Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,093 members, 7,953,331 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:26 PM

Is It Time For Black People To Go Back To Africa?(topic By Nigerians In America) - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Is It Time For Black People To Go Back To Africa?(topic By Nigerians In America) (810 Views)

Ooni Ogunwusi Gets The Key Of Sumerset, Franklin Township In America. Photos / WELCOME TO AFRICA - 15 Funny Attributes That Suggest That You Might Be African / Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Time For Black People To Go Back To Africa?(topic By Nigerians In America) by RandomAfricanAm: 12:08pm On Jul 03, 2015
These four guys are Nigerians living in the U.S.
The two on the right grew up in the U.S. while the two on the left grew up in Nigeria. In reaction to all the crazy that's been going on in the U.S they decided to have this discussion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbZZ5TMXliw

Personally given what they are speaking of I would say the more manageable option is young children to attend boarding school in an African country until college then move back to the U.S for business opportunities & further education. Actually it might be good to do university in an African country to avoid life long debt that happens in the U.S. from college loans. It's hard to strike out on your own in a serious way with 40k+ hanging over your head.

Hell with that said maybe all African Americans should attend university in Africa grin ...maybe that's a topic for later.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Time For Black People To Go Back To Africa?(topic By Nigerians In America) by MosakuAW(m): 12:10pm On Jul 03, 2015
Re: Is It Time For Black People To Go Back To Africa?(topic By Nigerians In America) by Udmaster(m): 12:23pm On Jul 03, 2015
RandomAfricanAm:

Hell with that said maybe all African Americans should attend university in Africa grin ...maybe that's a topic for later.
America is a white racist country; FACT! But why relocating to Africa? Stay in the U.S and fight for your Rights..
Re: Is It Time For Black People To Go Back To Africa?(topic By Nigerians In America) by tpiander: 1:50pm On Jul 03, 2015
I really don't see anything wrong with africans in america attending university in africa.

I'm actually surprised there is little done to this effect.
Re: Is It Time For Black People To Go Back To Africa?(topic By Nigerians In America) by anonymous6(f): 2:32pm On Jul 03, 2015
Some Nigerians that live abroad and born their children abroad in the western world send their children to school in nigeria but at young ages, to me it good at the same time it is not a must but I feel if parents do it they should do it when their kids are very young so they can easily adjust to the system easily. I think if Nigerians in the western world had a chance all would do it but who will take care of the kids when they are in Nigeria, not all Nigerian parents have somebody they can trust with their kids if they are not going back anytime soon especially with a good job. When it comes to african americans doing it I see nothing wrong with it, a few are actually doing it, there was a woman who packed and left America for good and brought her mother and three young children with her and they are all being raised and schooled in Ghana, shown in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jFviE37E2Y
Re: Is It Time For Black People To Go Back To Africa?(topic By Nigerians In America) by macof(m): 2:47pm On Jul 04, 2015
Good idea.

Let AAs be exposed to Africa

(1) (Reply)

Ijamba Ina Sele Ni Oja Badagry / Photo Different Between Twins And Ibeji / RE: I Have No Apology To Worshiping God - Ooni of ife (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.