Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,586 members, 7,847,467 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 06:05 PM

How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease - Science/Technology (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease (701474 Views)

17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone / The Locally-Made Vehicle I Saw In Aba - Pictures / Locally Made Amphibian Jet Spotted At Lagos Stadium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (357) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 5:13am On Dec 13, 2015
Attention:
i dont know if all inverters have an indicator or alarm that lets u know when ur battery is weak like ups , if they dont,i will strongly advice u buy a ups.
Batteries are the most important and most expensive of all ,so u need to take care of it like a baby, make sure u use a smart charger in charging, make sure the battery dosent deplete or die on the ups when in use or at a stage ur battery that used to power ur appliance for about 15hrs wont be lasting upto 1hr or even 30mins,these batteries can last upto 1-2yrs or more if properly taken care of and if u dont take care of it,u will surely replace the battery often ,. Thats why i strongly recommend a ups and most importantly do not overload,if u have change over switch make sure ur iron,industrial fans,ac,fridges etc are not connected to the ups change over, if u think 650va ups is small for u, u can get a 1.5kva ups or 1.2kva ups that uses one battery

calculate how much fuel u buy on generators a month, u will sure want to take my route
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by fixedhollies(m): 7:43am On Dec 13, 2015
bobojoshua:

what is the rating and price of the ipo4 battery?

I was given the two batteries I have... I think it will cost about 15k or more. That was d kind of battery used in 2007 for election. I think what matter is to get a battery u can recharge even a car battery. I have a portable charger 4 a car battery. Get d battery 4 around 10k I think, get a charger, and buy an inverter from China, 1000wat inverter is not up to 10k. Mine is 200watt which I got around 3k.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by bishop4life(m): 8:10am On Dec 13, 2015
ceejay80s:

yes!
Thanks
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 9:48am On Dec 13, 2015
fixedhollies:

I was given the two batteries I have... I think it will cost about 15k or more. That was d kind of battery used in 2007 for election. I think what matter is to get a battery u can recharge even a car battery . I have a portable charger 4 a car battery. Get d battery 4 around 10k I think, get a charger, and buy an inverter from China, 1000wat inverter is not up to 10k. Mine is 200watt which I got around 3k.
dont try the bold sentence above. Car batteries will work but u will keep replacing it every 1-3 month while a good inverter battery will go for years
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by fixedhollies(m): 11:52am On Dec 13, 2015
ceejay80s:

dont try the bold sentence above. Car batteries will work but u will keep replacing it every 1-3 month while a good inverter battery will go for years

Thanks Bro...
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by bobojoshua(m): 6:04pm On Dec 13, 2015
Can I get the contact of the guy you bought the battery from. Thanks
Yes u can get a 20watts 15inch monitor ,most 15inch monitors come with a
power adapter, its from the power adapter that u can calculate the watts, my
15inch came with a power adapter of 60watts, I had to buy another 12v
adapter , I needed the lcd wattage to be low, remember, the lower the watts of
ur appliance, the longer ur battery can carry ..,
I bought a 12v--- 2.0A power cable for my 15inch .
12v multiply by 2.0A = 24watts.
NOTE: my 32inch lcd is 160watts, so its always on when there is light, but
wen nepa carry light, I switch it off completely, I had to get a very small
extension box with a switch on it, so as to make sure its turned off completely,
because if its still on standby mode, it will still draw little current.
Below is the photo of the power adapter I bought for my 15inch, 15inch lcd
monitor with AV input is available at computer village as from 5k, if u are
buying one, make sure it has an AV input, where u plug in ur video in and
audio in cable, if u no smart those boys go carry ordinary PC monitor give u,
How long will a 160Watts 32inch lcd TV last on my 12v 40ah battery ?
12v multiply by 40ah battery divide by 160watts =3hrs
12v multiply by 40ah battery divided by 24watts = 20hrs[/quote]
( Quote) ( Report) (Like ) ( Share)
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by pato405(m): 10:32pm On Dec 13, 2015
ceejay80s:
Attention:
i dont know if all inverters have an indicator or alarm that lets u know when ur battery is weak like ups , if they dont,i will strongly advice u buy a ups.
Batteries are the most important and most expensive of all ,so u need to take care of it like a baby, make sure u use a smart charger in charging, make sure the battery dosent deplete or die on the ups when in use or at a stage ur battery that used to power ur appliance for about 15hrs wont be lasting upto 1hr or even 30mins,these batteries can last upto 1-2yrs or more if properly taken care of and if u dont take care of it,u will surely replace the battery often ,. Thats why i strongly recommend a ups and most importantly do not overload,if u have change over switch make sure ur iron,industrial fans,ac,fridges etc are not connected to the ups change over, if u think 650va ups is small for u, u can get a 1.5kva ups or 1.2kva ups that uses one battery

calculate how much fuel u buy on generators a month, u will sure want to take my route

yes inverters have alarm system. my 150watt inverter has it, turns red and beeps continuously to alert you that the battery is low..then I'll simply off it. quite frankly since I set up mine, my generator has gone on holidays. I don't even remember I have gen anymore. as I type this now, its on. ...and again, guy, like seriously, this 10watt fan is just unbelievable the thing dey blow standard quality breeezzzze!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 2:01am On Dec 14, 2015
pato405:

yes inverters have alarm system. my 150watt inverter has it, turns red and beeps continuously to alert you that the battery is low..then I'll simply off it. quite frankly since I set up mine, my generator has gone on holidays. I don't even remember I have gen anymore. as I type this now, its on. ...and again, guy, like seriously, this 10watt fan is just unbelievable the thing dey blow standard quality breeezzzze!!!!!
my guy the 10watts fan is just superb, na hin i take sleep now, and its been on since 7pm wey nepa carry light till 2am now, e dey blow superb breeze, i prefer it to 35watt standing fan, e no dey occupy space for house
please give us make and model of ur inverter and also photo of it and the sellers shop address and phone number, it ok since it has an alarm system that indicates when battery is low, thats the most important thing, give us the specifications.
So nairalanders can choose which one to for,
390watt 650va ups or 150watt inverte
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 2:23am On Dec 14, 2015
on saturday a nairalander brought a 2tb external hard drive to copy movies from my own 2tb hdd and it takes about 22hrs to copy all contents to another hdd,
when he came around 12pm on saturday,there was no light, i put on my mini inverter and started copying, my inverter as on from 12pm on saturday till 7pm when nepa brought back light and took it again by 10pm , my inverter & laptop was still on and copying till the next day 8am when nepa brought light again and took the light by 10am , the files were still copying and ended on sunday at 2:30pm before nepa now brought back my light.
I come dey wonder for my mind, what if i dey use generator to copy the 2tb large file? this mini technic doesn't cost much ,it saves u a whole lot of money

get urs as soon as possible make ur home no dey dull dis xmas time, remember say the sellers fit travel for xmas and nepa fit disappoint us as dem dey do on xmas holidays

3 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 8:28am On Dec 14, 2015
If u can't assemble it ur self ,u can call me, I will come over and do it for u, please don't attempt try and luck, these 12v batteries are dangerous when not properly connected, even a short circuit can cause fire

2 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by vansledge(m): 9:46am On Dec 14, 2015
OP, can i get a good 32inches tv wit low wattage (like 50wat), as for the low wattage fan, is it a standing fan or table own
Thanks
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 10:08am On Dec 14, 2015
vansledge:
OP, can i get a good 32inches tv wit low wattage (like 50wat), as for the low wattage fan, is it a standing fan or table own
Thanks
Yes u can for 32inch but no go buy one unknown lcd wey go get parts for market, go for led 32inch led TV have lower watts than lcd TV , 60,70,80 watts is ok
Standing or table fan is ok, but check the back head of the fan for the watts of the fan, 35watt and below is ok
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by vansledge(m): 10:29am On Dec 14, 2015
thanks boss @OP, for the smart charger which product sholud i buy (or how much wil it cost for u to buy it, ups and send it to ph)
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by pato405(m): 10:51am On Dec 14, 2015
ceejay80s:

my guy the 10watts fan is just superb, na hin i take sleep now, and its been on since 7pm wey nepa carry light till 2am now, e dey blow superb breeze, i prefer it to 35watt standing fan, e no dey occupy space for house
please give us make and model of ur inverter and also photo of it and the sellers shop address and phone number, it ok since it has an alarm system that indicates when battery is low, thats the most important thing, give us the specifications.
So nairalanders can choose which one to for,
390watt 650va ups or 150watt inverte

Ceejay, I don't know the make/model o! I just stumbled into a guy who said he had battery and inverter for sale...then I thought..wait a minute, 'I think I need those' so I bargained 3k for the inverter - which he gladly sold, and 10k for the 100AH battery. However, I think I lost on the battery as it wasn't well maintained. Looks new outside but not really alive inside..perhaps because, as he claimed, he has left it unused for a very long time. On a 30 watt load, the battery lasts only 6hours. By my calculation, this is equivalent to 180watt-hours (30wX6hrs). if you divide by 12V, you'll simply get 15AH...this means that 85AH has been used away...that's a BIG loss o! Anyway, you win some, you lose some. I have seen Ugo (the Oshodi guy) and told him that I need a very good 80AH battery. he said 13k. I think I can combine both to get around 95AH and number of hours expected= 95 X12 = 1140 watt hours which on 30watt load could last up to 38hrs! (1140WH/30W)Na cash I just need now, to get that battery! meanwhile see my pix attached.

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by pato405(m): 11:00am On Dec 14, 2015
N.B: The Change-over switch is NOT for PHCN. It's to enable me change between inverter and charging - this prevents me from touching the battery - which I have already connected to the handle of the change-over and hidden away. Like I earlier explained I fear touching the aligator clips, naturally I fear batteries - so, I connected it to the change-over and his it away. If I want to charge the batteries, I have connected one end of it to the charger and the other end to the inverter, while the handle is attached to the battery.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 3:34pm On Dec 14, 2015
pato405:

Ceejay, I don't know the make/model o! I just stumbled into a guy who said he had battery and inverter for sale...then I thought..wait a minute, 'I think I need those' so I bargained 3k for the inverter - which he gladly sold, and 10k for the 100AH battery. However, I think I lost on the battery as it wasn't well maintained. Looks new outside but not really alive inside..perhaps because, as he claimed, he has left it unused for a very long time. On a 30 watt load, the battery lasts only 6hours. By my calculation, this is equivalent to 180watt-hours (30wX6hrs). if you divide by 12V, you'll simply get 15AH...this means that 85AH has been used away...that's a BIG loss o! Anyway, you win some, you lose some. I have seen Ugo (the Oshodi guy) and told him that I need a very good 80AH battery. he said 13k. I think I can combine both to get around 95AH and number of hours expected= 95 X12 = 1140 watt hours which on 30watt load could last up to 38hrs! (1140WH/30W)Na cash I just need now, to get that battery! meanwhile see my pix attached.

My advise: don't combine a good battery with a bad one

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by pato405(m): 3:37pm On Dec 14, 2015
ceejay80s:

My advise: don't combine a good battery with a bad one

Ok. I'll just use only the new one then. BTW, I'm still searching for a good one within the range of 6k-8k..that's my budget. if you know of anyone else apart from ugo, who has a good battery in stock now, kindly drop his number. Tnx
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Bosc(m): 5:54pm On Dec 14, 2015
I need to know how much a good 100mAh - 200mAh battery (brand new one) will cost @ Lag. I need to buy one to start with. Im based in Asaba.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 6:03pm On Dec 14, 2015
vansledge:
thanks boss @OP, for the smart charger which product sholud i buy (or how much wil it cost for u to buy it, ups and send it to ph)
Depends on ur pocket and battery and how many hours a day u have light in ur area, 20amp is ok 7k
Check page 1,2 or three, I have uploaded a picture of the one i am using
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 6:06pm On Dec 14, 2015
pato405:

Ok. I'll just use only the new one then. BTW, I'm still searching for a good one within the range of 6k-8k..that's my budget. if you know of anyone else apart from ugo, who has a good battery in stock now, kindly drop his number. Tnx
If u continue to look for cheap batteries ,u will eventually end up buying bad batteries, close I buy one is one
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by pato405(m): 7:23pm On Dec 14, 2015
ceejay80s:

If u continue to look for cheap batteries ,u will eventually end up buying bad batteries, close I buy one is one

grin grin grin true talk sha
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Ty207: 9:31pm On Dec 14, 2015
Am willing to swap my 650v working perfect UPS for 200watt inverter..

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by pato405(m): 10:17am On Dec 15, 2015
Ty207:
Am willing to swap my 650v working perfect UPS for 200watt inverter..

I'm willing to sell mine (650 VA MECURY UPS) for 2k ONLY!

It's working perectly
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by pato405(m): 10:20am On Dec 15, 2015
vansledge:

I have my UPS for sale, just 2k. I know its worth more than that because the 7.5Ah battery in it is working perfectly. However, I just wanna help and give it to some-one who needs it.

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by vansledge(m): 12:07pm On Dec 15, 2015
pato405:

I have my UPS for sale, just 2k. I know its worth more than that because the 7.5Ah battery in it is working perfectly. However, I just wanna help and give it to some-one who needs it.
your location?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by pato405(m): 12:22pm On Dec 15, 2015
vansledge:

your location?

Akoka. Simply PM me if you need it.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by martinz1: 3:12pm On Dec 15, 2015
pato405:
N.B: The Change-over switch is NOT for PHCN. It's to enable me change between inverter and charging - this prevents me from touching the battery - which I have already connected to the handle of the change-over and hidden away. Like I earlier explained I fear touching the aligator clips, naturally I fear batteries - so, I connected it to the change-over and his it away. If I want to charge the batteries, I have connected one end of it to the charger and the other end to the inverter, while the handle is attached to the battery.

Bro u are having a bad connection here remove the charger output from the change over asap
.note: the charger cable contains pure copper to minimize energy lost and to withstand the battery heavy current and it should be a short cable. Battery cables are not the same with normal nepa electricity cables.. Battery cables are designed to carry high amp which the battery can discharge per hour.
If u you use NEPA electricity cables connected to you battery to charge it. It might not charge your battery properly and it can damage your deep cycle battery.
So therefore the charger cables has to be constantly connected to positive and negative terminals of the battery . don't worry or border about removing them during discharging period or charging period
U can run your inverter/ups directly connected to the battery just the way your charger is also connected to the battery
The change over switch should be for changing between phcn/generator supply or inverter supply for home usage and not for battery change over
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Ty207: 3:32pm On Dec 15, 2015
pato405:

I'm willing to sell mine (650 VA MECURY UPS) for 2k ONLY!

It's working perectly

i want inverter not ups...my ups is working fine...am not just okay with the beeping sound.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by hotmolo(m): 7:05pm On Dec 15, 2015
pato405:
bro ur setup got e a lil confused? can u pls help me explain d principle of ur set up. wats d point of d change over? isnt it automatic?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by pato405(m): 8:04pm On Dec 15, 2015
hotmolo:
bro ur setup got e a lil confused? can u pls help me explain d principle of ur set up. wats d point of d change over? isnt it automatic?

change-over just enables me switch the battery between inverter and charger!
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Cjsmack(m): 12:51am On Dec 16, 2015
pato405:

change-over just enables me switch the battery between inverter and charger!
Pls uninstall the change over switch connection bro.. It might be dropping voltage from the battery without you knowing..

Pls note that you are not to use any length of cable to connect your battery to your inverter or ups.. The longer the cable the more the voltage drop.. The lesser the cable, the less the voltage drop..

The diameter of the cable used should also be greatly considered.. The smaller it is.. The more it resists the free flow of current.. Causing a voltage drop too.. In such case, when you touch the cable you'd notice it's hot.

So always use appropriate cable sizing to connect your battery to your inverter..

Thanks

5 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 3:53am On Dec 16, 2015
Cjsmack:

Pls uninstall the change over switch connection bro.. It might be dropping voltage from the battery without you knowing..

Pls note that you are not to use any length of cable to connect your battery to your inverter or ups.. The longer the cable the more the voltage drop.. The lesser the cable, the less the voltage drop..

The diameter of the cable used should also be greatly considered.. The smaller it is.. The more it resists the free flow of current.. Causing a voltage drop too.. In such case, when you touch the cable you'd notice it's hot.

So always use appropriate cable sizing to connect your battery to your inverter..

Thanks
I wonder why he installed a change over in the first place, since the ups is automatic and switches to battery mode when there's no light, the bolded part above very very true

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (357) (Reply)

Www.waptrick.com Download Game , Mp3, Music ,apps / Www.waptrick.com | Download Games | Music | Videos | Apps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.