Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,747 members, 7,820,584 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? (76367 Views)

US First Daughter Sasha Obama Serves Seafood In Summer Job / Mum Brought Tin Tomatoes From England / When You Annoy Your Mum On Christmas Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jul 05, 2015
i would tell her i have already eaten...
Re: If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? by sukkot: 3:02pm On Jul 05, 2015
bushdoc9919:

And the Chinese will be putting a man on the moon in the next ten years.

Japan.....world leader in Science and technology.....inventors of many things...including the world's first submarine-cum-aircraft carrier.

Meanwhile in Nigeria....we continue playing silly tribalist games, blow up people,loot and loot....and at the end of the day blame the whites.
who gives a fork if those savages put a man on the moon ? whats on the moon that they are going to get ? and besides, no one can go past the van allen radiation belt to get to the moon. all that voyage to the moon is all a hoax planned in hollywood studios. no one has been or will ever get to the moon. you will be fried before you get close to it. you and your aircraft will be liquified. so all that propaganda nonsense is to keep the plebeians mesmerized. i aint a plebeian so i aint impressed
Re: If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? by jamikaforce: 3:04pm On Jul 05, 2015
Sile12:
12. Balut, Philippines.

A developing duck embryo that’s boiled alive in its shell. As well as sounding incredibly harsh, it looks incredibly unappetising. Still, it’s a common street food and is usually served with beers. Can’t say I have the stomach for it.

Yeah I know Balut, was waiting when you would get to it.
Re: If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jul 05, 2015
Leviticus 11:9-12 King James Version (KJV)

These shall ye eat of all that are in the
waters: whatsoever hath fins and scales in the
waters, in the seas, and in the rivers, them
shall ye eat.

And all that have not fins and scales in the
seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the
waters, and of any living thing which is in the
waters, they shall be an abomination unto you:
They shall be even an abomination unto
you; ye shall not eat of their flesh, but ye shall
have their carcases in abomination.

Whatsoever hath no fins nor scales in the
waters, that shall be an abomination unto you.
Re: If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jul 05, 2015
RaeMystix:

I remember some years back....My father took me and his friend to a Chinese restaurant. I was so excited to try out some Chinese delicacy, as a result of been my first time at a Chinese resturant.

Then; Some waitress brought out a plate of soup and some meat inside of it....Calling it our first course....I remember looking at the plate with joy, and couldn't wait to dig in.

Then, i realized i had to re-adjust my glasses, just to make sure i actually wasn't hallucinating.....There it was....A frog with its let's wide open...stirring at me....My eyes were glued to the plate for a few secs
, then I finally recovered back to my senses, and kindly told her to take the plate back.

The waitress kept coming back to ask me if I wanted anything out of the menu, and even went as far as trying to tell give me other options with chicken in it....All I kept saying was "No thank you"......I ended up eating nothing at that restaurant. ....I even pushed away my drink. To really to duscribe the extent of disgust I had while sitting in that restaurant.

Lol.
Re: If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jul 05, 2015
Sile12:
20. Snake Wine.

As the name suggests snake wine is an alcoholic beverage made with snake and rice wine (or grain alcohol). Many of thesnakes are venomous, but the ethanol makes it safe to drink. There are two types of snake wine – you either immerse a snake in rice wine and leave it for many months, or you drain the fluids of a snake directly into the alcohol and take it as a shot. Snake wine is a traditional part of many regional cuisines in China, and is believed to be particularly good for the health.

Source: http://www.kic.org.uk/pathways/blog/top-10-unusual-foods-eaten-around-the-world/
God forbid!
*walks out of thread*
Re: If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? by adesbreath: 3:05pm On Jul 05, 2015
Sile12:
19. Rats.

There was once a time when people only ate rats in extreme cases of hunger, but now in many parts of the world, Vietnam, Malawi, Kenya to name a few, it is perfectly acceptable to consume fried, salted or dried rats.

I am terrified by the mere sight of rats....God forbid. I cant even imagine if I mistakenly ate one.
Re: If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? by sukkot: 3:06pm On Jul 05, 2015
AkunneObinna:
Wow delicious. I will gladly eat any of that except 1, 7, 12 and 19. Rat!!! Disgusting!!Wow delicious. I will gladly eat any of that except 1, 7, 12 and 19. Rat!!! Disgusting!!
i aint eating nothing on that menu. in fact if it wasnt for the fact that eba looks weak and boring without fish in it, i would have turned vegetarian sef lol. i eat only fish and cow. nothing else.
Re: If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jul 05, 2015
lomprico:
Bon apetti!

shocked
Re: If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? by CHUKSKALIDONN: 3:10pm On Jul 05, 2015
Sile12:
20. Snake Wine.

As the name suggests snake wine is an alcoholic beverage made with snake and rice wine (or grain alcohol). Many of thesnakes are venomous, but the ethanol makes it safe to drink. There are two types of snake wine – you either immerse a snake in rice wine and leave it for many months, or you drain the fluids of a snake directly into the alcohol and take it as a shot. Snake wine is a traditional part of many regional cuisines in China, and is believed to be particularly good for the health.

Source: http://www.kic.org.uk/pathways/blog/top-10-unusual-foods-eaten-around-the-world/
Snake wine acording to traditional Chinese medicine is of important curative and can reinvigorate a person.
It is believed to cure farsightedness, hair loss and sexual perfomance.it is normally drank on short glasses due to its high alcoholic content.
Snake wine can be found in Vietnam, Southern Asia, and Southern China
Re: If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jul 05, 2015
Leviticus 11:1-7 King James Version (KJV)
And the LORD spake unto Moses and to
Aaron, saying unto them,
Speak unto the children of Israel, saying,
These are the beasts which ye shall eat among
all the beasts that are on the earth.
Whatsoever parteth the hoof, and is
clovenfooted, and cheweth the cud, among
the beasts, that shall ye eat.

Nevertheless these shall ye not eat of them
that chew the cud, or of them that divide the
hoof: as the camel, because he cheweth the
cud, but divideth not the hoof; he is unclean
unto you.

And the coney, because he cheweth the cud,
but divideth not the hoof; he is unclean unto
you.

And the hare, because he cheweth the cud,
you.

And the swine, though he divide the hoof,
and be clovenfooted, yet he cheweth not the
cud; he is unclean to you.
Re: If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jul 05, 2015
No thanks ma'am. Ayam...ayam a fruitarian sad
Re: If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? by MrPresident1: 3:13pm On Jul 05, 2015
sukkot:
i aint eating nothing on that menu. in fact if it wasnt for the fact that eba looks weak and boring without fish in it, i would have turned vegetarian sef lol. i eat only fish and cow. nothing else.

Wa shere paddi mi to sure. Awon oni'jekuje'ranu l'awon pipu yi sa.

Strictly fish and beef, goat is also fine. I no like chicken or poultry sef.
Re: If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? by ilerry007(m): 3:13pm On Jul 05, 2015
MrALIVE:
Groundnut soaked with garri and milk! The commonest food in Nigeria#i rep 9ja
wit ice cold wateR
Re: If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jul 05, 2015
Why would anyone kill and eat a dog? cry
Re: If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? by lomprico(m): 3:15pm On Jul 05, 2015
starlingslimnet:
Leviticus 11:9-12 King James Version (KJV)

These shall ye eat of all that are in the
waters: whatsoever hath fins and scales in the
waters, in the seas, and in the rivers, them
shall ye eat.

And all that have not fins and scales in the
seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the
waters, and of any living thing which is in the
waters, they shall be an abomination unto you:
They shall be even an abomination unto
you; ye shall not eat of their flesh, but ye shall
have their carcases in abomination.

Whatsoever hath no fins nor scales in the
waters, that shall be an abomination unto you.
Ur point??
Re: If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? by damilareoye: 3:16pm On Jul 05, 2015
ah ah... are these things food? chai
Re: If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? by telad(m): 3:16pm On Jul 05, 2015
D dog meat is so on point, mk them come grind efinrin(the leaf they use for pepper soup), add enough pepper. Oh boy!!! no let ondo man see d pot oh. lolsss

Back in d late 90s, 80% of Ibos in ondo state sell pork or dog meat n ogogoro (dry gin), they do have this Peugeot 504 with either dog or pig diagram crested on its side. When dogs see those cars, them dey tear race.
the crocodile, snake, guinea pig, grasshopper, n starfish might also be delicious, others na easy ayanma, iranu.
Re: If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? by sukkot: 3:19pm On Jul 05, 2015
MrPresident1:

Wa shere paddi mi to sure. Awon oni'jekuje'ranu l'awon pipu yi sa.

Strictly fish and beef, goat is also fine. I no like chicken or poultry sef.
right ? lol. some humans are just savages man. its disgusting seeing humans with no standards. like there is a thin line between being a human and being an animal and some of these people cross that line all the time. like are we supposed to call you human now ? what differentiates you from an animal ? people eating rats and dogs and snakes and crocodiles etc etc. animals on two legs , i tell you. like are we supposed to call you a human being after you have eaten this rat soup ?
Re: If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? by mickyeddi(m): 3:19pm On Jul 05, 2015
Number 8 is really gross.
Re: If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jul 05, 2015
sukkot:
Hahahaha, vegetarian eating only fish and meat, bro abeg which other one dey market? You be pirated vegetarian?

1 Like

Re: If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? by martineverest(m): 3:22pm On Jul 05, 2015
cant stop laffin
Re: If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? by bayocanny: 3:23pm On Jul 05, 2015
Honestly, we folks on here let advocate for HISTORY section on nairaland and Sile12 should be the moderator
His topic use to be on point and appealing

Sile12 you are bless
Re: If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? by slimgeez: 3:24pm On Jul 05, 2015
Big maggots

1 Like

Re: If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? by MrPresident1: 3:24pm On Jul 05, 2015
sukkot:
right ? lol. some humans are just savages man. its disgusting seeing humans with no standards. like there is a thin line between being a human and being an animal and some of these people cross that line all the time. like are we supposed to call you human now ? what differentiates you from an animal ? people eating rats and dogs and snakes and crocodiles etc etc. animals on two legs , i tell you. like are we supposed to call you a human being after you have eaten this rat soup ?

I just wonder how people eat these things when there is no famine; dog, rat, pig ewww...

Some people surely are without qualms, they sure can eat anything.
Re: If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? by 12month: 3:24pm On Jul 05, 2015
Op, u just spoiled the sunday rice and stew I dey eat, I just say make I check how NL they go, then this , pukes angry angry
Re: If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? by lomprico(m): 3:26pm On Jul 05, 2015
starlingslimnet:
Leviticus 11:1-7 King James Version (KJV)
And the LORD spake unto Moses and to
Aaron, saying unto them,
Speak unto the children of Israel, saying,
These are the beasts which ye shall eat among
all the beasts that are on the earth.
Whatsoever parteth the hoof, and is
clovenfooted, and cheweth the cud, among
the beasts, that shall ye eat.

Nevertheless these shall ye not eat of them
that chew the cud, or of them that divide the
hoof: as the camel, because he cheweth the
cud, but divideth not the hoof; he is unclean
unto you.

And the coney, because he cheweth the cud,
you.

And the hare, because he cheweth the cud,
you.

And the swine, though he divide the hoof,
and be clovenfooted, yet he cheweth not the
cud; he is unclean to you.
Read acts 10:11-13
Re: If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jul 05, 2015
Sile12:

Lol. What if the mum now tell you that as long as you are willing to be part of the family, you must accept their ways of life and eat everything they eat?
the mum should go to hell..is she trying to commit murder?...i'd rather drink garri till i die.
Re: If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? by sukkot: 3:27pm On Jul 05, 2015
MrPresident1:

I just wonder how people eat these things when there is no famine; dog, rat, pig ewww...

Some people surely are without qualms, they sure can eat anything.
even if their is famine i will not eat that rubbish. i will eat grass first. some people, if i can call them people, are just walking animals grin
Re: If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? by hahn(m): 3:28pm On Jul 05, 2015
RaeMystix:

I remember some years back....My father took me and his friend to a Chinese restaurant. I was so excited to try out some Chinese delicacy, as a result of been my first time at a Chinese resturant.

Then; Some waitress brought out a plate of soup and some meat inside of it....Calling it our first course....I remember looking at the plate with joy, and couldn't wait to dig in.

Then, i realized i had to re-adjust my glasses, just to make sure i actually wasn't hallucinating.....There it was....A frog with its let's wide open...stirring at me....My eyes were glued to the plate for a few secs
, then I finally recovered back to my senses, and kindly told her to take the plate back.

The waitress kept coming back to ask me if I wanted anything out of the menu, and even went as far as trying to tell give me other options with chicken in it....All I kept saying was "No thank you"......I ended up eating nothing at that restaurant. ....I even pushed away my drink. To really to duscribe the extent of disgust I had while sitting in that restaurant.

Ehya. You really missed out. Frog legs taste better than chicken. I love it

1 Like

Re: If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? by beyoncausme: 3:29pm On Jul 05, 2015
eating is not by force....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

See The Big Bush Meat I Killed Today / Looking For The Best Nylon Design And Print For Bread, Rice Flour, Chicken E.t.c / What’s This Animal Called?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.