Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,665 members, 7,823,883 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease - Science/Technology (126) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease (694591 Views)

17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone / The Locally-Made Vehicle I Saw In Aba - Pictures / Locally Made Amphibian Jet Spotted At Lagos Stadium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) ... (356) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Xtfield(m): 10:51pm On Dec 13, 2017
surrogatesng:

All you should have done is buy yourself a new 500w inveretr which is cheap
Thank you all for your responses. Meanwhile, my innova inverter is working perfectly now. I no longer need the heating UPS. I just need to buy an additional 150ah battery and two 130w solar panels. In the interim, I'm enjoying my gotv and rechargeable fans .
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by pointstores(m): 11:03pm On Dec 13, 2017
Trippledots:

nice
thx
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by kio052001(m): 9:34am On Dec 14, 2017
luvablesam:

someone wants to sell to me...he said a 18ah or a fake 40ah(i wonder which is fake 40ah again)...

Which should i go for?

Thanks for your quoted response

if u know how to test a battery,
do the needful then good for the best
or
u can communicate with PointStores
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by kiekie1(m): 4:40pm On Dec 17, 2017
FAIRLY NEW MPOWER 200a AGM BATTERIES LOADING #55k

Smartcell global services
081-350-319-51
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Xtfield(m): 4:08am On Dec 21, 2017
Xtfield:
Thank you all for your responses. Meanwhile, my innova inverter is working perfectly now. I no longer need the heating UPS. I just need to buy an additional 150ah battery and two 130w solar panels. In the interim, I'm enjoying my gotv and rechargeable fans .
Thank God, I've procured the additional 150ah battery for 47k and two 130w solar panel @ 20k each. Now I have uninterrupted power supply. Thanks to ceejay, I wouldn't have tried this in years.

2 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by coachee: 8:12am On Dec 21, 2017
Xtfield:
Thank God, I've procured the additional 150ah battery for 47k and two 130w solar panel @ 20k each. Now I have uninterrupted power supply. Thanks to ceejay, I wouldn't have tried this in years.
you mean u bought 130w panel for 20k? pls who is the seller?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by 9ijaprince(m): 3:58pm On Dec 21, 2017
Long time guys.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Feshizzy(m): 8:02am On Dec 22, 2017
kio052001:
gotv should not be more than 15watts
0.8 x 12v x 18Ah = 172.8 20watts + 15watts = 35watts
172.8/35 = 4.937
it should getting nothing less than 4h 30mins
Just to add a little cheery on top! Taking the 18ah all out from a battery isn't even possible, As those are mostly brand figure, True figures ranges from 70% to 90% of the brand rating !
Cheers

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Feshizzy(m): 8:04am On Dec 22, 2017
Xtfield:

Be careful with such kind of chinese inverter,
They aren't really used for prolonged usage,
As they lack durability
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Xtfield(m): 11:23am On Dec 22, 2017
Feshizzy:

Be careful with such kind of chinese inverter,
They aren't really used for prolonged usage,
As they lack durability
I bought the inverter in 2010, used it till 2011 when the battery needed replacement. Since then, it had been in my store until I dug it out recently. So its not a new product.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Xtfield(m): 11:53am On Dec 22, 2017
coachee:

you mean u bought 130w panel for 20k? pls who is the seller?
chat me up on WhatsApp: zeroeightonezeroninenineonenineninedoublesix. I will link you up with the seller
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Yemmyteespeed007(m): 12:44pm On Dec 22, 2017
Xtfield:
chat me up on WhatsApp: zeroeightonezeroninenineonenineninedoublesix. I will link you up with the seller

I'm interested.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Gentlevin: 3:33pm On Dec 22, 2017
Xtfield:
bro is it a mono solar panel u got for 20k?......And pls can d seller send it to other state?....pls reply
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Leopantro: 7:34pm On Dec 22, 2017
how many batteries can be charged at the same time with the 12v 20A battery charger
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Valto(m): 11:28pm On Dec 22, 2017
Gentlevin:
bro is it a mono solar panel u got for 20k?......And pls can d seller send it to other state?....pls reply
solar panel prices have gone down a bit. i bought a very good 150w mono solar panel for 25k last month at ojo alaba lagos
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by pakingzzzzz(m): 3:03pm On Dec 23, 2017
Leopantro:
how many batteries can be charged at the same time with the 12v 20A battery charger

Are you still interested in that sine wave inverter tutorial videos?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Leopantro: 4:59pm On Dec 23, 2017
pakingzzzzz:

Are you still interested in that sine wave inverter tutorial videos?

oh yes i am.
my apologies, i have been very busy trying to survive and manage through the Christmas period.
i just bought two 150Ah inverter battery from a bank for 30k ; they were replacing their stack of ATM batteries. will acquire more in January and need to learn how to build an inverter myself. the local one i was using caught fire and i don't trust buying another one.

i seem to have a problem with my suder battery charger. when i connect it to the battery the red light turns on and the fan starts up indicating it is charging.however, after 3 to 5 seconds it trips off, the light turns to green and the fan stops. when i try out the battery it's not charged.
Any solution?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by pakingzzzzz(m): 6:18pm On Dec 23, 2017
Leopantro:

oh yes i am.
my apologies, i have been very busy trying to survive and manage through the Christmas period.
i just bought two 150Ah inverter battery from a bank for 30k ; they were replacing their stack of ATM batteries. will acquire more in January and need to learn how to build an inverter myself. the local one i was using caught fire and i don't trust buying another one.

i seem to have a problem with my suder battery charger. when i connect it to the battery the red light turns on and the fan starts up indicating it is charging.however, after 3 to 5 seconds it trips off, the light turns to green and the fan stops. when i try out the battery it's not charged.
Any solution?

Alright. Perhaps the voltage sensing is malfunctioned and keeps thinking the battery is full.
Call me anytime you need it.
0,9,0,2,9,3,6 5,0,8,3
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Leopantro: 7:17pm On Dec 23, 2017
Yemmyteespeed007:
if you get battery charger wey don spoil, I need it to experiment.

and I fit repair chargers

i have a transformerless 12v 20ah triple phase smart battery charger that goes off after 3 seconds when i use it to try and charge a battery i.e the light turns red for some seconds then turns back to green. what could be wrong with it?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by kiekie1(m): 7:22pm On Dec 23, 2017
Leopantro:

oh yes i am.

Any solution?

Hello, I really wonder why some inverter users prefer buying a separate suder charger when you can get a more satisfactory result in procuring a brand new mercury / bluegate 12-24v modified sine wave inverter within 35-50k or half the prices for fairly new with clean board sold by client's who upgraded their power system's ... The above listed inverters are affordable , they also have inbuilt 10-20a charge current and also compatible with most generators . Suder max charging current isn't upto 30a , ranging from 30-50a suder , you get around 24-27a max current. If only you do your calculations right, few years ago mercury 1.2kva 12v sold as low as 15-20k but now I can sell at 30k , meanwhile suder alone sells for 15-25k pending on the seller !!

2 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Leopantro: 7:48pm On Dec 23, 2017
kiekie1:

Hello, I really wonder why some inverter users prefer buying a separate suder charger when you can get a more satisfactory result in procuring a brand new mercury / bluegate 12-24v modified sine wave inverter within 35-50k or half the prices for fairly new with clean board sold by client's who upgraded their power system's ... The above listed inverters are affordable , they also have inbuilt 10-20a charge current and also compatible with most generators . Suder max charging current isn't upto 30a , ranging from 30-50a suder , you get around 24-27a max current. If only you do yourmy s calculations right, few years ago mercury 1.2kva 12v sold as low as 15-20k but now I can sell at 30k , meanwhile suder alone sells for 15-25k pending on the seller !!

let's see, i bought my suder when it was 8k. the inverter i have is 1ka for 15k. total was 23k. have been using it for a long time before the battery died. so cost wise when i bought it, it was more profitable than buying a sine wave inverter. as long as the inverter doesn't spoil, it's still profitable FOR ME. it's when both the charger and the inverter decides to pack up or i get the additional batteries i'm expecting next month, then i will buy the inverter you talked about.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Yemmyteespeed007(m): 9:10pm On Dec 23, 2017
Leopantro:

i have a transformerless 12v 20ah triple phase smart battery charger that goes off after 3 seconds when i use it to try and charge a battery i.e the light turns red for some seconds then turns back to green. what could be wrong with it?

what happens when you didn't attach the battery?
hope the battery is not overloading the charger

whats the measured output voltage of the charger
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Leopantro: 9:21pm On Dec 23, 2017
Yemmyteespeed007:

what happens when you didn't attach the battery?
hope the battery is not overloading the charger

whats the measured output voltage of the charger

when it's not attached to the battery it does not nothing.
when it's connected to the battery but not switched on, the green light goes on but the meter does not register any voltage change.
when it is switeched on the green light turns to red, the small fan at the back starts and the meter measures 12v .
after about 3 seconds, the fan stops and the red light turns to green.
the battery charger has a turning nob in front with which the charging voltage can be changed from 40ah, 40- 80ah and > 120 ah.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by kiekie1(m): 9:59pm On Dec 23, 2017
Leopantro:

let's see, i bought my suder when it was 8k. the inverter i have is 1ka for 15k. total was 23k. have been using it for a long time before the battery died. so cost wise when i bought it, it was more profitable than buying a sine wave inverter. as long as the inverter doesn't spoil, it's still profitable FOR ME. it's when both the charger and the inverter decides to pack up or i get the additional batteries i'm expecting next month, then i will buy the inverter you talked about.

Lol.. If you clearly observe , when you got suder for 8k ,mercury 1.2kva 12v was selling below 18k with an inbuilt functional charging circuitry which can be maintained at anytime "kobian tech"... I Will only presume your inverter had no charger or its internal charging circuitry damaged beyond repair before you opted in for an external charger tho ... Cheer's

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Leopantro: 10:19pm On Dec 23, 2017
kiekie1:

Lol.. If you clearly observe , when you got suder for 8k ,mercury 1.2kva 12v was selling below 18k with an inbuilt functional charging circuitry which can be maintained at anytime "kobian tech"... I Will only presume your inverter had no charger or its internal charging circuitry damaged beyond repair before you opted in for an external charger tho ... Cheer's

read what saint2ace wrote, the page number and the date.
note where i asked my questions. back then nobody was talking about 1.2kva 12v inverters in the first 11 pages of the thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/2428983/how-create-locally-made-inverter/11

since you are vast and knowledge about the subject, you don't need to presume how ineffective my setup is. i came online to enquire how to repair my charger. as a businessman, rather than see a new customer you can convince to get your product , you assume I'm a miser and degraded what i have been using for the past two years without problem. ceejay80 introduced me into the world of inverters which i started small, bought 3 of such chargers from him and batteries as well and sold to others, takes his time to explain so that people appreciate him for that.. i now plan to upgrade my setup considering I'm getting extra batteries and if the charger is deemed irreparable.

my inverter setup is a suder battery charger and a 1kva inverter. i used the UPS format and it nearly burnt my house. my setup has functioned well for two years until the battery died.

is there a way you would have passed your information across in a less condescending way that others who visit this page and read it will appreciate what you wrote and contact you for business?

then again, why do i bother.

3 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by kiekie1(m): 10:36pm On Dec 23, 2017
Leopantro:

note where i asked my questions. back then nobody was talking about 1.2kva 12v inverters in the first 11 pages of the thread.

That should be 2 yrs ago if am right! He is on same page with me as I know prices I sold items then.. Read this lines where he discarded ups & external charger & wires issue in quote

"Good one ceejay80s but I would advise he skips the UPS and do a 1KVA inverter which costs about 20k, that way he skips the smart charger and wires too. "

This was amongst the uncountable reasons y soany client's stopped using modified wall mount marine inverters without any charging capability few years ago !! Let me see if I can get a pic of my inverter then

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by kiekie1(m): 10:55pm On Dec 23, 2017
Leopantro:

since you are vast and knowledge about the subject, you don't need to presume how ineffective my setup is. i came online to enquire how to repair my charger. as a businessman, rather than see a new customer you can convince to get your product , you assume I'm a miser and degraded what i have been using for the past two years without problem. ceejay80 introduced me into the world of inverters which i started small, bought 3 of such chargers from him and batteries as well and sold to others, takes his time to explain so that people appreciate him for that.. i now plan to upgrade my setup considering I'm getting extra batteries and if the charger is deemed irreparable.

my inverter setup is a suder battery charger and a 1kva inverter. i used the UPS format and it nearly burnt my house. my setup has functioned well for two years until the battery died.

is there a way you would have passed your information across in a less condescending way that others who visit this page and read it will appreciate what you wrote and contact you for business?

then again, why do i bother.

Nobody did all this you said , don't get it twisted ! I am not marketing anything to you .. Clients call at their convenience for lucid & vivid enquiries .. The link you sent was quite controversial as what I read contradicted the op ups list.. We learn daily ok... That happened few years ago , i only dropped an idea which anybody reading will definitely pick up 1 or 2 point ... Check my NL details for years and see I never forced a modified mercury on you but only raised it up as an upgrade advice tho knowing fully well that this is an interracial public fora .. We started by weighin between pros & cons abinitio ..You can still fix your suder charger , its your personal choice . !!! Cheer's

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Horlaarsco: 1:12pm On Dec 24, 2017
Who can help repair this type of battery stooped working I think it's a problem with the panel... The batteries should still be intact

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Xtfield(m): 2:50pm On Dec 24, 2017
Gentlevin:
Yes, it is mono and it was waybilled to me. I stay in Ado Ekiti, Ekiti State. The seller is a major importer of all solar related products. He has batteries, panels, solat blenders, fans, ac, clippers, fridge,etc.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Gentlevin: 3:47pm On Dec 24, 2017
Xtfield:
Yes, it is mono and it was waybilled to me. I stay in Ado Ekiti, Ekiti State. The seller is a major importer of all solar related products. He has batteries, panels, solat blenders, fans, ac, clippers, fridge,etc.
thanks bro. can u pls give me his contact.....I will need few stuffs....the prices of solar products in my state is killing.......
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Xtfield(m): 4:04pm On Dec 24, 2017
Gentlevin:
thanks bro. can u pls give me his contact.....I will need few stuffs....the prices of solar products in my state is killing.......
WhatsApp me. I don't want to be banned. zero8onezerodouble9onedouble9double6
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Yemmyteespeed007(m): 4:18pm On Dec 24, 2017
Horlaarsco:
Who can help repair this type of battery stooped working I think it's a problem with the panel... The batteries should still be intact

is anything burnt on the circuit board.

(1) (2) (3) ... (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) ... (356) (Reply)

Www.waptrick.com Download Game , Mp3, Music ,apps / Www.waptrick.com | Download Games | Music | Videos | Apps

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.