Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,597 members, 7,809,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:37 AM

Mass On Her Side. Urgent Help Required. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Mass On Her Side. Urgent Help Required. (928 Views)

Dermatologist In The House Pls I Need Urgent Help / Doctors In The House I Need Urgent Help / PHOTOS: Beautiful Joy Akabuike, Victim Of Peace Mass Accident Is In Coma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mass On Her Side. Urgent Help Required. by lannre(m): 8:44pm On Jul 02, 2015
RENAL SCAN. the right kidney is enlarged measuring 134X101X70MM, there is a solid mass in the inferior lateral pole of the right kidney measuring 55 X 56mm distorting the normal echo pattern of the kidney and causing hydronephrosis seen as a cyst in the renal sinus. There is no calcification seen in the renal mass, the renal capsule is intact. The left kidney is normal in size and shape with good cortigomedullary differential. Measuring 110x58x49mm. The liver is mildly enlarged measuring 156mm and there is no focal lesion seen. The spleen, biliary tree and pancreas are normal. There is no aortic lymphadenophaty seen. Ass: right renal mass rule out renal Ca
Re: Mass On Her Side. Urgent Help Required. by lannre(m): 8:52pm On Jul 02, 2015
Trying to post comments to buttress this renal results. But it's not uploading. Well it's about my mum. She getting pale weak and hardly eat.
Re: Mass On Her Side. Urgent Help Required. by lannre(m): 9:13pm On Jul 02, 2015
My mum health not getting better. Please help me analyze this test and prescribe a correlating drug. My mum is not cooperating to go back to hospital with me base on her experience at LASUTH. We had the test from Ifako-Ijaiye General Hospital. Refered to LASUTH. But was just referring to different blocks, from surgery emergency to medicine emergency to sopd till we were told they have closed. Worse still the Dr at surgery emergency wrote Asthma, diarrhea and other ailments she never complained about. All phone numbers for complaints written on the wall are not active. Kindly help. She is pale, weak and hardly eat unable to attach the result. But this is the details below Please urgent assistance needed she is 64 years old. Thanks for anticipated and considerate response

RENAL SCAN. the right kidney is enlarged measuring 134X101X70MM, there is a solid mass in the inferior lateral pole of the right kidney measuring 55 X 56mm distorting the normal echo pattern of the kidney and causing hydronephrosis seen as a cyst in the renal sinus. There is no calcification seen in the renal mass, the renal capsule is intact. The left kidney is normal in size and shape with good cortigomedullary differential. Measuring 110x58x49mm. The liver is mildly enlarged measuring 156mm and there is no focal lesion seen. The spleen, biliary tree and pancreas are normal. There is no aortic lymphadenophaty seen. Ass: right renal mass rule out renal Ca
Re: Mass On Her Side. Urgent Help Required. by DonX001: 12:57am On Jul 03, 2015
Hmmm....sounds like she has a tumor of the kidney, and most tumors of the kidneys are generally not good news,....they tend towards being a cancer.
She needs to see a Urologist ASAP.
I suggest you get her to see the Urology Unit in LUTH or LASUTH, or maybe FMC Ebute Metta fast.
How?
You'll probably need to get a referral letter from a doctor to visit their clinics, (unless its an acute emergency). Just go to any doctor you know and ask them to write a referral letter to the Urology Unit in any of the above hospitals.
If there is a strike in the public/government hospitals, or their wahala is too much, you may need to see a private urologist.

Whatever the case, get her to see a Urologist ASAP. Time is not just money in this case....time is LIFE.
(Thats assuming the person doing the scan knows what he's doing and actually saw a SOLID renal mass).
Re: Mass On Her Side. Urgent Help Required. by alkonami(m): 8:39am On Jul 03, 2015
Bros get her to see a urologist.... there's nothing anyone here can do to help you.. to the hosp asap...
From my little knowledge, the result up there aint that bad(a renal mass, capsule intact), but its bad enough that she requires urgent intervention...
In summary, take her to the hospital quickly
Re: Mass On Her Side. Urgent Help Required. by lannre(m): 4:05pm On Jul 03, 2015
Dr recommends surgery. To remove one of the kidney. So the summary is there is no alternative to surgery in the above renal condition.
Re: Mass On Her Side. Urgent Help Required. by Qasak(m): 1:36pm On Feb 07, 2023
lannre:
Dr recommends surgery. To remove one of the kidney. So the summary is there is no alternative to surgery in the above renal condition.
Hello I know this post is quite old but my mum is also going through something similar and has also been presented with the option of removing one side of her kidney. Am sorry asking this rather sensitive question but did you act accordingly to the surgeons advise of removing one side of your mum’s kidney?Would be grateful if I get a response.

(1) (Reply)

US Govt Finally Admits Marijuana Kills Cancer Cells / Pls Doctors,pharmacists; Help Me And Save Me From This Stigma / Little-known Facts About Energy Drinks In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.