Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

7 Things You Should Do While Waiting For That Dream Job - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 7 Things You Should Do While Waiting For That Dream Job (27383 Views)

9 Jobs You Can Do While Waiting For Your NYSC Posting / 10 Things A Graduate Should Do While Waiting For A Good Job Offer / Things To Do While Waiting For A Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Things You Should Do While Waiting For That Dream Job by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jul 04, 2015
Business
Re: 7 Things You Should Do While Waiting For That Dream Job by Abduletudaye(m): 8:59pm On Jul 04, 2015
engrshakespeare:

Learn a foreign language. You can learn Chinese, I did.

Chinese shocked... Xin xin cool...

Chinchinkwa tongue
Re: 7 Things You Should Do While Waiting For That Dream Job by WIZGUY69(m): 9:00pm On Jul 04, 2015
INTROVERT, You de hear abi
Re: 7 Things You Should Do While Waiting For That Dream Job by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jul 04, 2015
I went for 5 while honing on 6. tnx a lot op.
Re: 7 Things You Should Do While Waiting For That Dream Job by millionboi(m): 9:02pm On Jul 04, 2015
Sleep well
Eat well
Enjoy d free period b4 d job land
Re: 7 Things You Should Do While Waiting For That Dream Job by anslemkel(m): 9:05pm On Jul 04, 2015
Wise words but I don't like that aspect of helping mum out. With private schools scattered all around, doing a teaching job will not be a bad idea too
Re: 7 Things You Should Do While Waiting For That Dream Job by beyoncausme: 9:09pm On Jul 04, 2015
it is well o...
Re: 7 Things You Should Do While Waiting For That Dream Job by bodekom92(m): 9:11pm On Jul 04, 2015
What's the point commenting sef? Nobody reads past the first page of comments...
Re: 7 Things You Should Do While Waiting For That Dream Job by bigerboy200: 9:11pm On Jul 04, 2015
Organise PS4 tournaments with other jobless friends.. beat d hell out of dem,win d prize money (from the registration money collected from all the participants) then add d achievements to ur CV... do this as many times as possible..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Things You Should Do While Waiting For That Dream Job by Mznaett: 9:17pm On Jul 04, 2015
K o
Re: 7 Things You Should Do While Waiting For That Dream Job by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jul 04, 2015
8. Read
Re: 7 Things You Should Do While Waiting For That Dream Job by bosunjohns(m): 9:23pm On Jul 04, 2015
Get married. grin
Re: 7 Things You Should Do While Waiting For That Dream Job by Nellypy: 9:32pm On Jul 04, 2015
Start a small scale biz
Re: 7 Things You Should Do While Waiting For That Dream Job by damiloladuke: 9:43pm On Jul 04, 2015
good

CHECK MY SIGNATURE TO READ ABOUT MY PERSONA FUNNY DIARY
Re: 7 Things You Should Do While Waiting For That Dream Job by callonme(m): 9:47pm On Jul 04, 2015
While waiting on God

I'm also working hard on my award winning blog.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Things You Should Do While Waiting For That Dream Job by otabuko(m): 9:48pm On Jul 04, 2015
Polithiefcian:

angry
number one is key!
Re: 7 Things You Should Do While Waiting For That Dream Job by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jul 04, 2015
... ok

Do you live in Akwa Ibom State? Do you relish the desire to own your own business with little start up capital and promising returns in investment? Do you hope to look into the mirror each morning and know you are talking to the boss? Are you enterprising?/Would you love to be? Do you have an aptitude for thinking out of the box? Then call or add me up on whatsapp 08085188110. You will be glad you did
Re: 7 Things You Should Do While Waiting For That Dream Job by Justicealh3(m): 10:01pm On Jul 04, 2015
undecided
Re: 7 Things You Should Do While Waiting For That Dream Job by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jul 04, 2015
No 3 is my new job.
Got the job since I graduated, and having been waiting for this Nysc peeps to change the job line.

Anyway, have been combining it with volunteering jobs especially services to God through humanity. And taking free online MOOC, Alison, coursera etc
Re: 7 Things You Should Do While Waiting For That Dream Job by Jamean(f): 10:16pm On Jul 04, 2015
Ferdybaba:
Accept any job where you can garner experience regardless of the pay...

undecided undecided
Re: 7 Things You Should Do While Waiting For That Dream Job by cruzclinton1(m): 10:24pm On Jul 04, 2015
alawi5k:
1(learn a trade) is the key. Such as

(A)Cosmetic/Make Up line
(B) Men & Women's wear
(C) Phone/ accessories etc

Effect:You will be reluctant to look for job when one Igbo guy decides to supply goods on credit to you.

. The best ever.....you won't even remember where you keep your cv......pls I need help,I want to learn men & woman's wear in ph coz that's where I want to base and do the business. The help I want is I have not being to ph before so I need someone that is In ph that will assist me or connect me with whom I will learn the trade from,a very God fearing person
Re: 7 Things You Should Do While Waiting For That Dream Job by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jul 04, 2015
Jamean:

undecided undecided
What na
Re: 7 Things You Should Do While Waiting For That Dream Job by shynrichies(m): 10:46pm On Jul 04, 2015
bigerboy200:
Organise PS4 tournaments with other jobless friends.. beat d hell out of dem,win d prize money (from the registration money collected from all the participants) then add d achievements to ur CV... do this as many times as possible..

Weyre re oooooooo grin
Re: 7 Things You Should Do While Waiting For That Dream Job by mikedoo(m): 10:47pm On Jul 04, 2015
[right][/right]
Abduletudaye:
Securing a job in Nigeria has been indeed [s][/s]a herculean task. Its either you know someone that's gonna help you clinch that job or you wait for divine intervention.

Many graduates even after NYSC have to run pillar to post to make ends meet. Sometimes i tend to blame the government for not providing adequate jobs but then again, the government isn't going to do everything for its citizens.

I have heard lots of people say, 'Go into business'. This is actually a good step towards entrepreneurship but a reasonable mind will know that business is not for everyone. Many wanna start businesses but have no capital. Many have capital and don't wanna go into business. Most have these capital and refuse to loan because of lack of trust.

Anyway, without digressing too much here are ten things you should consider doing before the dream job comes.

1. Learn A Trade:

To some people, especially those who went to private universities, it might be a bit hard to learn a trade. I don't really mean like selling milo and milk by the road side but i mean learning things like tailoring, shoe making, carpentry. Etc. Its kinda hard for me mentioning all these but it is what it is. We must learn to swallow our pride and be independent.

2. Computer Training:

We are in the jet age and learning a thing or two from the world of computer would do as a little good. Also, it would as serve as a skill acquired. Imagine yourself learning computer hardware and software for a stretch of about 7-8months. That's knowledge and knowledge is power.

3. Help Mum Out:

Yes this might sound funny and not even add anything to your cv but look at the spiritual aspect of it. You are helping mum with all that stress and in return, she will only pray for you. In fact, she will pray that you get a job quick because considering all the time, money and energy spent in school, she knows you deserve better. It helps.

4. Meet New people:

You never might no who would be willing to lend a helping hand. So there is need to create a wide prospect of new individuals in your life because the more the link, the better your chances of securing a job.

5. Get A Masters Degree:

Some people may not be financially buoyant to get a degree but that's life for you. But, i would urge any of you who has the financial vigor, to go for a higher degree as this increases your chances in securing a job. If many people without masters degree applies for a certain job position and you have a masters, that gives you an edge, over them.

6. Do you have a talent:

The truth is, many people are not even destined to land that dream job. This is simply because many have talents that will pay much more than the dream job.
So are you good in acting, singing, comedy, walking on needles, floating in air...lol. Anyway, whatever talent is it, work on it because it might be your breakthrough story.

7. Go for counseling:

You might not just know what you want or what you need to do. This is a case whereby you need a senior figure to put you on the right track so that one wont derail. Seek for guidance, have a heart to heart talk so you will be able to discover that hidden ability you have. Most importantly, so you will able to know the things you really want in life.

8. Add yours....

I hope we all land that dream job soon... cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Things You Should Do While Waiting For That Dream Job by akanbiaa(m): 10:55pm On Jul 04, 2015
Be willing to swallow your pride and settle for less with any job opportunity you get, most jobs are for ssce and nd so if you can do that it might open doors for greater befitting job.
Re: 7 Things You Should Do While Waiting For That Dream Job by mikedoo(m): 11:01pm On Jul 04, 2015
Masters doesn't guarante one a job
Abduletudaye:
Securing a job in Nigeria has been indeed a herculean task. Its either you know someone that's gonna help you clinch that job or you wait for divine intervention.

Many graduates even after NYSC have to run pillar to post to make ends meet. Sometimes i tend to blame the government for not providing adequate jobs but then again, the government isn't going to do everything for its citizens.

I have heard lots of people say, 'Go into business'. This is actually a good step towards entrepreneurship but a reasonable mind will know that business is not for everyone. Many wanna start businesses but have no capital. Many have capital and don't wanna go into business. Most have these capital and refuse to loan because of lack of trust.

Anyway, without digressing too much here are ten things you should consider doing before the dream job comes.

1. Learn A Trade:

To some people, especially those who went to private universities, it might be a bit hard to learn a trade. I don't really mean like selling milo and milk by the road side but i mean learning things like tailoring, shoe making, carpentry. Etc. Its kinda hard for me mentioning all these but it is what it is. We must learn to swallow our pride and be independent.

2. Computer Training:

We are in the jet age and learning a thing or two from the world of computer would do as a little good. Also, it would as serve as a skill acquired. Imagine yourself learning computer hardware and software for a stretch of about 7-8months. That's knowledge and knowledge is power.

3. Help Mum Out:

Yes this might sound funny and not even add anything to your cv but look at the spiritual aspect of it. You are helping mum with all that stress and in return, she will only pray for you. In fact, she will pray that you get a job quick because considering all the time, money and energy spent in school, she knows you deserve better. It helps.

4. Meet New people:

You never might no who would be willing to lend a helping hand. So there is need to create a wide prospect of new individuals in your life because the more the link, the better your chances of securing a job.

5. Get A Masters Degree:

Some people may not be financially buoyant to get a degree but that's life for you. But, i would urge any of you who has the financial vigor, to go for a higher degree as this increases your chances in securing a job. If many people without masters degree applies for a certain job position and you have a masters, that gives you an edge, over them.

6. Do you have a talent:

The truth is, many people are not even destined to land that dream job. This is simply because many have talents that will pay much more than the dream job.
So are you good in acting, singing, comedy, walking on needles, floating in air...lol. Anyway, whatever talent is it, work on it because it might be your breakthrough story.

7. Go for counseling:

You might not just know what you want or what you need to do. This is a case whereby you need a senior figure to put you on the right track so that one wont derail. Seek for guidance, have a heart to heart talk so you will be able to discover that hidden ability you have. Most importantly, so you will able to know the things you really want in life.

8. Add yours....

I hope we all land that dream job soon... cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Things You Should Do While Waiting For That Dream Job by LOUIS6(m): 11:05pm On Jul 04, 2015
Aare2050:
ok
*in mama peace voice*
continue, god we see us, all this point you are sharing, they will answer. what of 419 or yahoo did u mention any? therez god o,

grin grin
Re: 7 Things You Should Do While Waiting For That Dream Job by sule5727: 11:21pm On Jul 04, 2015
INTROVERT:
No 5 is key
what if u dnt ve d cash!!!
Re: 7 Things You Should Do While Waiting For That Dream Job by letsbet(m): 11:39pm On Jul 04, 2015
OgidiOlu3:
Learn a new language
learning a new language is a very good skill. it boost ur cv too.
Re: 7 Things You Should Do While Waiting For That Dream Job by kefmawin: 12:38am On Jul 05, 2015
Good one.

This is also a good place to consider

www.abujaconnect.com.ng

Re: 7 Things You Should Do While Waiting For That Dream Job by Nobody: 1:04am On Jul 05, 2015
misssclassy:
Become an entrepreneur. Start up your own business. Be creative. Look for something that will fetch you money while you wait for that dream job.

It's not imperative that you become employed before you start making money.
I must admit, I admire you. Your posts are always on point and packed with loads of sense. Though you are still Misscontroversial to me! keep the intelligent posts coming.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Massive Recruitment At Workforce Management Centre– (56 Positions) / Yoruba, Hausa Teachers Needed In The US / I Finally Got A Job Through A Nairalander After Months Of Job Hunting.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.