn tennis, golf etc.
Joy News: A combination of France24, CNN, BBC, AlJazeera and some local content from Joy. It would also feature great current affair programmes.
Jesus Channel: A combo of foreign gospel music and christian kids programming, movies, praise and worship, preaching and more.
Nhyria TV: Everything gospel, in Ghanaian local language
Adom TV: Complete local language programming, movies, telenovelas dubbed into local languages, sports, news etc
Real TV: reality show and events, JOY FM bridal fair, Joy FM old-school reunion etc. Companies and organizations would also be able to their events live on this channel.
Essentially, MultiTV will synergize with existing radio stations belonging to MultiMedia Group Ltd. Local producers also have the platform to showcase their best productions.

You can call MultiTV on 021-211680-5

uchenna
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by spaceman(m): 5:13pm On Jul 07, 2009
@ Dejsam, George-D,Enitan,
spaceman:

@ all
I used "Hitv" dish measuring 60cm x 66cm (60cm for short) to track Eut W4, but tracking Intelsat 7/10, I was only able to catch Mana sat 1$2. Mytv an other fta are not comming out green even after fine tunning lnb. what could be the problem house?

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Dejsam(m): 6:19pm On Jul 07, 2009
spaceman:

@ Dejsam, George-D,Enitan,

@spaceman,

don't tamper with ur set up. as long as u have gotten signal on intelsat 7/10.at least u should be getting a strenght of about 60% just enter these frequencies manually and u will be ok.

12522 H 26657

12722 H 26657

12722 V 26657

12575 V 03378(e.t.v)

12562 H 26657

12682 H 26657

12682 V 26657.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by fxproff(m): 6:30pm On Jul 07, 2009
hi FTA, it been long! Wow, this thread is growing!,
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olason(m): 6:36pm On Jul 07, 2009
Obideps, go and read previous post u wil get answers there.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 6:40pm On Jul 07, 2009
@spaceman,
I'm sorry I seem to have missed your question the first time.

Manasat 1 & 2 tp (12575V) is the strongest for intelsat 7/10/ku this part of the country,
so that you're getting it is no surprise but you didn't state the signal quality. If you're getting
anything less than 70% that may explain why you're not getting other tps.
Check your east position to make sure nothing is blocking the view and also check your lnb
skew. Using STRONG lnb, your lnb skew should be a little bit before 3'oclock position when
facing the dish and facing west. Try using the short strong lnb as against the long one that
needs adjustment in and out.

If you try again and you're still getting the same results, change the dish to a normal 90cm
dish.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 6:51pm On Jul 07, 2009
@pitodenze,
How far? You scarce no be small o! How far about that your badr installation
in the villa? The rain these days na wao! The thing nearly scatter my nilesat
(again!) but for divine intervention.
This is not the best time to do any fresh installation of out-of-footprint birds o!

@jujukemist,
Long time no see. Your brothers are stepping up the movement here o! Jungle
is not the most pleasant place to be for now o!

@uchesnna,
My pleasure. Just make sure you study the guy well well for sake of next time.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Obidebs: 6:52pm On Jul 07, 2009
Pls, i need d frequency and tp of the following sat
1. Eutelsat w3a
2. nss7c
3. Intelsat 7/10
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by rich8: 7:03pm On Jul 07, 2009
hi bros please is there any way i can get juju card in ghana pls,
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jul 07, 2009
@ all,

Thank you guys for standing by all through thick and thin, fat and lepa fishes,

Am done now at the jungle and am fully back on the forum.

Watch out for more.

tqwins, george, butoneday, badaru, ola, ifende, microgiant, pitodenz, bodejohn, e.t.c, thanks so much, Am done now with my jungle studies for now.
And back fully to FTA and phishing
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 7:56pm On Jul 07, 2009
@enitan,
You're welcome back from school. I hope you show all those professors pepper?

It's just as well that you have come at this time because we have so many new
members needing so many things so you could be of great help in assisting them
too.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Dejsam(m): 8:07pm On Jul 07, 2009
Obidebs:

Pls, i need d frequency and tp of the following sat
1. Eutelsat w3a
2. nss7c
3. Intelsat 7/10

@obidebs,

pls look at the post above for intelsat 7/10 frequencies.will get back to u on nss7c and w3a frequencies.

but i belive if u search the forum properly all these tps are there.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 9:20pm On Jul 07, 2009
JMS:

Hi FTA family, i am on holliday far away from my home, i would like to share this information with you, Free2view has sent me the mail with these paramaters for those who wish to watch Michael Jackson tribute event live from Sirius 4 at 4.8°E frequency 12562V sr 27500; i do not know whether it's just a feed or a tv channel, encryption: clear. please try it on and let the house know just today. thanks in advance!

@JMS,
No green from that tp. However there are multiple channels carrying the program live right now:
SABC 1 & Citizen tv @Intelsat 902/c, AIT @Intelsat 901/c, TVM mozambique @w3a, etc.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by nolywe(m): 3:20am On Jul 08, 2009
@all, Please,is sirius 2,3 the same with sirius 4??, Im using strong decoder 4663x and i cant find sirius 4, Thanks for helping[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by odilibe(m): 7:39am On Jul 08, 2009
@nolywe.
all this satellites
are different,
sirius 2
sirius 3
sirius 4.
sirius 2 which was on 5east was replaced by
sirius 4 now at 4.8e which has an
african beam.
sirius,2 no lönger
exists.
sirius 3 is used as back up for
sirius 4.
You may not be able to see sirius 4 on your strong-receiver becåuse
sirius 4 is a new
satellite,it need to be added by
strong company.
all new receivers
made after the
launch of sirius 4
may have it on the receiver satellite list.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Dejsam(m): 8:07am On Jul 08, 2009
nolywe:

@all, Please,is sirius 2,3 the same with sirius 4??, Im using strong decoder 4663x and i cant find sirius 4, Thanks for helping[color=#990000][/color]

@nolywe,

just use sirius on ur strong receiver to scan or u enter the tps manually. 4663x has it and thats what i use too.u dont need to start looking for sirius 2,3,or4.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by spaceman(m): 9:24am On Jul 08, 2009
@ Dejsam,
Thank u for your response. These freq. I have tried, and only the 12575V/3378 works giving me the Manas. Notwithstanding, I will still go back to it with the never give up spirit of fta.Thanks a lot.
@ Goerge.
I appreciate your technical Know how man. The highest strength I ever got is about 65%. I thought of it as much, too small for a signal being beamed to us. I have skewed and re skewed. Nevertheless that I shall do again and all d green feathers of the bird shall come out. I'm sure there is just something Ive not done right. As for 90cm, make that one stay aside first.
As for the nilesat I promised to hint u, space in the yard has been hindering me. I need to erect a platform for the dish to keep it above any obstruction. no problem man.
Eyo eyo I CAN DO IT MYSELF!
Enjoy
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by blexxonmak(m): 10:06am On Jul 08, 2009
@all.I have in my possession a software for Channel List Backup for strong receivers (X, 4640, 4653X,etc).Interested members should contact me via my email address.
REMEMBER TO SAY THANK YOU!!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Jesude: 10:10am On Jul 08, 2009
Comrade Dejsam & George D. Gdmorning,

i was able to combine the two satellites (Sirius and W3A ) together using one LNB and it work for me,  using the same Disecq port number, thanks so  much.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by blexxonmak(m): 10:48am On Jul 08, 2009
@ Jesu de.Well done!Could you tell us how you were able to achieve this for the enlightenment of newbies in the forum.

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (175)

Strong Receivers Thread / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Free to Air codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.