Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,536 members, 7,837,053 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:14 PM

I Support Dialogue With Boko Haram - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Support Dialogue With Boko Haram (472 Views)

I Support Wike And PDP In New York - Man (Photo) / Niger Delta Crisis: Count Me Out Of Any Dialogue With Govt – Dokubo Asari / Niger Delta Avengers Refuse Dialogue With FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Support Dialogue With Boko Haram by frankijege(m): 5:14pm On Jul 04, 2015
Some of you know that I have always canvassed for dialogue or anything in addition to, or apart from military approach to the Boko Haram menace. When ever issues of dialogue come up, some people lose their cool and allow their emotions take the better part of them.
Although we don't like to accept this fact, a sole military approach has repeatedly failed to quell the insurgents. Therefore, we should adopt the carrot approach. Now, some people may disagree with me, no doubt. But it is easy to disagree, especially when you are not in anyway affected, whether directly or indirectly. Scores of people are killed everyday and you think the best solution is to send in more soldiers? Aren't we tired of spilling the blood of our soldiers without meaningful result?
It is a good thing government has given a thought to the idea of negotiation, even though it had criticised this in the past. However, in negotiating, government must earn the trust of these terrorist, and must be sincere. The terrorist on their part must do same.
While I welcome the idea of negotiation, government should not fool itself into believing that it is the only means of ending insurgency. We must cut the source of their funds and recruitment. It may do us well to know who their sponsors are, while negotiating. To check mate recruitment, government must dissuade will youths. This it can do by engaging them positively.
Re: I Support Dialogue With Boko Haram by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jul 04, 2015
Re: I Support Dialogue With Boko Haram by bi0nics: 5:33pm On Jul 04, 2015
Dharniel:
tongue it wont make fr0nt page
Re: I Support Dialogue With Boko Haram by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jul 04, 2015
bi0nics:
tongue it wont make fr0nt page
i never said it will...
Re: I Support Dialogue With Boko Haram by bi0nics: 5:36pm On Jul 04, 2015
Dharniel:

i never said it will...

WHY did y0u book space
Re: I Support Dialogue With Boko Haram by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jul 04, 2015
bi0nics:

WHY did y0u book space
just incase it did...
Re: I Support Dialogue With Boko Haram by Cjrane2: 5:47pm On Jul 04, 2015
[size=14pt]I support financial compensation to be paid to Boko Haram for their good job killing Nigerians in the NE zone.
Call it amnesty if you like, thats your problem.[/size]
Re: I Support Dialogue With Boko Haram by BLOTRS: 5:54pm On Jul 04, 2015
@OP by supporting dialogue with BokoHaram, you are only boosting the morale of new dangerous groups in the north that are still emerging...i heard there's a group that shares wife and prays with women in the mosque. there are also groups that splitted from boko haram e.g ansaru...in fact this OP is dumb
Re: I Support Dialogue With Boko Haram by frankijege(m): 6:01pm On Jul 04, 2015
No. Imagine how many years we have been using the Military option and just what results have we recorded? I am saying we should negotiate with them in other to bring an end to these killings. While doing so, we should dissuade others from either joining or forming their own
Re: I Support Dialogue With Boko Haram by pryme(m): 6:06pm On Jul 04, 2015
yes, but they must pay for their sins

(1) (Reply)

Open letter to Governor Ayo Fayose from miss... / Gov. Ayo Fayose Is A Blatant Liar – Ex-governor Fayemi / Catholics And Anglicans Fighting Over Landed Properties

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.