Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,351 members, 7,822,666 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:45 PM

Appointments: Buhari, King Of The North? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Appointments: Buhari, King Of The North? (433 Views)

Appointments: Buhari Has Violated Laws —senators / Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu / Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Appointments: Buhari, King Of The North? by salterswan: 1:11pm On Jul 03, 2015
Since the inauguration of President Muhammadu Buhari on May 29 as the 6th Executive President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, the frequency of his major appointments from the north has generated murmurs of unease from citizens.

Political analysts who expressed concerns, lamented that the mantra of change that the All Progressives Congress, APC, was parroting, may not be holistic as President Buhari appears to be “pursuing a northern agenda.”

His appointments so have been: Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, Mrs Amina Zakari (North), Head of Department of Petroleum Resources, DPR, Mordecai Ladan (North), Accountant-General of the Federation, Ahmed Idris (North), and Chief Security Officer, Abdulrahman Mani(North).

Also appointed, are: The State Chief of Protocol, Lawal Kazaure (North), Aide De Camp, ADC, Lt. Col Mohammed Abubakar (North), Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu (North), Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina (South), Chief of Staff, Col Hamid Ali (North) and the Director of State Security Service, Lawal Daura (North).

Apart from the appointments, recently, Daily Sun reports revealed that the dissolution of the board of Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC, had triggered intense lobbying to fill the positions of the Group Managing Director, GMD, and those of Executive Directors.

“Some highly placed northerners from the core northern states are already strategizing to fill existing vacancies, while other qualified officers from the N/Central, S/West, S/East and S/South geo-political zones, would be pushed to obscure departments and positions,” Daily Sun had claimed in a report.

http://www.post-nigeria.com/appointments-buhari-king-of-the-north/
Re: Appointments: Buhari, King Of The North? by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jul 03, 2015
T.R.I.O

"The Race Is On" for ftc
Re: Appointments: Buhari, King Of The North? by drtwist(m): 1:18pm On Jul 03, 2015
lets wait for ministerial list b4 we conclude
Re: Appointments: Buhari, King Of The North? by blessnija: 1:19pm On Jul 03, 2015
President Buhari.such a foolish president
but u above me.... u beat me to ftc
Re: Appointments: Buhari, King Of The North? by delugajackson: 1:28pm On Jul 03, 2015
Baba go slow abi na Baba hold Up. I've been waiting anxiously for a better change than what you've dished out already. Anyway, Ministerial list on my mind.
Re: Appointments: Buhari, King Of The North? by KnowAll(m): 1:31pm On Jul 03, 2015
Femi Adesina had better brush up on his hausa as d lingua franca of choice will be hausa. cool

(1) (Reply)

Police Probe Ekweremadu For Senate Rules ‘forgery’ / Dear Buhari, Your Redemption Is Not In America. / Sule Lamido To Stay In Prison? Congratulations To Prison Warders And Prisoners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.