Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,339 members, 7,819,195 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:32 PM

Help, My Dogs Are Dying!!! 4 Dogs In 2 Days - Pets (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Help, My Dogs Are Dying!!! 4 Dogs In 2 Days (24388 Views)

I Love My Dogs! / Dogs In Nairobi Banned From Having Sex In Public. / Popular Dogs In Nigeria And Their Breed Info (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help, My Dogs Are Dying!!! 4 Dogs In 2 Days by aguizm(m): 9:57pm On Jul 05, 2015
phebean008:

It's alright then, since u did it in a vet clinic....she's covered.
Thanks dear. So the booster is just one dosage right?
Re: Help, My Dogs Are Dying!!! 4 Dogs In 2 Days by Prodeegee(m): 11:20pm On Jul 05, 2015
phebean008:

Y use tetra, cipro and doxycycline together U'll just cause more damage than help the dog. Flagyl intravenous injection is OK, u can also give gentamicin intravenous also for quick action...then give darrows solution with dextrose! Ors too will help

Like seriously?

How sweet of you to ask someone who doesn't know about injectibles to inject?
You think I don't know about dextrose saline and metronidazole injection?
Re: Help, My Dogs Are Dying!!! 4 Dogs In 2 Days by younglawya(m): 8:17am On Jul 06, 2015
Prodeegee:

Like seriously?

I agree with prodegee. Oral administration is safer for someone who doesn't know how to inject. He might have issues with the dosages or creating abscess . However, I think that the someone with so many dogs should know how to inject.

The owner of the kennel can learn. A quick research on youtube will teach him .in this circumstances Injection is better because there is no chance that the drugs will be thrown up so if he can do it it will be better
Re: Help, My Dogs Are Dying!!! 4 Dogs In 2 Days by phebean008(f): 8:26am On Jul 06, 2015
aguizm:
Thanks dear. So the booster is just one dosage right?
U're welcome...yeah, one dose
Re: Help, My Dogs Are Dying!!! 4 Dogs In 2 Days by phebean008(f): 8:28am On Jul 06, 2015
knyte:

Hello there u sound like a vet, are you? smiley
About to be...would be a vet before the end of this year, by God's grace....lol
Re: Help, My Dogs Are Dying!!! 4 Dogs In 2 Days by phebean008(f): 8:31am On Jul 06, 2015
Prodeegee:

Like seriously?

I know u know about all these....u sound like a vet to me, or like someone who is very conversant with dogs n their issues....but we should also know that the git of these pets are compromised, should be rested for at least two days even before force feeding....i expect the dog owner to have someone who can inject. infact. for a person with such kernel, he should have a vet nearby
Re: Help, My Dogs Are Dying!!! 4 Dogs In 2 Days by knyte(m): 9:30am On Jul 06, 2015
phebean008:

Your presence and active duty in this section would b grately appreciated.
Re: Help, My Dogs Are Dying!!! 4 Dogs In 2 Days by Coldplay007(f): 10:17pm On Jul 06, 2015
phebean008:

Babe! We need you in this section! A real expert will do us all some good..

@OP! 1st step is to separate the sick dogs from the healthy ones.. wash the shelter you will be keeping the healthy dogs with bleach solution..

Slow down on the Antibiotics! Parvovirus is a 'virus' so all the doxy and cipro will not help.. You can use Metronidazole (injection will be better) but if you can't administer injections get someone who can or forcefeed as a last resort...

Metronidazole/flagyl's side effect is vomiting so you need to be ready with force feeding ORS..

ParvoVirus though virulent is self limiting which means it will resolve by itself in a few days if the dog is not dead, All you need to do is to manage the symptoms by feeding with ORS and hope the dog's immune system is strong enough to fight the virus...
Re: Help, My Dogs Are Dying!!! 4 Dogs In 2 Days by egorov(m): 7:16am On Jul 07, 2015
owner:
Thanks Magpies and Knyte..

Please Kindly help Communicate the Vet number to 08077633177... Am in Osogbo and the Kennel is here also.
sorry abt ur loSs bro. Its def parvo, but what u can do before u get a good vet is to
1. Evacuate
2. Fumigate
3. Get 'diastop' and 'tetracyclin' start giving the dogs
4. Mix salt and sugar in water and give them to drink.
These will help them till u get a good vet to treat them properly. Sorry bro.

2 Likes

Re: Help, My Dogs Are Dying!!! 4 Dogs In 2 Days by cassytoons: 10:15am On Jul 07, 2015
owner:
Good day Bosses...

Please I need your Urgent help and Advice.

I was at my Kennel 3 Days ago and my 4 Month Old Rottweiler could not eat anything instead she was Vomitting and Passing out Blood from her Anus, before the Arrival of the Vet, The Dog has given up.

Just Yesterday, The Vet came around and he Vaccinated all the Dogs but we lost another Boarboel puppy with the same Problem the First Rot had.

Just this Morning again, I lost another Puppy Boarboel and a 5 Month old Rot Vomitting and Blood from the Anus again.

Please am Afraid and Discouraged, I don't know whats happening..

Someone said it might just be Parvo, Please who has experience this Issue before, Kindly put me through on what to do so this Issue won't happen again, The Vet can't help.

Pls help!!!!

Sorry O, I feel you. I lost 2 dogs (3 yr old Rott and 5 yr old GSD) in the space of one month, The fault was partly caused by me, I stopped given the booster shots cos i thot the Dogs were old enough.

Then I got another Boerbull and I lost it also . unfortunately the soil in the compound was already infected with the virus,
Then I researched and I saw "Parvaid" its an american product but a lot of pple swear by it. I bought the parvaid and got another boerbull, and truly it was infected but survived it after taken the Parvaid. The dog lived to be 8 months ....

I am preparing myself emotionally to have another Dog

But you can give Parvaid a try.
Re: Help, My Dogs Are Dying!!! 4 Dogs In 2 Days by Apitch(m): 11:24am On Jul 07, 2015
Mehn! Too many advice on drugs and I wonder, which will the Op opt for.
When u guys say iv this injection that, it's not easy as it sounds o! Imagine giving a caucasian dog iv, u gats scrape a part that u are almost certain that u'll find a vein if not, u go scrape tire.
Parvo is not treated but managed so bro treat with care and ur aim is to keep the dog strong to undergo the life cycle of the virus and also avoid secondary ailment.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Dogs Are Dying!!! 4 Dogs In 2 Days by RichFoundation(m): 12:51pm On Jul 07, 2015
Ok
Re: Help, My Dogs Are Dying!!! 4 Dogs In 2 Days by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jul 07, 2015
owner:
Good day Bosses...

I was at my Kennel 3 Days ago and my 4 Month Old Rottweiler could not eat anything instead she was Vomitting and Passing out Blood from her Anus, before the Arrival of the Vet, The Dog has given up.

Just Yesterday, The Vet came around and he Vaccinated all the Dogs but we lost another Boarboel puppy with the same Problem the First Rot had.

Just this Morning again, I lost another Puppy Boarboel and a 5 Month old Rot Vomitting and Blood from the Anus again.

Someone said it might just be Parvo, Please who has experience this Issue before, Kindly put me through on what to do so this Issue won't happen again, The Vet can't help.

Pls help!!!!
Ebola!!!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help, My Dogs Are Dying!!! 4 Dogs In 2 Days by johnstar(m): 12:54pm On Jul 07, 2015
Even dogs self dey die anyow??

Choi
Re: Help, My Dogs Are Dying!!! 4 Dogs In 2 Days by iphanyiuma(m): 12:54pm On Jul 07, 2015
your dog don get EBOLA
Re: Help, My Dogs Are Dying!!! 4 Dogs In 2 Days by Chubhie: 12:55pm On Jul 07, 2015
It is a spiritual attack from the pit of hell- Nnamdi kanu
Re: Help, My Dogs Are Dying!!! 4 Dogs In 2 Days by Mobskat(m): 12:55pm On Jul 07, 2015
Re: Help, My Dogs Are Dying!!! 4 Dogs In 2 Days by stepo707: 12:57pm On Jul 07, 2015
have you tried agbo jedijedi? undecided
Re: Help, My Dogs Are Dying!!! 4 Dogs In 2 Days by dangerous01(m): 1:04pm On Jul 07, 2015
Accept my sincere condolence bro . May ur dogs rip

1 Like

Re: Help, My Dogs Are Dying!!! 4 Dogs In 2 Days by greggng: 1:05pm On Jul 07, 2015
I hope ebola hasn't visited them?
Re: Help, My Dogs Are Dying!!! 4 Dogs In 2 Days by gibsonpally: 1:06pm On Jul 07, 2015
Get a qualified and well established vet
Re: Help, My Dogs Are Dying!!! 4 Dogs In 2 Days by onatisi(m): 1:07pm On Jul 07, 2015
Where are the pictures grin
Re: Help, My Dogs Are Dying!!! 4 Dogs In 2 Days by onatisi(m): 1:10pm On Jul 07, 2015
stepo707:
have you tried agbo jedijedi? undecided
he should give them ,agunmu iba and opa eyin .
Re: Help, My Dogs Are Dying!!! 4 Dogs In 2 Days by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jul 07, 2015
Do you know anyone who is into 404 business, they can help you evacuate the dead one, very good business for them.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Dogs Are Dying!!! 4 Dogs In 2 Days by alomeda600(m): 1:12pm On Jul 07, 2015
phebean008:

Y use tetra, cipro and doxycycline together U'll just cause more damage than help the dog. Flagyl intravenous injection is OK, u can also give gentamicin intravenous also for quick action...then give darrows solution with dextrose! Ors too will help
self medication thats the reason y the guy might lose more dog..simply introduce him to a vet
Re: Help, My Dogs Are Dying!!! 4 Dogs In 2 Days by onatisi(m): 1:14pm On Jul 07, 2015
Op,ur dogs lack vitamins A,B,C and D. Give them multivitamins tablets 3 times a day ,feed them well with plenty water mixed with alomo . Then sleep in their cage at night to pray that they don't die .

1 Like

Re: Help, My Dogs Are Dying!!! 4 Dogs In 2 Days by whitebrown(f): 1:16pm On Jul 07, 2015
I very much doubt this is parvo. Though the symptoms look the same but parvo can't come without you picking up the signs of a problem with your dogs like lack of appetite, withdrawal, lethargy, dullness etc. secondly these dogs are different breeds and their resistance to ailments would be different. The space between the deaths is too close. If you vaccinated them a few days earlier and these happened immediately, then there is something seriously wrong with those vaccines. Again have you given thought that it might be food related? Are they on thesame food? Did you open a new bag of food just a few days before this incident? If so, what food is it? If you can give these information, it might help. Lastly for those who believe vaccination is a definite guarantee against parvo, please it is not ! You need to understand how the vaccines works. You can vaccinate a while litter of pups and some would still come down with parvo. Lastly op, if you intend breeding on a large Scale as someone earlier indicated, you must be very careful. Careful of who comes into your kennel, of people touching your dogs, of the source of the dogs that you bring into your kennel and put some basic things in place. Breeding is good, but you must know your story!

2 Likes

Re: Help, My Dogs Are Dying!!! 4 Dogs In 2 Days by mejai(m): 1:16pm On Jul 07, 2015
OP, from Mipnig(d guy DAT said EBOLA) down to d rest, u will not get a useful advice. d vultures of NL have landed. see der suggestions. lol.
OP, be strong.
Re: Help, My Dogs Are Dying!!! 4 Dogs In 2 Days by stagger: 1:17pm On Jul 07, 2015
owner:
Good day Bosses...

Pls help!!!!

I am not a vet but from what I hear experts say about fatalities in dogs under 7 months, it can only be parvovirus. Don't quote me please.
Re: Help, My Dogs Are Dying!!! 4 Dogs In 2 Days by ebuskalabe(m): 1:20pm On Jul 07, 2015
hmmmm someone had just poisoned ur dogs.
Re: Help, My Dogs Are Dying!!! 4 Dogs In 2 Days by Litmus: 1:25pm On Jul 07, 2015
Dont feed them raw eggs, condensed milk or anything with sugar. The symptoms you describe are similar to the symptoms i faced as a teenager with some native dogs that i was trying to Europeanise while i was in Nigeria. Also look out for some plants that dogs are fund of eating to facilitate digestions or kill intestinal parasites but that are poisonous to them.
Re: Help, My Dogs Are Dying!!! 4 Dogs In 2 Days by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jul 07, 2015
Sorry bro, can imagine how painful it can be, lost my puppy slant back gsd in December to parvo,
Spent almost 50k trying to rescue the rest

My advice, dnt try self medication, the gsd was the first dog I administered dhlpp myself,
Since then I vowed not to try again, cos sometimes u buy fake and expired vaccines without knowing...

But 4 dogs, wow, Tats extremely painful...
Pls try n take the rest to a good vet as soon as possible

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Raw Feeding Ideas For Nigerian Dog Owners / If All Animals were Tamed, Which Animal Will You Take As A Pet? / Introducing My Girl Ariel Of Pearl Kennel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.