Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,426 members, 7,812,256 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:48 AM

How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease - Science/Technology (49) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease (690966 Views)

17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone / The Locally-Made Vehicle I Saw In Aba - Pictures / Locally Made Amphibian Jet Spotted At Lagos Stadium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (356) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Valto(m): 11:33pm On Apr 15, 2016
timifakay:

...I know it's none of my business, but you got me confused, do u wanna expand your set up or are you building a different set up with the secondhand battery?
I won't advise you combine new and used
kind of different setup. i will use the same inverter. my brand new battery is being used with solar and charged also with 30amps smart charger, but the fairly used battery i will buy will be used solely as back up, i.e only when the new battery runs down. which of the 3 batteries do u suggest i choose?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by timifakay(m): 1:05am On Apr 16, 2016
Valto:
kind of different setup. i will use the same inverter. my brand new battery is being used with solar and charged also with 30amps smart charger, but the fairly used battery i will buy will be used solely as back up, i.e only when the new battery runs down. which of the 3 batteries do u suggest i choose?
I don't know anything about used batteries, just follow ceejay80s test tips and your intuition.
By theway: The guy I got my battery from had 150ah VRLA for about 38k if memory doesn't fail me, I'll rather get such.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by coderXO(m): 11:44am On Apr 16, 2016
What's your experience with these smart chargers? Those of you who have the 20A and 30A variants please comment.

My own experience with mine (30A) is it switches off prematurely; never allowing the battery to charge fully.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Valto(m): 12:12pm On Apr 16, 2016
coderXO:
What's your experience with these smart chargers? Those of you who have the 20A and 30A variants please comment.

My own experience with mine (30A) is it switches off prematurely; never allowing the battery to charge fully.
the same with mine, it doesn't charge fully most times, i noticed it charges well with generator though.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by deekseen(m): 1:28pm On Apr 16, 2016
coderXO:

My 20A charger got burnt early February. Since then i've taken it to different repairers and it's yet to be fixed. But before then it was working perfectly, charging my battery to full.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by rajo4real(m): 3:45pm On Apr 16, 2016
Valto:

Instead of buying another fairly used battery, i would advice u invest in your solar setup.

Try get more panels and maximise ur usage during d day. You can still add another new battery not later than 6 months time so you can start saving.

By d time u hv more panels, change ur controller to MPPT and enjoy solar array in VIP mode cool

keep it up bro!

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 4:38am On Apr 17, 2016
coderXO:

I have used the 20amp and the 30amp and it didn't give me any problem, except when ever my light is not full ,it doesn't charge, I sold my 20amp charger because the 30amp charges all my batteries faster than the 20amp......
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 5:33am On Apr 17, 2016
Valto:
the same with mine, it doesn't charge fully most times, i noticed it charges well with generator though.

Maybe ur light is not full, if ur stabilizer is working perfectly, connect to it and charge again, make sure ur stabilizer is not high, the smart charger can only take about 220v-240v
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by mrhello: 6:22am On Apr 17, 2016
Pls, help me wt dis:
Situation1. Is it advisable to use 50A smart battery charger charging a piece of 200ah deep cycle battery in a 650va mercury ups set up? Just needing fast charging. Though thinking of adding 1 more piece of 200ah much later bt nt now.

Situation2. Thinking of getting an inverter having abt 10A/15A inbuilt charger. And I want to use a 200ah battery wt it for a start. Is it advisable to add external smart battery charger, say of 30A to 50A for faster charging? Though thinking of adding 1 more piece of 200ah much later bt nt now.

Or d inbuilt 10A/15A charger is simply ok and can charge fast, even when 1 more 200ah battery is added?

*Note: d battery is fairly uaed.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Bosc(m): 9:40am On Apr 17, 2016
mrhello:
Pls, help me wt dis:
Situation1. Is it advisable to use 50A smart battery charger charging a piece of 200ah deep cycle battery in a 650va mercury ups set up? Just needing fast charging. Though thinking of adding 1 more piece of 200ah much later bt nt now.

Situation2. Thinking of getting an inverter having abt 10A/15A inbuilt charger. And I want to use a 200ah battery wt it for a start. Is it advisable to add external smart battery charger, say of 30A to 50A for faster charging? Though thinking of adding 1 more piece of 200ah much later bt nt now.

Or d inbuilt 10A/15A charger is simply ok and can charge fast, even when 1 more 200ah battery is added?

*Note: d battery is fairly uaed.
1. Yes you can, as long as it is a smart charger
2. With the inverter you're talking about, you don't need another smart charger cos the inbuilt charger is very sufficient to charge a 200ah battery. When I bought my own inverter with about 10a-15a inbuilt charger, I was planning to buying a smart charge of about 30a but now I'm very much satisfied with the way it charges my 200a battery.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by puffynana(m): 10:19am On Apr 17, 2016
Oga ceejay80 timifakay valto and all the solar experts of this house, all protocol duly observed.
Am back at home from services and heard that dere is no electricity in my place since January so am planning to build a simple solar setup

I av a few questions and need critics for my idea

IDEA.
With my little change I plan on buying one monochrome solar panel of about 35k
Then a charger controller about 9k
Then a small battery of maybe 40ah

Questions
1. During the day while the battery is charging considering the setup will u be able to still use electricity
2. Do I still need to buy a smart charger or an inverter/ups for the setup?
3. Is my budget on the right track?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by timifakay(m): 11:14am On Apr 17, 2016
puffynana:
Oga ceejay80 timifakay valto and all the solar experts of this house, all protocol duly observed.
Am back at home from services and heard that dere is no electricity in my place since January so am planning to build a simple solar setup

I av a few questions and need critics for my idea

IDEA.
With my little change I plan on buying one monochrome solar panel of about 35k
Then a charger controller about 9k
Then a small battery of maybe 40ah

Questions
1. During the day while the battery is charging considering the setup will u be able to still use electricity
2. Do I still need to buy a smart charger or an inverter/ups for the setup?
3. Is my budget on the right track?

I be learner oh... Battery DC to house AC.
1. Yes you can use electricity during the day, but it will affect charging rate.
2. You will need an inverter or UPS to power the house with. (The UPS conversion is cheaper)
3. The battery is small if the consumption is more than one person. You should have a battery that can store double your daily AH consumption. Try a minimum of 100AH, you should be able to get for about 35k.

I'm want to connect my inverter directly to the CC DC out during the day to see if battery charging rate will be better. Has anyone done that before?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by puffynana(m): 12:02pm On Apr 17, 2016
timifakay:

I be learner oh... Battery DC to house AC.
1. Yes you can use electricity during the day, but it will affect charging rate.
2. You will need an inverter or UPS to power the house with. (The UPS conversion is cheaper)
3. The battery is small if the consumption is more than one person. You should have a battery that can store double your daily AH consumption. Try a minimum of 100AH, you should be able to get for about 35k.

I'm want to connect my inverter directly to the CC DC out during the day to see if battery charging rate will be better. Has anyone done that before?

About the battery I only need to power my laptop so I believe that shud do.

Also can't solar be used without battery i.e connect the solar to inverter /ups directly during the day till the sun goes down.

Also sir the cost of the items above are from my head can u give me a break down of how many panels I need for an 100ah battery or less and the size and price of the charger controller
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Valto(m): 4:32pm On Apr 17, 2016
puffynana:

Also can't solar be used without battery i.e connect the solar to inverter /ups directly during the day till the sun goes down.

Also sir the cost of the items above are from my head can u give me a break down of how many panels I need for an 100ah battery or less and the size and price of the charger controller

u cannot connect a 200watts solar panel directly to inverter without a good battery of atleast 100amps and above.
u need a 200watts monocrystalline solar panel =35k
then wellsee 30amps solar charge controller (it charges my battery well and fast) like mine=8k
then a good ups/or inverter(bought my 1500w inverter=8k)
then a 12v smart charger if u intend to charge with electricity too.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by puffynana(m): 4:42pm On Apr 17, 2016
Valto:
u cannot use a 200watts solar panel directly to inverter without a good battery of atleast 100amps and above. connecting a 200watts solar to directly to inverter will blow off ur ups/inverter within seconds. u need a 200watts solar panel =35k
then wellsee 30amps solar charge controller (it charges my battery well and fast) like mine=8k
Thanks for this
Please to cut cost, is there anything like an 100 watt solar panel which will be cheaper to be used on a 100mh battery then maybe a lower charger controller of say 20amp with a ups. will the setup be OK?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by anochuks08(m): 4:44pm On Apr 17, 2016
Valto:
u cannot use a 200watts solar panel directly to inverter without a good battery of atleast 100amps and above. connecting a 200watts solar to directly to inverter will blow off ur ups/inverter within seconds. u need a 200watts solar panel =35k
Please can I see pictures of the 1500w inverter that you got for 8k and please where can I get it.

Thanks
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by mrhello: 4:46pm On Apr 17, 2016
Bosc:
1. Yes you can, as long as it is a smart charger
2. With the inverter you're talking about, you don't need another smart charger cos the inbuilt charger is very sufficient to charge a 200ah battery. When I bought my own inverter with about 10a-15a inbuilt charger, I was planning to buying a smart charge of about 30a but now I'm very much satisfied with the way it charges my 200a battery.
Thnks a.lot.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by FxDominion(m): 4:51pm On Apr 17, 2016
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by FxDominion(m): 4:53pm On Apr 17, 2016
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Valto(m): 5:02pm On Apr 17, 2016
timifakay:

u can, but the current there is not enough, its better to connect directly from battery.. it depends on your type of controller though
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Valto(m): 5:04pm On Apr 17, 2016
anochuks08:
Please can I see pictures of the 1500w inverter that you got for 8k and please where can I get it.

Thanks
olosha bustop mushin. call 08033153072 when u get there.

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Valto(m): 5:10pm On Apr 17, 2016
puffynana:

Thanks for this
Please to cut cost, is there anything like an 100 watt solar panel which will be cheaper to be used on a 100mh battery then maybe a lower charger controller of say 20amp with a ups. will the setup be OK?
there is 130w solar panel of around 27k, then a 30amp charge controller of 8k.the setup is okay, but i will still advice u to get a bigger solar panel of 200w, cos when u start using it, u will surely like to upgrade soon.

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by mrhello: 5:15pm On Apr 17, 2016
Attention: Valto

anochuks08:
Please can I see pictures of the 1500w inverter that you got for 8k and please where can I get it.Thanks
I was about asking same questions.

Now, in addtion to dis, pls help wt dis technical parameters
1. Does dis inverter hv display meter/screen? If yes, analog or digital?

2. If no, hw do u ascertain d output volt while in use?

3. Being a 1500w inverter, what is d max continuous power output as rated by d manufacturer?

4. What is also d peak load power output as indicated by d manufacturer?

5. What longest no. of hours hv u used dis inverter continuously?

6. And what maximum watts hv u loaded on it and for how long?

I will really appreciate if u can attend accurately to these questions. Thanks.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Valto(m): 5:24pm On Apr 17, 2016
rajo4real:

Instead of buying another fairly used battery, i would advice u invest in your solar setup.

Try get more panels and maximise ur usage during d day. You can still add another new battery not later than 6 months time so you can start saving.

By d time u hv more panels, change ur controller to MPPT and enjoy solar array in VIP mode cool

keep it up bro!
thanks for this advice. i will add one more 200watts solar panel and a 30amps mppt controller controller soon.due to space constraints i cannot install more than 2 solar panels. i stay in south south Nigeria, so if i buy a fairly used 200amps battery all the way from lagos and it ever turns out faulty, sending it back to lag will be a big and costly task. i rather save and get a brand new battery 2 or 3 months time.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Valto(m): 5:47pm On Apr 17, 2016
mrhello:
Attention: Valto

I was about asking same questions.

Now, in addtion to dis, pls help wt dis technical parameters
1. Does dis inverter hv display meter/screen? If yes, analog or digital?

2. If no, hw do u ascertain d output volt while in use?

3. Being a 1500w inverter, what is d max continuous power output as rated by d manufacturer?

4. What is also d peak load power output as indicated by d manufacturer?

5. What longest no. of hours hv u used dis inverter continuously?

6. And what maximum watts hv u loaded on it and for how long?

I will really appreciate if u can attend accurately to these questions. Thanks.
the 1500w inverter am currently using is for mean time as i intend to buy atleast a 2.4kva prag or su-kam inverter in the long run. a 1500watts car inverter of 8k should not be expected to av the same capacity/ functions of a 90k pure sine wave inverter. to your questions,
1, no
2, it supplies full 220volt as read by my meter
3, i cant really tell, but mine can power over 12 energy bulbs and 32inches led tv with a 30w standing fan.
4, i dont know cos its not written on the body and i misplace the manual.
5, i av used it for about 8hrs straight,(not with full load) phcn or gen is available most of the time , so no need to use it for long hrs.
6, i am yet to fully load it for long time, cos i dont want deplete my battery quickly.
if u have the CASH and want a very good inverter with many functions and higher capacity, THIS IS NOT FOR U.. thanks cool
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by 9ijaprince(m): 6:08pm On Apr 17, 2016
Valto:
olosha bustop mushin. call 08033153072 when u get there.

Does the inverter have inbuilt fan?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by puffynana(m): 6:35pm On Apr 17, 2016
Valto:
there is 130w solar panel of around 27k, then a 30amp charge controller of 8k.the setup is okay, but i will still advice u to get a bigger solar panel of 200w, cos when u start using it, u will surely like to upgrade soon.
Thanks my oga
Making 43k with the 200w panel. Battery of 100ah second hand will cost like how much?
Also I saw an advert of refurbished battery is it reliable?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 6:35pm On Apr 17, 2016
9ijaprince:

All inverters should
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by timifakay(m): 6:57pm On Apr 17, 2016
Valto:
u can, but the current there is not enough, its better to connect directly from battery.. it depends on your type of controller though
Yes, I tried it already. The inverter fan couldn't run at full speed continuously and the fault light was blinking. It's a 12v 30A wellsee controller. Please share a picture of your controller or compare the picture of mine earlier posted to yours, if it's the same. Looks like the price of the one I bought was inflated.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Valto(m): 7:14pm On Apr 17, 2016
9ijaprince:

yes
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by timifakay(m): 7:15pm On Apr 17, 2016
puffynana:

130watts panel about 25-30k
100ah batt about 30k
Charge controller about 9k
UPS or inverter about 1k5 or 8k
Cable 4h per yard
The output current of the CC is not high enough for the inverter if connected and battery.
Only the UPS in d above estimate ain't brand new.
I suggest you get one of those laptop power banks if there's gen to charge at night (I don't own one so can't really talk on the charge rate using gen or output) instead of setting up solar panel that won't serve you well and give you a nasty experience...

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Valto(m): 7:23pm On Apr 17, 2016
timifakay:

Yes, I tried it already. The inverter fan couldn't run at full speed continuously and the fault light was blinking. It's a 12v 30A wellsee controller. Please share a picture of your controller or compare the picture of mine earlier posted to yours, if it's the same. Looks like the price of the one I bought was inflated.
from the picture of urs, it should be cheaper than 8k i bought mine cos it doesn't have any screen to monitor solar charge, battery state of charge% charging ah temperature, battery low, low and high voltage settings, e.t. c

attached is the picture of mine.

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (356) (Reply)

Www.waptrick.com Download Game , Mp3, Music ,apps / Www.waptrick.com | Download Games | Music | Videos | Apps

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.