Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,128 members, 7,818,381 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:59 PM

Tinubu, Lawan, Saraki, Gbajabiamila Offered PDP Lawmakers Juicy Committee... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu, Lawan, Saraki, Gbajabiamila Offered PDP Lawmakers Juicy Committee... (1251 Views)

Lagos PDP Lawmakers Who Decamped To APC Visit Tinubu In His Ikoyi Home (Photo) / Marafa Accepts Saraki's Juicy Committee Gift, Says It Will Bring Peace / Buhari, Tinubu, Lawan Mohammed Refuse Saraki’s Apologies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu, Lawan, Saraki, Gbajabiamila Offered PDP Lawmakers Juicy Committee... by sirscripture: 9:08am On Jul 04, 2015
Prior to the emergence of Senator Bukola Saraki as Senate President and Yakubu Dogara As Speaker, the People’s Democratic Party has revealed that the PDP were approached by the principal figures of the All Progressives Congress, seeking their supports to emerge as leaders.

This was revealed by the publicity secretary of the PDP, Olisa Metuh who further said that the National Leader of the APC, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu actually reached out to certain leaders of the PDP to sell his anointed candidates for the positions of Senate President and Speaker, House of Representatives.

The PDP national publicity secretary further disclosed that the camps of Femi Gbajabiamila and Senator Ahmed Lawan promised PDP lawmakers in both the Red and Green Chambers, juicy committees.

“We call on the APC to resolve their differences. The APC leaders have wrongly accused Saraki and Dogara of negotiating with PDP and that’s why they are calling for their heads. But I can categorically tell you today that Tinubu, Lawan and Saraki, Gbajabiamila all approached PDP for cooperation for positions of Senate President and House of Representatives.

“Tinubu reached out to PDP leaders-I can tell you that he made phone calls, he negotiated- same thing with Gbajabiamila, same thing with Lawan! Saraki did the same thing and Dogara.

“So, the PDP sat down, met with our leadership in the National Assembly, the former Senate President, David Mark, the Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu, the deputy national chairman of our party, myself, some governors and the chairman, Board of Trustees of our party, Haliru Bello and we looked at the offer of all the various interests in APC, to determine, which one was in the best interest of the party. “Some offered a lot to our senators in terms of key committees.

“Lawan and Gbajabiamila virtually offered PDP juicy committees, but what swayed us and the reason why PDP endorsed Saraki and Dogara is the fact that they had been our members and because they were brought up and nurtured under the PDP, ideology they already know that the peace and unity of this country is paramount to us as a party.

“ The fact that we are for national interest and not individual interest, we decided to support people who at one time in their lives, shared the same ideology with us than people whom we know, especially the zoning that they have done and the way they allocated the offices, they are more interested in personal interest.”

Asked if the endorsement of Saraki Dogara and others, who actually dumped the PDP would not encourage rebellion in the party, Metuh said they defected “to other parties to foster their political interest.

“ On what basis did they rebel against the party? They may not have been right, but at no point did they query the ideology of the party and put their individual interest above that of the party. At no point did they question the ideals of the founding fathers of our party. The fact that we believe in the unity and progress of this country, they never questioned.”

So, if they went to other parties to foster their political interest, that’s different.

“If we had a choice, we would have gone for a PDP Speaker or Senate President, because PDP is an honorable party, because we already gave our words that we are going to support Senator Saraki. We decided to keep faith. If PDP had nominated anybody he would have won and they needed two third to reverse it, which they did not have . So, I think the APC should be grateful to us for being honourable. We may have lost the election but we haven’t lost decency and our diligence.”

The PDP national publicity scribe also dismissed speculation of a deal to ensure that Senator Saraki and Dogara return to the party.

“Definitely not. It would have been insulting for PDP to make such demands from Saraki and Dogara. At no point in our discussions with them did we ask them to dump their platform for PDP.”

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu, Lawan, Saraki, Gbajabiamila Offered PDP Lawmakers Juicy Committee... by HungerBAD: 9:09am On Jul 04, 2015
Remind me again please, who is this Olisa Metuh?

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu, Lawan, Saraki, Gbajabiamila Offered PDP Lawmakers Juicy Committee... by Firefire(m): 9:11am On Jul 04, 2015
Interesting revelation... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Tinubu, Lawan, Saraki, Gbajabiamila Offered PDP Lawmakers Juicy Committee... by MosakuAW(m): 9:13am On Jul 04, 2015
Re: Tinubu, Lawan, Saraki, Gbajabiamila Offered PDP Lawmakers Juicy Committee... by Olamitisoji(m): 9:14am On Jul 04, 2015
ok
Re: Tinubu, Lawan, Saraki, Gbajabiamila Offered PDP Lawmakers Juicy Committee... by Rilwayne001: 9:15am On Jul 04, 2015
Olisah metuh is a just as dumb as a sheep.
Re: Tinubu, Lawan, Saraki, Gbajabiamila Offered PDP Lawmakers Juicy Committee... by Nobody: 9:16am On Jul 04, 2015
Rilwayne001:
Are u not suppose to be fasting("gbawing"wink?

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu, Lawan, Saraki, Gbajabiamila Offered PDP Lawmakers Juicy Committee... by DONMAYOR19(m): 9:18am On Jul 04, 2015
Booked.
Re: Tinubu, Lawan, Saraki, Gbajabiamila Offered PDP Lawmakers Juicy Committee... by Nobody: 9:19am On Jul 04, 2015
Tinubu was really disgraced by PDP, I love this show
Re: Tinubu, Lawan, Saraki, Gbajabiamila Offered PDP Lawmakers Juicy Committee... by Nobody: 9:21am On Jul 04, 2015
PDP still got the ace card in this National assembly, I see PDP get juicy positions again
Re: Tinubu, Lawan, Saraki, Gbajabiamila Offered PDP Lawmakers Juicy Committee... by Rilwayne001: 9:22am On Jul 04, 2015
Firefire:
Interesting revelation... cheesy
undecided
Re: Tinubu, Lawan, Saraki, Gbajabiamila Offered PDP Lawmakers Juicy Committee... by Rilwayne001: 9:24am On Jul 04, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Are u not suppose to be fasting("gbawing"wink?
If I slap you ehn undecided

1 Like

Re: Tinubu, Lawan, Saraki, Gbajabiamila Offered PDP Lawmakers Juicy Committee... by Firefire(m): 9:25am On Jul 04, 2015
Rilwayne001:

undecided

Omo iya, ki lo se enu yin beyen ? shocked
Re: Tinubu, Lawan, Saraki, Gbajabiamila Offered PDP Lawmakers Juicy Committee... by Nobody: 9:25am On Jul 04, 2015
Rilwayne001:

If I slap you ehn undecided
If u see me, bro u will tremble. Am not bragging buh I doubt if u can look at ma face.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu, Lawan, Saraki, Gbajabiamila Offered PDP Lawmakers Juicy Committee... by Rilwayne001: 9:26am On Jul 04, 2015
Firefire:

Omo iya, ki lo se enu yin beyen ? shocked
Kinla ni undecided grin

1 Like

Re: Tinubu, Lawan, Saraki, Gbajabiamila Offered PDP Lawmakers Juicy Committee... by Rilwayne001: 9:27am On Jul 04, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:

If u see me, bro u will tremble. Am not bragging buh I doubt if u can look at ma face.

Really? Have you ever seen me? If you see me ehn, you will faint undecided

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu, Lawan, Saraki, Gbajabiamila Offered PDP Lawmakers Juicy Committee... by Firefire(m): 9:28am On Jul 04, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Kinla ni undecided grin

Otu mo si wipe, Kinla ata rodo ti ba enu yin je... ?

E so ra fun ata awon abo.ki ninu aawe.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu, Lawan, Saraki, Gbajabiamila Offered PDP Lawmakers Juicy Committee... by temitemi1(m): 9:30am On Jul 04, 2015
We refuse dancing to the thief of burdillon's tune grin grin

PDP Is On The Rise Again!

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu, Lawan, Saraki, Gbajabiamila Offered PDP Lawmakers Juicy Committee... by Nobody: 9:30am On Jul 04, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Remember ifeann posted a picture of u, so I ve an idea wad u look like, datz y am confident and sure dat I can kick ur azz

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu, Lawan, Saraki, Gbajabiamila Offered PDP Lawmakers Juicy Committee... by Starships4u(m): 9:32am On Jul 04, 2015
PDP playing senior man game on APC....

1 Like

Re: Tinubu, Lawan, Saraki, Gbajabiamila Offered PDP Lawmakers Juicy Committee... by Rilwayne001: 9:40am On Jul 04, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:

Remember ifeann posted a picture of u, so I ve an idea wad u look like, datz y am confident and sure dat I can kick ur azz

Lol.

Mumu, you are confident that you can kick my aass when actually you haven't seen me in real life? You are basing your assumption on a pix that wasn't even in full. O boy! na dream u dey dream oo...if I enter ilorin today and get hold of you at the same time, you should know that even UITH go reject you that day. No be joke.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu, Lawan, Saraki, Gbajabiamila Offered PDP Lawmakers Juicy Committee... by IbokUtoroh(m): 9:48am On Jul 04, 2015
Rilwayne001:

U dey carry bomb waka?
Abi u dey tie am for body?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu, Lawan, Saraki, Gbajabiamila Offered PDP Lawmakers Juicy Committee... by Shortyy(f): 10:03am On Jul 04, 2015
LMAO
Re: Tinubu, Lawan, Saraki, Gbajabiamila Offered PDP Lawmakers Juicy Committee... by temitemi1(m): 10:03am On Jul 04, 2015
“ The fact that we are for national interest and not individual interest, we decided to support people who at one time in their lives, shared the same ideology with us than people whom we know, especially the zoning that they have done and the way they allocated the offices, they are more interested in personal interest.”
Re: Tinubu, Lawan, Saraki, Gbajabiamila Offered PDP Lawmakers Juicy Committee... by Nobody: 10:14am On Jul 04, 2015
I see olisa metu is waking up to his responsibility. .. you need to keep pdp in d news and keep apc on thr toes. ..
Re: Tinubu, Lawan, Saraki, Gbajabiamila Offered PDP Lawmakers Juicy Committee... by Nobody: 10:30am On Jul 04, 2015
Rilwayne001:
He's so dumb, sheep shakes their head in dismay when they see him.
Re: Tinubu, Lawan, Saraki, Gbajabiamila Offered PDP Lawmakers Juicy Committee... by Rilwayne001: 10:32am On Jul 04, 2015
MuhdG:
He's so dumb, sheep shakes their head in dismay when they see him.
Lol. Very true.
Well, he can only deceive all these numskull gullible saTANists.

(1) (Reply)

Senator Ben Murray Bruce's Message To Nairalander Youths / Photos: Man Threatens To Kill Himself Today 20th Of July / World's First Black Pilot, His Grandmother Was From Bornu, Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.