Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,284 members, 7,957,729 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 06:31 PM

Is It Proper To Be In The Same Profession With Your Spouse?? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Proper To Be In The Same Profession With Your Spouse?? (1113 Views)

Is It Proper/Healthy For A Man To Suck His Wife's Bosom Milk? / Moment Of Truth: Have You Ever Spied On Your Spouse's Phone? - Bamisepeters / Is it proper for My Younger Brother to Bring Girls into My Room? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Proper To Be In The Same Profession With Your Spouse?? by omortoyosi01(m): 12:19pm On Jul 05, 2015
I as a doctor to be, if asked if I'd like getting married to either a doctor, nurse, pharmacist etc...my answer would be NO. Doing the same work with my wife is one thing I hate so much. When I was in the secondary school, I have so many of my teachers then that their wives/husbands are in the teaching profession together and are even teaching in d same school.. Gosh what of if the state government refuse paying salaries for months, won't they be stranded together??
We also have lawyers getting married to lawyers, doctors to doctors, bankers to bankers, journalist to journalist, police to police and so on... As sweet as this sounds, it's not so good and knowledgeable. Some tribes are even found trading together with their spouse especially our people from the east ( no offenses plz) they would be the shop owner while their wife will be the secretary or cashier ☺it sucks a lot to me.
Now the question goes to every Nairalander in here.. Can you get married to a woman/man doing the same work with you

3 Shares

Re: Is It Proper To Be In The Same Profession With Your Spouse?? by Beesluv: 12:21pm On Jul 05, 2015
Not bad. Only if the profession is a bad one, cos I wonder what the product of the union of these groups will be:

Robber+ Robber =

Prostitute + Play boy =
Re: Is It Proper To Be In The Same Profession With Your Spouse?? by Barry2015(f): 12:25pm On Jul 05, 2015
Interesting!!!

Re: Is It Proper To Be In The Same Profession With Your Spouse?? by Yustash001(m): 12:27pm On Jul 05, 2015
I like it.....I will like to marry someone that's in the same field of study with me....
Re: Is It Proper To Be In The Same Profession With Your Spouse?? by tpiander: 12:36pm On Jul 05, 2015
omortoyosi01:
I as a doctor to be, if asked if I'd like getting married to either a doctor, nurse, pharmacist etc...my answer would be NO. Doing the same work with my wife is one thing I hate so much. When I was in the secondary school, I have so many of my teachers then that their wives/husbands are in the teaching profession together and are even teaching in d same school.. Gosh what of if the state government refuse paying salaries for months, won't they be stranded together??
We also have lawyers getting married to lawyers, doctors to doctors, bankers to bankers, journalist to journalist, police to police and so on... As sweet as this sounds, it's not so good and knowledgeable. Some tribes are even found trading together with their spouse especially our people from the east ( no offenses plz) they would be the shop owner while their wife will be the secretary or cashier ☺it sucks a lot to me.
Now the question goes to every Nairalander in here.. Can you get married to a woman/man doing the same work with you

Can you give a good reason why you are disturbing nairaland with this question.

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper To Be In The Same Profession With Your Spouse?? by omortoyosi01(m): 12:43pm On Jul 05, 2015
tpiander:

Can you give a good reason why you are disturbing nairaland with this question.
Go to hell if you have nothing meaningful to contribute

Re: Is It Proper To Be In The Same Profession With Your Spouse?? by tpiander: 12:45pm On Jul 05, 2015
omortoyosi01:
I will go to hell since I have nothing meaningful to contribute

You need Jesus.
Re: Is It Proper To Be In The Same Profession With Your Spouse?? by omortoyosi01(m): 1:08pm On Jul 05, 2015
tpiander:

You need Jesus.
we all need him bro
Re: Is It Proper To Be In The Same Profession With Your Spouse?? by kinglekan: 1:27pm On Jul 05, 2015
omortoyosi01:
[b]
The only point you raised in your seemingly long post is your concerns on salary, i.e, should both partners be working for the government. Left to me I don't think that's much of a reason.

Even if you get married to someone who is of a different profession, it still doesn't mean your partner cannot lose his/her job or both of you might not have financial issues at the same time.

I really don't see anything wrong in getting married to someone who is of the same profession. Most of the time, peeps get to meet their partners where they spend at least 9-10hrs of the day as a result of constant interaction.

I don't think its planned or the larger percentage of those in this category decided to make that choice. Time and chance happened.

I was expecting you to raise certain concerns such as time demands for certain professions especially at the peak of their careers and how they would balance a healthy work/family lifestyle.

But then again marriage requires a lot of maturity and there are several people with very busy schedules that overcame these odds.
[/b]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Proper To Be In The Same Profession With Your Spouse?? by omortoyosi01(m): 2:21pm On Jul 05, 2015
kinglekan:

[b]
The only point you raised in your seemingly long post is your concerns on salary, i.e, should both partners be working for the government. Left to me I don't think that's much of a reason.

Even if you get married to someone who is of a different profession, it still doesn't mean your partner cannot lose his/her job or both of you might not have financial issues at the same time.
I really don't see anything wrong in getting married to someone who is of the same profession. Most of the time, peeps get to meet their partners where they spend at least 9-10hrs of the day as a result of constant interaction.

I don't think its planned or the larger percentage of those in this category decided to make that choice. Time and chance happened.

I was expecting you to raise certain concerns such as time demands for certain professions especially at the peak of their careers and how they would balance a healthy work/family lifestyle.

But then again marriage requires a lot of maturity and there are several people with very busy schedules that overcame these odds.
[/b]

bro you don't get me.
Imagine a Banker getting married to a fellow Banker, don't yu think the home and the kids will be affected by their busy lifestyle
Re: Is It Proper To Be In The Same Profession With Your Spouse?? by kinglekan: 2:24pm On Jul 05, 2015
omortoyosi01:
bro you don't get me.
Imagine a Banker getting married to a fellow Banker, don't yu think the home and the kids will be affected by their busy lifestyle

Did you even read my post? I already added that. Plus you never included this in your initial post.

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper To Be In The Same Profession With Your Spouse?? by Haywhymido(m): 6:08pm On Jul 05, 2015
i used to think it is nt. But,God knws wot is best for me.(wallahu ahlam) or do u expect me to turn blind eye to true love because she is my colleague

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper To Be In The Same Profession With Your Spouse?? by snakebeat: 8:21pm On Jul 05, 2015
Why u kon dey ask this kind question na? It is more than proper sef... grin
Re: Is It Proper To Be In The Same Profession With Your Spouse?? by cococandy(f): 8:34pm On Jul 05, 2015
Proper?
Re: Is It Proper To Be In The Same Profession With Your Spouse?? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jul 05, 2015
there's nothing wrong with it. if the person you're meant to marry happens to be in the same profession i don't see why that should be a problem. it's not like you're going to be working together but even if you are, no biggie. some couples even start businesses together and do well, like this couple who were on the steve harvey show a week ago. they started a glass company together and are successful. when it comes to professional schools, many people in med school, law school or other professional schools fall in love

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Who Should Marry First, The Son Or The Father? / Woman Beaten For Arranging House. See Pictures / 52 Years Old Mrs Adesanya Gives Birth To Twins After 18 Years Of Waiting(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.