Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,659 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:31 PM

I Refuse To Give My Tithe To Any Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Refuse To Give My Tithe To Any Church (1256 Views)

I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? / How Should I Pay My Tithe? / Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Refuse To Give My Tithe To Any Church by Kingbilo(m): 2:01pm On Jul 05, 2015
I am so skeptical about "men of God" and their plans for the money that I prefer to help those in need directly.. Is this bad?

Why do people give tithe to support other men (pastors) like salary...

What are your thoughts?
Re: I Refuse To Give My Tithe To Any Church by Ofeakwu(m): 2:02pm On Jul 05, 2015
K
Re: I Refuse To Give My Tithe To Any Church by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jul 05, 2015
As much as i would support ur paying to the less privileged, if u believe that all u could give is tenth of what HE has given u instead of giving all to Him, u have no right to ask another man's steward question on his stewardish
Re: I Refuse To Give My Tithe To Any Church by ayoodeji(m): 2:12pm On Jul 05, 2015
Kingbilo:
I am so skeptical about "men of God" and their plans for the money that I prefer to help those in need directly.. Is this bad?

What are your thoughts?

helping others is no subtitute for paying your tithes. You should always pay it because It is a command by the most High irrespective of your view. Giving to the less priviledge is compulsory also but it is no subtitute.
Re: I Refuse To Give My Tithe To Any Church by mrking3(m): 2:15pm On Jul 05, 2015
Do what the Bible says! And forget how the pastors or men of God choose to spend the money! if you decide not to pay tithe, its all good! Follow your conviction.

2 Likes

Re: I Refuse To Give My Tithe To Any Church by Melahou(m): 2:41pm On Jul 05, 2015
Wisdom is more profitable to direct...
Give your tithe to a church or churches that really need it (church project or less privilege) not to a church where the pastor have body guards and private jets and care less about the poor.

My opinion anyway
Re: I Refuse To Give My Tithe To Any Church by OgundeleT(m): 2:50pm On Jul 05, 2015
Give ur money to the needy directly, tithe is in old testament and we are now in grace period.
or may be u want them to use ur money to pay their body guard or to fuel their jets or their luxury car
Re: I Refuse To Give My Tithe To Any Church by NumberOne2(m): 2:53pm On Jul 05, 2015
The money is yours. Do as you please.
If you think your Pastor is a theif and will misuse your tithe; good. Then I wonder, why will you go to a church led by a thief?

Bottomline, tithe given out is not accountable to you. No one, either God, Pastor or the Poor owe you an explaination on what they did with it. This is why it is called GIVING not a LOAN.

Experiment
Here is an experiment I did. Tithe regularly for a year (dont miss), then don't tithe for the next year. Check your finances and see the difference if any. Keep notes. Then judge for yourself. The bible is practical not theory.
Re: I Refuse To Give My Tithe To Any Church by Kingbilo(m): 3:13pm On Jul 05, 2015
ayoodeji:

helping others is no subtitute for paying your tithes. You should always pay it because It is a command by the most High irrespective of your view. Giving to the less priviledge is compulsory also but it is no subtitute.

BUT where in the Bible does it say you must give tithe to any institution.. Beside Jesus himself said whatsoever you do for the least of my brothers, that you do unto me
Re: I Refuse To Give My Tithe To Any Church by Kingbilo(m): 3:17pm On Jul 05, 2015
NumberOne2:
The money is yours. Do as you please.
If you think your Pastor is a theif and will misuse your tithe; good. Then I wonder, why will you go to a church led by a thief?

Bottomline, tithe given out is not accountable to you. No one, either God, Pastor or the Poor owe you an explaination on what they did with it. This is why it is called GIVING not a LOAN.

Experiment
Here is an experiment I did. Tithe regularly for a year (dont miss), then don't tithe for the next year. Check your finances and see the difference if any. Keep notes. Then judge for yourself. The bible is practical not theory.

Nice point about not being accountable although I beg to differ a bit. Shouldn't you do your best to ensure your money goes to those who need it?
Re: I Refuse To Give My Tithe To Any Church by Medicis(m): 3:19pm On Jul 05, 2015
Why announcing it naa? I think this should be between you and your God. How much self be the thithe??
Re: I Refuse To Give My Tithe To Any Church by NumberOne2(m): 3:29pm On Jul 05, 2015
Kingbilo:

Nice point about not being accountable although I beg to differ a bit. Shouldn't you do your best to ensure your money goes to those who need it?

No you don't both in the World and in Church especially as relates to Adults. The 4 questions below will help.

TITHE as a GIFT to Pastor: If I give you a gift say a phone, do I also tell you how to use it?
TITHE as HELP to Pastor: If you need money and I give you, will I also tell you how to spend it?
TITHE as unto GOD: If I bless God with my substance in an offering or tithe (as God doesn't take your money anyway), will I also tell the church administrator(s) how to use the offering and tithe?
TITHE as a GIFT to the Poor: If I give to the poor, do I also supervise what they do with it?
Re: I Refuse To Give My Tithe To Any Church by Kingbilo(m): 3:33pm On Jul 05, 2015
NumberOne2:

No you don't both in the World and in Church especially as relates to Adults. The 4 questions below will help.

TITHE as a GIFT to Pastor: If I give you a gift say a phone, do I also tell you how to use it?
TITHE as HELP to Pastor: If you need money and I give you, will I also tell you how to spend it?
TITHE as unto GOD: If I bless God with my substance in an offering or tithe (as God doesn't take your money anyway), will I also tell the church administrator(s) how to use the offering and tithe?
TITHE as a GIFT to the Poor: If I give to the poor, do I also supervise what they do with it?

Great points sha....very very good questions bro... Beginning to understand it now... No way of knowing.. Just do your part and do it to the glory of God..
Re: I Refuse To Give My Tithe To Any Church by NumberOne2(m): 4:31pm On Jul 05, 2015
Kingbilo:

Great points sha....very very good questions bro... Beginning to understand it now... No way of knowing.. Just do your part and do it to the glory of God..

Thank God. The main thing is CHEERFUL giving. That is what God loves, not just the giving but the cheerful. I tell folks, if not cheerful, dont bother. God will not accept it, its just a donation.

Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver. - 2 Corinthians 9:7
Re: I Refuse To Give My Tithe To Any Church by MrPristine: 7:33pm On Jul 05, 2015
Kingbilo:

What are your thoughts?

As a christian you are not supposed to tithe in the first instance but Jesus admonished that we give to those in need around us.
Re: I Refuse To Give My Tithe To Any Church by ayoodeji(m): 7:44pm On Jul 05, 2015
Kingbilo:

BUT where in the Bible does it say you must give tithe to any institution.. Beside Jesus himself said whatsoever you do for the least of my brothers, that you do unto me

please check Malachi 3:10.......... 'Beside Jesus himself said whatsoever you do for the least of my brothers, that you do unto me' ........Jesus was not talking about tithes here, rather it was abt giving.

(1) (Reply)

And God Gave Me The Xiaomi Mi4 I Asked For / If God Destroy The Whole Earth In The Time Of Noah, Where Did People Come From? / The Lord's Prayer In Jesus' Native Tongue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.