Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,487 members, 7,812,511 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:33 PM

Help! My Cousin's Fiancee Lied Now He Wants To Call It Off!! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help! My Cousin's Fiancee Lied Now He Wants To Call It Off!! (31390 Views)

I Feel Depressed! My Cousin Beat Me Because Of N100 Biscuit / How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? / My cousin who got married this year July is actually thinking of leaving the man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! My Cousin's Fiancee Lied Now He Wants To Call It Off!! by Nobody: 11:43am On Jun 01, 2017
Good day guys, my brother just confided in me that his wife to be lied to him. She told him she studied law from a UK uni with 2.2 as her grade. She never wanted to go to law school and my cousin has since been encouraging her.

Now he just stumbled on her certificate which says she studied Sociology and graduated with a pass!!

Now hes depressed. Hes white is in 2months time and he has already done trad. Pls what should he do!! shocked

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help! My Cousin's Fiancee Lied Now He Wants To Call It Off!! by GoldCircle: 11:46am On Jun 01, 2017
Its entirely his choice! Na certificate/lawyer him wan marry abi na better wife?

127 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Help! My Cousin's Fiancee Lied Now He Wants To Call It Off!! by Nobody: 11:51am On Jun 01, 2017
He should buy Jamb form for her. Law/Nnamdi Azikiwe University Awka. 1 and 2nd choice.

149 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help! My Cousin's Fiancee Lied Now He Wants To Call It Off!! by Nobody: 11:52am On Jun 01, 2017
TarOrfeek:
He should buy Jamb form for her.
Law/Nnamdi Azikiwe University Awka. 1 and 2nd choice.

Lool. Haha. But fear women oo

29 Likes

Re: Help! My Cousin's Fiancee Lied Now He Wants To Call It Off!! by Afam4eva(m): 11:58am On Jun 01, 2017
GoldCircle:
Its entirely his choice! Na certificate/lawyer him wan marry abi na better wife?
It's really not about the certificate but the lie. How does one lie about something like that to someone you want to spend your life with.

285 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Help! My Cousin's Fiancee Lied Now He Wants To Call It Off!! by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jun 01, 2017
Afam4eva:

It's really not about the certificate but the lie. How does one lie about something like that to someone you want to spend your life with.

What do u advice

5 Likes

Re: Help! My Cousin's Fiancee Lied Now He Wants To Call It Off!! by ogawisdom(m): 2:27pm On Jun 01, 2017
obitee69:
Good day guys, my brother just confided in me that his wife to be lied to him. She told him she studied law from a UK uni with 2.2 as her grade. She never wanted to go to law school and my cousin has since been encouraging her.

Now he just stumbled on her certificate which says she studied Sociology and graduated with a pass!!

Now hes depressed. Hes white is in 2months time and he has already done trad. Pls what should he do!! shocked

This is funny ooo grin grin grin sociology pass degree vs 2.2 uk law degree

My only problem is dt she lied n waited to get bursted nt her degree. If she confessed herself it would ve been easier to forgive.

This is jst one of alot of things she may ve lied abt n dts a major concern.

It's difficult to trust a liar, it will be difficult to continue if na me.

Modified here is a tip for young men

Once u start dating insist on getting ur babes cv n credentials via telling her u want to use it to hustle for job for her dt way u kw everything frm day one to avoid stories like this dnt rely on what she told u alone. Most HND babes dey claim degree holder nw ooo dnt be scammed by any lady shine ur eyes

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! My Cousin's Fiancee Lied Now He Wants To Call It Off!! by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:21pm On Jun 01, 2017
Deceit deceit deceit!!!! What else this "stranger" has lied about? Does he even know who he is about to marry?!
He should stop the wedding plan, and start afresh getting to know this stranger OR walk away... As such lies can be a NO NO to some men. The foundation is damaged!

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help! My Cousin's Fiancee Lied Now He Wants To Call It Off!! by Acidosis(m): 3:22pm On Jun 01, 2017
Get her to confess and reveal other secrets. May be she didn't picture herself with your cousin at the beginning of the relationship. People tell lies on first dates.

23 Likes

Re: Help! My Cousin's Fiancee Lied Now He Wants To Call It Off!! by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jun 01, 2017
My cuzin has been boiling. But its too late
Re: Help! My Cousin's Fiancee Lied Now He Wants To Call It Off!! by veekid(m): 5:22pm On Jun 01, 2017
obitee69:
You just said the truth and you know it "it's too late"

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help! My Cousin's Fiancee Lied Now He Wants To Call It Off!! by 9japrof(m): 5:22pm On Jun 01, 2017
Mehn if I were him, I would damn the consequences and call of the wedding sharp sharp. buh come to think of it, why would a guy cancel a wedding just because of a mere certificate ?

Why because they are deep shit this lady could be keeping in her cupboard, if a lady can lie about something as trival as a certificate, what about more serious issues like genotype, friends, age and the rest of it.

Marriage should be built on truth, the worst I can stand is lie, how would the husband take it when his wife comes back late from work and tell him she got stuck in traffic, would he believe her? if no, now is the time to call off the marriage. A broken relationship remains cheaper and more stress free than a broken or unhappy marriage.

my 2 cents though

41 Likes

Re: Help! My Cousin's Fiancee Lied Now He Wants To Call It Off!! by fineboynl(m): 5:23pm On Jun 01, 2017
.I m currently raising a movement to put stop to marriage as it sure needs to be outlawed. it's a scam and I have heard enough of it.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! My Cousin's Fiancee Lied Now He Wants To Call It Off!! by HalfAmazing(m): 5:24pm On Jun 01, 2017
In as much as i hate lies, maybe ur cousin kept her in a tight situation, so she had to lie. For me ooh, kwali nor mata...Just gimme a good woman.
Re: Help! My Cousin's Fiancee Lied Now He Wants To Call It Off!! by seunmsg(m): 5:24pm On Jun 01, 2017
Things like this are important but surprisingly, lots of people lie terribly about it during courtship. Most marriages are contracted on fraudulent claims and eventually, the marriage crashes when the truth start coming out.

Your cousin should be grateful that he found out before marriage. It is now left entirely to him to make his decision. If he can forgive her and live with the knowledge that she lied to him, he should go ahead with the marriage. If not, he should call off the white wedding and move.

4 Likes

Re: Help! My Cousin's Fiancee Lied Now He Wants To Call It Off!! by Sirpaul(m): 5:24pm On Jun 01, 2017
........my ears ...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! My Cousin's Fiancee Lied Now He Wants To Call It Off!! by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jun 01, 2017
You no tell us d sch wey she study d sociology o. But women sef if u cant be honest bout something this small before marriage i wonder which kind lie some people go dey blow after den marry. Ur cousin fit forgive her sha.Marriage no be by certificate.

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Cousin's Fiancee Lied Now He Wants To Call It Off!! by Badgers14: 5:25pm On Jun 01, 2017
Omo see Gbege

1 Like

Re: Help! My Cousin's Fiancee Lied Now He Wants To Call It Off!! by felixomor: 5:25pm On Jun 01, 2017
She might be hiding many other things.
This is not a good testimony.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! My Cousin's Fiancee Lied Now He Wants To Call It Off!! by adedayoadedeji(m): 5:26pm On Jun 01, 2017
obitee69:
It's marriage we are talking about. No decision is too late bro.

Tell you cousin to think deeply about it. If your cousin can forgive and FORGET( neva assume that most of what she says is a lie until proven) then he can go ahead otherwise he should let her go.

3 Likes

Re: Help! My Cousin's Fiancee Lied Now He Wants To Call It Off!! by catherineokezie(f): 5:26pm On Jun 01, 2017
probably if she didn't lie ur cousin may not have built a relationship with her. Let ur cousin inquire from her why she lied about her grade and degree

1 Like

Re: Help! My Cousin's Fiancee Lied Now He Wants To Call It Off!! by chynie: 5:27pm On Jun 01, 2017
If your cousin's English is like your own
why would a girl who studied Law in Uk marry him
like your family dey find who go upgrade una grin

8 Likes

Re: Help! My Cousin's Fiancee Lied Now He Wants To Call It Off!! by NobleBeer(m): 5:27pm On Jun 01, 2017
cry Am pretty sure the lie was from the first date. I lied to someone I met in a Christmas get together that I schooled in Ghana before too. 10 years later, I was sitting across the table from him with all my life certifications. And yes, I didn't school in Ghana, I only help start up a company out there.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Cousin's Fiancee Lied Now He Wants To Call It Off!! by Donald3d(m): 5:27pm On Jun 01, 2017
GoldCircle:
smiley
If she can lie about such a thing ,just imagine how many other things she may have lied about angry shocked

3 Likes

Re: Help! My Cousin's Fiancee Lied Now He Wants To Call It Off!! by ikukuhero: 5:29pm On Jun 01, 2017
obitee69:

What do u advice

H should call off the wedding and dump the girl like a bad habit. Why? Because if she could lie about her academic qualification, I can bet you that she's lied about some other things and she'll keep lying about many other things. Trust is important in a marriage. A liar can/should never be trusted.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! My Cousin's Fiancee Lied Now He Wants To Call It Off!! by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jun 01, 2017
obitee69:

What do u advice

Let the man be sure of her HIV status.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help! My Cousin's Fiancee Lied Now He Wants To Call It Off!! by 2shure: 5:29pm On Jun 01, 2017
Abegi
Na by all those 1
Re: Help! My Cousin's Fiancee Lied Now He Wants To Call It Off!! by shumuel(m): 5:29pm On Jun 01, 2017
I dey come grin

Anything for the Wedding grin

The Wedding Party hustle is real wink
Re: Help! My Cousin's Fiancee Lied Now He Wants To Call It Off!! by twosquare(m): 5:30pm On Jun 01, 2017
Obitee69.... Sorry, but your cousin is already married... Trad is the wedding... White is ceremonial... If he calls it off, he will be a divorcee. On the other hand, it's bad of that lady, can't be trusted, and any marriage built on lies will crumble.

You did not tell us if na UK she had the pass or Okokomaiko University? grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! My Cousin's Fiancee Lied Now He Wants To Call It Off!! by adisabarber(m): 5:32pm On Jun 01, 2017
Wetin he find reach where the certificate dey? Be careful when searching for the truth because the truth might kill you.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Wife Is Stubborn. / I Made A Mistake For Asking My Wife For An Open Marriage (story For The TL) / List Of Clothing Materials Grooms Present To Brides In The North

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.