Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,791 members, 7,820,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease - Science/Technology (106) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease (693995 Views)

17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone / The Locally-Made Vehicle I Saw In Aba - Pictures / Locally Made Amphibian Jet Spotted At Lagos Stadium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (356) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Ty207: 5:32pm On Apr 06, 2017
epoter:
i have apc and maxtron my location is lagos island cms
your phone number
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by stephyy: 8:30am On Apr 07, 2017
Hello Sirs,
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Nobody: 8:55am On Apr 07, 2017
stephyy:
Hello Sirs,
PLease can I get an inverter that can carry 1pc, 1thermal printer(24V 2.5A) and 1Tv Monitor for 5hrs everyday with less than 20k?
U will get it. But its the batt that takes money
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by stephyy: 9:03am On Apr 07, 2017
brogxy:

U will get it. But its the batt that takes money
Thanks for the response.
How much do you recommend for a long lasting battery that can carry the aforementioned load?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by teamsynergy: 11:24pm On Apr 13, 2017
brogxy:

24v. How will I know a good board. The only problem with mine is that it makes a loud buzzing sound when I use the normal load I normally use. But Neva used to make sounds with the normal load.
It doesn't make noise when the load is low
donot plug all this rechargeable led touch on ur ups... its causes some ups transformer to vibrate and heat up to the extent of burning out and also d loud buzzing sound... take note...
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Trippledots(m): 1:23am On Apr 15, 2017
hello y'all. happy easter.

i'm a DIYer at heart and i always keep looking for easier, cost friendly means of solving issues...i dropped an idea some days back for a very cheap and energy efficient light source for the house.

i'm back again. kiss

This time it's a solution for really expensive batteries. bottom line is how to get battery at a very cheap rate... although this may need some level of electrical circuitry knowledg and maybe importing some parts...but its cheaper eventually and scale-able. I am talking about the TESLA POWER WALL!!! ( IF YOU CAN GOOGLE OR YOUTUBE, CHECK "DIY TESLA POWER WALL WITH 18650"wink this battery uses li-ion cells.

iv watched people assemble batteries up to 30Kwh!! For comparison, a 200ahr battery is nominally around 2.2Kwh. and there is a premium product sold using this idea clled tesla power wall

Good luck.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Penuelseun(m): 8:15am On Apr 15, 2017
Trippledots:

i'm a DIYer at heart and i always keep looking for easier, cost friendly means of solving issues...i dropped an idea some days back for a very cheap and energy efficient light source for the house.

i'm back again. kiss

This time it's a solution for really expensive batteries. bottom line is how to get battery at a very cheap rate... although this may need some level of electrical circuitry knowledg and maybe importing some parts...but its cheaper eventually and scale-able. I am talking about the TESLA POWER WALL!!! ( IF YOU CAN GOOGLE OR YOUTUBE, CHECK "DIY TESLA POWER WALL WITH 18650"wink this battery uses li-ion cells.

iv watched people assemble batteries up to 30Kwh!! For comparison, a 200ahr battery is nominally around 2.2Kwh. and there is a premium product sold using this idea clled tesla power wall

Good luck.
how much is it
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Turks: 8:23am On Apr 15, 2017
About $300
Penuelseun:
how much is it
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Trippledots(m): 6:49pm On Apr 19, 2017
Turks:
About $300

THAT'S FOR THE TESLA COMPANY PRODUCED ONE. IF YOU DIY, ITS WAY CHEAPER.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by cool318(m): 7:09pm On Apr 19, 2017
Trippledots:

How is it done?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Turks: 8:03pm On Apr 19, 2017
Wrong. The Tesla produced one goes for $3000-$4000 and all the units are sold out.

The DIY goes for $300. smiley
Trippledots:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Trippledots(m): 9:49pm On Apr 19, 2017
Turks:
Wrong. The Tesla produced one goes for $3000-$4000 and all the units are sold out.

The DIY goes for $300. smiley

ok, but how did u come about that price? and how many kwh?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Trippledots(m): 9:51pm On Apr 19, 2017
cool318:

How is it done?

simply by stacking up li-ion cells into what ever voltage configuration you need. detailed procedures abound on youtube
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Turks: 2:58am On Apr 20, 2017
YouTube sir.
Trippledots:

ok, but how did u come about that price? and how many kwh?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by DBlackCeazer(m): 11:38am On Apr 20, 2017
Urgent pls, what brand of inverter batteries(200ah) are the best at a good price.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by teamsynergy: 6:52pm On Apr 21, 2017
DBlackCeazer:
Urgent pls, what brand of inverter batteries(200ah) are the best at a good price.
I got zedix agm 200ah for below 90k at Alaba recently .. the battery cool
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Nobody: 10:03am On Apr 22, 2017
Hello ceejay80s, asides from the seller in Mushin, do you know any other place in Lagos where I can buy battery charger?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 11:04am On Apr 22, 2017
NubiLove:
Hello ceejay80s, asides from the seller in Mushin, do you know any other place in Lagos where I can buy battery charger?

Go to army arena oshodi , some shops sell too but theirs is expensive cos they too buy from importers at mushin , it should also be available at Alaba international but that place far from me
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by drizzit(m): 9:29am On Apr 23, 2017
Hi guys.... I got a Souer 1000W inverter as a gift. Is it advisable to use it with my 72AH 12V battery or get like a 350 or 500w inverter for longer output? Just need it for my TV and laptop....
Cc. ceejay80s
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by teamsynergy: 2:03pm On Apr 23, 2017
drizzit:
Hi guys.... I got a Souer 1000W inverter as a gift. Is it advisable to use it with my 72AH 12V battery or get like a 350 or 500w inverter for longer output? Just need it for my TV and laptop....
Cc. ceejay80s
the inverter doesn't consume much on standby, u can use it to power ur stuffs.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 2:30pm On Apr 23, 2017
teamsynergy:

the inverter doesn't consume much on standby, u can use it to power ur stuffs.

can u charge ur batteries with the inverter?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by drizzit(m): 3:32pm On Apr 23, 2017
ceejay80s:

Bros ooo
Abeg break am down for me....
Does the power of the inverter have any effect on the battery?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by teamsynergy: 3:55pm On Apr 23, 2017
ceejay80s:

I don't know ...no be me get the inverter, but have seen souer inverter (transformer less) that chargers ...
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by INDESTRUCTABLEX(m): 4:23pm On Apr 24, 2017
[quote author=ceejay80s post=55839096][/quote]
Oga Ceejay were you able to get those 10w fans again? I dey find am with red eye o. I may need to get 2 more batteries in the coming months.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Feshizzy(m): 7:34pm On Apr 24, 2017
Good Evening House,
Please make una help update the thread as e dey,
Those that have been using grade A battery from day 1,
How far?
What are your short comings?
Who else has observe the battery voltage when the ups/inverter goes off?

Under idle conditions it's best to maintain a 50% DOD so you can have like 4+ years from your battery,

Make make una update the house on this beautiful setup performance so far!
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Feshizzy(m): 3:41pm On Apr 25, 2017
Boss in the house,
Abeg come bless us with knowledge small.

Edit:
Well it looks more like the thread is dead again,
Waiting for the next phoenix cycle.

Cheers!
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by timifakay(m): 8:19pm On Apr 26, 2017
Trippledots:

i'm back again. kiss

Good luck.
Old phone battery works well for that your set up. It lasts for like forever and you dont have to condemn any USB cord because you continue charging like it has the battery that came in it from factory.
In other news my 200w solar, 30a cc, 1000w inverter and 200ah battery set up is over a year and waxing strong...
Cheers all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Feshizzy(m): 8:49pm On Apr 26, 2017
Good Day Wonderful People,
Please who has ever used a fully refurbished battery and how was/is the experience?
Kindly help out with performance report!

Thank you in advance,
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Nobody: 1:11am On Apr 27, 2017
ceejay80s:

Go to army arena oshodi , some shops sell too but theirs is expensive cos they too buy from importers at mushin , it should also be available at Alaba international but that place far from me

Asides from the guy at labinjo street, do you know if they are any other importers of Suoer battery charger in the same mushin that I can go to? I bought a 50A battery charger from the guy at Labinjo street and it blew after 8 days. The product was faulty from the factory, so I am looking for someone else that I can buy the same product from.

PS: I fused the plug with a 3 pin 6 amps plug/socket yet it still got damaged.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Feshizzy(m): 12:01pm On Apr 27, 2017
Feshizzy:
Good Evening House,
Please make una help update the thread as e dey,
Those that have been using grade A battery from day 1,
How far?
What are your short comings?
Who else has observe the battery voltage when the ups/inverter goes off?

Under idle conditions it's best to maintain a 50% DOD so you can have like 4+ years from your battery,

Make make una update the house on this beautiful setup performance so far!
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Nobody: 5:18am On Apr 28, 2017
teamsynergy:
oga cj I got 30a charger at mushin today, he has new digital ones sef.. sold it for 15k got 1.2ups at oshodi, I was tired I couldn't search much...the 1.5 I saw r 1.2kva, the casing was change, the guyz confessed .....so I just settle for 1.2kva

Where did you buy the charger in mushin? was it at labinjo street, the one ceejay recommends?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Repairnigeria(m): 7:53am On Apr 28, 2017
NubiLove:

Asides from the guy at labinjo street, do you know if they are any other importers of Suoer battery charger in the same mushin that I can go to? I bought a 50A battery charger from the guy at Labinjo street and it blew after 8 days. The product was faulty from the factory, so I am looking for someone else that I can buy the same product from.

PS: I fused the plug with a 3 pin 6 amps plug/socket yet it still got damaged.

fuseing is not a full protection avs or avr is a full one

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (356) (Reply)

Www.waptrick.com Download Game , Mp3, Music ,apps / Www.waptrick.com | Download Games | Music | Videos | Apps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.