Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,739 members, 7,955,813 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:57 PM

The Agony Of My Cousin - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Agony Of My Cousin (3658 Views)

Help! My Cousin's Fiancee Lied Now He Wants To Call It Off!! / Guy Shares Pics With Cousin & People Are Reacting With The Way He Is Holding Her / My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Agony Of My Cousin by o42austino(m): 8:53pm On Jul 05, 2015
ahsekeena:

I think he can pursue the case in a customary court shaa but he will never win if he is hoping she will be sent to jail for 5years,he is fighting a lost battle cos me,since I was born,I've never heard of a woman going to jail for bigamy in Nigeria. I know he is bitter and vengeful and betrayed but u as a rational human being can talk to him and tell him to calm down. All he should do is get joint custody of his child.
u made sense but, we can not continue to be lawless in this nation, peeps should be made to be answerable to their actions, she may not get jail term but, she could be made to pay damages, that alone will show her to my cousin could bite also.
Re: The Agony Of My Cousin by o42austino(m): 8:56pm On Jul 05, 2015
pretydiva:
leave everytin 2 God. Vengeance alone belongs 2 him. He knows how 2 repay in his own way n time
We are not leaving vengeance for God, we need justice.

1 Like

Re: The Agony Of My Cousin by cococandy(f): 8:57pm On Jul 05, 2015
o42austino:
u made sense but, we can not continue to be lawless in this nation, peeps should be made to be answerable to their actions, she may not get jail term but, she could be made to pay damages, that alone will show her to my cousin could bite also.

It's long overdue.

People dumping their families without closure or a formal divorce and then running off to marry other wives and husbands without consequences. Children left to suffer in such situations.

I agree with you.
Re: The Agony Of My Cousin by o42austino(m): 8:59pm On Jul 05, 2015
cococandy:
He doesn't have any business suing the new man.
The lady is the one that went ahead to marry someone else while still married to him.

If they had a court-registered marriage (yes some church marriages are court registered), what she did is illegal so he can seek redress in court. It is illegal to marry another person while still officially married. He can sue her for that.

But if they only had a traditional marriage, all he need is to have his bride price returned and the marriage is officially over.
Then he can pursue child custody if he wants.
if her peeps returned the bride price, We will not be talking about it.
Re: The Agony Of My Cousin by o42austino(m): 9:00pm On Jul 05, 2015
cococandy:

I repeat the guy is not your family's problem.
Face the lady that broke her marriage contract not the new guy.
ya got ur point.
Re: The Agony Of My Cousin by o42austino(m): 9:05pm On Jul 05, 2015
cococandy:

It's long overdue.

People dumping their families without closure or a formal divorce and then running off to marry other wives and husbands without consequences. Children left to suffer in such situations.

I agree with you.
thanks for understanding my point, I spoke with my cousin this evening, I told him about making a case out of it but, he said that he will wait still she done born many pikin for the man then he will strike, that a vulture is a patience bird.
Re: The Agony Of My Cousin by cococandy(f): 9:12pm On Jul 05, 2015
o42austino:
thanks for understanding my point, I spoke with my cousin this evening, I told him about making a case out of it but, he said that he will wait still she done born many pikin for the man then he will strike, that a vulture is a patience bird.

I'd say the earlier the better for him.
But it's his life.
His choice.

1 Like

Re: The Agony Of My Cousin by conyema12(m): 9:28pm On Jul 05, 2015
ahsekeena:
I beg to differ,sue her for what. Abeg the cousin should move on with his life,if he wants joint custody of their child that's a diff topic.

She left,married another,I suggest you do the same and stop crying over spilled milk. Your cousin will not even win the case if he decides to pursue it,that's for sure.

He already has his life and future to worry about. There is no future in the past,move on?!!!!

Please o,I have a question,so bigamy is a punishable offence even in the absense of court wedding?

Pls elucidate ....why will he not win against a bigamist.
Re: The Agony Of My Cousin by Adaezeagu(f): 10:36pm On Jul 05, 2015
Dat woman is evil
Re: The Agony Of My Cousin by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jul 05, 2015
conyema12:

Pls elucidate ....why will he not win against a bigamist.

We are in Nigeria ma brother,u ever heard of a bigamist going to jail? And again,if they go to a customary court(cos they didn't even wed in a court),they will just ask the wife to return the dowry,o tan!
Re: The Agony Of My Cousin by mystiqueDZ(f): 6:02am On Jul 06, 2015
Anibabe:
if he divorce is wife,is it not a sin?. my own opinion is dat,he shd nt divorce her,he shd pray to God to bring her back.
huh!!! I forbid that prayer for him.....

1 Like

Re: The Agony Of My Cousin by mystiqueDZ(f): 6:04am On Jul 06, 2015
Just waoh....
Fight for your daughter....
Use this as a drive to stand back on your feet....
May the Lord strengthen you!! Amen.

1 Like

Re: The Agony Of My Cousin by o42austino(m): 6:50am On Jul 06, 2015
mystiqueDZ:
huh!!! I forbid that prayer for him.....
I tire for that kind of prayers.
Re: The Agony Of My Cousin by Nobody: 8:45am On Jul 06, 2015
o42austino:
Hahaha, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU PEOPLE FIGHTING FOR!!!!!! HUH? Is it the woman, or vengeance or your cousin's heartbreak? Haba!!! Tell your cousin not to died because of woman palava ooooo, time will heal his broken heart, let him move on,seek redress in court and get custody of his daughter.

If he do anything nasty he might be locked up, the new guy is rich remember!!!!
Re: The Agony Of My Cousin by austine4real(m): 11:09am On Jul 06, 2015
grin grin
o42austino:
it strong my brother, We need teach her and her new husband a lesson.

1 Like

Re: The Agony Of My Cousin by keemsleek(m): 11:38am On Jul 06, 2015
Let your cousin move on with his life,guess if he hears mine he will knw life goes on, mine left me on my sick bed after I lost all. Let him leave vengeance to God.

1 Like

Re: The Agony Of My Cousin by o42austino(m): 7:47am On Jul 07, 2015
Adaezeagu:
Dat woman is evil
ya she is evil, I noticed her ways and warn my cousin but he over looked it.
Re: The Agony Of My Cousin by o42austino(m): 7:51am On Jul 07, 2015
LadyFiona:
Hahaha, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU PEOPLE FIGHTING FOR!!!!!! HUH? Is it the woman, or vengeance or your cousin's heartbreak? Haba!!! Tell your cousin not to died because of woman palava ooooo, time will heal his broken heart, let him move on,seek redress in court and get custody of his daughter.

If he do anything nasty he might be locked up, the new guy is rich remember!!!!
ya d new guy maybe reach but their are areas that his money will be useless, vengeance is not what I seek, what I seek is justice.

1 Like

Re: The Agony Of My Cousin by o42austino(m): 7:54am On Jul 07, 2015
keemsleek:
Let your cousin move on with his life,guess if he hears mine he will knw life goes on, mine left me on my sick bed after I lost all. Let him leave vengeance to God.
Vengeance is not what I seek for him, what I seek is justice, peeps should know how to do the right thing, if they returned our bride price, u would not hear this but, they did not.

1 Like

Re: The Agony Of My Cousin by keemsleek(m): 10:11am On Jul 07, 2015
Sometins are not worth killing oneself abt, let him find a way of getting his child back, am telling u from my own bitter experience 100 times worse then ur cousin own, least she didn't seize ur cousin properties like mine did. Forget bride price, there still lot of beautiful, worthy, well trained and God fearing women out there. Like I found one that wiped all my tears away. Karma will surly come to play if ur cousin is sure he did her no wrong. No sinner shall go unpunished.
Re: The Agony Of My Cousin by o42austino(m): 10:42am On Jul 07, 2015
keemsleek:
Sometins are not worth killing oneself abt, let him find a way of getting his child back, am telling u from my own bitter experience 100 times worse then ur cousin own, least she didn't seize ur cousin properties like mine did. Forget bride price, there still lot of beautiful, worthy, well trained and God fearing women out there. Like I found one that wiped all my tears away. Karma will surly come to play if ur cousin is sure he did her no wrong. No sinner shall go unpunished.
I understand u but, the decision is my cousin to make.
Re: The Agony Of My Cousin by Adaezeagu(f): 2:01pm On Jul 07, 2015
o42austino:
ya she is evil, I noticed her ways and warn my cousin but he over looked it.
love is blind
Re: The Agony Of My Cousin by o42austino(m): 3:45pm On Jul 07, 2015
Adaezeagu:
love is blind
yes ur right love is blind but I guess he can now see clear.
Re: The Agony Of My Cousin by Adaezeagu(f): 3:54pm On Jul 07, 2015
o42austino:
yes ur right love is blind but I guess he can now see clear.
lol........
Re: The Agony Of My Cousin by dinachi(m): 7:03pm On Jul 07, 2015
Well his case is not new. Some women love money more than their lives! Bottom line, he should take her to court but only if he can win! If not he should just concentrate on getting back his daughter and dump the trashy mother. I don't believe in any karma. If karma existed their is no way the world population will be up to six billion people! grin grin grin
Some people are too terrible even for karma to work on them.
The ex wife is an evil woman from an evil mother.
Re: The Agony Of My Cousin by bukatyne(f): 12:54am On Jul 08, 2015
o42austino:
yes he should move on but, his bitter. If ur a married man and out of the blue u hv issues with ur wife the next thing is that she is pregnant for another man without divorce. They did not do court wedding but church wedding and I was d best man that day but, I think church is a institution recognized by law and any marriage there should dime legal and constitutional, I stand to be corrected.

Not all church weddings are recognized in the registry.

@OP:

Your cousin should let her go. She has obviously said she is no longer interested in him.

His priority should be fighting for joint/sole custody legally or otherwise or getting on his feet to fight for custody if he doesn't currently have the means to care for his daughter.
Re: The Agony Of My Cousin by bukatyne(f): 12:57am On Jul 08, 2015
dinachi:
Well his case is not new. Some women love money more than their lives! Bottom line, he should take her to court but only if he can win! If not he should just concentrate on getting back his daughter and dump the trashy mother. I don't believe in any karma. If karma existed their is no way the world population will be up to six billion people! grin grin grin
Some people are too terrible even for karma to work on them.

The ex wife is an evil woman from an evil mother.

@bold: interesting perspective

I believe in law of sowing and reaping. However specific karma, don't know

Aba, Leave her mother out of it.
Re: The Agony Of My Cousin by BuddhaPalm(m): 1:41am On Jul 08, 2015
Lol, this is very funny.

Tell your bros to just move on.

Loyalty is a masculine virtue.

(1) (2) (Reply)

. / My Mother Wants To Pack Into My House / Will Your Children Have A Traditional And English Name?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.