Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,771 members, 7,831,478 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease - Science/Technology (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease (696389 Views)

17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone / The Locally-Made Vehicle I Saw In Aba - Pictures / Locally Made Amphibian Jet Spotted At Lagos Stadium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (356) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by kokozain(m): 11:26am On Dec 09, 2015
This is awesome!
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 11:29am On Dec 09, 2015
jerrygh:

pls i am in Ghana, i will need this very urgently. can u help me with the construction. i will pay for it. this is my number. +233 576406116 my name is jerry watsapp only
+2347032659200
+2348028789799
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Chigorkizz(m): 11:34am On Dec 09, 2015
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by sagieramos(m): 11:36am On Dec 09, 2015
engrshakespeare:

Bro why u dey worry yourself with that bonehead
I dey tel u, d guy no even knw d meaning of invention
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by martinz1: 11:38am On Dec 09, 2015
Damytechs:
Please who can tell me where i can buy powerbank for laptop.... 48ah,12v
pls contact me!!!!
Call me check my profile
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 11:41am On Dec 09, 2015
onos217:
Op,what about the UPS Charging System,what did you do it or does it means you have two charging systems,charging your battery?Please I need a bit of explanation on this.Thanks
ups are also smart in charging and when it detects that the battery of any amp connected to is is full, it stops charging
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by engrshakespeare: 11:57am On Dec 09, 2015
ceejay80s:
I don't even have time for generator , as long as my battery is charged and it can power my lcd and gotv for 7-8hr , I am ok, when cash enter my hand I go buy one more of this battery join in parallel to make 12v 40ah + 12v 40ah =80ah (longer watch time)

God bless u bro, pls how do u connect in parallel
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Youngzedd(m): 1:29pm On Dec 09, 2015
Can you give me the spec that can power small refrigerator, Standing fan, 24 inch LED TV, Decoder and woofer?

Cc: ceejay80s
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ColeworldMD(m): 1:42pm On Dec 09, 2015
lwise:

Lol, the minimum wattage for Iron is 500W, dont just try it. Just iron your cloth when you have PHCN or with Generator.
Pressing iron will surely destroy the ba3s.,it's like connecting electric cooker to your inverter.
Haha.. Thanks for averting a disaster waiting to happen cheesy cheesy
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Canme4u(m): 1:54pm On Dec 09, 2015
Nice OP, may God bless you front and back.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by cstravelsng: 2:14pm On Dec 09, 2015
Ceejay80s, you never reply my earlier post on page 10....

Make I call you?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 3:27pm On Dec 09, 2015
cstravelsng:
@ceejay80s, though everyone has said it, I will still say kudos and bravo! This thread is away better and more relevant than the tonto duke nonsense threads that regularly hit FP.

Anyway, I'm sold on this idea...as well as some input from guys like lwise and ojomide.

Now my question to you guys:

I have a LED that's 74W, as well as a DSTV HD decoder, startimes and a Sony Home theatre. I also have one of those rechargeable fans which sadly doesn't last more than 30mins anymore. I don't mind turning the home theatre off but I definitely don't wanna buy a small screen. Also having a few lights on as well won't be bad.

What equipment will I require to become 'oga' like you guys are when PHCN hold the power?
sorry for missing ur question.
All u need is a
650ups = 1,500
100ah battery= 17k
or
200ah battery =27k-30k
20amp smart charger = 7k
or
30amp smart charger =10k
wire and celotape = 300naira
hope i've answered ur question
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 4:14pm On Dec 09, 2015
Youngzedd:
Can you give me the spec that can power small refrigerator, Standing fan, 24 inch LED TV, Decoder and woofer?

smart charger= 7k
12v 100ah = 17k
or
12v 200ah= 27-30k
650va ups = 1,500
wire and celotape= 300
dont add the small fridge and woofer unless ur woofer is below 35watts
use ur fridge with nepa so dat ur battery will last long
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by sunnedee: 4:33pm On Dec 09, 2015
Hi ceejay80s.
I have just sent you a PM.
Please reply.

Meanwhile for this to work, you need the following:
A 12v 40ah battery
A UPS (650va) and
A smart charger.

Can anybody explain what the function of the UPS is? Since you already have the 12v 40ah battery.
Is it to serve as an additional power source (it contains its own battery)
Or is it to serve as an easy outlet for plugging your electronics?
You mentioned empty UPS. Does that mean you can use a UPS without a battery? i.e just the shell?

Sorry, Don't mind my questions. I am not too good with tech or DIY things.

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Liadi2(m): 6:12pm On Dec 09, 2015
sunnedee:
Hi ceejay80s.
I have just sent you a PM.
Please reply.

Meanwhile for this to work, you need the following:
A 12v 40ah battery
A UPS (650va) and
A smart charger.

Can anybody explain what the function of the UPS is? Since you already have the 12v 40ah battery.
Is it to serve as an additional power source (it contains its own battery)
Or is it to serve as an easy outlet for plugging your electronics?
You mentioned empty UPS. Does that mean you can use a UPS without a battery? i.e just the shell?

Sorry, Don't mind my questions. I am not too good with tech or DIY things.

a ups is an interrupted power supply wic conversation a DC to AC, as it was known that most of electronics gadget conversation the AC to DC while electrical gadget make use of the AC direct
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Youngzedd(m): 7:12pm On Dec 09, 2015
ceejay80s:

smart charger= 7k
12v 100ah = 17k
or
12v 200ah= 27-30k
650va ups = 1,500
wire and celotape= 300
dont add the small fridge and woofer unless ur woofer is below 35watts
use ur fridge with nepa so dat ur battery will last long

I heard used battery is not advisable.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 7:35pm On Dec 09, 2015
Youngzedd:

I heard used battery is not advisable.
says who?
The first used battery i bought was 12v 18ah in january 2014 and i am still using it till 2day with my connection

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by saint2ace(m): 7:40pm On Dec 09, 2015
Youngzedd:

ceejay80s:

sorry for missing ur question.
All u need is a
650ups = 1,500
100ah battery= 17k
or
200ah battery =27k-30k
20amp smart charger = 7k
or
30amp smart charger =10k
wire and celotape = 300naira
hope i've answered ur question

Good one ceejay80s but I would advise he skips the UPS and do a 1KVA inverter which costs about 20k, that way he skips the smart charger and wires too. The inverter is better equipped to handle the surge experienced during startup of the compressor of the small fridge after which it drops. It can also be integrated into the wiring of the house, but he might need to monitor what comes on or off.
Hope this was helpful. Regards

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by martinz1: 7:49pm On Dec 09, 2015
You guys should bear in mind that ups is not designed for long duration of use. Like 8 hours. The inverter component might get too hot.
Its designed for short back up during power failure.
To use it for long period u might need to include those tiny cooling fan inside the device.. Because all inverters has an air cooling system inside it

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by saint2ace(m): 7:52pm On Dec 09, 2015
martinz1:
You guys should bear in mind that ups is not designed for long duration of use. Like 8 hours. The inverter component might get too hot.
To use it for long period u might need to include those tiny cooling fan inside the device.. Because all inverters has an air cooling system inside it

Exactly, while we look at affordability we should also consider safety.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Youngzedd(m): 8:34pm On Dec 09, 2015
saint2ace:

Youngzedd:

[color=#006600][/color]

Good one ceejay80s but I would advise he skips the UPS and do a 1KVA inverter which costs about 20k, that way he skips the smart charger and wires too. The inverter is better equipped to handle the surge experienced during startup of the compressor of the small fridge after which it drops. It can also be integrated into the wiring of the house, but he might need to monitor what comes on or off.
Hope this was helpful. Regards

So with the inverter, all I need is just battery?

Also will 1kva power all the appliances?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by saint2ace(m): 8:44pm On Dec 09, 2015
Youngzedd:

So with the inverter, all I need is just battery?

Also will 1kva power all the appliances?

Yes a 1kva inverter only needs to be connected to the battery or batteries, and it will power what u just stated; but be mindful of what ceejay80s said that the more u add the less ur usage time and that's why his setup is unique cos it restricts too much load as well as being cost efficient.

So I would suggest you look at ur load; how long u want ur setup to last b4 u make a final decision as to what you want done.

Just for info sake, the 1kva with a 200mah battery fully charged with what u stated above will take u for about 5-7hrs knock off the fridge and u get an extra 3hrs. Regards
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Youngzedd(m): 8:58pm On Dec 09, 2015
saint2ace:
[color=#006600][/color]

Yes a 1kva inverter only needs to be connected to the battery or batteries, and it will power what u just stated; but be mindful of what ceejay80s said that the more u add the less ur usage time and that's why his setup is unique cos it restricts too much load as well as being cost efficient.

So I would suggest you look at ur load; how long u want ur setup to last b4 u make a final decision as to what you want done.

Just for info sake, the 1kva with a 200mah battery fully charged with what u stated above will take u for about 5-7hrs knock off the fridge and u get an extra 3hrs. Regards

Thanks.

Solar can be integrated to it right?

Also, what company have the best inverter and battery?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by saint2ace(m): 9:12pm On Dec 09, 2015
[color=#006600][/color]
Youngzedd:

Thanks.

Solar can be integrated to it right?

Also, what company have the best inverter and battery?

Yes u can integrate solar panels to it, but that means getting a solar charge controller to convert the solar energy to DC current to power ur inverter charging system. There are companies on konga that offer the full package, I can't give u a price range as u might need to research to find out what suits ur pocket and what brand appeals to you.

Personally I don't believe in brand names, though I know some are better than others but it all depends on how well u manage ur setup.

If u're looking at cheap then mercury and famicare can do it for u, while if u have some cash to spare luminous, Icellpower and the famicare 2.5kva inverter with built-in solar charge controller is cool.

For batteries mercury, luminous, sukam, ritar, quanta, sinergy and leoch are all good brands, but a smart charger added to the system will go a long way. But like I said it all depends on ur finances.

Regards
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 4:34am On Dec 10, 2015
martinz1:
i have been powering my appliances with ups for more than 19hrs a day. The ups is designed for short backup and also can stand long backup too. Who says ups dont have surge protector? most ups has surge protector, just look at the back where u plug in appliances u will see its written there.
People always complain about their inverter not lasting like it used to when it was bought brand new ,its because they want to power everything in their home with it and at the end of the day they say the battery has gone bad. If u have a good refridgerator, u wont need to connect it to the inverter, atleast nepa dosent take away ur light for ever, get a good stabilizer for ur fridge or buy a small fridge that is also a freezer, its sold at lawanson, the fridge freezer is a small freezer. In one to two hours u freezer don block and it take some two day for the ice to melt,its sold at lawason for about 15k-20k tokumbn. So u dont need to always overload ur inverter.
All ur light bulb has to be changed to 15watts energy saving bulb or u construct one that the inverter can only power, i am telling nairalanders now all u need to do is dont overload,no fridge,no boiling ring,no pumping machine, no electric iron etc,
i am telling now ur battery should last 2yrs or more. Afterall nepa no fit carry light forever na
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by frehage: 5:21am On Dec 10, 2015
ceejay80s:

no , u are wrong, i have been powering my appliances with ups for more than 19hrs a day. The ups is designed for short backup and also can withstand long backup too. Who says ups dont have surge protector? most ups has surge protector, just look at the back where u plug in appliances u will see its written there

Please, is it possible to connect llike three 650va ups in parallel to create a 3KW inverter of sorts plus a 4KW battery bank to power a freezer(1000W), electronics(350W all together) and three energy saving light bulbs for 7 hours?

I guess a 650va ups can't handle a load of 1500W-2000W.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by saint2ace(m): 6:12am On Dec 10, 2015
frehage:

Please, is it possible to connect llike three 650va ups in parallel to create a 3KW inverter of sorts plus a 4KW battery bank to power a freezer(1000W), electronics(350W all together) and three energy saving light bulbs for 7 hours?

I guess a 650va ups can't handle a load of 1500W-2000W.

Bros u won build bomb? Lol, each of those UPS are meant to work independently, connecting a series of UPS together to achieve a higher capacity doesn't sound tidy, am not saying it's impossible oh. But if u're looking at using the UPS setup, why not build separate power ports to handle different parts of ur house alternatively u could just get an inverter with ur rated capacity to do the job eg 2kva, 2.5kva or 3kva, u can get a mercury 2.4kva for about 23k.

But let's be mindful and rmber what ceejay80s said that u don't need to overload ur setup, the fact that you now have ur own power source doesn't mean u have to overload it, cos that more u put on it the less ur battery life; and for optimal efficiency u must never put a load that's more than half the capacity of ur setup eg 1kva always put loads of 500watts and below for best performance, I'm not saying you can't go more but for best performance.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by keally: 6:25am On Dec 10, 2015
ceejay80s:
I now have two 12v 18ah , two 12v 42ah and one 12v 40ah making a total of 12v 160ah , all connected in parallel to my bluegate 650ups, it takes about 4-5hrs to fully charge.
NOTE: I did not completely deplete the battery powers before charging, I only used it for about 8hrs (15inch lcd,bluray dvd and my 10watts fan) before nepa surprise us with light, I made sure the smart charger is always on my batteries and plugged in my electricity wall socket , in case I no dey house and nepa bring light e go charge my battery for me, like seriously, I am enjoying it
. Guy, pls giv me ur no so I can call on U for assistance when I'm ready. Thanks
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by keally: 6:40am On Dec 10, 2015
britzz:

HELLO LANA I SUGGEST YOU GO TO SLEEP IF YOU DONT HAVE ANYTHING GOOD TO ADD TO THIS THREAD. I HAVE USED THE SOLAR SYSTEM SUCCESSFULLY FOR 16 MONTHS NOW WITHOUT A POWER FAILURE.THERE'S ABSOLUTELY NOTHING REGRETFUL ABOUT USING CLEAN ENERGY....IF ONE CANT AFFORD A GOOD SYSTEM OR HAVE FALLEN VICTIM TO QUACKS,THAT NOT GOOD REASON ENOUGH TO CONDEMN A TECHNOLOGY THAT HAVE SUSTAINED RURAL AND MOST URBAN COMMUNITIES EVEN IN DEVELOPED COUNTRIES
. Guy how can u assist me with the solar power alternative, it seems it will be more economically advantageous in the long run. Let me hav ur no here or email so I can reach U. Thanks
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by dollarnaira: 7:02am On Dec 10, 2015
TheSpellChecker:

Ha ha ha... actually, it's expatiate and not that rubbish you wrote there, okay? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Correct in love not in insult

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Bosc(m): 7:10am On Dec 10, 2015
smiley
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 7:23am On Dec 10, 2015
yes u can get solar charger,i here they are exensive, the only place i've seen it is at alaba. I no go put solar for my house now cos i go wake up one day i no go see am on my roof again, when i live for 2 storey building i go buy am,
everything wey get original and fake. There are so many good batteries and at same time bad ones, so many people sells batteries at oshodi but i buy from fat guy becos all the batteries i bought from him has not dissapointed.
The 1st tokumbo 12v 18ah i bought at oshodi january last year is working fine till today, the 2nd deep cycle 18ah i bought brand new at ikeja is working fine too but can u believe that i loaded both seperately on same load of lcd and bluray play and they both lastee same time and i bought the new 18ah 5k and the used 2,500
i hear people always wanting to always wanting to load fridge to or ceiling fan or pressing iron etc, does dat mean nepa wont brink the light again? Na wa o!
yes u can get solar charger,i here they are exensive, the only place i've seen it is at alaba. I no go put solar for my house now cos i go wake up one day i no go see am on my roof again, when i live for 2 storey building i go buy am,
everything wey get original and fake. There are so many good batteries and at same time bad ones, so many people sells batteries at oshodi but i buy from fat guy becos all the batteries i bought from him has not dissapointed.
The 1st tokumbo 12v 18ah i bought at oshodi january last year is working fine till today, the 2nd deep cycle 18ah i bought brand new at ikeja is working fine too but can u believe that i loaded both seperately on same load of lcd and bluray play and they both lastee same time and i bought the new 18ah 5k and the used 2,500
i hear people always wanting to always wanting to load fridge to or ceiling fan or pressing iron etc, does dat mean nepa wont brink the light again? Na wa o!

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (356) (Reply)

Www.waptrick.com Download Game , Mp3, Music ,apps / Www.waptrick.com | Download Games | Music | Videos | Apps

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.