Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,294 members, 7,839,440 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:15 PM

Billionaire Saudi Prince To Give Away $32 Billion Fortune - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Billionaire Saudi Prince To Give Away $32 Billion Fortune (1754 Views)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala At The Vatican With Pope Francis & Fortune 500 CEOs / Saudi Prince Invitation : Osinbajo To Represent Buhari On Trip / Donald Trump In Twitter Spat With Saudi Prince Alwaleed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Billionaire Saudi Prince To Give Away $32 Billion Fortune by Nobody: 5:55am On Jul 02, 2015
Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal, the Saudi Arabian billionaire and one of the world's richest people, announced on Wednesday that he will donate all of his wealth of $32 billion (£20.5 billion) to charity over the coming years.
The money will go to the Saudi prince's organisation called Alwaleed Philanthropies to work in the fields of "intercultural understanding" and supporting communities in need, he said in a statement.
Programmes will include promoting health, eradicating disease, bringing electricity to remote villages, building orphanages and schools, as well as "empowering women".
• Saudi prince criticised for offering Bentleys to pilots bombing Yemen
The prince, chairman of investment firm Kingdom Holding Company, said he has already donated $3.5 billion to the charitable organisation.
Al-Waleed joins other billionaires who have made similar pledges in recent years, such as Warren Buffett, Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg and Michael Bloomberg.
He credited the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation for their wide range of charitable projects and said his organisation has partnered with them on health initiatives.
"Philanthropy is a personal responsibility, which I embarked upon more than three decades ago and is an intrinsic part of my Islamic faith," he said in the statement, which came during the holy month of Ramadan when Muslims are encouraged to give charity and help the needy.

The prince, who does not hold an official government position, built his wealth through seed money from his father and smart investments. Kingdom Holding owns stakes in hotels like The Four Seasons, Fairmont and Raffles, as well as companies such as News Corp., Citigroup, Twitter and Apple.
The prince's two children were present at his boardroom when he made the announcement in Riyadh.
Though he did not give an exact timeframe, Alwaleed said his billions would be allocated through a "well-devised plan" throughout the coming years. He said the donations would be based on a strategy supervised by a board of trustees, which he will head.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/saudiarabia/11712286/Billionaire-Saudi-prince-to-give-away-32-billion-fortune.html

Re: Billionaire Saudi Prince To Give Away $32 Billion Fortune by amnesty7: 5:59am On Jul 02, 2015
Such is life cool
Re: Billionaire Saudi Prince To Give Away $32 Billion Fortune by ZeezaRapture(m): 6:00am On Jul 02, 2015
Re: Billionaire Saudi Prince To Give Away $32 Billion Fortune by Nobody: 6:03am On Jul 02, 2015
When i did mine, it wasn't announced like this
Re: Billionaire Saudi Prince To Give Away $32 Billion Fortune by Bibidear(f): 6:03am On Jul 02, 2015
Dats nice,Dangote shud follow suit
Re: Billionaire Saudi Prince To Give Away $32 Billion Fortune by femmy2010(m): 6:14am On Jul 02, 2015
Good for him.
Re: Billionaire Saudi Prince To Give Away $32 Billion Fortune by YoursGEJ(m): 6:17am On Jul 02, 2015
I only need 0.01% of that money = $3.2 million. Daz all

Make nobody tell me say I greedy

1 Like

Re: Billionaire Saudi Prince To Give Away $32 Billion Fortune by Nobody: 6:25am On Jul 02, 2015
The Arabs are d richest in d world followed by Nigerians..#Fact #OilMoney
Re: Billionaire Saudi Prince To Give Away $32 Billion Fortune by mistabiola: 6:26am On Jul 02, 2015
cheesy He is my good friend on Twitter; kind and generous. cheesy cheesy

Re: Billionaire Saudi Prince To Give Away $32 Billion Fortune by Nobody: 6:29am On Jul 02, 2015
yahoo boys don see format for 2015 job. I am prince of Saudi Arabia come and claim my money for me.
Re: Billionaire Saudi Prince To Give Away $32 Billion Fortune by jcross19: 6:35am On Jul 02, 2015
Bibidear:
Dats nice,Dangote shud follow suit
do you read the op, the fortunes will be transfer into foundation own by him can you see that the money is still within his control. We call that transfer of funds from account to another of thesame owne. If is really want to give away his fortune let him come go to afghanistan,iraq, yemen and some islamic country if he can't help other faith , let visit those they need his help. Even he should learn from bill gates foundation that help to sponsor kick polio. This one na wash.
Re: Billionaire Saudi Prince To Give Away $32 Billion Fortune by jcross19: 6:37am On Jul 02, 2015
HarkymTheOracle:
yes now because they brainwashed people that if you come to their land and kiss stone infact you have made it to paradise , then the fools are rushing there kiss stone and throw stone to satan , from there they made their cool dough. I don't know why they are not in first 15 richest in the world.

1 Like

Re: Billionaire Saudi Prince To Give Away $32 Billion Fortune by IlekeHD: 6:39am On Jul 02, 2015
I used to be his teacher. He was one of my best student.
Re: Billionaire Saudi Prince To Give Away $32 Billion Fortune by Nobody: 6:42am On Jul 02, 2015
jcross19:
yes now because they brainwashed people that if you come to their land and kiss infact you have made it to paradise , then the fools are rushing there kiss stone and throw stone to satan , from there they made their cool dough. I don't know why they are not in first 15 richest in the world.

that is cos they cant really say how much they're worth.. #TooMuchMoney
Re: Billionaire Saudi Prince To Give Away $32 Billion Fortune by vivypretty(f): 6:46am On Jul 02, 2015
that woman beside him is beautiful.
Re: Billionaire Saudi Prince To Give Away $32 Billion Fortune by idupaul: 6:49am On Jul 02, 2015
HarkymTheOracle:

Another goof

1 Like

Re: Billionaire Saudi Prince To Give Away $32 Billion Fortune by jcross19: 6:53am On Jul 02, 2015
HarkymTheOracle:

that is cos they cant really say how much they're worth.. #TooMuchMoney
ahahhaha see brain? They don't value what's in the bank is what you invested and is not possible for a man worth such amount without investment. Secondly they are rich but overrated.
Re: Billionaire Saudi Prince To Give Away $32 Billion Fortune by Nobody: 6:56am On Jul 02, 2015
What is the value after acquiring wealth u will loss the taste of it
Re: Billionaire Saudi Prince To Give Away $32 Billion Fortune by IlekeHD: 6:58am On Jul 02, 2015
vivypretty:
that woman beside him is beautiful.

She'll be by his side until the money is gone.
Re: Billionaire Saudi Prince To Give Away $32 Billion Fortune by hedonistic: 7:07am On Jul 02, 2015
I don't trust Prince Alwaleed's motives or sincerity. He is notoriously hedonistic, vain glorious, and egotistical; sort of the Donald Trump of the Middle East, albeit richer. Not the kind of guy that'll be disposed to giving away all of his wealth in his lifetime.
Re: Billionaire Saudi Prince To Give Away $32 Billion Fortune by vivypretty(f): 7:25am On Jul 02, 2015
[quote author=IlekeHD post=35384773]
She'll be by his side until the money is gone. that is y God created eve after he has made everything.
Re: Billionaire Saudi Prince To Give Away $32 Billion Fortune by Nobody: 7:30am On Jul 02, 2015
jcross19:
do you read the op, the fortunes will be transfer into foundation own by him can you see that the money is still within his control. We call that transfer of funds from account to another of thesame owne. If is really want to give away his fortune let him come go to afghanistan,iraq, yemen and some islamic country if he can't help other faith , let visit those they need his help. Even he should learn from bill gates foundation that help to sponsor kick polio. This one na wash.

Is the bill and Melinda gates foundation not a foundation owned by bill gates Smh
Re: Billionaire Saudi Prince To Give Away $32 Billion Fortune by Nobody: 7:32am On Jul 02, 2015
jcross19:
yes now because they brainwashed people that if you come to their land and kiss stone infact you have made it to paradise , then the fools are rushing there kiss stone and throw stone to satan , from there they made their cool dough. I don't know why they are not in first 15 richest in the world.

So the Saudi economy relies on tourism? Are you really this ignorant? The KSA relies more on crude oil revenue than Nigeria does, the money generated by tourists you speak of is chicken change compared to that. Please, don't just pull rubbish out of your a*s and expose yourself.

1 Like

Re: Billionaire Saudi Prince To Give Away $32 Billion Fortune by jcross19: 7:40am On Jul 02, 2015
VorkalthDigby:

So the Saudi economy relies on tourism? Are you really this ignorant? The KSA relies more on crude oil revenue than Nigeria does, the money generated by tourists you speak of is chicken change compared to that. Please, don't just pull rubbish out of your a*s and expose yourself.
okay sir or ma . Where do you come from , zoo sorry ooh. Read what I posted again. So all their rich goons made their money from oil .see brain of a tebliq
Re: Billionaire Saudi Prince To Give Away $32 Billion Fortune by Nobody: 7:44am On Jul 02, 2015
jcross19:
okay sir or ma . Where do you come from , zoo sorry ooh. Read what I posted again. So all their rich goons made their money from oil .see brain of a tebliq

It's sir. I read what you posted, it reeks of stupidity, ignorance and bigotry! The money procured through tourism, does it belong to the state or a group of people? Os it enough to make him as rich as he is? Did you not read that part that said he doesn't hold any government offices? Did you not read the part that said he made his money through investments? Grow up!

1 Like

Re: Billionaire Saudi Prince To Give Away $32 Billion Fortune by Bibidear(f): 7:48am On Jul 02, 2015
jcross19:
hmmm,dats true tho
Re: Billionaire Saudi Prince To Give Away $32 Billion Fortune by jcross19: 7:50am On Jul 02, 2015
VorkalthDigby:

It's sir. I read what you posted, it reeks of stupidity, ignorance and bigotry! The money procured through tourism, does it belong to the state or a group of people? Os it enough to make him as rich as he is? Did you not read that part that said he doesn't hold any government offices? Did you not read the part that said he made his money through investments? Grow up!
and did they mention he made is money from oil?.
Re: Billionaire Saudi Prince To Give Away $32 Billion Fortune by zendy: 7:57am On Jul 02, 2015
I watched a documentary about Saudi Prince walid. The man is stinkinly rich. He owns one of the biggest Hotels in London called the "The Savoy". His palace in Saudi Arabia is worth over 300 Million Dollars.
Re: Billionaire Saudi Prince To Give Away $32 Billion Fortune by Nobody: 8:01am On Jul 02, 2015
jcross19:
and did they mention he made is money from oil?.

Just shut up please! You speak as if their economy can't do without tourists, and I ask how much do the tourists contribute to their economy?

1 Like

Re: Billionaire Saudi Prince To Give Away $32 Billion Fortune by aminho(m): 8:09am On Jul 02, 2015
If it's about money no insult to islam

1 Like

Re: Billionaire Saudi Prince To Give Away $32 Billion Fortune by solodox(m): 8:55am On Jul 02, 2015
Dorrobucci:
When i did mine, it wasn't announced like this

dont mind them jare... na envy!

or the fact that when you did ya own it was 50naira aganyin beans with 100naira bread you gave out!
Re: Billionaire Saudi Prince To Give Away $32 Billion Fortune by lunaticfringe: 9:39am On Jul 02, 2015
W

(1) (Reply)

Photo: Akwa Ibom State Governor Udom Emmanuel Defies Heavy Downpour To Do This? / What Magic Did Buhari Perform For Foreign Reserves To Rise To $31.89bn? / PDP- Buhari’s US Trip Futile, Directionless,an Embarrassment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.