Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,260 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:19 AM

For Southerners Only - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / For Southerners Only (8772 Views)

For Southerners. / Is Grazing Bill A Death Sentence For Southerners? / An Online Vote For Southerners Support For Biafra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

For Southerners Only by NewNigeriaMind: 7:24pm On Jul 02, 2015
In my little sojourn in Life, I have found out that my closest friends are either Igbo or from the south south south.

I have seen Yorubas and Igbo collabos work so well I began to understand why God created Yorubas and Igbos close in the south.

Now, so far the Hausa have controlled this country because igbos and Yorubas don't seem to get along when it comes to politics.

Ambode appointment another Igbo man today, that is a good gesture.

I wish to witness a day an Igbo governor will appoint a Yoruba to his cabinet.

Even elrufai appointed Yorubas to his government.

Please why is the relationship one sided, don't you guys think its time igbos let go of the past and begin to corporate politically with the Yorubas.

The Igbo in Jonathan government made him to lose to Buhari, they brainwash the man to relegate the Yoruba.

Brb, but before I do, what do you guys think.

Is time Igbos and Yorubas begin to work together.

3 Likes

Re: For Southerners Only by funkybully(f): 7:26pm On Jul 02, 2015
Checked the op moniker 3 times to b sure am not mistaking d bigot for another person.

Mtcheeeeew

11 Likes

Re: For Southerners Only by Humorclux: 7:29pm On Jul 02, 2015
Op carry your rubbish go put for dustbin.
Trash

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: For Southerners Only by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jul 02, 2015
Hatred never bring any thing good in life. Hope people from that side will learn their lesson.

1 Like

Re: For Southerners Only by UnknownT: 7:31pm On Jul 02, 2015
How can you make "peace" while blaming one person and painting the other as a saint. Is GEJ that handicapped that Igbos were telling him whom to appoint. About Ambode appointing an Igbo man, did he appoint an Igbo guy hawking on the streets? How many yorubas are in the east for appointment? or you want them to appoint all these ones selling "roots and herbs"(dr waters, abeokuta woman etc)? In this current administration, the Igbos are not expecting much from Buhari, so if after aligning with the north and Buhari now decides to relegate you guys to the background, don't go around blaming the Igbos. Nonsense

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: For Southerners Only by xmich(m): 7:33pm On Jul 02, 2015
NewNigeriaMind:
In my little sojourn in Life, I have found out that my closest friends are either Igbo or from the south south south.

I have seen Yorubas and Igbo collabos work so well I began to understand why God created Yorubas and Igbos close in the south.

Now, so far the Hausa have controlled this country because igbos and Yorubas don't seem to get along when it comes to politics.

Ambode appointment another Igbo man today, that is a good gesture.

I wish to witness a day an Igbo governor will appoint a Yoruba to his cabinet.

Even elrufai appointed Yorubas to his government.

Please why is the relationship one sided, don't you guys think its time igbos let go of the past and begin to corporate politically with the Yorubas.

The Igbo in Jonathan government made him to lose to Buhari, they brainwash the man to relegate the Yoruba.

Brb, but before I do, what do you guys think.

Is time Igbos and Yorubas begin to work together.

This is supposed to be in Trash bin

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: For Southerners Only by Bollove: 7:41pm On Jul 02, 2015
Igbo are self actualized folks and a man is usually an island of himself I.e Igbo are individualistic in nature .... He brought his view to the communal gathering and no person dare fails to recognise such view.

Yoruba are "communalistic" in nature , na one person dey born pikin na one million dey nurture one .... Yoruba operate Monarchical Government thus what matter is collective opinion not individualistic opinion and you can be shut down if you dare speak for yourself and your household instead of the whole society/community.

Igbo in my own view seem to be the majorly odd of all ethnic group in Nigeria because they are different from the rest due to the fact that they are the only group that abhor Central leadership system.

It will be difficult for Igbo and other ethnic group to work together for a long while cuz an average Igbo man wasn't trained to take instruction but gives , he can't follow you for long without that urge to lead you cuz he believe you ain't doing it right , an average Igboman is his own king in his own right , for Good or for bad , he love to be in control of his destiny not someone barking orders at him .... he doesn't care whether he does it right or wrong or who is affected negatively or positively ...... He does as his CHI directed him.

Ideology of Igbo and Yoruba in all parameters differs but there are many common grounds that bigotry and hatred has dis-enable them from exploring ..... The whole Southern Nigeria is suffering their lack of cooperation.

An Igbo man perform better on his own for real. ...... Yoruba folks perform better in Togetherness with one figure calling the shot.

Unfortunately, we have moved away from communal world , we are now in era of globalization, era of hot Diplomacy and alliances ..... No group can stand alone, You have to come with long spoon and wisdom to endear yourself to the heart of others and win for yourself some resources because communal resources ain't enough no more.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: For Southerners Only by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jul 02, 2015
how many yorubas have a house, business or lives in the east cool

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: For Southerners Only by Humorclux: 7:45pm On Jul 02, 2015
Bollove:
Igbo are self actualized folks and a man is usually an island of himself I.e Igbo are individualistic in nature .... He brought his view to the communal gathering and no person dare fails to recognise such view.

Yoruba are "communalistic" in nature , na one person dey born pikin na one million dey nurture one .... Yoruba operate Monarchical Government thus what matter is collective opinion not individualistic opinion and you can be shut down if you dare speak for yourself and your household instead of the whole society/community.

Igbo in my own view seem to be the majorly odd of all ethnic group in Nigeria because they are different from the rest due to the fact that they are the only group that abhor Central leadership system.

It will be difficult for Igbo and other ethnic group to work together for a long while cuz an average Igbo man wasn't trained to take instruction but gives , he can't follow you for long without that urge to lead you cuz he believe you ain't doing it right .

An Igbo man perform better on his own for real. ......

Unfortunately, we have moved away from communal world , we are now in era of globalization, era of hot Diplomacy and alliances ..... No group can stand alone, You have to come with long spoon and wisdom to endear yourself to the heart of others and win for yourself some resources because communal resources ain't enough no more.
Word of the wise

6 Likes

Re: For Southerners Only by Afam4eva(m): 7:45pm On Jul 02, 2015
Bollove:

It will be difficult for Igbo and other ethnic group to work together for a long while cuz an average Igbo man wasn't trained to take instruction but gives , he can't follow you for long without that urge to lead you cuz he believe you ain't doing it right .

This is gospel. It's for the same reason that Igbos succeed in Business but for the same reason that they fail in politics. Politics in Nigeria requires some form of cohesiveness and not the individualism that Igbos tend to possess.

2 Likes

Re: For Southerners Only by Humorclux: 7:45pm On Jul 02, 2015
aguiyi:
how many yorubas have a house, business or lives in the east cool
Final Year Question!

4 Likes

Re: For Southerners Only by Humorclux: 7:47pm On Jul 02, 2015
Afam4eva:

This is gospel. It's for the same reason that Igbos succeed in Business but for the same reason that they fail in politics. Politics in Nigeria requires some form of cohesiveness and not the individualism that Igbos tend to possess.

You prolly didn't read the BOLDED part
Re: For Southerners Only by SOUNDKING: 7:50pm On Jul 02, 2015
xmich:

This is supposed to be in Trash bin
the op deserves a heavy slap from the "Igbo Giant".

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: For Southerners Only by SOUNDKING: 7:54pm On Jul 02, 2015
Afam4eva:

phuck you and your politics of the zoo.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: For Southerners Only by Duru1(m): 7:55pm On Jul 02, 2015
Bollove:

Are you making use of the intellect given to you freely? Do you know the meaning of Monarchical Government? Igbo operated what is known today as democracy. Each family is represented at the house of commons (Ogbaku) by the eldest or the first son in the family. How are you so forgetful? The last time I check though, Yoruba has Oba. The crap you posted above is so contradictory which suggests the poster is contoured.

3 Likes

Re: For Southerners Only by NewNigeriaMind: 7:56pm On Jul 02, 2015
funkybully:
Checked the op moniker 3 times to b sure am not mistaking d bigot for another person.

Mtcheeeeew

Yeah its the same person.
Re: For Southerners Only by NewNigeriaMind: 7:58pm On Jul 02, 2015
Humorclux:
Op carry your rubbish go put for dustbin.

Trash

Wait, its rubbish if I ask we should all learn to work together?
Re: For Southerners Only by Bollove: 8:00pm On Jul 02, 2015
Duru1:

Are you making use of the intellect given to you freely? Do you know the meaning of Monarchical Government? Igbo operated what is known today as democracy. Each family is represented at the house of commons (Ogbaku) by the eldest or the first son in the family. How are you so forgetful? The last time I check though, Yoruba has Oba.
Oya duru1 , an average Igboman .... I said it whether right or wrong, an Igboman will bring his own view ....... Hot blood that never read, digest, strategising before jumping into conclusion only to bounce back guilty

What is Monarchical ??
System of government by Kingship , Emirship or Obaship like British, Yoruba land under Alaafin , Saudis etc.
Re: For Southerners Only by NewNigeriaMind: 8:02pm On Jul 02, 2015
UnknownT:
How can you make "peace" while blaming one person and painting the other as a saint. Is GEJ that handicapped that Igbos were telling him whom to appoint. About Ambode appointing an Igbo man, did he appoint an Igbo guy hawking on the streets? How many yorubas are in the east for appointment? or you want them to appoint all these ones selling "roots and herbs"(dr waters, abeokuta woman etc)? In this current administration, the Igbos are not expecting much from Buhari, so if after aligning with the north and Buhari now decides to relegate you guys to the background, don't go around blaming the Igbos. Nonsense

Wait, Elrufai that appointment over 2 Yorubas did so because Yoruba own half of Kaduna(like igbos claim) or because their are not "roots and herbs" sellers in Kaduna.

Secondly, I am not talking about the current government.

Thirdly, I very strong part of the pdp is the SW. That's why the pdp as a party has major Yoruba players. Are you calling those Yorubas fools for aligning with pdp or what?

And do you honestly think Buhari can relegate the yorubas cheesy?

Finally, what is wrong saying the South should for once in 40 years unite angry
Re: For Southerners Only by Bollove: 8:03pm On Jul 02, 2015
Afam4eva:

Are you affirming my post or refuting it
Re: For Southerners Only by Duru1(m): 8:05pm On Jul 02, 2015
Bollove:
Oya duru1 , an average Igboman .... I said it whether right or wrong, an Igboman will bring his own view ....... Hot blood that never read, digest, strategising before jumping into conclusion only to bounce back guilty

What is Monarchical ??
System of government by Kingship , Emirship or Obaship like British, Yoruba land under Alaafin , Saudis etc.

The Oba was the owner of the lands, mouth of the dead and companion of the spirits. It is unfathomable you even insinuated that Yoruba had communal system of government. Igbo are republicans and no one person wields overwhelming powers like in Yoruba land.

8 Likes

Re: For Southerners Only by NewNigeriaMind: 8:07pm On Jul 02, 2015
In continuation of my appeal to all involved.

Hardly will you find a successful Nigeria without any of the two tribe as number two man in command.

A very known Igbo man such as the Sun newspaper owner made a Yoruba the editor of the newspaper.

In Music, no other synergy has been so rewarding like that dbanj and Jazzy and no breakup has been as painful till today. Psquare first got their break through via sound sultan and they were first signed to a Yoruba man label.

The list is endless

Why can the youths from both tribe of today take the working relationship they have outside politics to politics.

Someone once said, Nigeria will never achieve its true potential until the two tribes learn to work together
Re: For Southerners Only by Adesoba5: 8:08pm On Jul 02, 2015
The unity of Nigeria is always jeopardise by the so called biafara......
Re: For Southerners Only by NewNigeriaMind: 8:09pm On Jul 02, 2015
Personally I think Tinubu should present a strong Igbo candidate in 2019 from APC.

I also think the SW should support the candidate fully.
Re: For Southerners Only by warrior01: 8:11pm On Jul 02, 2015
My Yoruba friend once called and advised me never to trust a Yoruba man and that's one advice I will never forget.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: For Southerners Only by Bollove: 8:11pm On Jul 02, 2015
Duru1:

The Oba was the owner of the lands, mouth of the dead and companion of the spirits. It is unfathomable you even insinuated that Yoruba had communal system of government. Igbo are republicans and no one person wields overwhelming powers like in Yoruba land.
I posted Monarchical system of government for Yoruba not communal system of government as you insinuated as for Igbo being Republican and lack Central control system like Yoruba .... My post also capture that aspect too .... Oya duru check what you quoted ... this time slow and easy ... cheesy .... we ain't in business competition bro grin

ahahahaha Igboman chaiiii.
Re: For Southerners Only by NewNigeriaMind: 8:12pm On Jul 02, 2015
I want to ask all of you something, na curse say make younna dey fight
Re: For Southerners Only by Agwoden(m): 8:12pm On Jul 02, 2015
Op is forming southerner now after the seeming unexpected technical knockout from their masters. Please 'took your frustrated and went away'. #ProudlyNigerdeltan

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: For Southerners Only by NewNigeriaMind: 8:14pm On Jul 02, 2015
warrior01:
My Yoruba friend once called and advised me never to trust a Yoruba man and that's one advice I will never forget.

Guy my butler here is Igbo, he as the funniest ideas of Igbo people of Anmabra extraction. So because he has bad mouth Anambra people I shouldn't deal with them again.

Also, if someone can say that of others, what does it tell you about him
Re: For Southerners Only by UnknownT: 8:15pm On Jul 02, 2015
NewNigeriaMind:

Wait, Elrufai that appointment over 2 Yorubas did so because Yoruba own half of Kaduna(like igbos claim) or because their are not "roots and herbs" sellers in Kaduna.

Secondly, I am not talking about the current government.

Thirdly, I very strong part of the pdp is the SW. That's why the pdp as a party has major Yoruba players. Are you calling those Yorubas fools for aligning with pdp or what?

And do you honestly think Buhari can relegate the yorubas cheesy?

Finally, what is wrong saying the South should for once in 40 years unite angry
. El Rufai appointed Yoruba persons that have been in Kaduna for long and have stakes in Kaduna, Ambode did the same thing, the current APC Lagos Pub Sec, Igbokwe has enough stake in Lagos and he held an appointment in one of the dissolved boards, he wasn't just brought from Nnewi and made a party exco. Umaru Altine a northerner won 'mayoral' sit in Enugu as far back as 1950s, when Nigeria was still playing regional politics. A situation whereby there are nobody from other tribes to appoint, do you expect the governors to ask Tinubu to give them yoruba persons to appoint all in the name of being nationalistic?
That GEJ appointed fewer SW in office(which is not confirmed), how was it caused by the Igbos? Yes, nothing stops them uniting but the unity won't work with your kind of thinking( Yorubas are saint while Igbos are the problems)

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: For Southerners Only by NewNigeriaMind: 8:15pm On Jul 02, 2015
Agwoden:
Op is forming southerner now after the seeming unexpected technical knockout from their masters. Please 'took your frustrated and went away'. #ProudlyNigerdeltan

Please what is the technical knockout? lol.... grin you guys take being foolish too far.
Re: For Southerners Only by NewNigeriaMind: 8:17pm On Jul 02, 2015
UnknownT:
. El Rufai appointed Yoruba persons that have been in Kaduna for long and have stakes in Kaduna, Ambode did the same thing, the current APC Lagos Pub Sec, Igbokwe has enough stake in Lagos and he held an appointment in one of the dissolved boards, he wasn't just brought from Nnewi and made a party exco. Umaru Altine a northerner won 'mayoral' sit in Enugu as far back as 1950s, when Nigeria was still playing regional politics. A situation whereby there are nobody from other tribes to appoint, do you expect the governors to ask Tinubu to give them yoruba persons to appoint all in the name of being nationalistic?
That GEJ appointed fewer SW in office(which is not confirmed), how was it caused by the Igbos? Yes, nothing stops them uniting but the unity won't work with your kind of thinking( Yorubas are saint while Igbos are the problems)

That is not my intention to appear one sided.

I believe there is not permanent friend in politics but permanent interest. I am just saying as the new generation, is it not time we change.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Inconclusive Polls: How INEC Broke The Jinx In Edo & Ondo / Nkem Owoh – ‘I Will Never Forgive Buhari For Killing My Brother / Nigerian Women Storm National Assembly, Demand 50% Leadership Positions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.