Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,693 members, 7,809,619 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:02 PM

Burning Vehicle Along Lagos-ibadan Express Causes Traffic (photos) - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Burning Vehicle Along Lagos-ibadan Express Causes Traffic (photos) (40629 Views)

Policeman In Ojota Assists With A Vehicle Causing Traffic - Photos / Photos From The Fatal Accident Along Lagos-ibadan Expressway This Morning / Petrol Tanker On Fire Along Lagos Ibadan Expressway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Burning Vehicle Along Lagos-ibadan Express Causes Traffic (photos) by thexzy(m): 8:22pm On Jul 03, 2015
lalasticlala:
Someone tweeted this:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Gidi_Traffic
Omen, See as the mob is just allowed to blaze up miserably
Re: Burning Vehicle Along Lagos-ibadan Express Causes Traffic (photos) by damiloladuke: 8:26pm On Jul 03, 2015
too bad

CHECK MY SIGNATURE TO READ ABOUT MY FUNNY PERSONAL SECRET DIARY
Re: Burning Vehicle Along Lagos-ibadan Express Causes Traffic (photos) by feyilag(f): 8:35pm On Jul 03, 2015
no wonder!am enroute 2 RCCG camp& d traffic is terrible.May God help us!!!
Re: Burning Vehicle Along Lagos-ibadan Express Causes Traffic (photos) by IYANGBALI: 8:39pm On Jul 03, 2015
Olufemiolaolu:
African mentality every thing naa witch. Its possible though.
sharaaaaaaap,if you don't have sense of humour,go fok yourself.
Re: Burning Vehicle Along Lagos-ibadan Express Causes Traffic (photos) by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jul 03, 2015
The caption of this thread was correct but the NL mod erroneously edited nonsense.

Is there any english like "Jeep seriously burning"?

If not that am a nigerian, I wouldn't have understood this crap

1 Like

Re: Burning Vehicle Along Lagos-ibadan Express Causes Traffic (photos) by Angelahoney: 8:48pm On Jul 03, 2015
Tomfrench:
shocked oh my...

that's someone's money going up in flames mehn!!

pele sad

Life is more important.
Re: Burning Vehicle Along Lagos-ibadan Express Causes Traffic (photos) by feyilag(f): 8:50pm On Jul 03, 2015
turns out Gov Amosun is also in lagos ibadan expressway traffic.He isnt d cause but d traffic got cleared afta we drove past him.beta governor!!!
Re: Burning Vehicle Along Lagos-ibadan Express Causes Traffic (photos) by 9jatatafo(m): 8:58pm On Jul 03, 2015
So sad. I hope no life was lost.
Re: Burning Vehicle Along Lagos-ibadan Express Causes Traffic (photos) by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jul 03, 2015
For those identifying the burning vehicle as a Jeep or Highlander, please look carefully.

It's a 2001 model year Volkswagen Passat B5.5 Estate.

Fires are more often than not caused by leaking / burst fuel lines, or electrical short-circuits. Even the cheapest economy compact cars don't just erupt into flames.

And for those wondering why no one stopped to use fire extinguishers to attack the blaze. Get real! Automotive fire extinguishers are okay when fighting a smouldering fire, not a blaze that is fuelled by gasoline and oil.

Only an insane being will attempt to put out a fire this big. Once a fire has found a fuel source - gasoline, it is not worth risking life and limb. Gas tanks explode once subjected to heat. To effectively tackle a fire, the extinguisher needs to be aimed at the BASE of the fire. In this case, you wouldn't be able to get close enough for your paltry car fire extinguisher to be of any use, the heat would be too fierce.

The best thing is to allow the car to burn, until the sources of fuel are exhausted. If my car was on fire, and the blaze had found gasoline, I would let it burn. Don't forget, burning upholstery, vinyl, dashboard material and foam etc produce toxins more deadly than arsenic. Inhale a big enough dose, and you'll die.

Lastly, once the interior of a car is engulfed in flames like this Volkswagen Passat was, there's nothing left to save. Even if the Fire Service arrived at this point, the car would have been totalled. They would only be putting the fire out to prevent it from spreading, not because they feel the owner would be thinking of getting the car repaired.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Burning Vehicle Along Lagos-ibadan Express Causes Traffic (photos) by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jul 03, 2015
God have mercy
Re: Burning Vehicle Along Lagos-ibadan Express Causes Traffic (photos) by castrokins(m): 10:01pm On Jul 03, 2015
Bad Fan, Overheating, Battery, Etc. Hope Occupants Escaped The Inferno.
Re: Burning Vehicle Along Lagos-ibadan Express Causes Traffic (photos) by ndidibabe(f): 10:08pm On Jul 03, 2015
tellwisdom:
This cheap car?? sad
You are a perfect example of what the Yoruba people call Apa or Arungu.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Burning Vehicle Along Lagos-ibadan Express Causes Traffic (photos) by ElFenomeno1: 10:38pm On Jul 03, 2015
Gwekzy:
Hope nobody was stocked inside.

Stuck not stocked .... olodo!

OP
That is not a jeep.... it's a passat wagon / estate car.
Re: Burning Vehicle Along Lagos-ibadan Express Causes Traffic (photos) by mafioso47(m): 10:42pm On Jul 03, 2015
My fears for Tokunbo vehicles !!
Re: Burning Vehicle Along Lagos-ibadan Express Causes Traffic (photos) by Nobody: 11:42pm On Jul 03, 2015
I've seen the vehicle, what i didn't see is the traffic it caused.
Re: Burning Vehicle Along Lagos-ibadan Express Causes Traffic (photos) by mexiae(m): 2:02am On Jul 04, 2015
a vehicle without plate number identification....... quite fishy
Re: Burning Vehicle Along Lagos-ibadan Express Causes Traffic (photos) by bigtt76(f): 3:28am On Jul 04, 2015
Abeg nor vex but na Toyota Highlander be this not Passat Estate.

Siena:
For those identifying the burning vehicle as a Jeep or Highlander, please look carefully.

It's a 2001 model year Volkswagen Passat B5.5 Estate.

Fires are more often than not caused by leaking / burst fuel lines, or electrical short-circuits. Even the cheapest economy compact cars don't just erupt into flames.

And for those wondering why no one stopped to use fire extinguishers to attack the blaze. Get real! Automotive fire extinguishers are okay when fighting a smouldering fire, not a blaze that is fuelled by gasoline and oil.

Only an insane being will attempt to put out a fire this big. Once a fire has found a fuel source - gasoline, it is not worth risking life and limb. Gas tanks explode once subjected to heat. To effectively tackle a fire, the extinguisher needs to be aimed at the BASE of the fire. In this case, you wouldn't be able to get close enough for your paltry car fire extinguisher to be of any use, the heat would be too fierce.

The best thing is to allow the car to burn, until the sources of fuel are exhausted. If my car was on fire, and the blaze had found gasoline, I would let it burn. Don't forget, burning upholstery, vinyl, dashboard material and foam etc produce toxins more deadly than arsenic. Inhale a big enough dose, and you'll die.

Lastly, once the interior of a car is engulfed in flames like this Volkswagen Passat was, there's nothing left to save. Even if the Fire Service arrived at this point, the car would have been totalled. They would only be putting the fire out to prevent it from spreading, not because they feel the owner would be thinking of getting the car repaired.
Re: Burning Vehicle Along Lagos-ibadan Express Causes Traffic (photos) by EmekaBlue(m): 3:54am On Jul 04, 2015
Insurance u must pay up..enuf evidence
Re: Burning Vehicle Along Lagos-ibadan Express Causes Traffic (photos) by Ertekazee: 3:59am On Jul 04, 2015
This is an obvious reason, and primarily the insistence of the Federal Road Safety Corps, for motorists plying the routes, to always arm themselves with good and functional fire extinguisher canisters. If the unfortunate victim or other motorists had functional fire extinguishers in their vehicles, this would have been arrested on time. It's really a pity.
Re: Burning Vehicle Along Lagos-ibadan Express Causes Traffic (photos) by mygee33(m): 8:26am On Jul 04, 2015
And there is no plate number yet.....toks!
Re: Burning Vehicle Along Lagos-ibadan Express Causes Traffic (photos) by CreamyAutos(m): 11:15am On Jul 04, 2015
It was a passat not jeep, i was there yesterday
So pathetic.
Re: Burning Vehicle Along Lagos-ibadan Express Causes Traffic (photos) by Lancier(m): 1:16pm On Jul 04, 2015
Do you know Insurance is the modern day creator and protector of wealth?

We at insurancedirect2u in association with STACO Insurance Plc can provide you with world class insurance services to safeguard you in Nigeria's challenging environment. 

Our Services: 
Motor Insurance,Fire and Special Perils Insurance,Personal Protection Plan,Burglary Insurance,Home Insurance,Accident Insurance,Building Insurance,Workmen Compensation,Marine & Aviation Insurance,Engineering & Construction Insurance,Oil & Gas Insurance etc. 

Our rates and premiums are quite competitive and affordable. We also offer we flexible payment plans and advisory services. 

For inquiries, call LANRE  on 08033054437 or ping me. BB Pin: 2bd85fdb  You can also email me on lancier224@yahoo.com. 

INSURE TODAY to safeguard against the unforeseen. Please forward to all your friends and contacts.

insurancedirect2u...Quality Service Delivery "2U" Guaranteed.
Re: Burning Vehicle Along Lagos-ibadan Express Causes Traffic (photos) by Gamesmart: 1:24pm On Jul 04, 2015
Look at the quality of Expressway Goodluck Jonathan left us. undecided
Re: Burning Vehicle Along Lagos-ibadan Express Causes Traffic (photos) by Olufemiolaolu(m): 1:53pm On Jul 04, 2015
IYANGBALI:
sharaaaaaaap,if you don't have sense of humour,go fok yourself.
who released you? its not time now grin
Re: Burning Vehicle Along Lagos-ibadan Express Causes Traffic (photos) by IYANGBALI: 1:59pm On Jul 04, 2015
Olufemiolaolu:
who released you? its not time now grin
see you mouth,enemy of progress tongue the poster below me is jobless

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The 2020 Range Rover Velar Svautobiography Is The James Bond Of Suvs / Man Drinks To Stupor, Forgets Car At A Beer Parlour In Lagos. Photo / DIY (DO-IT-YOURSELF) ABSOLUTELY FREE VIN CHECK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.