Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,449 members, 7,850,568 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:46 AM

Buhari Backtracks, Appoints New SSS Chief “acting” DG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Backtracks, Appoints New SSS Chief “acting” DG (1092 Views)

Buhari Backtracks, Appoints New SSS Chief “acting” DG / Buhari Backtracks, Appoints New SSS Chief “acting” DG / Lawal Musa Daura, The New SSS Director General's Profile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Backtracks, Appoints New SSS Chief “acting” DG by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jul 03, 2015
The new head of the State Security Service, Lawal Daura, appointed by President Muhammadu Buhari, will act in that capacity pending the appointment of a substantive Director General, the Head of Service has said.

Mr. Daura was appointed Thursday by the president after he fired the former DG, Ita Ekpenyong, who is accused partisanship.

The first announcement from the Head of Service, Danladi Kifasi, said President Buhari appointed “Lawal Musa Daura as the new Director General Department of State Security Service”.

The statement, signed by Haruna Imrana, for the head of service, said the appointment was with “immediate effect”.

However, the Head of Service issued a second statement late Thursday amid controversy over the appointment, after it became clear the president recalled Mr. Daura, his kinsman, from retirement, ahead of other qualified personnel still in the service.

“President Muhamadu Buhari has appointed Lawal Musa Daura as the new acting Director General Department of State Security Service,” the statement said.

Neither statements acknowledged Mr. Daura had left the service before his appointment.
PREMIUM TIMES reported Thursday that he retired from the SSS in 2013.

Mr. Daura was born in Daura, Katsina state, and was at one time the Deputy Director Presidential Communication, Command and Control Centre at the Presidential Villa Abuja between 2003 and 2007.

He also served as the State Director of Security Service at various times in Kano, Sokoto, Edo, Lagos, Osun and Imo States.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/186031-buhari-backtracks-appoints-new-sss-chief-acting-dg.html
Re: Buhari Backtracks, Appoints New SSS Chief “acting” DG by axiliborha(f): 4:24pm On Jul 03, 2015
sad
Re: Buhari Backtracks, Appoints New SSS Chief “acting” DG by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jul 03, 2015
. . . . . . . . . . .certainly not the kind of news I am expecting from Buhari undecided. . . . . . . . . . . . . .but well, I give him the benefit of doubt till 1st December grin grin
Re: Buhari Backtracks, Appoints New SSS Chief “acting” DG by Dbrainiac1(m): 4:25pm On Jul 03, 2015
A clue? No
Re: Buhari Backtracks, Appoints New SSS Chief “acting” DG by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jul 03, 2015
However, the Head of Service issued a second statement late Thursday amid controversy over the appointment, after it became clear the president recalled Mr. Daura, his kinsman, from retirement, ahead of other qualified personnel still in the service.
This is interesting.... So President Buhari brought back somebody out of retirement to Head DSS when he could have nominated someone still in service? This President sef na wa o

Ecoterrors and Mogidi should see this.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Backtracks, Appoints New SSS Chief “acting” DG by BeeBeeOoh(m): 4:28pm On Jul 03, 2015
I'm just confused like our amiable 3D..
Re: Buhari Backtracks, Appoints New SSS Chief “acting” DG by dayo23(f): 4:29pm On Jul 03, 2015
torkaka:
The new head of the State Security Service, Lawal Daura, appointed by President Muhammadu Buhari, will act in that capacity pending the appointment of a substantive Director General, the Head of Service has said.

Mr. Daura was appointed Thursday by the president after he fired the former DG, Ita Ekpenyong, who is accused partisanship.

The first announcement from the Head of Service, Danladi Kifasi, said President Buhari appointed “Lawal Musa Daura as the new Director General Department of State Security Service”.

The statement, signed by Haruna Imrana, for the head of service, said the appointment was with “immediate effect”.

“President Muhamadu Buhari has appointed Lawal Musa Daura as the new acting Director General Department of State Security Service,” the statement said.

Neither statements acknowledged Mr. Daura had left the service before his appointment.
PREMIUM TIMES reported Thursday that he retired from the SSS in 2013.

Mr. Daura was born in Daura, Katsina state, and was at one time the Deputy Director Presidential Communication, Command and Control Centre at the Presidential Villa Abuja between 2003 and 2007.

He also served as the State Director of Security Service at various times in Kano, Sokoto, Edo, Lagos, Osun and Imo States.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/186031-buhari-backtracks-appoints-new-sss-chief-acting-dg.html
Confused old man, he should better appoint Yoruba's and Ibos in his cabinet or else poor decisions like this will continue, put people with better standard and education.
Re: Buhari Backtracks, Appoints New SSS Chief “acting” DG by dayo23(f): 4:31pm On Jul 03, 2015
torkaka:
. . . . . . . . . . .certainly not the kind of news I am expecting from Buhari undecided. . . . . . . . . . . . . .but well, I give him the benefit of doubt till 1st December grin grin
Mr President need advisers for God sake, imagine senseless decision he is taking, even primary school kid will just laff at this. A very confuse Man
Re: Buhari Backtracks, Appoints New SSS Chief “acting” DG by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jul 03, 2015
barcanista:
This is interesting.... So President Buhari brought back somebody out of retirement to Head DSS when he could have nominated someone still in service? This President sef na wa o

I wil wait with bated breath tomorrow for an analysis of this new govt misadventure.

Don't forget to give us another bomb and objective article

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Backtracks, Appoints New SSS Chief “acting” DG by joeyfire(m): 4:32pm On Jul 03, 2015
#therealclueless
Re: Buhari Backtracks, Appoints New SSS Chief “acting” DG by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jul 03, 2015
What a confused president, this is what you get when you appoint two media aides and when you work without advisers
Re: Buhari Backtracks, Appoints New SSS Chief “acting” DG by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jul 03, 2015
torkaka:
this man, I always laugh each time you quote me.

This your words always make me laugh (*imp* *creting* *dunce*) lol... Maybe you should give Buhari the benefit of doubt till May 29, 2019!

Make I greet you sef so that you no go think say I de vex for you! grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari Backtracks, Appoints New SSS Chief “acting” DG by dayo23(f): 4:34pm On Jul 03, 2015
barcanista:

Seems the fasting is affecting him mentally, Kai this baba dey fall my efforts.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Backtracks, Appoints New SSS Chief “acting” DG by balimoney(m): 4:36pm On Jul 03, 2015
I don't think this PMB knows what he's doing......one step forward,two steps backward *smsh*

1 Like

Re: Buhari Backtracks, Appoints New SSS Chief “acting” DG by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jul 03, 2015
dayo23:
Mr President need advisers for God sake, imagine senseless decision he is taking, even primary school kid will just laff at this. A very confuse Man

. . . . . . . surely advisers would have made the difference in this flipflop decision . . . . . . . . . . . . .its high time Buhari makes some relevant appointments . . . . . . . . . . . .I hate to see APC being unable to manage success, and I definitely would not want them to fail . . . . . . . . . . .APC should be careful not to make those goons and imps in PDP look like angels!!
Re: Buhari Backtracks, Appoints New SSS Chief “acting” DG by Visocrate(m): 4:39pm On Jul 03, 2015
what do you expect from a leader who didn't read to lead a leader is a reader you can't possibly lead without leadership skill
Re: Buhari Backtracks, Appoints New SSS Chief “acting” DG by Lanceslot(m): 4:39pm On Jul 03, 2015
Baba go slow @ it again.

Re: Buhari Backtracks, Appoints New SSS Chief “acting” DG by Gboliwe: 4:42pm On Jul 03, 2015
barcanista:

Are you just noticing that? One of his brothers on facebook fought throughout yesterday to justify this action. Make I go find his opinion on this latest "act of terrorism"
Re: Buhari Backtracks, Appoints New SSS Chief “acting” DG by moyinoluwabun(m): 4:43pm On Jul 03, 2015
This man act *cluelessly. Na small e remain, dem for deny say dem no appoint him in d first place. But what's wrong with this govt?
Re: Buhari Backtracks, Appoints New SSS Chief “acting” DG by dayo23(f): 4:45pm On Jul 03, 2015
torkaka:

. . . . . . . surely advisers would have made the difference in this flipflop decision . . . . . . . . . . . . .its high time Buhari makes some relevant appointments . . . . . . . . . . . .I hate to see APC being unable to manage success, and I definitely would not want them to fail . . . . . . . . . . .APC should be careful not to make those goons and imps in PDP look like angels!!
my brother I tire with this old man, Nigeria ain't moving forward, neither are we moving backward. We just dey Stagnant!
Re: Buhari Backtracks, Appoints New SSS Chief “acting” DG by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jul 03, 2015
barcanista:
this man, I always laugh each time you quote me.

This your words always make me laugh (*imp* *creting* *dunce*) lol... Maybe you should give Buhari the benefit of doubt till May 29, 2019!

Make I greet you sef so that you no go think say I de vex for you! grin

. . . . . . . . . .underling, it's called patience . . . . . . . . . . .I will criticize the government when I deem it fit and appropriate . . . . . . . . . . .goon, unlike you wailers, I will let Buhari find his footing . . . . . . . . . . .but that doesn't mean I wont bark at an irrational decision
Re: Buhari Backtracks, Appoints New SSS Chief “acting” DG by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jul 03, 2015
Gboliwe:

Are you just noticing that? One of his brothers on facebook fought throughout yesterday to justify this action. Make I go find his opinion on this latest "act of terrorism"
I'm not against the appointment but I've got issue with policy and appointment instability.
Re: Buhari Backtracks, Appoints New SSS Chief “acting” DG by joseph1832(m): 5:07pm On Jul 03, 2015
barcanista:

So? Ever heard the words "old soldier never die?".
Re: Buhari Backtracks, Appoints New SSS Chief “acting” DG by joseph1832(m): 5:09pm On Jul 03, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
I'm not against the appointment but I've got issue with policy and appointment instability.
Hang on to your undies dear, in time I believe you'll hold hands with barcanista and sing kumbaya when PMB show you that he knows what heis doing.
Re: Buhari Backtracks, Appoints New SSS Chief “acting” DG by Mogidi: 5:21pm On Jul 03, 2015
barcanista:

The old man is so brainless I can't but feel sorry for his supporters. I mean how can any supporter spin this one?
The clown should join basket mouth on his nationwide tour. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari Backtracks, Appoints New SSS Chief “acting” DG by Orunto: 7:59pm On Jul 03, 2015
Commander in Chiefs is from Danra. DG DSS is from Daura. This is a Democracy, no Vendetta please.

(1) (Reply)

Katsina State Lg Councils Dissolution And The Law Behind The Verdict - / Nigeria’s Power Transmission In All-time Peak of 4545 mega watts / DSS Withdraws From Dasuki’s House… South Africa Returns Seized Cash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.