Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,124 members, 7,818,368 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease - Science/Technology (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease (693147 Views)

17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone / The Locally-Made Vehicle I Saw In Aba - Pictures / Locally Made Amphibian Jet Spotted At Lagos Stadium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (356) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by saint2ace(m): 5:55pm On Feb 17, 2016
taiwooguns33:
The rate at which the price of this 20amps charger @ chidisam store at labinjo is getting costly almost every week is alarming. I bought 1 on 6th of February @ 8k,to my surprise d guy said it is 9k last today, I have no other options than to buy it. Am thinking of looking for d products elsewhere after today.

Lol Taiwooguns33 the excuse is always high exchange rate, abeg where did u get ur 200ah VRLA batteries? Is it brand new or used and what's the price range? Tnx
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by taiwooguns33(m): 6:36pm On Feb 17, 2016
saint2ace:

Lol Taiwooguns33 the excuse is always high exchange rate, abeg where did u get ur 200ah VRLA batteries? Is it brand new or used and what's the price range? Tnx
I don't want to comment much on d batteries for now,because am still testing it. Its full river Nigeria used @20k each in ojota.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Nobody: 12:13am On Feb 18, 2016
The problem is the dollar rate just keeps going up.

taiwooguns33:
The rate at which the price of this 20amps charger @ chidisam store at labinjo is getting costly almost every week is alarming. I bought 1 on 6th of February @ 8k,to my surprise d guy said it is 9k last today, I have no other options than to buy it. Am thinking of looking for d products elsewhere after today.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by FxDominion(m): 2:01am On Feb 18, 2016
taiwooguns33:
I don't want to comment much on d batteries for now,because am still testing it. Its full river Nigeria used @20k each in ojota.

Pls sir, precisely where in Ojota? Thanks for ur sincere response in advance
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by taiwooguns33(m): 6:17am On Feb 18, 2016
FxDominion:

Pls sir, precisely where in Ojota? Thanks for ur sincere response in advance
pls try to understand me,I don't want another person to fall victim. Pls let me complete the testing of d batteries.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by FxDominion(m): 6:44am On Feb 18, 2016
taiwooguns33:
pls try to understand me,I don't want another person to fall victim. Pls let me complete the testing of d batteries.

Thanks. I appreciate that. You are blessed.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Nobody: 11:18am On Feb 18, 2016
hello every1,pls can i us dz u.p.s 4 d local inverter setup and also will like 2 knw if it a 12v or 24v system,tanx

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Nobody: 11:23am On Feb 18, 2016
rear view

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 11:33am On Feb 18, 2016
habib55:
rear view

Bg 1200 is a 1.2kva bluegate ups
its a 24v ups
It will work but u will need 2 batteries, 100ah x2 or 200ah x2 or 40ah x2 etc and I think u will also need a 24v charger
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Nobody: 12:37pm On Feb 18, 2016
ceejay80s:

I think its a 24v ups
tanx,who both share same line of tinkin but afta carefull inpection i realize dt d batteries are in parallel connection,both red are 2geda same as d black cables.pls i will like 2 knw wot u tink.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 12:39pm On Feb 18, 2016
habib55:
tanx,who both share same line of tinkin but afta carefull inpection i realize dt d batteries are in parallel connection,both red are 2geda same as d black cables.pls i will like 2 knw wot u tink.
How many batteries does it use?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Nobody: 1:50pm On Feb 18, 2016
ceejay80s:
How many batteries does it use?
2 battery
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 2:36pm On Feb 18, 2016
habib55:
2 battery
24v
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Nobody: 4:43pm On Feb 18, 2016
ceejay80s:

Bg 1200 is a 1.2kva bluegate ups
its a 24v ups
It will work but u will need 2 batteries, 100ah x2 or 200ah x2 or 40ah x2 etc and I think u will also need a 24v charger
tanx,sorry am askin 2 many question,d ups has 2 transfomer which may be d reson why it 24v,will disconnection 1 of d transformer make d ups a 12v system.tanx
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 6:57pm On Feb 18, 2016
habib55:
tanx,sorry am askin 2 many question,d ups has 2 transfomer which may be d reson why it 24v,will disconnection 1 of d transformer make d ups a 12v system.tanx
When u disconnect one of the transformer, use one battery to test it to see if it will power the ups
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Nobody: 8:23pm On Feb 18, 2016
ceejay80s:

When u disconnect one of the transformer, use one battery to test it to see if it will power the ups
i disconnected 1 of d transformer den switched on d ups,there was no change in output voltage,no noticable change in d ups behavior/funtion,same amount of beeps,everall d ups d not sense any change.i also did some research online and arivd at d conclusn dat a 1200va ups produces 790w power while a 650va produces 390,d diff betwen dz 2 is dat d former has 2transfomer while d letter has 1trans.removin 1 transfomer 4rm my 1200va ups automatically brings it down 2 650va while other funtion remains constantwit all dz in mind i beliv dt my 1200va uses 12v batery system.pls wot do u tink.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by bishop4life(m): 11:39pm On Feb 18, 2016
habib55:
i disconnected 1 of d transformer den switched on d ups,there was no change in output voltage,no noticable change in d ups behavior/funtion,same amount of beeps,everall d ups d not sense any change.i also did some research online and arivd at d conclusn dat a 1200va ups produces 790w power while a 650va produces 390,d diff betwen dz 2 is dat d former has 2transfomer while d letter has 1trans.removin 1 transfomer 4rm my 1200va ups automatically brings it down 2 650va while other funtion remains constantwit all dz in mind i beliv dt my 1200va uses 12v batery system.pls wot do u tink.

You don't need to be told your ups is 12,
As long as it's connected in parallel.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by taiwooguns33(m): 10:27pm On Feb 19, 2016
TeOwl:
They sell distilled water in pharmacies.
do u mean. D popular drip ?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Pangea: 6:09am On Feb 20, 2016
Abeg
How much is the battery now?
And the charger?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by joehis2013: 11:51am On Feb 20, 2016
Im2Busy2Bother:

You will need:

No 1) A solar panel

No 2) A charge Controller

No 3) Wire to connect solar panel to charge Controller and battery

Will this setup work if the inverter is an UPS inverter ,will the inverter recharging the battery have any effect on the solar charge controller
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Naijaepic: 1:26pm On Feb 20, 2016
Any outlet that sell laboratories materials will sell you distilled water. I got it at rate of #120 per litre

taiwooguns33:
do u mean. D popular drip ?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Im2Busy2Bother: 2:32pm On Feb 20, 2016
joehis2013:

Will this setup work if the inverter is an UPS inverter ,will the inverter recharging the battery have any effect on the solar charge controller

The UPS and charger combo otherwise known in NL as UPS-inverter is same as the inverter . So to answer your question, it will work on it.No it will not have any effect on the solar charge controller.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by joehis2013: 4:16pm On Feb 20, 2016
Im2Busy2Bother:

The UPS and charger combo otherwise known in NL as UPS-inverter is same as the inverter . So to answer your question, it will work on it.No it will not have any effect on the solar charge controller.

Okay does it mean the battery can be charged with both ups inverter and solar charger at the same time without any effect to the setup
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Im2Busy2Bother: 4:24pm On Feb 20, 2016
joehis2013:

Okay does it meanhi the battery can be charged with both ups inverter and solar charger at the same time without any effect to the setup

Yeah. That can happen, so long as you have a charge controller , no wahala
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by joehis2013: 6:52pm On Feb 20, 2016
Im2Busy2Bother:

Yeah. That can happen, so long as you have a charge controller , no wahala

Okay thanks
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Im2Busy2Bother: 9:12pm On Feb 20, 2016
joehis2013:

Okay thanks

You are welcome
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Naijaepic: 8:45am On Feb 21, 2016
Yeah,it is good to know
Myth: The old myth about not storing batteries on concrete floors is just that - a myth. This story has been around for 100 years, and originated back when battery cases were made up of wood and asphalt. The acid would leak from them, and form a slow-discharging circuit through the now acid-soaked and conductive floor.

http://www.solar-electric.com/deep-cycle-battery-faq.html
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by martinz1: 10:43pm On Feb 21, 2016
habib55:
2 battery
if the two batteries are in parallel, then its a 12v system
but if its in series, then its a 24v system
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Nobody: 5:43pm On Feb 23, 2016
martinz1:
if the two batteries are in parallel, then its a 12v system but if its in series, then its a 24v system
Tanx
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by saint2ace(m): 6:46pm On Feb 24, 2016
taiwooguns33:

Oga Taiwo, u never test the battery finish? What's the verdict
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by taiwooguns33(m): 11:02pm On Feb 24, 2016
saint2ace:

Oga Taiwo, u never test the battery finish? What's the verdict
sincerely the batteries is not worthy of the price.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by saint2ace(m): 11:35pm On Feb 24, 2016
taiwooguns33:
sincerely the batteries is not worthy of the price.

Chai... sorry bro; I know the feeling, bought some used batteries last year I almost cry. But it's all part of the learning curve. Thanks for the info

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (356) (Reply)

Www.waptrick.com Download Game , Mp3, Music ,apps / Www.waptrick.com | Download Games | Music | Videos | Apps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.