Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,123 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

Who Should Marry First, The Son Or The Father? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who Should Marry First, The Son Or The Father? (1075 Views)

Father Asked His Son To Have A Haircut. Then The Son Did This (Photos) / Marry First, Love Later Or Love First, Marry Later? / 5 Interesting Reasons Why You Should Marry A Typical Nigerian Woman. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Should Marry First, The Son Or The Father? by onyfrank: 7:02pm On Mar 13, 2016
My Uncle of about 55 years lost his wife about 7years ago when his only child; a son was 20yrs.
Now the father want to marry another woman and the son who is now 27 also want to marry, as he is the only child, so that he should keep the lineage going.
There is problem now in the house since the son stil want financial support from the father, and the two cant marry at the same time because of financial strain. Ur advice to them
Re: Who Should Marry First, The Son Or The Father? by chocolateme(f): 7:04pm On Mar 13, 2016
Is the son mentally and maritally ready?
Re: Who Should Marry First, The Son Or The Father? by Greyworld: 7:14pm On Mar 13, 2016
I think the son should have gotten married before 25 not now.
Re: Who Should Marry First, The Son Or The Father? by onyfrank: 8:50pm On Mar 13, 2016
chocolateme:
Is the son mentally and maritally ready?
yes, he came this afternoon with the gal he want to marry and introduced her to his papa
Re: Who Should Marry First, The Son Or The Father? by lesbiangirl(f): 12:25pm On Mar 14, 2016
onyfrank:
My Uncle of about 55 years lost his wife about 7years ago when his only child; a son was 20yrs.
Now the father want to marry another woman and the son who is now 27 also want to marry, as he is the only child, so that he should keep the lineage going.
There is problem now in the house since the son stil want financial support from the father, and the two cant marry at the same time because of financial strain. Ur advice to them

Good financial planning if not the son should use his own money

2 Likes

Re: Who Should Marry First, The Son Or The Father? by jashar(f): 8:49am On Mar 15, 2016
I still don't understand how people will be planning their wedding with other peoples' money. Plan your wedding within your own budget. If any one wants to help you take some financial responsibility after you've drawn your budget, no wahala.

But to bank on other peoples' contribution for your own wedding, I don't see that as a sign of maturity.

Let the son marry within his means and leave his father to leave his life abeg.....

2 Likes

Re: Who Should Marry First, The Son Or The Father? by onyfrank: 6:24am On Mar 16, 2016
jashar:
I still don't understand how people will be planning their wedding with other peoples' money. Plan your wedding within your own budget. If any one wants to help you take some financial responsibility after you've drawn your budget, no wahala.

But to bank on other peoples' contribution for your own wedding, I don't see that as a sign of maturity.

Let the son marry within his means and leave his father to leave his life abeg.....
na the only son and the only issue for the man o.
Re: Who Should Marry First, The Son Or The Father? by jashar(f): 6:04pm On Mar 16, 2016
onyfrank:

na the only son and the only issue for the man o.
So
Re: Who Should Marry First, The Son Or The Father? by Nobody: 7:22pm On Mar 16, 2016
My take on this:

The son's decision to get married should be based upon his ability to work within a set budget, not based upon his father's contribution. Of course, if his father contributes financially, it should be seen as a bonus. He should NOT bank upon it though.

All the his lineage nonsense - the son can get married before his father. No one should be under any pressure to bring their marriage plans forward, or defer them due to someone else in the family still being single, or simply "not ready".

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

Would You Allow This To Happen To Your Grandfather? Pic: / Help A Confused Friend / The Bubble Bursts, Real Story Of Tonto And Churchill Breakup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.