Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

Ladies, What Do You Understand By The Term "Submission"? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ladies, What Do You Understand By The Term "Submission"? (13848 Views)

11 Female Struggles Girls Go Through That Men Will Never Understand / 9 Struggles Men Go Through Ladies Will Never Understand / Only Introverts Will Understand These (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies, What Do You Understand By The Term "Submission"? by PreciousBro: 8:58pm On Jul 02, 2015
If we aren't looking at this from a religious base then I guess we shouldn't also look at it from a non religious point of view.

If God in his infinite wisdom can assert that woman should submit to her husband that he has the authority over her and what not, why are we looking at a different book of things on grounds that some don't practise religion, are you of such background ?

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, What Do You Understand By The Term "Submission"? by teambuck2u: 9:00pm On Jul 02, 2015
freecocoa:
The fact still remains, you haven't met all women, and the fact that women around here are still bound by culture/tradition, doesn't make your argument right, you just have to keep your superiority complex aside to see that.

That wasn't for me, was it?
Re: Ladies, What Do You Understand By The Term "Submission"? by freecocoa(f): 9:01pm On Jul 02, 2015
PreciousBro:
Intelligence has nothing to do with whom you submit to...I think it'd be a dumb assertion to surmise that intelligence is the determinant factor in deciding submission.

What would happen to people like us who are only attracted to intelligent women huh ? grin

Usually I tell people I don't argue with people who don't believe in God hence the religious standpoint of things aren't their perspective.

But let's say we don't wanna argue from a religious aspect now, we all know no two different things are entirely equal (religion and even science proves this),but a balance is assured still. Yes, even in equality,one party has a slight edge over the other which draws the conclusion of the hierarchical order of the presiding party asserting authority over the other.

Oh really! So women should just submit to men, even if the man is retarded or 'imbecilic' in nature(no offense to imbec1les).

If you are an intelligent man, you'd know when to let her take the lead, unless you also believe that, being a man, has made you more intelligent than women by dafault.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, What Do You Understand By The Term "Submission"? by freecocoa(f): 9:03pm On Jul 02, 2015
teambuck2u:

That wasn't for me, was it?
Duh! It's for you.
Re: Ladies, What Do You Understand By The Term "Submission"? by PreciousBro: 9:04pm On Jul 02, 2015
coogar:

so what's the determinant factor? dullness?
submission certainly centres on making key decisions. why would you submit to a partner that is clueless about certain situations?

if intelligence isn't linked to submission then i dunno what is....

Obviously being intelligent is a criterion I won't miss out but it most certainly not ascribed to intelligence as a whole and certainly not dullness, we don't know these things to wisdom.

How about obeying the holy book first and leaving authority to the Man, which by primordial existence is bestowed headship to his nature/gender ?

1 Like

Re: Ladies, What Do You Understand By The Term "Submission"? by coogar: 9:06pm On Jul 02, 2015
PreciousBro:

Obviously being intelligent is a criterion I won't miss out but it most certainly not ascribed to intelligence as a whole and certainly not dullness, we don't know these things to wisdom.

How about obeying the holy book first and leaving authority to the Man, which by primordial existence is bestowed headship to his nature/gender?

what about the hundreds of millions of people who don't believe in the holy book? they should not get married? grin
Re: Ladies, What Do You Understand By The Term "Submission"? by teambuck2u: 9:07pm On Jul 02, 2015
freecocoa:
Duh! It's for you.

I'm a little confused on the correlation between cutom, superiority complex and the fact that your attempt at blowing me off isn't working?
Re: Ladies, What Do You Understand By The Term "Submission"? by freecocoa(f): 9:08pm On Jul 02, 2015
tongue
coogar:

no vex!
i can rephrase.....

no hubby would argue with you which foundation works with which lip gloss. that's your expertise.......we know f@ck all about such topics so your opinion definitely matters. grin

happy now?
Really coogar? Condescending like I said.

So you can discuss what businesses invest in with her? You can't ask her advice on what you should do about some stuffs you have a hard time deciding on? Wow!

Didn't see that coming.
Re: Ladies, What Do You Understand By The Term "Submission"? by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jul 02, 2015
babygirlfl:
submission here is the dictionary meaning.

Submission

I don't think its a bad thing when its done by the two parties involved and done sometimes when required. For marriage to work, we have to submit to each other sometimes.

What I don't agree with is absolute submission which is done every time by one spouse. That is slavery. Most people will deny this but most women who believe in submission are not absolutely submissive and that is because it's almost impossible.
That word exists but it can never be fully applied.
That someone is the head is understandable but submitting isn't feasible even though some women would claim they submit.
You can't claim you submit while taking some decisions by yourself.
Only kids(I mean virtuous ones) can submit where whatever mum and dad says is final.
Or slave, where what the master says is final.
Respect should replace the word "submission" because only a woman that's parasitic in nature can be submissive.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, What Do You Understand By The Term "Submission"? by freecocoa(f): 9:10pm On Jul 02, 2015
teambuck2u:

I'm a little confused on the correlation between cutom, superiority complex and the fact that your attempt at blowing me off isn't working?
didn't realize, that's what this is.

I've told you, look somewhere else, i'm not your girl.tongue
Re: Ladies, What Do You Understand By The Term "Submission"? by coogar: 9:12pm On Jul 02, 2015
freecocoa:
:PReally coogar? Condescending like I said.

So you can discuss what businesses invest in with her? You can't ask her advice on what you should do about some stuffs you have a hard time deciding on? Wow!

Didn't see that coming.

if she's business savvy, why not?

see - i am not totally against a woman making sound opinions. if her argument beats mine to death, she wins. no ifs & no buts.

what i don't want to hear is intuition. if she cannot back why she's making her decisions with sound facts & logic, she should keep schtum.

do you get it now?

1 Like

Re: Ladies, What Do You Understand By The Term "Submission"? by raumdeuter: 9:13pm On Jul 02, 2015
freecocoa:
Don't misconstrue me, all you want to say is, that men are more intelligent than women, and I don't agree with you.

A woman being more intelligent than her man doesn't make him not intelligent, he can be more intelligent in some aspects just like him, let him know when to back down, same for the woman.

Most women would prefer to marry someone more intelligent than them.

It doesnt mean all men are more intelligent than all women, But the hypergamous nature in female would make them only agree for the toaster who is more intelligent
Re: Ladies, What Do You Understand By The Term "Submission"? by teambuck2u: 9:14pm On Jul 02, 2015
freecocoa:
didn't realize, that's what this is.

I've told you, look somewhere else, i'm not your girl.tongue

Oh, just pulling your yam legs. Surely, yo don't think I 'd like the stress? cheesy tongue
Re: Ladies, What Do You Understand By The Term "Submission"? by freecocoa(f): 9:16pm On Jul 02, 2015
coogar:

if she's business savvy, why not?

see - i am not totally against a woman making sound opinions. if her argument beats mine to death, she wins. no ifs & no buts.

what i don't want to hear is intuition. if she cannot back why she's making her decisions with sound facts & logic, she should keep schtum.

do you get it now?
I get it, why are you still hammering on intuition? Are there no women who come with facts? That's all I need to know.
Re: Ladies, What Do You Understand By The Term "Submission"? by PreciousBro: 9:16pm On Jul 02, 2015
freecocoa:
Oh really! So women should just submit to me, even if the man is retarded or 'imbecilic' in nature(no offense to imbec1les).

If you are an intelligent man, you'd know when to let her take the lead, unless you also believe that, being a man, has made you more intelligent than women by dafault.

Madam, again, you are alluding to intelligence as though its a heavy perk for submission, will intelligence take you to heaven ?

I am not of the opinion that men are more intelligent ,but that intelligence or not, woman by default should submit to her man.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, What Do You Understand By The Term "Submission"? by freecocoa(f): 9:18pm On Jul 02, 2015
teambuck2u:

Oh, just pulling your yam legs. Surely, yo don't think I 'd like the stress? cheesy tongue
You aren't up to the task.tongue

That's why you run.
Re: Ladies, What Do You Understand By The Term "Submission"? by coogar: 9:20pm On Jul 02, 2015
freecocoa:
I get it, why are you still hammering on intuition? Are there no women who come with facts? That's all I need to know.

of course, there are.....
but they are far & few between. grin

PreciousBro:

Madam, again, you are alluding to intelligence as though its a heavy perk for submission, will intelligence take you to heaven ?
I am not of the opinion that men are more intelligent, but that intelligence or not, woman by default should submit to her man.

i wholesomely disagree.

a woman should submit to an irresponsible man that cannot make sound decisions? a chronic gambler? a crack-addict? an unrepentant alcoholic? even if he says they should go commit crime together, she should yield and say "yes, my lord"??

oh dear......
Re: Ladies, What Do You Understand By The Term "Submission"? by freecocoa(f): 9:20pm On Jul 02, 2015
PreciousBro:

I am not of the opinion that men are more intelligent ,but that intelligence or not, woman by default should submit to her man.
Lmao.grin

And if she happened to marry someone she knows better than, she should allow him lead them into a pit, all because he is a man, okay.

Where is heaven? Abeg let's talk about earth that we are sure of.
Re: Ladies, What Do You Understand By The Term "Submission"? by PreciousBro: 9:20pm On Jul 02, 2015
coogar:

what about the hundreds of millions of people who don't believe in the holy book? they should not get married? grin

I don't think we are speaking for the people that don't believe in God or the holy book, are you one ?

Surely they must have some sort or standpoint ,either by culture or tradition that governs their ways of life as regards to submissiveness .

1 Like

Re: Ladies, What Do You Understand By The Term "Submission"? by PreciousBro: 9:23pm On Jul 02, 2015
coogar:

i wholesomely disagree.

a woman should submit to an irresponsible man that cannot make sound decisions? a chronic gambler? a crack-addict? an unrepentant alcoholic? even if he says they should go commit crime together, she should yield and say "yes, my lord"??

oh dear......

You don't seem to be getting the point here, if a woman decides to get married to her dull man, its her prerogative, she shouldn't come in to marriage to change the game as though she institutionalised the institution of marriage.
Re: Ladies, What Do You Understand By The Term "Submission"? by coogar: 9:24pm On Jul 02, 2015
PreciousBro:

I don't think we are speaking for the people that don't believe in God or the holy book, are you one ?

i think we should speak for everyone.
the grim divorce stats does not single out christians only, it speaks for everyone.

Surely they must have some sort or standpoint ,either by culture or tradition that governs their ways of life as regards to submissiveness .

they rely on intelligence - just like christians should also do.
Re: Ladies, What Do You Understand By The Term "Submission"? by freecocoa(f): 9:24pm On Jul 02, 2015
coogar:

i wholesomely disagree.

oh dear......
Go away, you have offended me. angry

You don see am na, that's what your naija brothers believe, submit by default, even though, the bible that instructs that, says it's for married folks alone.

Yet even men that aren't related to you or even have any business with you, expect you to submit because he is a man.
Re: Ladies, What Do You Understand By The Term "Submission"? by teambuck2u: 9:26pm On Jul 02, 2015
freecocoa:
You aren't up to the task.tongue

That's why you run.

on the contrary, your yam legs dissuade me. I think of my health when in wheelbarrow or mother superior mode.
Re: Ladies, What Do You Understand By The Term "Submission"? by PreciousBro: 9:28pm On Jul 02, 2015
coogar:

i think we should speak for everyone.
the grim divorce stats does not single out christians only, it speaks for everyone.

they rely on intelligence - just like christians should also do.

If you believe we should speak for everyone, we certainly can't use the non religious standpoint as a yardstick.
Re: Ladies, What Do You Understand By The Term "Submission"? by coogar: 9:29pm On Jul 02, 2015
PreciousBro:

You don't seem to be getting the point here, if a woman decides to get married to her dull man, its her prerogative, she shouldn't come in to marriage to change the game as though she institutionalised the institution of marriage.

#sigh

it then means you expect her to have separated the chaff from the wheat before deciding to walk the aisle. if that's the case, isn't intelligence the factor that separates boys from the men?

yet, you said intelligence isn't a factor. grin

you need deliverance!

freecocoa:
Go away, you have offended me. angry

no vex, na
don't force me to come knock your door tonight. grin

You don see am na, that's what your naija brothers believe, submit by default, even though, the bible that instructs that, says it's for married folks alone.

Yet even men that aren't related to you or even have any business with you, expect you to submit because he is a man.

he's probably kidding.
will he allow his sister to submit to a crack-addict? cheesy

PreciousBro:

If you believe we should speak for everyone, we certainly can't use the non religious standpoint as a yardstick.

so what should we use?
more than half of the world's population don't believe in the bible, so only non-religious standpoint will speak for them.

and that standpoint is logic....which is also called intelligence/wisdom.
Re: Ladies, What Do You Understand By The Term "Submission"? by freecocoa(f): 9:29pm On Jul 02, 2015
teambuck2u:

on the contrary, your yam legs dissuade me. I think of my health when in wheelbarrow or mother superior mode.
Lol,cheesy

Didn't you see the yam leg before coming at me? Give yourself a break please.
Re: Ladies, What Do You Understand By The Term "Submission"? by teambuck2u: 9:32pm On Jul 02, 2015
freecocoa:
Lol,cheesy

Didn't you see the yam leg before coming at me? Give yourself a break please.

I want to eat ifokore, you're bringing me yam for dundun. I that my fault? Won't I assess the product before making an informed decision to purchase or not? undecided angry cool cool cool cool
Re: Ladies, What Do You Understand By The Term "Submission"? by PreciousBro: 9:35pm On Jul 02, 2015
[quote
#sigh

it then means you expect her to have separated the chaff from the wheat before deciding to walk the aisle. if that's the case, isn't intelligence the factor that separates boys from the men?

#sigh

[/quote]

Intelligence,as a criterion amongst others can't be the only factor that separates boys from men grin this is a joke that isn't funny at all.

It is obvious wisdom is not taught, anyway, that's not the point of this thread. If you want to speak for non christians, you have to be one, I speak from my christian background and if you don't believe in it,then its obvious you aren't one.

I don't think God said "woman submit to your man because he is more intelligent than you"

Smh

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, What Do You Understand By The Term "Submission"? by freecocoa(f): 9:36pm On Jul 02, 2015
coogar:

#sigh

you need deliverance!

no vex, na
don't force me to come knock your door tonight. grin

he's probably kidding.
will he allow his sister to submit to a crack-addict? cheesy
No, let me vex, it cut deep. angry

He said if his sister decides to marry a crack addict, then that's her cross, forgetting that, only a stup1d person would marry an addict.

Yet he says intelligence isn't a factor, talk about having it twisted.grin
Re: Ladies, What Do You Understand By The Term "Submission"? by cococandy(f): 9:38pm On Jul 02, 2015
raumdeuter:

Most women would prefer to marry someone more intelligent than them.

It doesnt mean all men are more intelligent than all women, But the hypergamous nature in female would make them only agree for the toaster who is more intelligent

How do you know this?
Re: Ladies, What Do You Understand By The Term "Submission"? by PreciousBro: 9:40pm On Jul 02, 2015
Intelligence is subjective, some women are indeed smarter than men etc.

By your initial logic of omen marrying older men, if a woman marries a man younger than her ,should the book change to "man submit to your wife" ? lol
Re: Ladies, What Do You Understand By The Term "Submission"? by coogar: 9:40pm On Jul 02, 2015
PreciousBro:

Intelligence,as a criterion amongst others can't be the only factor that separates boys from men grin this is a joke that isn't funny at all.

pray tell - what separates boys from the men?

It is obvious wisdom is not taught, anyway, that's not the point of this thread. If you want to speak for non christians, you have to be one, I speak from my christian background and if you don't believe in it,then its obvious you aren't one.

how do you intend to convince a non-believer of the bible? you have to speak the language he understands & your yardstick must cater to all humans who intend to get married. the bible is not your leading step, i am afraid.

I don't think God said "woman submit to your man because he is more intelligent than you"

Smh

that's because God expects the woman He gave 5 sensory organs to use her common sense to choose the most intelligent candidate in her long list of suitors. he should love her wholeheartedly & she should submit to him. cool

PreciousBro:
Intelligence is subjective, some women are indeed smarter than men etc.

no one disputes the above.....
the point is, such smart women should aim & marry smarter men. they should not marry down or aim below their level. it will be extremely hard for them to submit to a less-intelligent husband.

By your initial logic of women marrying older men, if a woman marries a man younger than her ,should the book change to "man submit to your wife" ? lol

age is not necessarily intelligence.
i have seen old women with the emotional maturity of a toothpaste. i have seen young women who are actually super-intelligent.

if a woman marries a man younger than her - desperation must have led her to it. sit her down, ask her if marrying a younger man has always been her dream, she would tell you "hell no".

even if she does, she must make sure the younger man is still more intelligent than her. it would help her a lot in submitting to him. if she's older & she's more intelligent than him, how the heck would she be able to submit to him?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

11-Yr-Old Girl Saves Family From Fire / How Do You Handle It When Your Wife Can’t Stand Your Mother? / Must A Married Man Be Monogamous?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.