Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,910 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

DSS Director Demotes Marilyn Ogar, Others Promoted By Past Administration! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DSS Director Demotes Marilyn Ogar, Others Promoted By Past Administration! (1064 Views)

Adebayo Obasanjo And 11 Others Promoted In Jos / Marilyn Ogar, Others Sent On 'Compulsory Retirement' / A Copy Of The SSS Memo That Suspended Marilyn Ogar, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

DSS Director Demotes Marilyn Ogar, Others Promoted By Past Administration! by evesdon4u: 11:54pm On Jul 04, 2015
Newly appointed director general of the Department of State Security, Lawal Musa Daura, has demoted Marilyn Ogar, the agency’s former spokesperson, via a memo.

Apart from demoting Ms. Ogar, the acting DSS director general also directed the demotion of numerous other officers of the agency who were just promoted in March in what was seen as a politically motivated exercise.
Ms. Ogar was seen as a controversial official of the DSS who often made statements that were deemed partisan. Her promotion was viewed as a reward for doing dirty political jobs for former President Goodluck Jonathan and members of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
Promotions of officers in the DSS are usually done at the end of each year, but Ms. Ogar and 44 others were promoted last March. Even so, their promotion was not made public until May.
SaharaReporters learned that Ms. Ogar is currently on vacation, and is reportedly visiting her children resident in the US. In addition to her premature promotion, Ms. Ogar was was also offered a generous scholarship to do a PhD in the UK, according to one source at the agency.
Mr. Daura also fired Abdulrahman Mani, the chief security officer to President Muhammadu Buhari and immediately replaced him with Bashir Abubakar, an assistant director in the Bayelsa State command of the DSS.
Mr. Mani was then posted to Ebonyi State.

Source: http://saharareporters.com/2015/07/04/dss-director-demotes-marilyn-ogar-others-promoted-past-administration

1 Like

Re: DSS Director Demotes Marilyn Ogar, Others Promoted By Past Administration! by Nobody: 11:57pm On Jul 04, 2015
like president like appointee...
Re: DSS Director Demotes Marilyn Ogar, Others Promoted By Past Administration! by abiolert(m): 11:57pm On Jul 04, 2015
long overdue

2 Likes

Re: DSS Director Demotes Marilyn Ogar, Others Promoted By Past Administration! by INTROVERT(f): 11:58pm On Jul 04, 2015
Re: DSS Director Demotes Marilyn Ogar, Others Promoted By Past Administration! by wachakuta(m): 11:58pm On Jul 04, 2015
Hehehehe
Re: DSS Director Demotes Marilyn Ogar, Others Promoted By Past Administration! by sammyj: 12:00am On Jul 05, 2015
long over due. Orga the PDP spoke woman !! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: DSS Director Demotes Marilyn Ogar, Others Promoted By Past Administration! by surawilly(m): 12:03am On Jul 05, 2015
I don't like her b4 sha...

1 Like

Re: DSS Director Demotes Marilyn Ogar, Others Promoted By Past Administration! by Boss13: 12:03am On Jul 05, 2015
You don't fire someone and redeploy the person to another location still within the same organization. What kind of terminology is this? Mani was redeployed from Aso rock to Ebonyi state. If he was fired, he would be in the streets

1 Like

Re: DSS Director Demotes Marilyn Ogar, Others Promoted By Past Administration! by Nobody: 12:06am On Jul 05, 2015
INTROVERT:

angry

i know you're definitely on your bed, buh why are those eyes still open, and those fingerz still typing?
Re: DSS Director Demotes Marilyn Ogar, Others Promoted By Past Administration! by lionduke(m): 12:07am On Jul 05, 2015
Dull@dinho.....
Re: DSS Director Demotes Marilyn Ogar, Others Promoted By Past Administration! by jantofubu(m): 12:07am On Jul 05, 2015
INTROVERT:
angry
introvert arva nw grin
Re: DSS Director Demotes Marilyn Ogar, Others Promoted By Past Administration! by INTROVERT(f): 12:10am On Jul 05, 2015
Dharniel:

i know you're definitely on your bed, buh why are those eyes still open, and those fingerz still typing?

England v Germany, Argentina v Chile
Re: DSS Director Demotes Marilyn Ogar, Others Promoted By Past Administration! by merry02(m): 12:12am On Jul 05, 2015
I ll advice her to resign or else she may sack
soon.

1 Like

Re: DSS Director Demotes Marilyn Ogar, Others Promoted By Past Administration! by Nobody: 12:12am On Jul 05, 2015
INTROVERT:

meaning
Re: DSS Director Demotes Marilyn Ogar, Others Promoted By Past Administration! by dayo23(f): 12:15am On Jul 05, 2015
This is a good step in the right direction. Ogar she is a disgrace to womanhood

1 Like

Re: DSS Director Demotes Marilyn Ogar, Others Promoted By Past Administration! by Ndkings1(m): 12:17am On Jul 05, 2015
All hausa people... Fire and replace with a notherner...no p
Re: DSS Director Demotes Marilyn Ogar, Others Promoted By Past Administration! by Nobody: 12:18am On Jul 05, 2015
INTROVERT:

you just get wierder by the day, you mean you watch soccer
Re: DSS Director Demotes Marilyn Ogar, Others Promoted By Past Administration! by uchedydy: 12:19am On Jul 05, 2015
Let me buy this land...am too sleppy to comment. Till tomorrow... But before I sleep, let me say that this marylyn ogar she he sent home..billy!!

1 Like

Re: DSS Director Demotes Marilyn Ogar, Others Promoted By Past Administration! by omenalfa: 12:21am On Jul 05, 2015
Which burka wearer replaced her?
Re: DSS Director Demotes Marilyn Ogar, Others Promoted By Past Administration! by Demdem(m): 12:32am On Jul 05, 2015
That witch should be recalled from her study leave and posted to maiduguri asap.
Re: DSS Director Demotes Marilyn Ogar, Others Promoted By Past Administration! by stinggy(m): 12:34am On Jul 05, 2015
Good move!
We read about how Marilyn's promotion didn't follow due process.

That lady made me loose the respect I had for DSS, her outrances alone portray her bias.
Re: DSS Director Demotes Marilyn Ogar, Others Promoted By Past Administration! by hardywaltz(m): 1:17am On Jul 05, 2015
Marilyn how market?

This is why it pays to be a professional, you do your work without fear or favour and when politicians pressurize you to do the wrong thing inform them that you are bound by the PSR (Public Service Rules) to be apolitical.

Mbu J. Mbu next...
Re: DSS Director Demotes Marilyn Ogar, Others Promoted By Past Administration! by jammani(m): 5:32am On Jul 05, 2015
Ishe backfire
Re: DSS Director Demotes Marilyn Ogar, Others Promoted By Past Administration! by sunshine1974(m): 5:37am On Jul 05, 2015
Now I see why bokoharam thrives. Mtch
Re: DSS Director Demotes Marilyn Ogar, Others Promoted By Past Administration! by Nobody: 5:57am On Jul 05, 2015
As expected. Good

(1) (Reply)

FG Moves Boko Haram Prisoners Out Of South east / What Does The Iran Nuclear Deal Mean For Nigeria? Harder Times Are Ahead! / Photo: Keke Tows Truck

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.