Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,915 members, 7,828,197 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:52 AM

How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease - Science/Technology (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease (695492 Views)

17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone / The Locally-Made Vehicle I Saw In Aba - Pictures / Locally Made Amphibian Jet Spotted At Lagos Stadium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (356) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 5:56pm On Apr 08, 2016
officialfestus:

..........i greet oo oga ceejays,
Abeg 650va ups with 100ah deep cycle battery battery go fit power my 2 fans of 60watt each =120watt all together from 10pm to 6am i need ur reply oooo

Buy 150ah or 200ah and have peace of mind
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by admindim: 6:08pm On Apr 08, 2016
Inquiry visit repairelectronics.com.ng Gp star solar 11watts led 16inche dcfan works more than 30hours on a 7ah battery u can also connect it directly to ur inverter battery which can last u more than 100hours even if ur inverter battery is down solar 12volt dc led bulb 5watts also available solar dc power bank 5watts for chargeing of phone also available prize for normal rechargeable fan 12inches 10,000 table top 6hours
14inches 12,000 6hours duration
16inches. 14,000 7hours duration
18inches 18,000 available in stock
16inches 22,000 duration 24hours comes with ups for protection and fast chargeing

Solar fan 16inches 18,000 with solarpanel 6hours duration
Solarfan 16inches 28,000 with solarpanel and separate charge controller 24hours duration. We also deal on repair of inverter,ups,rechargeablefan original battery available in stock fake battery can be so frustrating
Battery prizes
6volt 4.5ah 1500
6volt 5.0ah 2,000
12volt 5ah 3500
12volt 7ah 4,000

12volt 200ahms 60,000
2volt 500ahms 35,000
sonik,qasa,daystar,bluecell,andriak https://www.nairaland.com/2951145/15watt-16inches-solar-rechargeable-fan

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by pat077: 6:22pm On Apr 08, 2016
timifakay:
Hello ceejay80s and all others who shared a bit of information or the other... I've been spurred to assemble a 200w solar panel, with a 10a to 60a MPPT charge controller, to a 200ah battery connected to a 1000w inverter today. So I'm still testing, will probably create a thread to give more details, but felt indebted to every contributor here who's input taught me a thing or the other.
By the way all parts were sourced for in Ibadan. No be only Lagos get better things.
pls, where in ibadan did u get them?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by afreekah: 6:31pm On Apr 08, 2016
timifakay:

Cost analysis: 200ah Leap Power Battery- 45,000
200w Solar panel- 40,000
12v 30a Charge Controller 17,500
1000w Inverter- 8,500
10 Yards 2-core cable- 6,000
Cable clips- 100
Taxi charter- 1,500
Tips- 200
Transportation to the market- 190
Carpenter- 1000
Total-119,990

Link me up with the seller please. I think giving his number here would be better.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Valto(m): 6:42pm On Apr 08, 2016
timifakay:

200w Solar panel- 40,000
1000w Inverter- 8,500
Cable clips- 100
Taxi charter- 1,500
Tips- 200
Carpenter- 1000
Total-119,990

this is nice. i cant see 12v smart battery charger on your list. does your 8k 1000w inverter come with inbuilt charger or do u intend to charge with only solar?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by rajo4real(m): 6:53pm On Apr 08, 2016
Valto:
lolz, even one supplier told me to just connect directly and start using. i refused, after reading the voltage with meter. i cant afford to damage my 200amp battery i bought 70k in this hard time. 30amps solar charge controller is on the way.

Laposta is very correct, pls use a charge controller.

And make sure your controller is connected to battery first, then your solar to controller.

cheers
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Im2Busy2Bother: 7:17pm On Apr 08, 2016
laposta:

I guess what you have is a 24v solar panel?

Whatever the case, the 40volts reading is why you need a Solar Charge controller. If you pass that solar power directly to your batteries, na fry you go fry am be that... grin

It won't fry the battery if he connects it directly. The battery will clamp the voltage down to between 12v to 14v

But it's not an acceptable practice to connect directly to battery as you stand a chance of overcharging the battery and voltage feedback to solar panels is possible @ night.

So in summary he needs a solar charge controller grin

3 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Im2Busy2Bother: 7:25pm On Apr 08, 2016
rajo4real:

And make sure your controller is connected to battery first, then your solar to controller.

cheers

The things I've seen, I know a guy that connected up to 1KW of solar panels directly to four 200AH battery. He doesn't use a charge controller, which by the way is the acceptable practice, but surpringly he has been using it like this for 2 years plus!

At the moment he is completely off grid, he had disagreement with NEPA and told them to come and collect their wire grin

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Valto(m): 7:39pm On Apr 08, 2016
Im2Busy2Bother:

The things I've seen, I know a guy that connected up to 1KW of solar panels directly to four 200AH battery. He doesn't use a charge controller, which by the way is the acceptable practice, but surpringly he has been using it like this for 2 years plus!

At the moment he is completely off grid, he had disagreement with NEPA and told them to come and collect their wire grin
wow, the same thing my supplier told, me, but am very afraid for my battery. thanks for the insight. prevention is still better than cure grin grin
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by admindim: 7:54pm On Apr 08, 2016
If u don't have money to buy separate solar charge controller just buy dc circuit breaker 10 or 15ahms and blocking diode to avoid discharge of the battery pluging direct solar panel is dangerous some times the sun might rise above some particular voltage which is 2 high for the battery something has to stop it that is the work of dc circuit breaker even people still use it even when connected to a charge controller because it willl automatically off by it self when such things happen
Valto:
wow, the same thing my supplier told, me, but am very afraid for my battery. thanks for the insight. prevention is still better than cure grin grin
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Nobody: 8:14pm On Apr 08, 2016
It always "coughs" when I switch the fridge on because the compressor can consumes up to 7 times its normal watt per hour to start for 1 -3 seconds... after 3 seconds it goes back to normal.

coderXO:
ok, trust me if your refrigerator is on or any time it is starting it's compressor the gen will cough.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by rajo4real(m): 9:22pm On Apr 08, 2016
Im2Busy2Bother:

well, am not disputing that but he might be killing his batteries gradually.

Factors like location, positioning and configuration of panels etc might be favouring him presently.

I bet he would not try this in areas like sokoto with proper positioning of his solar array!
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Im2Busy2Bother: 9:25pm On Apr 08, 2016
Valto:

Yes o, people do a lot of risky things rather than spend a little extra bucks.

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Im2Busy2Bother: 9:27pm On Apr 08, 2016
rajo4real:

well, am not disputing that but he might be killing his batteries gradually.

Factors like location, positioning and configuration of panels etc might be favouring him presently.

I bet he would not try this in areas like sokoto with proper positioning of his solar array!

He knows what he is doing is wrong, but he likes tweaking things his way
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by timifakay(m): 9:33pm On Apr 08, 2016
@afreekah @rajo4real @olorunda68 @pat077Battery was bought at N Olalekan Batteries, Ifeleye market, Oke Padre, Ibadan.
Solar panel and others at Show the light, Salvation Army area, Oke Padre Ibadan, can't reach the receipts to copy phone numbers now, will do so later.
@Valto Strictly solar charging for now, the inverter doesn't come with inbuilt charger. How much did you get your components? I want to compare prices.
@Ayostically Set up is on 35w TV, 70w Decoder, laptop and various energy saving bulbs, runs during d day and been on for 2 hours tonight.
@ceejay80s I just saw this advert on NL:

Complete solar solution for lighting, electronics & fans
520w solar panel (4pcs. 130w solar panels)
12v 200ah battery
12/24v 50A controller
Solar rack & Installation
1kva power inverter
Total cost - N280k

It's what you said about the amount I'll spend if my set up was done by an installer.

Note: the inverter trips off if loaded with Freezer or pumping machine and doesn't work until you switch the heavy load off, then switch inverter off and on again.

I hope I've been able to answer everyone.

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by bobojoshua(m): 9:39pm On Apr 08, 2016
rajo4real:

cheers
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by bobojoshua(m): 9:42pm On Apr 08, 2016
admindim:
If u don't have money to buy separate solar charge controller just buy dc circuit breaker 10 or 15ahms and blocking diode to avoid discharge of the battery pluging direct solar panel is dangerous some times the sun might rise above some particular voltage which is 2 high for the battery something has to stop it that is the work of dc circuit breaker even people still use it even when connected to a charge controller because it willl automatically off by it self when such things happen
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Valto(m): 9:54pm On Apr 08, 2016
timifakay:

@Valto Strictly solar charging for now, the inverter doesn't come with inbuilt charger. How much did you get your components? I want to compare prices.
1500watts inverter =8k
30amps four phase 12v smart charger =9k
200amps brand new Indian made (AGM deep cycle) battery =70k
30amps PWM solar charge controller=9k
200w Solar panel =35k.
all sourced in lagos except battery that was bought in onitsha., transportation fee for all is about 2k.

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by cooldipo(m): 4:22am On Apr 09, 2016
ceejay80s:

better still, replace the 2 fans with 10 watt fan from Ceejay's Oshodi battery seller....2k each at the last time of checking!
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by cooldipo(m): 4:40am On Apr 09, 2016
hello house, please I need the contacts of seller of mppt charge controller and the prices of 30 and 45A mppt charge controller respectively. thanks!
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by coderXO(m): 5:10am On Apr 09, 2016
Valto:
lolz, even one supplier told me to just connect directly and start using. i refused, after reading the voltage with meter. i cant afford to damage my 200amp battery i bought 70k in this hard time. 30amps solar charge controller is on the way.
which brand of battery did you buy?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 6:39am On Apr 09, 2016
cooldipo:

better still, replace the 2 fans with 10 watt fan from Ceejay's Oshodi battery seller....2k each at the last time if checking!
True talk
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by oloet: 11:03am On Apr 09, 2016
Valto:
my 200watts solar panels arrived today. already installed. am waiting for the solar charge controller to arive tomorrow. i used a normal meter to read the voltage and it shows 40volt, solar users in the house it that correct?
is this the same valto on fta forum... hmmmm
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Valto(m): 11:12am On Apr 09, 2016
oloet:
yes cool cool

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Valto(m): 11:14am On Apr 09, 2016
coderXO:
which brand of battery did you buy?
multi power solar, sold the same price with su-kam

1 Share

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by coderXO(m): 7:19pm On Apr 09, 2016
oloet:

many of us are alike in interests

3 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by officialfestus(m): 9:00pm On Apr 09, 2016
ceejay80s:

thanks man
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by zanyzara: 6:10pm On Apr 10, 2016
Hello house,

Thanks for the good work.I had my solar setup before stumbling on this thread,please will need your expertise. The first day the setup was brought in,it powered my two 30watts blue gate fans as well as 10 (18watts )power saving bulbs though not all switched on at once for 12 hrs before switching it off.After that first day,the inverter alarm went off after 5 hrs and the third day after 5hrs.The solar controller always display 24.9v yet will not power my bulbs and TV (1.01amps)for more than 5hrs. Please what could I have been doing wrong. I am a not versed in electrical terms and hope u will understand better with pictures of my set up.
Cc ceejay80s,lasposta,rajo4real and other experts.
Thanks.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by zanyzara: 6:13pm On Apr 10, 2016
I have 4 solar panels, (each coming in pairs of 130 watts).

Will pleeeaaase await your opinions. Thanks!
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by rajo4real(m): 9:49pm On Apr 10, 2016
zanyzara:
I have 4 solar panels, (each coming in pairs of 130 watts).

Will pleeeaaase await your opinions. Thanks!

it seems your panels are not charging d battery effectively.

do u mean 4 pieces of 130watt?

pls give a better explanation on how ur panels r connected.

positioning of ur panel is also important, is it affected by shading? are u facing south or west?, r ur panels tilted and hope they r not covered wit dust?

hv u tried charging wit Nepa? hv u used a meter to measure individual battery voltage?

which part of the country r u located? and ur controller is pwm which might not give u more than 60% of your solar array output; mppt is much preferable.

Pls try give more info so that others can contribute aswell.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by billyG(m): 8:17am On Apr 11, 2016
timifakay:

200w Solar panel- 40,000
1000w Inverter- 8,500
Cable clips- 100
Taxi charter- 1,500
Tips- 200
Carpenter- 1000
Total-119,990
Is that 200W S panel enough 2 charge yur (2)200AH batteries,how many hr does it take 2 fully +-?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by 9ijaprince(m): 8:25am On Apr 11, 2016
I doubt if it would
billyG:

Is that 200W S panel enough 2 charge yur (2)200AH batteries,how many hr does it take 2 fully +-?

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (356) (Reply)

Www.waptrick.com Download Game , Mp3, Music ,apps / Www.waptrick.com | Download Games | Music | Videos | Apps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.