Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,899 members, 7,821,136 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:47 AM

How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease - Science/Technology (105) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease (694114 Views)

17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone / The Locally-Made Vehicle I Saw In Aba - Pictures / Locally Made Amphibian Jet Spotted At Lagos Stadium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (356) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Trippledots(m): 2:02pm On Mar 24, 2017
Trippledots:
Hi guys... I just want to drop this energy efficient lamp idea. It may be helpful to sombody:

Its a remodding of this common rechargeable lontor light with 63 LED bulbs to use regular USB source.

The light its self on full power draws about 4.4Watts of power and its quite bright for its Power demand.

Materials needed: Used lontor recargeable lamp (actually any recheargeable lamp should work too), male usb cable, Usb power socket (like phone charger or power bank or cigarettes phone charger for 12v battery), screwdriver, plier... The usual stuff

Step 1...open the lamp, look for the battery and carefully disconnect or cut the battery(s) from the circuit board. Take note of its positive and negative wires and where they attach to to the circuit board.

Step 2.. Connect the male USB plug wire to the points where the battery was cut from or directly to the mother board. Whichever is easier to do.

Step 3...cover the lamp back-cover such that it clamps on the usb wire enough to hold it in place not to spoil the connection done inside but loose enough that the usb wire is not severed into two.

Step 4...connect d USB plug to any usb socket such as phone chargers, power banks, laptop usb socket.

THATS ALL.

Note, dis lamp uses about 4.4watts So to get maximum brightness make sure your USB socket can deliver at least 1000mA of current.

Cheers.

PS: This is my brain child i didnt learn it anywhere. Dnt monetize this info pls. I currently use one In my room. Its so bright and lasts like forever.

Pics: one without power source, the other powered by a powerbank mukhcech
Vitality22

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 8:50pm On Mar 24, 2017
Trippledots:
Hi guys... I just want to drop this energy efficient lamp idea. It may be helpful to sombody:

Its a remodding of this common rechargeable lontor light with 63 LED bulbs to use regular USB source.

The light its self on full power draws about 4.4Watts of power and its quite bright for its Power demand.

Materials needed: Used lontor recargeable lamp (actually any recheargeable lamp should work too), male usb cable, Usb power socket (like phone charger or power bank or cigarettes phone charger for 12v battery), screwdriver, plier... The usual stuff

Step 1...open the lamp, look for the battery and carefully disconnect or cut the battery(s) from the circuit board. Take note of its positive and negative wires and where they attach to to the circuit board.

Step 2.. Connect the male USB plug wire to the points where the battery was cut from or directly to the mother board. Whichever is easier to do.

Step 3...cover the lamp back-cover such that it clamps on the usb wire enough to hold it in place not to spoil the connection done inside but loose enough that the usb wire is not severed into two.

Step 4...connect d USB plug to any usb socket such as phone chargers, power banks, laptop usb socket.

THATS ALL.

Note, dis lamp uses about 4.4watts So to get maximum brightness make sure your USB socket can deliver at least 1000mA of current.

Cheers.

PS: This is my brain child i didnt learn it anywhere. Dnt monetize this info pls. I currently use one In my room. Its so bright and lasts like forever.

Thanks!!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Trippledots(m): 6:58am On Mar 25, 2017
ceejay80s:

Thanks!!!!

Yw bro ☺
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by epoter: 12:56am On Mar 26, 2017
you guys are too much, i am planning to build mine too
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by oneshowguy: 7:21pm On Mar 26, 2017
Long battery the official vendor to APC by Schneider electric is now available for your Ups battery replacement .

A UPS is nothing more than its battery.

Long battery is a brand that comes inbuilt in the APC UPS. We have decided to make them available for those who have demand for quality batteries .
5AH= 5000 Naira
7AH = 5500 Naira

To know more about us, Google Search "Kung Long battery " Or call 08123329521

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by oneshowguy: 7:25pm On Mar 26, 2017
ceejay80s:

Guy , u get liver o!!!

Long battery the official vendor to APC by Schneider electric is now available for your Ups battery replacement .

Long battery is a brand that comes inbuilt in the APC UPS. We have decided to make them available for those who have demand for quality batteries .
5AH= 5000 Naira
7AH = 5500 Naira

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by oneshowguy: 7:39pm On Mar 26, 2017
tonyx4x44:

Abeg which brands do you personally recommend?

5AH= 5000 Naira
7AH = 5500 Naira

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by mctfopt: 7:36am On Mar 27, 2017
ceejay80s:

Before u connect ur solar panel to ur charge controller, make sure u have connected the one that goes to battery (charging ) first ,
Its even written on user manual, I even saw it on a website.
Don't connect the panel wire to the charge controller before the one that goes to te battery o!!!!!!
The one that charges the battery should be connected first to battery before u connect the one that comes from the panel to avoid damaging the charge controller,
And when u want to remove, the one from the panel should be disconnected first before the one that charges the battery

It is always advisable to put a circuit breaker, preferably DC, between the solar panel(s) and charge controller. Una well done. RE rules!
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by epoter: 1:24pm On Mar 27, 2017
my oga's them, pls i just want to ask this question, i have several 12v 9ah batteries i removed them from several ups in my office, my question is this, can i combine 12 of the batteries to get 108ah and will it serve me just like the the 100ah,, i also have several ups maxtron apc and other still working
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by teamsynergy: 4:15pm On Mar 27, 2017
epoter:
my oga's them, pls i just want to ask this question, i have several 12v 9ah batteries i removed them from several ups in my office, my question is this, can i combine 12 of the batteries to get 108ah and will it serve me just like the the 100ah,, i also have several ups maxtron apc and other still working
firstly, be sure each of those ba3s is still like 70% ok .
Be very careful with the parallel connection cos the current is gonna be high and could catch fire if mishandled... use a sizeable cable to avoid energy loss and avoid partial contacts...
it may not last like a new 100ah, but its gonna work
do you have any other ups for sale?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Feshizzy(m): 5:52pm On Mar 27, 2017
epoter:

Yes it possible,
But for them to be changed,
Meaning they have probably gone bad.
Just get 100ah battery and save yourself the stress.
Chances that a shorted battery might start draining the rest of the pack,
Since usage and age of the batteries differs!

Regards,
EF

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by epoter: 7:11pm On Mar 27, 2017
thanks for the update will try to get 100am, yes i have ups for sale abt 5 to 8pcs all still working perfect, just the batteries are bad
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by epoter: 7:13pm On Mar 27, 2017
how much can i get 100ah now does anybody have an ideal what the current prices is
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by teamsynergy: 7:28pm On Mar 27, 2017
epoter:
thanks for the update will try to get 100am, yes i have ups for sale abt 5 to 8pcs all still working perfect, just the batteries are bad
what is their capacity? and hummm price range grin
100ah goes from 58k to as high as 90k+ depending on the brand
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by epoter: 9:54am On Mar 28, 2017
650 and woo that prices is way high
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 12:56pm On Mar 28, 2017
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 1:19pm On Mar 28, 2017
epoter:
Lol , he says its too high........na reccession
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by oneshowguy: 6:40pm On Mar 28, 2017
Donald3d:
How much , drop your contact

Hi Donald for price contact me on 08123329521........................https://axkezservices.com/
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by oneshowguy: 6:42pm On Mar 28, 2017
kianoe4400:

Am interested pls, how can i get one. Contacts or description would be helpful.

contact me on 08123229521.............................https://axkezservices.com/
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by SNOWCREAM(m): 8:39pm On Mar 28, 2017
epoter:
I want to buy one, where's your location? And what brand of UPS is it?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by epoter: 10:28am On Mar 29, 2017
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by kentochi(m): 10:23pm On Mar 30, 2017
i must have this item at home
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by epoter: 8:42am On Mar 31, 2017
i have apc and maxtron my location is lagos island cms
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Trippledots(m): 9:13am On Mar 31, 2017
epoter:

interested...sent you a mail. im at apapa
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Nobody: 4:12pm On Mar 31, 2017
epoter:
i have apc and maxtron my location is lagos island cms
What capacity is the maxtron. And how much
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by teamsynergy: 8:25pm On Apr 03, 2017
oga cj I got 30a charger at mushin today, he has new digital ones sef.. sold it for 15k got 1.2ups at oshodi, I was tired I couldn't search much...the 1.5 I saw r 1.2kva, the casing was change, the guyz confessed .....so I just settle for 1.2kva
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by SNOWCREAM(m): 9:31pm On Apr 03, 2017
teamsynergy:
oga cj I got 30a charger at mushin today, he has new digital ones sef.. sold it for 15k got 1.2ups at oshodi, I was tired I couldn't search much...the 1.5 I saw r 1.2kva, the casing was change, the guyz confessed .....so I just settle for 1.2kva
how much for the 1.2kva UPS?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by teamsynergy: 10:19pm On Apr 03, 2017
SNOWCREAM:
how much for the 1.2kva UPS?
3k5

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by SNOWCREAM(m): 10:23pm On Apr 03, 2017
teamsynergy:

3k5
thanks boss, it comes with the internal battery abi? And what brand is it?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by teamsynergy: 10:40pm On Apr 03, 2017
SNOWCREAM:
thanks boss, it comes with the internal battery abi? And what brand is it?
BG no bat3
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by SNOWCREAM(m): 10:49pm On Apr 03, 2017
teamsynergy:

BG no bat3
Thanks very much for the info smiley
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by brainyhack(m): 11:37am On Apr 04, 2017
guys i have a smartpower ups 650va can it be used for this kinda project

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (356) (Reply)

Www.waptrick.com Download Game , Mp3, Music ,apps / Www.waptrick.com | Download Games | Music | Videos | Apps

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.